All Categories

Live arena sucks

Live arena sucks

Search
Comments
Jun 6, 2023, 14:3106/06/23
05/26/22
sharkium

I think majority has already or will eventually hit a brick wall, wont beat anyone, and maybe even give up at that point. Losing is totally ok for many but the straw that breaks the camels back will be people who wont choose their champs in 1 minute. I know its going all broken record with the 1 minute timer but we all know its way too long, in 1 minute both sides should have their champs chosen, i mean lets be realistic here, if you think 1 minute is short try holding your breath or planking.

I don't know how you would get to a point that you will not beat anyone. 

Jun 6, 2023, 14:3606/06/23
12/18/19
Shibb

I don't know how you would get to a point that you will not beat anyone. 

With current system if you constantly fight you get higher and higher in rankings, eventually you will meet high end meta teams, now the problem is that you will slowly crawl until that point, but thats where your journey ends. I might be wrong but logical thinking suggests im right.

Jun 7, 2023, 07:5906/07/23
01/04/21
sharkium

With current system if you constantly fight you get higher and higher in rankings, eventually you will meet high end meta teams, now the problem is that you will slowly crawl until that point, but thats where your journey ends. I might be wrong but logical thinking suggests im right.

It will be like Tag Team Arena for some

High enough not to drop but low enough not to win.

Jun 7, 2023, 08:1106/07/23
Jun 7, 2023, 08:19(edited)
01/04/21

They really need to do something about people running out the clock on their turns

I have a clown running the clock down because they can't win.  They are letting run down and then turning the auto off.

Jun 7, 2023, 08:1806/07/23
02/28/22

When it first came in I did enjoy it, now I generally don't bother, a lot of opponents bail before all the picks are made, I bail if it's an obvious whale with their +4 void legos, the battles that are left are rarely fun with one team being superior, evenly matched 'fun' battles are rare

I think the obvious problem is that unlike classic or tag you have to play to move up or down, you can't stick in a team to move down levels,  you will eventually reach a ceiling where you won't win matches but you'll be pretty much stuck there, you'll lose a few, move down (slightly) win one move back up and that's going to be your live arena existance

Jun 7, 2023, 12:3906/07/23
Jun 7, 2023, 12:40(edited)
05/26/22
sharkium

Other players should be in your same predicament so you should run up against them so there should never be a time when you cannot win. 

I have found a way to regularly defeat teams that are far above mine that I would have no chance against with a traditional PvP team. I go full defense with multipe rezzers. The ban is what makes this possible. Just make sure you are a little tricky on how you pick your team. Start with UDK because most teams run UKD and then pick a defensive player that doesn't hint at what you are doing such as Drex then fill your last slots with people that can resurect your team and/or place immunity buffs. 

The other player will figure this out at some point and throw in a champion with bombs but it is usually too late for them to put in two heros that can counter a high defense team. Then just ban the one champion that they have that can counter your team. 

Most high level players don't want to waste the time. They will go maybe 10 minutes and leave. They can win easier fights in less than a minute. In some instances I surprise myself and am able to defeat their team outright. Thanks to some advice I am going to put some destroy gear on my team and the  so that this tactic becomes far more effective. 

Jun 7, 2023, 13:2706/07/23
12/18/19

Ok but then even with 50/50 chance to win we should all end up in gold 4 at one point, and i mean all of us, or am i missing something?

If it isnt all of us in gold 4 then it means some players will start losing heavily, combine that with time delay trolls and people get really disheartened and just straight out stop joining at one point, atleast i see an outcome like that, again, might be wrong

Jun 7, 2023, 14:2406/07/23
02/28/22
Shibb

Other players should be in your same predicament so you should run up against them so there should never be a time when you cannot win. 

I have found a way to regularly defeat teams that are far above mine that I would have no chance against with a traditional PvP team. I go full defense with multipe rezzers. The ban is what makes this possible. Just make sure you are a little tricky on how you pick your team. Start with UDK because most teams run UKD and then pick a defensive player that doesn't hint at what you are doing such as Drex then fill your last slots with people that can resurect your team and/or place immunity buffs. 

The other player will figure this out at some point and throw in a champion with bombs but it is usually too late for them to put in two heros that can counter a high defense team. Then just ban the one champion that they have that can counter your team. 

Most high level players don't want to waste the time. They will go maybe 10 minutes and leave. They can win easier fights in less than a minute. In some instances I surprise myself and am able to defeat their team outright. Thanks to some advice I am going to put some destroy gear on my team and the  so that this tactic becomes far more effective. 

where's the enjoyment in that?

Jun 7, 2023, 15:1706/07/23
Jun 7, 2023, 15:26(edited)
05/26/22
Ratted

where's the enjoyment in that?

In evenly matched games I play a completely different tactic. With a level 100 there is more enjoyment in that then watching my team get blown up and toyed with by the other person. 

BTW with this tactic you do not have to worry about the speed game. Don't bother with trying to win or banning their speed buffer. Ursala with stoneskin is a wonderful thing. 

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 7, 2023, 17:2906/07/23
02/24/19
Shibb

Lol. Love it.

Winning in the Selection Phase is a legit strategy. Awesome to see people making it work at multiple levels. 

