All Categories

Live arena sucks

Live arena sucks

Search
Comments
May 22, 2023, 12:3005/22/23
11/16/20

Live arena should be nothing more than a ladder. They did the same thing with classic, playing around with match making algorithms.

If raid is trying to be taken serious with PvP they need to stop playing around with algorithms and match you +/-50 points of your current standings. Until then then PvP in this game will always be a joke.

May 22, 2023, 13:3105/22/23
Shibb

That's fair. I agree it isn't a rage quit. I do the same. If it is obvious that I am going to lose I often drop. Heck if I get matched up with a level 100 and I see their team I will often drop before the match begins. 

i

May 22, 2023, 13:3205/22/23
10/08/17
Shibb

That's fair. I agree it isn't a rage quit. I do the same. If it is obvious that I am going to lose I often drop. Heck if I get matched up with a level 100 and I see their team I will often drop before the match begins. 

I let it play out . Just yesterday I was  on the ropes (so to speak) . They had the fight after several rounds

My last nuker stood  by himself........then BAM! wiped the enemy team  out to my surprise

I laughed  in amazement and chuckled that the other  live opponent was  likely raging at me :P

May 22, 2023, 18:4505/22/23
12/19/19
evilized6666

Live arena should be nothing more than a ladder. They did the same thing with classic, playing around with match making algorithms.

If raid is trying to be taken serious with PvP they need to stop playing around with algorithms and match you +/-50 points of your current standings. Until then then PvP in this game will always be a joke.

Isn't that basically what it is?  With broader than +/- 50 because nobody is playing... otherwise seems to be a ladder WAI.

May 22, 2023, 21:1705/22/23
09/03/22

livearena has a big problem, it does not consider playerlevel or power it seems. Im silver 1 and mosttimes get opponents 90+, many 100, feels like playing d&d lev 10 team against lev30.

classicarena im gold 3-4, no problem, many fair fights, some easy, some hard, sure there also that godmode, but i can see it, never would engage a team 400k with my team 160k, but in live arena such a choosing is missing, i often got that 400k with no chance what is no fun because its not a fight only a slaughter.

Other games have there a better solution for pvp, also look at playerpower, so the algorythm should include playerlevel and power, perhaps also affect rewards- points- a overpowered team should win much fewer points then  a underdog team, same like in rpg

May 22, 2023, 22:1605/22/23
May 22, 2023, 22:20(edited)
02/08/18

I m happy with Arena. I won!  after 20 minutes 27 seconds (I knew that I would win and I was very determined to win!) :-

https://i.gyazo.com/6eddd59c656ac60e0f772e89af829711.jpg

however I was shocked at the commencement of Live arena, that Seasons were not instituted. Failing that, alternatively closure of the server and reopening a new Live arena server may be an option. I mean other games have seasons, using unique season only currency. Which may be converted into other currencies or new currency or converted to silver/ gold  etc perhaps. I mean in a ladder system, like in games like chess with a fide ranking system, people end up playing the same people over and over again, if they are at the same ranking.

May 23, 2023, 01:0905/23/23
11/16/20
Trips

Isn't that basically what it is?  With broader than +/- 50 because nobody is playing... otherwise seems to be a ladder WAI.

It's def not just a straight ladder system. Also we are just about at the two month mark of it going live and have 14 people in the world in gold one.

They made progress and match making so slow and bad that I can only imagine how low participation is.

Im a daily player, hit cbs, daily&advanced quest, iron twins every single day. Hydra every week. I don't bother with live arena every day. It is painfully slow, there is no reason pick and bans can get drawn out for 5 minutes before the fight even starts. I've been stuck in a few 30 min fights. I've been riding between bottom s2 and s1 for a couple weeks. When I do play now I use the same 5 picks and win or lose in 30 seconds and do not care. I just want to get it over with because for me it is a very unenjoyable experience. Wallets shine more than anything and I can't imagine not having at least 5 meta pics and playing this mode.

Often you will fight teams 250+ points higher, and then after losing steak you face some poor player 300 points under you.

They need to decrease the time by 90% below g2. They need to add a stacking increase damage taken/dealt buff every 5 min. They need to stop playing algorithm games and run teams at close ratings vs each other. They need to remove any kind of tokens to fight for a few months to get the tiers populated.

Rant out.

May 24, 2023, 07:4305/24/23
May 24, 2023, 07:43(edited)
01/04/21

I am sick to death of stone skin.

You have no idea that they are going in with 3 - 4 champs equiped with the stuff

May 24, 2023, 11:4505/24/23
03/02/20

I'm still not going to waste my time with Live Arena. I haven't played it since I got to Silver and realized I was losing points. Now they reduced the points you lose? How about you don't lose points at all, restore all points players lost, change it from wins to participate in matches to get the chest. What a joke! It's going to take a lot more than that to get me back into Live Arena. Still garbage.

May 24, 2023, 12:1105/24/23
11/16/20

i

I enjoy the straight up trolling that goes on wasting people's time.

May 24, 2023, 14:3205/24/23
09/14/19

What a farce! Come on, Plarium... your data-mining/analysing is better than this.

Live Arena Match-ups a total joke. At least introduce a Level-difference cap; i.e. opponents can only be a maximum of +/- 3 Lvls of one another.

All my match-ups have been with players more than 20 Lvls higher than me. Especially at higher levels a single level represents a massive difference in Player Champion Pool, Resources, etc.!

Just one of all of my opponents Champs could solo my best entire teams. You may as well say:

"This area is only for End-Gamers, Platinum Arena Players and smashers of Nightmare Hydra only"! 

No joy in this part of the game, and it's very time-consuming. So disappointing... 

