All Categories

Live arena sucks

Live arena sucks

Search
Comments
May 17, 2023, 08:1105/17/23
10/23/15

Yup,the pure truth, a complete failure, there is no chance of progress beyond 1300 points because match making is worth nothing, in 30 fights I might get an approximate level of my opponent, but in 99 percent of cases they are 20 to 50 levels stronger than me, a complete failure, turn it off that's because it's worth nothing. 

May 17, 2023, 08:4905/17/23
10/23/15
0osik

For the last 3 or 4 days I've been stuck on the boundary of Silver I and Silver II.  While my teams in Silver I can beat most of the other teams I'm matched with, that mostly seem to be very level Silver I (& an occasional Bronze) i.e. FOOD.  However, when I cross into Silver II the majority of my Matches are Upper Silver II that I really don't have a chance against and I am the FOOD.  My average for the last few days has been 4 wins out of 10 Battles.  There's been a real loss of motivation with always endding up where I started every day.  I have no idea how to fix this mess, but they need to find a better way to match player.  Maybe they do want a stalemate.

Note for some strange reason I was in Beta, and I had a similar experience, but since I never got oout of Bronze I didn't fall backwards.  Near the end of Beta I just mostly faced the OP teams.

Well, I am very happy if I got 1 win out 30 fights, so you see how live arena sucks, A LOT.

May 17, 2023, 08:5105/17/23
02/28/22

I quite enjoyed it in the begining, now however I'm stuck around 1410 points, I get four (though I guess most folk do) types of battle

1.  Average team I will beat quite quickly

2.  Seriously strong - not even a hope with the champs they pick - must admit I usually bail 

3.  A 'I'm here not to lose team' - again I usually don't heve the champs to defeat these teams and whilst I can put out a team to survive I usually bail as I have better things to do with my time

4.  Evenly matched where it's touch and go who wins with some interesting twists - obviously the best and most interesting

Now - I use my ten a day because I don't like tokens going to waste and eventually I get the chests, I don't really enjoy it any more and I'm not alone in that, most in my clan have stopped using it, I have no suggestions, it's not going to improve as you will find a level you can't really progress from.  In classic/tag you know your opponents team, you can change yours to battle them, in live you'll get to the stage you select a champ they have a better/counter.  

Sorry I didn't intend to ramble on, to quote a phrase I hate 'it is what it is' 😃

May 17, 2023, 10:1905/17/23
11/19/22
Gnoyo

Yup,the pure truth, a complete failure, there is no chance of progress beyond 1300 points because match making is worth nothing, in 30 fights I might get an approximate level of my opponent, but in 99 percent of cases they are 20 to 50 levels stronger than me, a complete failure, turn it off that's because it's worth nothing. 

So you're only lvl 50, then?

May 17, 2023, 14:4905/17/23
11/19/22

Btw, I would recommend player level no longer be displayed in live arena - as we can see in this thread, it's just too demoralizing for many people to face someone many levels above them and stops them playing. 

May 17, 2023, 15:2605/17/23
May 17, 2023, 19:52(edited)
10/23/15
Fathertron

Btw, I would recommend player level no longer be displayed in live arena - as we can see in this thread, it's just too demoralizing for many people to face someone many levels above them and stops them playing. 

it's not too demoralizing ,it is the fact that match making is total failure,what anyone can do if you get opponent who have 20 golden,best of the best warriors,it is stupid,they have to make some groups in match making. I am free to play,and I need 1 year of constant playing to get 1 gold warrior to be something ,if I get any gold 1 at all, I spend who knows how many shards and I have only 2 gold thrue shards so.....and I am level 57, 2 gold from shards and 3 from daily login, only 5 golds in extreme playing time, I know,free to play,but live arena must have radical rebuild

May 19, 2023, 15:4705/19/23
05/26/22

I have to say that for mid game level players a really fast Ronda helps out a ton in live arena. I am finding that I run into quite a few teams that rely heavily on certian things to occur for their arena team to function well. With a really fast Rhonda I can effectively break those teams by banning a key champion on their team and then locking out another key champion right at the start of the battle. From there I can work my way around the team and pick off the other champions. 

It is a lot of fun. I get a lot of rage quits in the first two rounds. Of course if I run into a team where their whole design is to go first and blow me up before I get a chance to move this doesn't work. I need to develop a good counter for those teams. 

