All Categories

Live arena sucks

Live arena sucks

Search
Comments
May 3, 2023, 17:3805/03/23
07/02/22
dthorne04

fair PvP isn't complete and utter parity and not how any sort of competitive environment should work. 

you shouldn't get to reach the upper echelon of a competition or reap the benefits of doing so without improving, and certainly not by creating your own bracket to do so. 

nobody in this debate is a Plarium employee, not fans of completely trivializing the effort put into long accounts while effectively making the situation much worse by forcing everyone into coinflip groupings, exacerbating the need for specific champions, etc. 

Just stop trying to have the last word. You know i am right and the rest of the community will see what i said here. Enough said is over. 

Like the title said "Live arena sucks " 

dthorne04Moderator
May 3, 2023, 17:5805/03/23
May 3, 2023, 18:02(edited)
12/30/20
Sebyraidzs

Just stop trying to have the last word. You know i am right and the rest of the community will see what i said here. Enough said is over. 

Like the title said "Live arena sucks " 

yeah, that's not how a forum works. what you say is open to respectful debate and discussion and is not here to merely be an echo chamber for you. competing viewpoints are not a bad thing. 

I hope that clears things up for you. :)

May 3, 2023, 20:2005/03/23
May 3, 2023, 20:24(edited)
09/14/20
Sebyraidzs

Your question is useles and irelevant. 

Everyone is allowed to climb in the same time . Who do you think you are to be better then the rest of us ? 

I would actually have a few points.

Krama is most likely better because

- he has a deep knowledge of the game

- due to this he has well developped champions

- he equipped them the right way

- he builds teams with good synergy in their skills.

- he probably has played much longer than you did.

None of the points above have anything to do with pay-to-win but more with play-and-learn.

And I tell you, I would be pissed if everybody would climb at the same time. Why should somebody  [just an example] who is playing for 3 months and has like 5 lvl 60 badly-equipped champs be allowed to beat content/rise in arena at the same pace than somebody who has dozens of well equipped champions and good teams? 

You also do not equal that in any kind of sports...at least I have not seen soccer championships in which one team is allowed to narrow down their goalposts to 2 meters while the other team is forced to use the standard 7.32 m. And that is exactly what you are asking for

May 4, 2023, 06:5005/04/23
07/02/22
Matrim

I would actually have a few points.

Krama is most likely better because

- he has a deep knowledge of the game

- due to this he has well developped champions

- he equipped them the right way

- he builds teams with good synergy in their skills.

- he probably has played much longer than you did.

None of the points above have anything to do with pay-to-win but more with play-and-learn.

And I tell you, I would be pissed if everybody would climb at the same time. Why should somebody  [just an example] who is playing for 3 months and has like 5 lvl 60 badly-equipped champs be allowed to beat content/rise in arena at the same pace than somebody who has dozens of well equipped champions and good teams? 

You also do not equal that in any kind of sports...at least I have not seen soccer championships in which one team is allowed to narrow down their goalposts to 2 meters while the other team is forced to use the standard 7.32 m. And that is exactly what you are asking for

You dont understand the whole point man.  

Answer this question : How is it fair for a low level account to fight a max out account ?  

Also playing for 3 years doesnt matter he has more knowledge .

Plarium just need to learn how to develop a better algoritm : 

- take the most recently used champions from every account 

- match this champions with accounts of their own levels based on : attack / defense/ hp power, blessing level, empowerment level  

May 4, 2023, 06:5205/04/23
07/02/22

Also one more point that everyone is missing : all the whales max out account will reach the end Live arena reward , get Quintus the best nuke champion in game and will destroy even more the low level accounts.

In what universe this is fair to anyone ???  

May 4, 2023, 08:3905/04/23
09/14/20
Sebyraidzs

You dont understand the whole point man.  

Answer this question : How is it fair for a low level account to fight a max out account ?  

Also playing for 3 years doesnt matter he has more knowledge .

Plarium just need to learn how to develop a better algoritm : 

- take the most recently used champions from every account 

- match this champions with accounts of their own levels based on : attack / defense/ hp power, blessing level, empowerment level  

Actually I have the impression that you do not understand the whole topic and are just circulating in your own world.

Perhaps you can think about this analogy:

Why should a newcomer or small country like Liechtenstein expect to win in the qualification phase of a soccer championship against a nation like France? And if Liechtenstein does not win or does not stand a chance...should the rules of the game be manipulated in a way that Lichtenstein will win against France and will qualify for the championship while France will be thrown out of the tournament?

