All Categories

Live arena sucks

Live arena sucks

Search
Comments
May 1, 2023, 21:2805/01/23
01/04/21

Also not sure if you actually grasp the conversation that is being had.

It's not about losing it's about unwinable match ups. 

Have no problems losing and they are the most fun when they are close and it's often a good RNG or a slight mistake that decides.

May 1, 2023, 23:5805/01/23
07/02/22
dthorne04

In essence it functions similarly to Classic/Tag (more so Tag) arena in that as players climb, it gets harder. With everyone starting in the same place it takes time, which tracks from a logic standpoint. I've no idea where you're at in Live right now, but I'm seeing a lot of the earlier game players with much easier to win fights now in Bronze.

To your last two points: this is how PvP works. You bring better teams, make better decisions - in and out of game - or severely hamper your ability to win. If someone is bringing an Arbiter against an Arbiter (and not banning theirs, if the fight is predicated completely upon speed) then they're probably making a mistake there.

If we're trying to run speed headlong into what we know to be better speed then I'm not sure what to tell you other than try to pick better bans, try to develop a slower team or grind out Speed. 

Hi.

Why you dont just implement more advanced matchmaking rules ? 

- like see what the accounts what exactly champions they have 

- check each champions speeds

- check each champion gear and blessing 

Is not fair to get faced vs an Arbiter for example with a 400 + speed vs my 320 speed Arbiter , or vs a nuker that has 8000 + attack and 300 crit damage and one shots all your team. 

So please Plarium dont throw us this random answer like everyone starts in the same place.  

Code better !! do better ! And everyone will be happy. 

May 2, 2023, 21:3205/02/23
10/01/22
Ant

Match up are still disappointing, has this been created to stroke the ego of level 100 players?

dont worry plarium said it would only take several days about 2 weekss ago.

wait a min...

May 2, 2023, 21:3705/02/23
12/19/19
Sebyraidzs

Hi.

Why you dont just implement more advanced matchmaking rules ? 

- like see what the accounts what exactly champions they have 

- check each champions speeds

- check each champion gear and blessing 

Is not fair to get faced vs an Arbiter for example with a 400 + speed vs my 320 speed Arbiter , or vs a nuker that has 8000 + attack and 300 crit damage and one shots all your team. 

So please Plarium dont throw us this random answer like everyone starts in the same place.  

Code better !! do better ! And everyone will be happy. 

It's not supposed to be fair...

May 2, 2023, 21:5205/02/23
06/25/20

As I said in the other thread - why should it be fair? Why do you think it would be more fair for you to be able to climb faster than me, when my account is better than yours?

May 2, 2023, 21:5305/02/23
May 2, 2023, 21:53(edited)
04/12/21

Why does the game keep giving me the "game is having issues" message??  The choice is to continue or contact support, both being unpleasant.  Lately I just have been pushing through with continue but it sure gets annoying.

May 3, 2023, 12:3505/03/23
07/02/22
kramaswamy.kr

As I said in the other thread - why should it be fair? Why do you think it would be more fair for you to be able to climb faster than me, when my account is better than yours?

What do you mean i will climb faster than you ?  If we both play every day we will climb in the same time, and also we will have fair chances because we will be matched up with players the same as us . 

Also your account is better probably because you pay to win . So stop trolling please

May 3, 2023, 13:4805/03/23
06/25/20
Sebyraidzs

What do you mean i will climb faster than you ?  If we both play every day we will climb in the same time, and also we will have fair chances because we will be matched up with players the same as us . 

Also your account is better probably because you pay to win . So stop trolling please

Haven't paid a dime. But thanks for trying.

I repeat my question. Why should you even be able to climb at the same rate as me? Why should it be fair? Does that not completely devalue the entire point of progressing your account?

harleQuinnModerator
May 3, 2023, 14:3005/03/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

I repeat my question. Why should you even be able to climb at the same rate as me? Why should it be fair? Does that not completely devalue the entire point of progressing your account?

I made 1st in the world! Sure, I only fought accounts below level 75, but since I didn't have to fight Taras, Marichka, +2 Siphi +4 Rotos, +2 Warlord every fight like Quinn and Krama did, it was even easier for me than for them!  I just plowed straight through Gold, then into the top 100 of the rankings just cause I could clear fights easier and faster than anyone else.

Here's the thing too Kram, the game is already matchmaking. It already you against people close to you in account development if possible when you queue up Live. It balances several factors, including: time in queue, account strength, and your WR in Live. It is not just random. The best accounts in the world are now facing problems where they can't find opponents at all cause the matchmaking system won't let them play us back in the Silver Tiers. :D

So these folks are plowing through their buddies at their current level or below, then finally get a solid enough WR and high enough progression to face stronger opponents, then are frustrated to get smashed by better built teams and gear. I did this myself in fact. Had 100% WR day 1, and about that Day 2, then found myself fighting people who place top 100 Plat every every week. You can imagine I did not fair well. lmao

May 3, 2023, 14:3805/03/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

I made 1st in the world! Sure, I only fought accounts below level 75, but since I didn't have to fight Taras, Marichka, +2 Siphi +4 Rotos, +2 Warlord every fight like Quinn and Krama did, it was even easier for me than for them!  I just plowed straight through Gold, then into the top 100 of the rankings just cause I could clear fights easier and faster than anyone else.

