All Categories

Arena Changes (From Digest)

Arena Changes (From Digest)

Search
Comments
Apr 7, 2022, 22:0804/07/22
11/29/20

So is this type of stuff fixed?  Winning 3/4 matchups on defense against same guy and somehow I end up -9 overall.

i

Apr 7, 2022, 22:2404/07/22
12/19/19

i

Apr 7, 2022, 22:4504/07/22
06/25/20
chris

So is this type of stuff fixed?  Winning 3/4 matchups on defense against same guy and somehow I end up -9 overall.

i

I'm curious as to why the second and third ones didn't award any points? Is that a visual glitch or what?

Apr 7, 2022, 23:0504/07/22
11/16/20

So when does the arena fix happen?

I'm guessing what ever they are trying to do will take a few days to sort out, or at least that's what they will say.

In defense I'm being attacked by plat avatars while sitting around 3k +/-  arena points. I've been hit by people in top clans like tao, mad, glfy, ect. Freaking ramantu teams hitting me here at bottom of G4.

offense refresh is the same story seeing 300-400k teams with multiple empowered champions. Still losing 15+ points to easiest teams on the list.

The only noticable difference is the win point spread seems a little better from 6-14 points.

I don't want to come off like a crybaby as I have spent a lot of time and effort in arena and other areas of the game. I understand what I'm doing and how to gear. I don't have the best gearing but it's is not half bad either. This arena is still a mess and is still broken and unacceptable imo. I'm happy new players can get arbiter easier but that does not over shadow the half assed "fix".

Rant over
For now.

Apr 7, 2022, 23:0804/07/22
11/29/20
kramaswamy.kr

I'm curious as to why the second and third ones didn't award any points? Is that a visual glitch or what?

That's how the point system was working up until the changes early.  All week long it's been like this, hence plat teams flying down to g4 and everyone running up against a brick wall.

Apr 7, 2022, 23:2204/07/22
06/25/20
evilized6666

So when does the arena fix happen?

I'm guessing what ever they are trying to do will take a few days to sort out, or at least that's what they will say.

In defense I'm being attacked by plat avatars while sitting around 3k +/-  arena points. I've been hit by people in top clans like tao, mad, glfy, ect. Freaking ramantu teams hitting me here at bottom of G4.

offense refresh is the same story seeing 300-400k teams with multiple empowered champions. Still losing 15+ points to easiest teams on the list.

The only noticable difference is the win point spread seems a little better from 6-14 points.

I don't want to come off like a crybaby as I have spent a lot of time and effort in arena and other areas of the game. I understand what I'm doing and how to gear. I don't have the best gearing but it's is not half bad either. This arena is still a mess and is still broken and unacceptable imo. I'm happy new players can get arbiter easier but that does not over shadow the half assed "fix".

Rant over
For now.

For those of us in G4 it's actually hurt more than helped. No more free wins against 2600-rated teams :(

Apr 7, 2022, 23:3604/07/22
10/11/20

What if they simply eliminated cross-tier matchmaking?

If you have a plat avatar - that's it, you're in Plat - for good. Don't bother us in low G4 with your triple reaction and Stoneskin +4 Nekreths and +4 Duchesses!

Might also help populate Plat, currently there are only 4 people there. Let's not forget, empty Plat means all of those people are among us common folk in lower tiers.

Apr 7, 2022, 23:4404/07/22
11/16/20
kramaswamy.kr

For those of us in G4 it's actually hurt more than helped. No more free wins against 2600-rated teams :(

Shhhh I just beat up a couple G3 scrubs today, it was worth +7 points both times at the risk of probably losing 16.

i

Apr 7, 2022, 23:4804/07/22
01/27/21

Well, the one thing that has been made clear is that nobody at Plarium has the slightest idea about what is wrong with arena.  It is too bad.  They really should have shelled out to pay someone who understood the math behind a PvP economy.  We still have the same defaltionary point structure (the original plan must have been for people entering the game at a far greater rate than they are) and we have an even worse account concentration at the top of gold.  The progress mission changes, while welcome, also are exactly the opposite of what should have been done.  

They need to quadruple the tiers and add them all above gold.  The rewards (great hall/account stats/tournaments) should be the same per win but if they want to give better weekly rewards that is fine.  The idea is if they are going to tie PvE progression to PvP then PvP needs to be farmable.  If 3/4 of arena/player-base are all the same, then everyone can farm in peace.  Plat should be expanded to anybody who has the appropriate elo and they should only reset plat each ranking period.  They'll also need to monitor to add in bots (accounts which are copied from lower tiers and inserted into the matchmaking are absolutely bots) for a points influx where it might be needed if one section of the arena is sagging a bit.

Apr 8, 2022, 03:5104/08/22
03/12/21
kramaswamy.kr

Not a glitch, when you fight one player multiple times you only get points for the first win. He lost 15 points, but the guy who was attacking also lost 3 points overall in spite of winning eventually. This is one of the things that results in the overall pool of points decreasing over time, the other is the weekly reset that poofs a whole bunch of points.

