All Categories

Arena Changes (From Digest)

Arena Changes (From Digest)

Search
Comments
Apr 9, 2022, 17:5004/09/22
03/30/21
bh2875

Silver defense is still broken. I'm being attacked by accounts with 50% more power than I have and losing way more points than I gain in offense. Offense is easier, but only because I'm stronger than everyone on the list. Seems like they focused on fixing offense matchmaking without thinking how it Impacts the defenders.

You will only get five losses registered so if you can get 10-15 wins you will end up ahead of the game.

I got up to 3.3k (g5) on the one man defences that suddenly have started popping up, but clan mates say G1-G3 are still full of stacked teams and no-one has put in 1 man defences in those tiers.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 9, 2022, 17:5204/09/22
Apr 9, 2022, 17:53(edited)
02/24/19
BenHuyAmon

You will only get five losses registered so if you can get 10-15 wins you will end up ahead of the game.

I got up to 3.3k (g5) on the one man defences that suddenly have started popping up, but clan mates say G1-G3 are still full of stacked teams and no-one has put in 1 man defences in those tiers.

Yep. And I really think it's just a matter of a couple more days, a week or so.

It took a couple months of G5 changes to trickle through the entire Arena, I suspect it wil take a couple weeks for everything to fully settle out.

Apr 9, 2022, 18:0304/09/22
06/25/20

I very much doubt this new change is going to be permanent, though. My guess is Plarium rushed in a fix to placate people while they try to come up with something more long-term. We'll see, I suppose.

Apr 9, 2022, 19:3304/09/22
Apr 9, 2022, 19:34(edited)
03/05/19

@BenHuyAmon said:

I have put a one man defence in to help people and others seem to be doing the same, i am up to 3.1k now
The more people that put in 1 man defences the easier farming will be (although there is a risk they will tweak as a reaction to that i guess)

🔔 Appeal to everyone lets help each other n deploy only 1 champ in defense... 

Apr 9, 2022, 20:0904/09/22
07/20/21
BenHuyAmon

I'm not seeing that in Silver 3... I'm showing 8 losses with actual point losses over the last 4.5 hours in the battle log. Are you saying that I'm not actually losing these points? Do I need to start tracking my standing outside the game to verify, because my actual point total seems low if I'm only being docked for 5 of those 8 defensive losses.

Apr 9, 2022, 20:2404/09/22
03/30/21
bh2875

I'm not seeing that in Silver 3... I'm showing 8 losses with actual point losses over the last 4.5 hours in the battle log. Are you saying that I'm not actually losing these points? Do I need to start tracking my standing outside the game to verify, because my actual point total seems low if I'm only being docked for 5 of those 8 defensive losses.

It may be different in silver, i am afraid i dont have any clan mates in silver to ask sorry

Apr 9, 2022, 20:3004/09/22
07/20/21
BenHuyAmon

It may be different in silver, i am afraid i dont have any clan mates in silver to ask sorry

Yeah, that's what I'm guessing. They've still got silver screwed up (meaning those of us in Silver still can't get to gold). I'm at about 800k account power. My defense is consistently losing to accounts with 1.0 to 1.4 Million power. My attacks are coming up with battles against people with 600k to 900k account power (not team power). I only attack the teams I can beat, so my offense beats up on weaker defenses, causing them to lose points to a more powerful account. My defense loses points to accounts that I would never in a million years consider attacking (unless they had a single defender).

It seems like the offensive match making in silver is giving me more battles I can win, but my defense is getting beat more because I'm being given as a defender to more powerful teams more often. This results in a net loss for the day unless I spend the whole day playing arena.

Apr 9, 2022, 20:3404/09/22
03/30/21
bh2875

Yeah, that's what I'm guessing. They've still got silver screwed up (meaning those of us in Silver still can't get to gold). I'm at about 800k account power. My defense is consistently losing to accounts with 1.0 to 1.4 Million power. My attacks are coming up with battles against people with 600k to 900k account power (not team power). I only attack the teams I can beat, so my offense beats up on weaker defenses, causing them to lose points to a more powerful account. My defense loses points to accounts that I would never in a million years consider attacking (unless they had a single defender).