I am at the point where I always put in champs that could theoretically have a chance against Taras/Marichka since people love to put them in as their "Last Pick Surprise Picks" after I have no chance to counterpick,

Jun 7, 2023, 19:2906/07/23
04/05/23

My biggest problem with teams is that most players have an advantage over players like me that's new to the game. When your out-ranked and out-leveled with an overall power of around 750k and see players use champs like UDK with Ninja and/or UDK/Aleksandr hit the table you know your screwed!! This is something that will take more than a little time to solve.  Champions that are unavailable in the game atm shouldn't be allowed to be in rank. Those champs were made for PVE way before the thought of Live Arena. I think they should at least consider restricting champs like these to be used in the gold tier only or sliver three and up.

Jun 10, 2023, 00:4906/10/23
04/05/23

This game has the worst PVP in the world. The matchmaking sucks and doesn't have any logic applied to matches besides whale vs minnow bait. The only game I've seen that lets players use op cards/op champs that are not available to everyone.  If they fix matchmaking and ban op cards that Plarium simply refuses to give current members a chance to get then they may have a chance to make it fun for everyone. 

Jun 10, 2023, 02:1706/10/23
Jun 10, 2023, 02:17(edited)
01/04/21
fillerspots

My biggest problem with teams is that most players have an advantage over players like me that's new to the game. When your out-ranked and out-leveled with an overall power of around 750k and see players use champs like UDK with Ninja and/or UDK/Aleksandr hit the table you know your screwed!! This is something that will take more than a little time to solve.  Champions that are unavailable in the game atm shouldn't be allowed to be in rank. Those champs were made for PVE way before the thought of Live Arena. I think they should at least consider restricting champs like these to be used in the gold tier only or sliver three and up.

Not having champs you can't get at all and not allowing them in isn't the solution.

I don't have Siphi, Rotos, Taras, Marichka, Lyssandra, Ragash, Leorius, Kymar, Hephraak, Duchess, Foli, Georqid, Kimi,  Tormin, etc of which I see plenty of and that's just the legendary.

However I agree the matchups suck and the battles I usually lose are the 100's with twice the player power. I'm at a 54% win rate and I have no problem losing to a good balanced match and I think the "run the clock" and stack with champs that take forever to kill so people give up and leave is a stupid idea.  

I work for a living so don't have all day to jump into multiple Live Arena matches, when they are scheduled, and leave my device running for potentially 10+ mins a battle for 10 battles. Raid has a ton of other content that burns tons of time so lets add more stuff to burn yet more time.  To be honest if it wasn't that there are things like RSL helper and I can run this in a window on my PC while I do other things I would have quit this game a long time ago.

Jun 10, 2023, 20:5906/10/23
04/05/23
ozkfid

Not having champs you can't get at all and not allowing them in isn't the solution.

I don't have Siphi, Rotos, Taras, Marichka, Lyssandra, Ragash, Leorius, Kymar, Hephraak, Duchess, Foli, Georqid, Kimi,  Tormin, etc of which I see plenty of and that's just the legendary.

However I agree the matchups suck and the battles I usually lose are the 100's with twice the player power. I'm at a 54% win rate and I have no problem losing to a good balanced match and I think the "run the clock" and stack with champs that take forever to kill so people give up and leave is a stupid idea.  

I work for a living so don't have all day to jump into multiple Live Arena matches, when they are scheduled, and leave my device running for potentially 10+ mins a battle for 10 battles. Raid has a ton of other content that burns tons of time so lets add more stuff to burn yet more time.  To be honest if it wasn't that there are things like RSL helper and I can run this in a window on my PC while I do other things I would have quit this game a long time ago.

It's not about not having a certain champ. It's about the availability and the champs you mention I think all but two of them you have a chance of pulling from shards or earning them from Mission and/or doom tower. I may not be high enough power or level to farm doom tower or do a Missions to get a certain champ but at least they are available for me to get and use in PVP.  

Jun 10, 2023, 21:1706/10/23
12/19/19

If you are a new player, you aren't ready for this content.

If you are not good at this game yet, you aren't ready... and

If you are new and suck at it, finish the 9,999 areas you haven't conquered yet and try again.

Or at least some.  THIS IS DESIGNED FOR ENDGAME, it is not classic arena.... smh at n00bs surprised at this.

Jun 10, 2023, 22:4606/10/23
Jun 10, 2023, 23:17(edited)
04/05/23
Trips

If you are a new player, you aren't ready for this content.

If you are not good at this game yet, you aren't ready... and

If you are new and suck at it, finish the 9,999 areas you haven't conquered yet and try again.

Or at least some.  THIS IS DESIGNED FOR ENDGAME, it is not classic arena.... smh at n00bs surprised at this.

First off I'm not a newbie, second thing this conversation was about available of some champs not winning or losing if you would have stopped and taken time to read the posting instead of acting like you already knew what it was about.

Have a nice!!!! 

dthorne04Moderator
Jun 10, 2023, 22:4706/10/23
12/30/20
fillerspots

First off I'm not a newbie, second thing this conversation was about available of some champs not winning or losing if you would have stopped and taken time to read the posting instead of acting like you already knew what it was about.

Have a nice!!!! 

Let's not with the insults. 

Jun 10, 2023, 23:1706/10/23
12/19/19
dthorne04

I wear the king dhead crown proudly. Not insulted at all 😀

Jun 10, 2023, 23:1906/10/23
04/05/23
dthorne04

Sorry, I edit my posting to make it more friendly. He just rubs me the wrong way with his know-all attitude.

Jun 10, 2023, 23:2306/10/23
04/05/23
Trips

I wear the king dhead crown proudly. Not insulted at all 😀

Still, it was uncalled for being that we just meet.  Maybe once I get to know you better maybe I could get away with it but until then my apology to you sir.