May 19, 2023, 16:0405/19/23
09/24/20
harleQuinn

Only about 20 champs are used in any serious way, you'll eventually get a feel for them.

forgot to mention the extra hour added to game play.

between the lag and obvious players on auto taking max time for options.

allready was spending 5 to 8 hours, just doing the busy work.

oh and 20 usefull champs, uh right.............................................

harleQuinnModerator
May 19, 2023, 19:0005/19/23
02/24/19
Unoo

forgot to mention the extra hour added to game play.

between the lag and obvious players on auto taking max time for options.

allready was spending 5 to 8 hours, just doing the busy work.

oh and 20 usefull champs, uh right.............................................

Is Live Arena taking you an hour? Sheesh, sorry to hear to that.

harleQuinnModerator
May 19, 2023, 19:0205/19/23
02/24/19
Shibb

I have to say that for mid game level players a really fast Ronda helps out a ton in live arena. I am finding that I run into quite a few teams that rely heavily on certian things to occur for their arena team to function well. With a really fast Rhonda I can effectively break those teams by banning a key champion on their team and then locking out another key champion right at the start of the battle. From there I can work my way around the team and pick off the other champions. 

It is a lot of fun. I get a lot of rage quits in the first two rounds. Of course if I run into a team where their whole design is to go first and blow me up before I get a chance to move this doesn't work. I need to develop a good counter for those teams. 

Love to see someone working on counters and viable strategies for their own accounts and the kind of opponents they are personally seeing.

I haven't used Ronda at all in Live. Maybe it's time to give her a try to help against Marichka especially.

May 20, 2023, 01:0605/20/23
01/04/21
Shibb

I wouldn't say rage quits.  When you know your team and the opponents team you can work out if it's worth the time.  I have dropped it to auto a couple of times just to watch what some of the champions I don't have do (most of the ones I face) and see how people use them.

Some I play and watch what people do and there are some where they do something that my champions can work around.

For example with my bomb champ I try and time it for after they have done a cleanse or if I can time it to hit one that will take a turn before the cleanse.

May 20, 2023, 01:1205/20/23
01/04/21
Smerf

Live arena sucks because - just like 3v3 arena - it is purely based on the best speed gear and nothing else.  Such a dumb mechanic to have speed basically the only thing that matters - regardless of the champs.

Yes and no.

I run a speed based team because I sort of have to with my current roster and it's not like you can switch out kit.  Coming up against plenty of teams with 3 - 4 champs running stone skin.  Usually it's a couple of revivers with high resistance in stone skin and nukers.

But yes I always pretty much have to take out the speed lead so the nukers don't open up on me before I get a turn.

Theoretically I could regear my team and build a go second with what I have but if I did then it affects how they run in the rest of the game content.  Live Arena isn't worth pulling these out of the rest of the content.

May 20, 2023, 01:2005/20/23
May 20, 2023, 01:21(edited)
01/04/21

At the end of the day Live Arena is something the player base wanted just execution is sort of the issue.

So how would it be fixed?  A big chunk of what you get is a lot of RNG and random.  In pretty much every match I'm always up against players with higher PP then me and often half are usually 100's where I am 94.  Even with that I come up against lower levels running the OP champs we all want and don't have.

Would a solution be to put up a larger number of champs say 10 ban say 2 or 3 of them at the end and then pick a team to run out of the rest.  Then you get a bit of a look at each others roster and can change your team around so going in it could be different.  In ways you are sort of committed after the first 2 you put in and your either building a go first or go second team.

May 20, 2023, 02:2405/20/23
May 20, 2023, 02:41(edited)
10/23/15

The only solution is to make groups of equally strong/weak players, mixing them all together makes no sense at all. I already wrote that I only have 5 gold ones, of course they are not the best, nor can I equip them as free to play and build up them in a short time, my chances for progress, and I believe many others in the live arena at this moment, are zero. And constantly being food for someone who is already too strong...sucks a lot. 

And it is clear that free to play are meant to be food, but to give us at least a little will, in this way, I'm afraid, the live arena will be left without most of us who are meant to be food. 

May 20, 2023, 12:5405/20/23
May 20, 2023, 12:54(edited)
01/04/21
Gnoyo

The only solution is to make groups of equally strong/weak players, mixing them all together makes no sense at all. I already wrote that I only have 5 gold ones, of course they are not the best, nor can I equip them as free to play and build up them in a short time, my chances for progress, and I believe many others in the live arena at this moment, are zero. And constantly being food for someone who is already too strong...sucks a lot. 