May 24, 2023, 14:3705/24/23
09/14/19

Since Live Arena Launch (LAL: or "Laugh-A-Lot or you'll cry", as it's now known!) there has been a lot of, "Give it a few days..." and "It'll sort itself out in a few weeks..." on this Forum and elsewhere. Well...

I have given it time and played every single day using all tokens - and getting more with gems - to make my data sample large enough to be well on-the-way towards becoming statistically viable.

It has not only, not improved, it's actually worse! Whilst progress was initially satisfying with 70-80% win-rates; as soon as I hit "Silver I" I stopped winning any battles ever (well about 5-8%; so, as 'near as damn-it!' to zero, as makes no difference).

My Lvl 72 Acct is pitted almost exclusively against Lvls 92-100. I just get slaughtered every time; any semblance of a scintilla of an iota of the vaguest hint of something even slightly resembling enjoyment is irrevocably sucked from the game (or at least this element of it). As a player since the Dawn of RSL, I do know the difference between "Go-Second Teams", "Poison Exploders" other "Meta" combinations, etc.; so, there's no need for those patronising responses defending the gross mismatched match-ups.

I would actually prefer to be a Tier-or-two lower and win approx 50% of battles, and enjoy playing (this is a game after all) rather than just "bring a knife to a gun-fight" and get ritually sacrificed in a battle so one-sided as to be laughable. Still so disappointed... 

May 24, 2023, 14:4205/24/23
09/14/19

WOW!!! So, does Plarium even listen to their Customer/Fan base? Or, even if they do, do they then deliberately ignore/do-the-opposite of what they'd like?

Yet another update, in a fortnight of more updates than I can count, and the latest QoL update to Live Arena results in me  - Level 72 - being matched to  Lvl 100, 100, 83, 100, 92, 100!!! What the actual ****!!!

I despair. :(  

And to everyone quoting CC's like HellHades, etc. smashing Lvl 100s with their Lvl 60+ teams, etc.

A: We have to generalise a bit, usually a Lvl 70 won't beat a Lvl 100.

B: CCs have completely Gold Filled Great Halls and Fully-filled Faction Guardians. This gives them massive boosts across all content in the game. Also, their Server Accounts have all Mostly 6-star (and some 5) Legendary & Epic gear to select from. Not representative of new to mid-gamers. 

C: Imagine if a new player's first Campaign Battle was Nightmare, any Dungeon any Level, nevermind 12-3; they'd never play the game after their first 5-minutes.

May 24, 2023, 14:4905/24/23
12/18/19

Straight out losing to someone or winning, doesnt matter to me aslong as its not a stalemate which sadly does happen, im more annoyed about people clicking join and then going afk so to speak, and it takes couple minutes to get their champs chosen.

The people click join and then just i dont know, put the phone back in their pocket or something? If champ isnt chosen in a minute they should be forfeited, i mean its live arena not afk arena or am i missing something completely.

May 24, 2023, 15:2805/24/23
12/19/19
sharkium

Straight out losing to someone or winning, doesnt matter to me aslong as its not a stalemate which sadly does happen, im more annoyed about people clicking join and then going afk so to speak, and it takes couple minutes to get their champs chosen.

The people click join and then just i dont know, put the phone back in their pocket or something? If champ isnt chosen in a minute they should be forfeited, i mean its live arena not afk arena or am i missing something completely.

After 2 timeouts, should be set to auto.  After 3 or 4, should be forced quit.

May 24, 2023, 16:2005/24/23
06/05/22

I absolutely agree that matchmaking takes too long. Everything takes too long. Choosing champs should be a 2 min clock TOTAL, spend the time however you want. But if it runs out you forfeit.

If it was deeply strategic I wouldn't mind, but for the moment I'm ending up with roughly the same team every time. The ban system is anti-strategic. Not being able to make any pick after bans means that teams need redundancy. That constrains the set of viable strategies a lot.

harleQuinnModerator
May 24, 2023, 16:4505/24/23
02/24/19
Trips

After 2 timeouts, should be set to auto.  After 3 or 4, should be forced quit.

I'll pass this along. Thanks. 🙏

harleQuinnModerator
May 24, 2023, 16:4605/24/23
02/24/19
Urlibu FTP

I absolutely agree that matchmaking takes too long. Everything takes too long. Choosing champs should be a 2 min clock TOTAL, spend the time however you want. But if it runs out you forfeit.

If it was deeply strategic I wouldn't mind, but for the moment I'm ending up with roughly the same team every time. The ban system is anti-strategic. Not being able to make any pick after bans means that teams need redundancy. That constrains the set of viable strategies a lot.

The no pick after ban is something I'm seeing feedback on too. I'll pass it on.

May 26, 2023, 08:3705/26/23
01/04/21
BLOOD Maelstrom

What a farce! Come on, Plarium... your data-mining/analysing is better than this.

Live Arena Match-ups a total joke. At least introduce a Level-difference cap; i.e. opponents can only be a maximum of +/- 3 Lvls of one another.

All my match-ups have been with players more than 20 Lvls higher than me. Especially at higher levels a single level represents a massive difference in Player Champion Pool, Resources, etc.!

Just one of all of my opponents Champs could solo my best entire teams. You may as well say:

"This area is only for End-Gamers, Platinum Arena Players and smashers of Nightmare Hydra only"! 

No joy in this part of the game, and it's very time-consuming. So disappointing... 

PP can also play into it.  

Problem can also be with who you pull with shards.  I've been up against people with lvls in the 80's who have the dream, teams of champs and with dupes. 

May 27, 2023, 20:5705/27/23
10/17/22

The Match ups are more diabolical since the fix.