You also are totally ignoring in your example that the *whale accounts* after a certain period (which has many time been named here as the time needed to establish the hierarchy due to ALL players starting at the same level of points) will never be placed against new accounts.

May 4, 2023, 09:1405/04/23
07/02/22
Matrim

Actually I have the impression that you do not understand the whole topic and are just circulating in your own world.

Perhaps you can think about this analogy:

Why should a newcomer or small country like Liechtenstein expect to win in the qualification phase of a soccer championship against a nation like France? And if Liechtenstein does not win or does not stand a chance...should the rules of the game be manipulated in a way that Lichtenstein will win against France and will qualify for the championship while France will be thrown out of the tournament?

You also are totally ignoring in your example that the *whale accounts* after a certain period (which has many time been named here as the time needed to establish the hierarchy due to ALL players starting at the same level of points) will never be placed against new accounts.

Dude we are talking abour Raid shadow legends not soccer. Welcome to earth lol

May 4, 2023, 09:5605/04/23
09/14/20
Sebyraidzs

Dude we are talking abour Raid shadow legends not soccer. Welcome to earth lol

Dude, look up on Google about analogy.

harleQuinnModerator
May 4, 2023, 15:1805/04/23
02/24/19

Here I was hoping to find some lower level players, but once again another day with just level 100 whales to fight! Where are my low level opponents???!?

i

May 4, 2023, 15:4305/04/23
10/01/22
kramaswamy.kr

As I said in the other thread - why should it be fair? Why do you think it would be more fair for you to be able to climb faster than me, when my account is better than yours?

why should it be fair really? thats the best u got? lol

theres a ranking system thats meant to be there to make it fair but its still matching people up with horrendous match ups.

lets be totally honest on this thead, the only people who defend the current update are people high enough level to benefit from it, of course high levels dont want a "fair" fight they want easy ranking food, and they got it.

harleQuinnModerator
May 4, 2023, 17:3105/04/23
02/24/19
oblivion01332

why should it be fair really? thats the best u got? lol

theres a ranking system thats meant to be there to make it fair but its still matching people up with horrendous match ups.

lets be totally honest on this thead, the only people who defend the current update are people high enough level to benefit from it, of course high levels dont want a "fair" fight they want easy ranking food, and they got it.

All I'm fighting is Lvl 100s.

Also, it's a competitive game mode. You'll have to compete to advance. Or have patience so that developed accounts have time to move up so you can compete better in the proper tier for your account development.

May 6, 2023, 07:4105/06/23
01/04/21

Lol

Actually it isn't fair but I think people are just wanting a bit of a better balance.

One of the main reasons it isn't fair is because of the randomness of the game.  Random champion pulls, random gear drops, random gear rolls, random acend rolls, random soulstone summon, shall I go on?

Now if you are a whale these can be compensated for by simply by increasing the volume you have.

Krama doesn't actually necessarily have to be good in the game if the the rolls have gone his way.

I have a couple of the best champions in the game but I have no depth in my roster. I don't have the champs that I seem to face in the teams that other people put out (Siphi, Rotos, Duchess, Lyssandra, Lady Kimi, Nekhret, Taras, Yukemo, Hephraak, etc).  Warlord is awesome but a high resistant duchess, siphi can be a problem.  Do I build a high accuracy Warlord but then I also need speed to get him to put that out before they get a turn and get his turn back again to keep that other team in Stone Skin on cooldown. A team is 4 not 1 or 2.

You also build each champ to be "offensive" or "defensive" and you can't just switch the gear accordingly.  So the bans do make it a problem.

I used all my energy and scored high in the last 3x Speed drops of Dragon and I got 3 speed pieces worth keeping.  Not one of them is better than the other pieces I have. I have had a minimal amount of acend rolls give me the bonus that works with the gear I have and suplements it.

There is no skill involved in pulling a good roster and having good gear.  That is luck.

Yes there is skill involved in how you use, equip and do all of that.  But at the end of the day if you don't have great stuff you just don't.  

So no it's not necessarily that Karma is such a wonderful player that he deserves to be above the pitiful rest.

Now for an official response from Raid Shadow Legends Support when I gave feedback about the balance issue in live arena (and if you can't see the irony........)