It seems like the offensive match making in silver is giving me more battles I can win, but my defense is getting beat more because I'm being given as a defender to more powerful teams more often. This results in a net loss for the day unless I spend the whole day playing arena.

Once the stronger teams in G1 climb to G2 and beyond the teams in S4 should climb and so on

In short i think if they leave this running longer than a week or so, it will get easier for everyone- i dont know why they didnt limit losses in silver though

Apr 9, 2022, 20:5104/09/22
07/20/21
BenHuyAmon

Once the stronger teams in G1 climb to G2 and beyond the teams in S4 should climb and so on

In short i think if they leave this running longer than a week or so, it will get easier for everyone- i dont know why they didnt limit losses in silver though

Not sure why they would limit losses in Gold but not Silver either, but it's definitely not limited in Silver (either on purpose or on accident). I set my defense to 1 champion to see if my rating would go down with more losses. Took 3 more losses and dropped 23 points in less than a half hour, which is what the battle log shows I should be losing too. It's not just taking the 5 worst losses for the day, I'm definitely getting hit for every loss.

I suspect they thought they'd fix Bronze and Silver just by giving everyone easier offensive fights to win and didn't think about the impact that would have on the fights they are on defense for.

Sure the fix they put in might work it's way down from Gold to Silver over the next couple of weeks, but the pain right now (it's much worse today than it was last Monday) might drive some people away before the trickle down happens.

Apr 9, 2022, 21:3604/09/22

The most important thing i think, remove the cruising inactive teams from PvP and 3v3 (its more important because percentage limits at leauges)

I dont understand Plarium why didnt remove them and went to an inactive pool these teams.

Why happening after months with this teams which fallen from g4 leagues? Mostly have over 340-350 speed arbiter teams or stronger compositions than new players, and every reset put them down to starting leagues positions.   In the beginning this is not a big problem because ,  this team meet enough strong opponents to beat them, but at the lower leagues such as silver  they just start to cruise. The new players didnt have enough power to beat their defenses and block their progress.

The player power also a wrong approach for opponent draws. Whats this game about ??

Collecting heroes, isnt ? But someone playing with years ago and dont pulled an arena god.

Someone pulled Krisk,Warlord,Thormin,Rotos,Siphi,Prince Kymar,Lilitu,Valkyrie,Nekhret,Lyssandra,Hegemon,Leo,Trunda etc (Just i say i have 1 from this champs after almost 3 years Raid gaming)

Some one pull Pixinel, Nobel etc or better champs but which not good at arena. Plarium create new and new heroes, sometime i just asking myself, why i train heroes, why i collect heroes, why i buy slot for heroes to put to champion vault, put to faction guard, if i gain drawback at pvp ???

450-550k opponent teams with +4 rotos siphi etc at gold 3? Win against this teams without arena gods is imposible. So i made i choice i dont want to too much pay for Plarium to upgrades, because disadvantages. And this will the trend i think, if they wont changes their business strategy. 

Apr 10, 2022, 07:3904/10/22
09/29/16

I see no changes in arena (gold 1 / 2). I need wins because of the stupid GH mission. As it is now my granson will get Ramantu...

This is a joke, really

Apr 10, 2022, 13:2904/10/22
07/17/20

The Classic arena, as it stands today (10th) is pointless for me to even try and play in. I am in Silver 3 and I can go all day, checking every 15 mins and be lucky enough to find enough teams I can try and beat to keep from dropping into Silver 2.

The issue I have is the fact you use Account power to decide who I fight again.

I have been playing for around 100 days now and have only 1 Legendary (Sethalia) but my account has a lot of Rares and some Epics. (I am a low spender but have bought stuff, I just do not get any good champs).

Due to the amount of Rares I have, so I can play faction wars, my account power is 900K+

Arena for me is nothing but lists of people with maxed out 4 Legendary teams or the best Epics and gear.

I am stuck on the Mission line on the quest to get Gold 1, even though I can put together teams to do a lot of Normal Doom Tower, Dungeons up to Stage 15s, Faction Wars up to the second boss and can 4 Key Brutal Clan Boss.

