All Categories

Live arena sucks

Live arena sucks

Search
Comments
May 10, 2023, 16:5705/10/23
07/20/20
Sebyraidzs

Also one more point that everyone is missing : all the whales max out account will reach the end Live arena reward , get Quintus the best nuke champion in game and will destroy even more the low level accounts.

In what universe this is fair to anyone ???  

In every reasonable universe, this is fair.  It's called competition.  Better usually (but not always) wins.  It's why we hold contests - to measure the superior, and to occasionally delight in the surprise upset victory of an underdog.

May 10, 2023, 17:0005/10/23
07/20/20
𝐭𝐡.𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊™

and here lets take a look what we can expect in Silver tiers:

i

how ban phase helps in any way when u see dubles every battle u try ???

In this example, I'm not better than such an account, and I should lose to it, pretty much every time - until I get better, then I'll eventually have an improved chance of giving it a decent fight - until then, I lose.

I have no problems with this.  I would not expect, nor want it to be any other way.

May 10, 2023, 17:5105/10/23
04/15/22

I rationalize it like this: Those accounts deserve to be in Gold, and gotta go thru Silver (like a hot knife thru butter) to get there.  Pray you don't see a lot of them on their way to the moon.

I wouldn't have said that when Live Arena started, but now that I see how things are shaking out, now it stands to reason.

harleQuinnModerator
May 10, 2023, 19:2305/10/23
02/24/19
Modern Thinker

In this example, I'm not better than such an account, and I should lose to it, pretty much every time - until I get better, then I'll eventually have an improved chance of giving it a decent fight - until then, I lose.

I have no problems with this.  I would not expect, nor want it to be any other way.

Couldn't agree more.

What a crazy team that guy has though, sheesh. lmao

May 10, 2023, 21:4605/10/23
01/04/21

I'm 94 and out of 10 matchups 7 x 100, 1 x 99, 1x 90, 1 x 82

I did win 6 out of 10 this round, normally at best its 5 with a bot usually in the mix, but because I won the speed race and they picked the wrong teams to resist bombs.  I did lose to the 90 because they played well and with RNG they came out on top but an interestiung strategic match.  The 100's I beat made bad team choices.They were all one shot teams with low resistance so bombs landed, RNG went in my favour and dropped the timer to 1, and their cleanser was too slow.

May 11, 2023, 00:0705/11/23
May 11, 2023, 00:07(edited)
03/05/19
Banshee

I rationalize it like this: Those accounts deserve to be in Gold, and gotta go thru Silver (like a hot knife thru butter) to get there.  Pray you don't see a lot of them on their way to the moon.

I wouldn't have said that when Live Arena started, but now that I see how things are shaking out, now it stands to reason.

"Those accounts deserve to be in Gold"

mybe he dont want to Gold, cuz Battle Rule where u must pick unique chemp i am guessing that means  no duplicates...

but generaly its stupid for all tiers if u can pick doubles... whats use of ban phase if u setup two of same than ban dont help at all... that one extra slot for ban perfects for those with many dupes... 

May 11, 2023, 20:1405/11/23
03/04/20

Its incredibly tedious and time consuming, especially when the other player insists on manual and takes all of their time to make a move...

May 12, 2023, 07:0405/12/23
01/04/21
WhiteKnightHater

Its incredibly tedious and time consuming, especially when the other player insists on manual and takes all of their time to make a move...

As a 94 I can't do auto when lined up against 100's.  

This round gone I just had 8.  From their points it looks like a whole new load of 100's coming in to silver and moving up through the ranks.  You can also tell they are new due to their strategy but still have depth of account so ended up just being longer games to get smashed.

Pretty much every 100 was nearly double my PP.

May 12, 2023, 21:5705/12/23
01/15/21

So aside from the first day I haven't played this mode due to lack of time. And was I was still in bronze.

I logged on to try it. First match, the guy had double Taras, double marichka, second match the guy had goergid, marichka, Taras, third match Taras, marichka, kymar and harima

Average opponent power level according to logs was 19 mill

They are matchmaking y power level again.

May 12, 2023, 22:1305/12/23
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

So aside from the first day I haven't played this mode due to lack of time. And was I was still in bronze.

I logged on to try it. First match, the guy had double Taras, double marichka, second match the guy had goergid, marichka, Taras, third match Taras, marichka, kymar and harima

Average opponent power level according to logs was 19 mill

They are matchmaking y power level again.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing it for bronze. It makes sense, it's basically preseason til u get to silver anyways.  Win x amount and move up to silver.  Lack of participation I'm guessing is the issue now, I think time is the #1 reason. 

May 12, 2023, 23:5705/12/23
10/17/22

It's tedious, slow and boring as fook. 

May 13, 2023, 01:1205/13/23
May 13, 2023, 01:28(edited)
01/04/21

I have had some good match ups and it seems if players are around my PP and level those can go either way and some of it is RNG.  They are challenging and good value.