Here's the thing too Kram, the game is already matchmaking. It already you against people close to you in account development if possible when you queue up Live. It balances several factors, including: time in queue, account strength, and your WR in Live. It is not just random. The best accounts in the world are now facing problems where they can't find opponents at all cause the matchmaking system won't let them play us back in the Silver Tiers. :D

So these folks are plowing through their buddies at their current level or below, then finally get a solid enough WR and high enough progression to face stronger opponents, then are frustrated to get smashed by better built teams and gear. I did this myself in fact. Had 100% WR day 1, and about that Day 2, then found myself fighting people who place top 100 Plat every every week. You can imagine I did not fair well. lmao

Interesting, so LA does factor in account strength? That seems unfair lol

harleQuinnModerator
May 3, 2023, 14:3805/03/23
02/24/19
Trips

Interesting, so LA does factor in account strength? That seems unfair lol

Git gud, my friend. :D

May 3, 2023, 14:4005/03/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Git gud, my friend. :D

I am at 1501, 1-1 in S2 :) better than I expected lol

harleQuinnModerator
May 3, 2023, 14:4205/03/23
02/24/19
Trips

I am at 1501, 1-1 in S2 :) better than I expected lol

Better than me, for sure. I have been taking it easy since the first few days.

May 3, 2023, 14:4705/03/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Better than me, for sure. I have been taking it easy since the first few days.

WR 63% (includes beta? idk) rank is 1614

Based on that, pretty much everyone is in S1 now right... the +5/-4 probably is gonna slow the spread more than I thought.  But is probably the right balance long-term.  I do think giving more free refills for a month or so makes more sense than temporarily adjusting the points.  Or just make the bots easier and more prevalent, the old school classic arena bots that u mods claimed never existed LMAO

May 3, 2023, 16:3705/03/23
07/02/22
kramaswamy.kr

Your question is useles and irelevant. 

Everyone is allowed to climb in the same time . Who do you think you are to be better then the rest of us ? 

May 3, 2023, 16:3805/03/23
07/02/22

Plarium please you gain a lot of money from all the whales. 

At least make the game better. Dont just cash the money and dont  care about the players. In this way people will quit the game  and get more and more frustrated. 

harleQuinnModerator
May 3, 2023, 16:3905/03/23
02/24/19
Trips

WR 63% (includes beta? idk) rank is 1614

Based on that, pretty much everyone is in S1 now right... the +5/-4 probably is gonna slow the spread more than I thought.  But is probably the right balance long-term.  I do think giving more free refills for a month or so makes more sense than temporarily adjusting the points.  Or just make the bots easier and more prevalent, the old school classic arena bots that u mods claimed never existed LMAO

All accounts in Classic Arena are bots, or are you suggesting you weren't facing terrible AI and silly defensive choices for the entirety of your Classic Arena experience? This is why the UDK complaint threads are even sillier, cause most of us have been using the silly AI defensive choices for years to steal wins.

As far as live, my WR is 60% now, so if you're THAT much ahead of me, I presume you are playing a decent amount more than I am. :)

And people will spread out eventually. Everyone just wants all the progression RIGHT NOW.

harleQuinnModerator
May 3, 2023, 16:4305/03/23
02/24/19
Sebyraidzs

Your question is useles and irelevant. 

Everyone is allowed to climb in the same time . Who do you think you are to be better then the rest of us ? 

His question is neither useless and irrelevant.

He never once said he is better than anyone either. Instead, Krama is someone who has been playing the game for 3 years now, building his account, doing the fusions, farming gear, building champs, farming Hydra and Iron Twins. He worked to progress his account to do the PvE content, and to be competitive in the top end of Arena if he so chooses. This is why his account is more advanced.

If you wish to climb to where he is in Arena, you will need to play him or others like him. That is the way a competitive game mode works.

May 3, 2023, 17:1205/03/23
07/02/22
harleQuinn

His question is neither useless and irrelevant.

He never once said he is better than anyone either. Instead, Krama is someone who has been playing the game for 3 years now, building his account, doing the fusions, farming gear, building champs, farming Hydra and Iron Twins. He worked to progress his account to do the PvE content, and to be competitive in the top end of Arena if he so chooses. This is why his account is more advanced.

If you wish to climb to where he is in Arena, you will need to play him or others like him. That is the way a competitive game mode works.

Ok i will repeat again because you guys seem to not understand.

What account progression has to do with fair PVP ? Do you even understand the concept of fair PVP ? 

Fair pvp means : 

- same level of account

- same strenght power of champions

- same blessings

If i go fight an account with +4 on all champs , full blessings , tell me how is that fair for me in Arena ? 

Just stop it and stop trying to defend Plarium. Or maybe you are hired from plarium to write on this forum ? 

dthorne04Moderator
May 3, 2023, 17:1705/03/23
May 3, 2023, 17:21(edited)
12/30/20
Sebyraidzs

Ok i will repeat again because you guys seem to not understand.

What account progression has to do with fair PVP ? Do you even understand the concept of fair PVP ? 

Fair pvp means : 

- same level of account

- same strenght power of champions

- same blessings

If i go fight an account with +4 on all champs , full blessings , tell me how is that fair for me in Arena ? 

Just stop it and stop trying to defend Plarium. Or maybe you are hired from plarium to write on this forum ? 

fair PvP isn't complete and utter parity and not how any sort of competitive environment should work. 

you shouldn't get to reach the upper echelon of a competition or reap the benefits of doing so without improving, and certainly not by creating your own bracket to do so. 

nobody in this debate is a Plarium employee, not fans of completely trivializing the effort put into long accounts while effectively making the situation much worse by forcing everyone into coinflip groupings, exacerbating the need for specific champions, etc.