The net result is that the top players slowly fall down in tiers because, allthough the pool of available points is decreasing, the threshold to enter or leave a tier is not.

The only way to increase the pool is for new players to start playing, or for the game to add fake players for people to beat (what is called bots elsewhere on the boards) at the appropriate levels where the devs think someone of X power should be playing.

If they stop adding fake players the points pool will start to implode and players will be pushed down the ranks as a result, simply because the supply of points is not enough to get higher.

Apr 8, 2022, 04:1904/08/22
07/18/21

This really does come across as a half-measure from a company that at best appears to be tone-deaf in their responses to what is actually going on.  This does nothing for those accounts in free-fall through the ranks other than increase the difficulty of building the great hall by 50% to 100% and depower their ENTIRE roster through the loss of tier bonus stats.  Both of which exacerbate the issue.

And I also have suspicion that this lower point threshhold for G5 and plat will be a failure (as of this writing there are "No players in the Platinum Tier").  It will only worsen week by week.

Mods, have they acknowledged at all the issue with the deflationary points system?

Apr 8, 2022, 05:0204/08/22
09/14/20
kramaswamy.kr

I think his point is that the changes may assuage the complaints right now, but you'll doubtless be hearing the same people in a few months when they are blocked on the subsequent progress missions.

Exactly. The comment I was referring to was mainly the sentence: 

the Arbiter road block was/is not just a roadblock to her, but also to the last 183 missions as well. 

Apr 8, 2022, 06:0804/08/22
09/14/20

I think, the problem is stil not solved and will continue to frustrate people. 

i

As you can see, I was attacked thrice. I won 2 of the battles and got a netto win of a single point for it. My opponent likely ended up with 11-12 point negative due to these 3 battles. 

Overall, the 3 battles syphoned about 11 points out of the pool of points into nothingness. So we have a reduction of points due to the system and that will furthermore frustrate players. Lowering the threshold of reaching Gold V or Plat will not solve this problem, it will remain a temporary solution.

Apr 8, 2022, 07:0504/08/22

Arena fixed but in Plat leagues still no players :D

Apr 8, 2022, 07:0704/08/22

Oh and i forget something the other fixes. 556K teams at gold 3.

i

Apr 8, 2022, 07:2504/08/22
03/30/21
bighathrsl

This really does come across as a half-measure from a company that at best appears to be tone-deaf in their responses to what is actually going on.  This does nothing for those accounts in free-fall through the ranks other than increase the difficulty of building the great hall by 50% to 100% and depower their ENTIRE roster through the loss of tier bonus stats.  Both of which exacerbate the issue.

And I also have suspicion that this lower point threshhold for G5 and plat will be a failure (as of this writing there are "No players in the Platinum Tier").  It will only worsen week by week.

Mods, have they acknowledged at all the issue with the deflationary points system?

Would also like to know if there is any indication at all that the developers have acknowledged the actual problem (points being removed). The response doesnt seemt o suggest they have.

Apr 8, 2022, 07:4104/08/22
02/28/22

After the initial excitement from folk who concentrated on the mission aspect of this 'Fix' the reality is that they didn't fix the arena, they concentrated on missions and this as someone already said is a 'smoke and mirrors' exercise - they didn't actually fix it  and when the dust has settled folk still need to progress in the arena for their Great Hall missions - so you no longer need to get to G4 BUT you still need the G4 rewards or your Great Hall missions will take forever

Top players - No players in the Platinum Tier 

Still getting attacked by teams ranked below you and losing big points?

Still dropping through the tiers like a stone?

Still get minimal points for a win unless they are ranked above you?

Still able to attack a higher placed team three times, lose two win one and still win overall on points?

OH and this in my advanced quests

Fight in classic arena with a team from four different affinities

Plarium you  don't have a friggin clue

Apr 8, 2022, 10:3904/08/22
Apr 8, 2022, 10:48(edited)
02/14/21

Heres my suggestions.

Put bots back in.

This does 2 things.

1 it adds needed points back into the system.

2 it will spread the players out more as right now they are all so tightly packed together it is next to impossible to move up.

Just my 2 cents and it might only be worth 1 cent 😀

Forgot to add and maintain the darn bots, keep adding them in every 3 months so we do not have to have the Arena implode and mass quitting for you to fix something that has been broken since the game started.

Apr 8, 2022, 10:5504/08/22
04/10/20

At this point I'm begining to wonder if they know what to do or even really care about doing it

I agree bots seems like a good temporary fix to aleave the current miserable arena experience until they can work out how it is supposed to work without bots.

Apr 8, 2022, 11:0104/08/22
02/14/21
bill

At this point I'm begining to wonder if they know what to do or even really care about doing it

I agree bots seems like a good temporary fix to aleave the current miserable arena experience until they can work out how it is supposed to work without bots.

From what I have read on these boards they have never been able to figure out how to fix the Arena.

At least once a year they go thru this and the fix is always to add bots and then for about 7 to 9 months you do not see Arena Threads the reason I beleive if they maintained the bots ( since they seem incapable of fixing ) then Arena would no longer be in issue IMO