And it is clear that free to play are meant to be food, but to give us at least a little will, in this way, I'm afraid, the live arena will be left without most of us who are meant to be food. 

Don't get me wrong I spend a lot of time being food and It's frustrating.  However while they say it isn't important there is PVE progression and with the opening of hard dungeons, getting better stone skin to compete, etc, unfortunately it will be an evil that will need to happen.  You may just have to bite the bullet and quit out when you see the point you have no hope.  Who knows at times you might luck out because people get to complacent.  I have a few times.

May 21, 2023, 22:5505/21/23
10/17/22

I'm level 63 and will play any opponent up to level 80, I find anything above that a real struggle with my average rosta. It really is one step forward and 2 back at times but I'm progressing at a snails pace mainly because of the high number of level 100 players i face.I

It's a challenge but it would be boring if it was easy.

May 21, 2023, 23:2205/21/23
May 21, 2023, 23:23(edited)
03/05/19

soo ppl still dont understand that plyrs lvl has nothin with either matchup or anything...

its all about in tier where u stand from there u get enemies...

matchmaking so far so good... 

i just float in silver 1 and never gain enemy above silver 2...

enemies between silver 1 -2 if u r silver 1... and thats oke...

i

why i float, 

cuz plarium doesnt do a single fck about this stupid rule where plyrs can pick tons of same chemps...

good for all those whales who got all but still cant make to gold so in silver they can farm esy wins...

i am asking what use of ban phase if enemy forces me to ban his dupe???... 

make rule only one kind of chemp allowed!!!!!!!!

these deploys u just can't avoid:

i

either x2 duchess, x2 spd, x2 dmgrs, x2 supports... lol

plarium FIX this !!!

dthorne04Moderator
May 22, 2023, 00:4905/22/23
May 22, 2023, 00:58(edited)
12/30/20
𝐭𝐡.𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊™

soo ppl still dont understand that plyrs lvl has nothin with either matchup or anything...

its all about in tier where u stand from there u get enemies...

matchmaking so far so good... 

i just float in silver 1 and never gain enemy above silver 2...

enemies between silver 1 -2 if u r silver 1... and thats oke...

i

why i float, 

cuz plarium doesnt do a single fck about this stupid rule where plyrs can pick tons of same chemps...

good for all those whales who got all but still cant make to gold so in silver they can farm esy wins...

i am asking what use of ban phase if enemy forces me to ban his dupe???... 

make rule only one kind of chemp allowed!!!!!!!!

these deploys u just can't avoid:

i

either x2 duchess, x2 spd, x2 dmgrs, x2 supports... lol

plarium FIX this !!!

ban UDK if you want to be quick, use single target nukes (you have taras lol) on Pythion, pick off Mortus strategically and you win?

i'm about 300 fights deep and I think the amount of times I've seen dupes - let alone impactful ones - has gotta be in the single digits

May 22, 2023, 05:0105/22/23
May 22, 2023, 05:02(edited)
03/05/19
dthorne04

ban UDK if you want to be quick, use single target nukes (you have taras lol) on Pythion, pick off Mortus strategically and you win?

i'm about 300 fights deep and I think the amount of times I've seen dupes - let alone impactful ones - has gotta be in the single digits

yes, i am trying, 

but similar deploy like this (where they put two same chemps) are plenty...

most of all when i see x2 duchess i just quit battle... 

my big prob i only got taras if he got banned i dont have replacemant... 

generally with this rule putting two same kinda chemps,

ban phase becomes useless, doesnt help...

only helps for big whales to play with us who struggle hard...

in other games u can't use two same kinda chemps... 

first time ever that i've see this from plarium....

to be honest even if i have dupes its no fun battle with same chemps...

difference is whats make battles fun.. not this exploit from plarium...

May 22, 2023, 12:0905/22/23
05/26/22
ozkfid

I wouldn't say rage quits.  When you know your team and the opponents team you can work out if it's worth the time.  I have dropped it to auto a couple of times just to watch what some of the champions I don't have do (most of the ones I face) and see how people use them.

Some I play and watch what people do and there are some where they do something that my champions can work around.

For example with my bomb champ I try and time it for after they have done a cleanse or if I can time it to hit one that will take a turn before the cleanse.

That's fair. I agree it isn't a rage quit. I do the same. If it is obvious that I am going to lose I often drop. Heck if I get matched up with a level 100 and I see their team I will often drop before the match begins.