We have got several tips for you: 

• Equip your Champion with the proper gear
    The right stats and bonuses of your Artifacts significantly increase your chances to beat the opponent.
  • Hire a dream team
    Select Champions that complement each other. And remember that a good Support Champ may be a game changer.
  • Choose your enemies wisely
    Always check the Affinity of your Champions and their opponents before the battle. It affects the Attack Damage your Champs deal and take. 
May 6, 2023, 11:5205/06/23
11/28/22

I think live arena has some cool potential just waiting to be written up and coded.. especially in the case of "battle rules", obviously the start of some cool screening.  How about screening from not just player levels and might, but all through the different aspects of champ levels or afinities, ascended, or unascended, one faction only`s, sorta like what the SR floors do in Doom Tower. Could be made it into tourneys on the order of the best Common Champ teams. Or the best  4* UnCommon Champs of X Faction.. Just a thought.

May 6, 2023, 17:3805/06/23
03/05/19
dthorne04

I almost always, always ban Taras over Marichka. Damage mitigation plus nuking your entire team with the quickness is such an issue.

thats good ban... hh 

his Damage mitigation is INSANEE hh

i can tell Taras carry me soon in Silver I...

cca 25battles until silver... all thx to Taras 

i

May 8, 2023, 16:1305/08/23
04/15/22
harleQuinn

Here I was hoping to find some lower level players, but once again another day with just level 100 whales to fight! Where are my low level opponents???!?

i

My pitiful Level-85-account team has been wearing Perfect Veil Against Mods.

You can't find us, harleQuinn.

Seriously, though, I've been trying to figure out a pecking order for bans, and decided to take a survey of who is in the available defense teams of the top 50 players.

Considering Harima, Taras and Marichka have been available only a small fraction of time compared to the old standards, I'd probably bump them up in the rankings.

Who I have--

Mighty Ukko +3+0+2+2+1+0+0+0+0+0+1+0+0+0+0+2

Ultimate Deathknight +1+0+1+0+0+0+2+1+0+3+1+0+2

----------------------

Arbiter +2+4+0

Ronda +4+3

Pythion +2+0

Who evades me--

Siphi the Lost Bride +3+2+4+4+3+0+0+2+4+2+2+4+0+1+2+3+0+0+4+4+0+4+0+4+0+2+4

Nekret the Great +0+4+4+1+0+2+2+0+0+0+4+0+0+0+0+0+1+4+0+4

Duchess Lilitu +2+4+0+0+4+4+4+2+4+0+0+4+0+3+0

Taras the Fierce +0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+4+0+0+0+4

Rotos the Lost Groom +4+4+4+0+1+3+4+4+0+1+2+2+4+4

Harima +1+0+1+0+4+0+0+0+0+0+1+0+0

Marichka the Unbreakabl +0+0+0+0+0+0+2+0+0+0

Yumeko +1+0+0+0+4+0+0+1+0+2

----------------------

Warlord +2+0+4+2+4+0+4

Prince Kymar +4+4+0+4+0+3+4

----------------------

Valkyrie +4+1+4+4

Leorius the Proud +4+2+0

Ursuga Warcaller +0+3+3

Goffred Brassclad +4+2

Mithrala Lifebane +0+0

Baron +4

Candraphon +4

Hephraak +4

Georgid the Breaker +3

Tormin the Cold +2

Warlord and Kymar aren't represented as much as I'd thought, being a lowbie,  so they are a middle-tier of representation.  Don't want to know how much cayshe was lost getting +4 Harima or +4 Taras in this short amount of time...

May 8, 2023, 21:0805/08/23
05/26/22

Uggg. Just played 5 games and the two that I was going to win I got the bad connection error and timed out. I fought one level 100 that blew up my entire team with UDK. Never seen that before and I wasn't under a ton of debuffs. Not sure what sort of crazy gear he had on him. 

May 8, 2023, 22:1205/08/23
May 8, 2023, 22:16(edited)
08/27/17

Live Arena sucks! Opponents always 100 till 200 scores better and what a suprise: a Loose. All these +1 till +4 should be separated from free2play players... Balance? Not existing! Iยดm glad Diablo4 is coming...

Oh an the best thing in the new great hall: Bronze and silver medals invest 1:1? Really?? wtf 

May 10, 2023, 15:4905/10/23
04/15/22

Strange.  Now that I'm entombed in the lowest depths of Silver I, all the Level100 accounts have vanished.

Mind you, I still lose to accounts with higher levels than me, and beat the accounts that are lower, but there's not as many "leave-before-ban-choice" matchups, so that's a step in the right direction.