I concider where I am in the game at the moment to be the correct place for an account this old and as a low spender. The only part of the whole game that is broken for me is Arena due to the stupid Account Power system. Even account age would be better or you need to rework champion power so that uncommons and rares do not have such an impact.

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 11, 2022, 02:3704/11/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

Here's a link to the thread on Reddit where they talk about it, @evilized6666, if you or anyone else would like to check it out for yourselves rather than take my word for it: https://www.reddit.com/r/RaidShadowLegends/comments/tzaio1/no_your_arena_def_is_not_that_good_its_plariums/

Also, 200 players in Plat this morning. I think we will have a full arena at reset at this rate.

As of a few hours ago (didn't get a chance to check earlier, unfortunately) Plat was completely repopulated back to 500. 

Apr 11, 2022, 11:1704/11/22
01/20/20

It is obvious that the arena needs to be improved But try to add more speed on the rest of your team, dont  focus only on your speedTuner/ The one that increase speed.

Try to do that... a lot of arena battles i just lose because my nuker does have enough speed.

It is obvious that the arena needs to be improved...

Apr 11, 2022, 11:4304/11/22
02/28/22

I don't understand why they put so much emphasis on the arena and make it as unsavoury as possible for most players

So they nerfed some missions, great, but what is their obsession with classic arena?  The rewards are pitiful, apparently not changed since the game started and the gear they give has long been superceeded by new and better gear

It's not PvP, it's Pv AI which is a totally different concept, real PvP would give the arena credibility 

Yes you get the bonuses for tiers and Great Hall, but to me that seems to be about the only reason to climb the tiers

So why are they so precious about it?, it's one relitively small aspect they make big by making missions related to it

Apr 11, 2022, 18:4804/11/22
07/17/20
Speeedy

It is obvious that the arena needs to be improved But try to add more speed on the rest of your team, dont  focus only on your speedTuner/ The one that increase speed.

Try to do that... a lot of arena battles i just lose because my nuker does have enough speed.

It is obvious that the arena needs to be improved...

Going first is not my issue.

I am now in silver 2 (dropped down from silver 3) and I am still facing a wall of Ninja death. People with 4 Legendaries or maxed out Epics.

These are not the kind of teams that should be in Silver 2.

Fix the damn arena, not just for the Gold 5-Plat people.

Apr 11, 2022, 18:5004/11/22
07/17/20
dthorne04

As of a few hours ago (didn't get a chance to check earlier, unfortunately) Plat was completely repopulated back to 500. 

Fix the arena for Silver please not just for Plat.

It is impossible to progress down here if you have a high player power account with only rares and epics. Everyone I get put up against has crazy teams of Legendaries.

The system as it is is broken.

P.S: I thought the missions were going to change? The Obtain Gold 1 mission is still the same.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 11, 2022, 19:4204/11/22
02/24/19
Tormunda

Fix the arena for Silver please not just for Plat.

It is impossible to progress down here if you have a high player power account with only rares and epics. Everyone I get put up against has crazy teams of Legendaries.

The system as it is is broken.

P.S: I thought the missions were going to change? The Obtain Gold 1 mission is still the same.

You are going to need to make gold and farm your great hall bonuses to get Arbiter, yes.

I'd like to help you get out of Silver though. Why don't you start a new thread, post your roster, your current team and their builds? We can for sure help you, and give you advice on builds and the things you will need to do to advance out of Silver and into Gold.

Apr 11, 2022, 19:5604/11/22
03/30/21

For g4+ arena it is definitely easier, i have been popping in and out of plat today.

Clan mates say G1-G3 is still rough however - no easier at all, and it sounds like silver is no better at this stage

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 11, 2022, 20:2504/11/22
Apr 11, 2022, 20:26(edited)
02/24/19
BenHuyAmon

For g4+ arena it is definitely easier, i have been popping in and out of plat today.

Clan mates say G1-G3 is still rough however - no easier at all, and it sounds like silver is no better at this stage

Arena needs time to decompress.

Just like the changes to Plat and G5 matchmaking took several weeks to trickle down into the lower tiers and smoosh everyone, I expect to see this change take at least a few days, if not a couple weeks to decompress the lower tiers. Once G4 and G5 have fully repopulated, we will see things better in G1-G3, which will then pass down into Silver.