However I am tired of being food for some of the 100's, and it's usually them.  They will often run an Arbitor and even Arbitor/Kymar so that's the champ I have to ban as I know my team won't stand up to the Nukers they run.  Running and Arbitor+(Duchess/Siphi) + 2 of (Taras/Candy/Leo/Marichka/Rotos) + (Python/Ukko/Brogni) lineup it's Arbitor that has to get the ban. I can sometimes hold them back for a bit if the RNG goes my way but if I can't get through their shields and stone skin eventually they just smash me.  You are sort of committed when you start picking as your team needs to work together. 

I don't really have those solid defensive champs in my roster (nor good gear for the potential ones I could build into a somewhat team) to field a decent go second team and my current are geared to go first and fast enough to bring their skills back around.  You can't just regear them on the fly.

May 13, 2023, 12:3205/13/23
01/15/21
Trips

I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing it for bronze. It makes sense, it's basically preseason til u get to silver anyways.  Win x amount and move up to silver.  Lack of participation I'm guessing is the issue now, I think time is the #1 reason. 

I can imagine participation is low, there are three issues for me

1) I play like an idiot, i have won 9 of 12 matches but even the matches i won i picked my team like an idiot - i go into headless chicken mode when live it seems. But i agree that isnt the fault of plarium :) 

2) Matchmaking thus far seems to be based on player power, its so much fun facing mega whales with double taras and double marichka

3) The issue that really matters, the mode is painfully slow and it already takes too much time to do dailies on raid.

May 13, 2023, 13:4505/13/23
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

1) I play like an idiot, i have won 9 of 12 matches but even the matches i won i picked my team like an idiot - i go into headless chicken mode when live it seems. But i agree that isnt the fault of plarium :) 

2) Matchmaking thus far seems to be based on player power, its so much fun facing mega whales with double taras and double marichka

3) The issue that really matters, the mode is painfully slow and it already takes too much time to do dailies on raid.

1) same for me, lol. But I've switched to a team that wins or loses fast everything. My best win rate is with duchess, nehk, ... but don't use those anymore 

2) this will sort out, seriously once u get to silver 1. And we all will eventually settle in the "right" tier

3) somewhat agree, my strategy in #1 mitigates it. Bigger problem is limited availability, some days I can only hit one window briefly 

May 13, 2023, 15:1505/13/23
04/15/22

The RNG that governs the starting of the fights, is f*@#d up ...i got to be first player to do a move in 1 battle out of 15+ ..dafuq is that ..

May 14, 2023, 07:2205/14/23
May 14, 2023, 07:23(edited)
01/04/21
Trevor Wilson

No it's not on team power mine is 6.8M. I'm lvl 94 and in Silver with 1,421.

I just lined up with a 22.6M lvl 100 with 1,434

They are matchmaking around where you are in the ranking in the Live Arena and not factoring the rest in.  It will depend on how long people are in the wait list and where they turn up in the wait list as well I will guess.

There are peopel who's comment is git guud, you lack skill, etc but this game has a lot of RNG as well as what champions you get.  Went up against this player in another match and look at this players lvl and who wouldn't want to field a team like this.  I only have Arbitor and none of these others.

The PP should at least be factored in.  BTW this players PP is also higher than mine.  I got to pick first so I was already committed by the time the rest of these were showing up and was commited to going for the speed.

i

May 15, 2023, 12:5705/15/23
05/26/22
ozkfid

I'm 94 and out of 10 matchups 7 x 100, 1 x 99, 1x 90, 1 x 82

I did win 6 out of 10 this round, normally at best its 5 with a bot usually in the mix, but because I won the speed race and they picked the wrong teams to resist bombs.  I did lose to the 90 because they played well and with RNG they came out on top but an interestiung strategic match.  The 100's I beat made bad team choices.They were all one shot teams with low resistance so bombs landed, RNG went in my favour and dropped the timer to 1, and their cleanser was too slow.

I don't know if I even have the heros to resist bombs and certianly not developed enough to use them in arena. 

May 15, 2023, 14:5805/15/23
09/24/20

So I'm expected to memorize however many toons(hundreds), that are availabal and their tiles and every single spell(thousands) out there, then counter agianst a lag infested  experiance.

another blind luck feature in the guise of strategy...............................

my brain aint that big.........

harleQuinnModerator
May 15, 2023, 15:3905/15/23
02/24/19
Unoo

So I'm expected to memorize however many toons(hundreds), that are availabal and their tiles and every single spell(thousands) out there, then counter agianst a lag infested  experiance.

another blind luck feature in the guise of strategy...............................

my brain aint that big.........

Only about 20 champs are used in any serious way, you'll eventually get a feel for them.

May 15, 2023, 18:0105/15/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Only about 20 champs are used in any serious way, you'll eventually get a feel for them.

Maybe in your Platinum world :)

I think Silver will end up with a very diffent Meta, with lots of different possibilities working well for different folks.  Speed, bombs, ... If people actually start participating in live that is, even just to contribute to the points influx.  I am doing my part speed running (W or L) at the bottom of silver 2.