All Categories

I disagree with the content creators again

I disagree with the content creators again

Search
Comments
Aug 15, 2021, 00:1108/15/21
10/08/17

I pulled 16 sacred this weekend to try and get Bad El

I got Lugan the Steadfast Bannerlords . I am happy with the pull as he will help my bannerlord team a lot and a non dupe

But thats 16 sacred shards before a lego. I think some are too optimistic at their pull chances with their shards. I would of much rather had 4 guaranteed legos I knew I was getting ahead of time but I did not have a 'choice' I fell to RNG

Cannot wait to finish this month of daily login and start collecting towards a guaranteed lego

Aug 15, 2021, 00:2208/15/21
02/13/21
PriestGuardian

and lets  not forget the clan shop frags for yet another free lego

I currently do not have that one either and plan to collect those free frags as well :) along with the daily login legos

The thing I like about the legendaries provided elsewhere is that to get them, you need to play the game.  This is a nice incentive to encourage players to spend time in areas that they might not otherwise spend time

• Do you want a free Hellmut, now you need to actually play the Doom Tower, which includes thinking about teams to handle the specific secret rooms.
  • Do you want a free Drex, now you need to build a tag team arena group and earn gold bars
  • Do you want a free Yannica, now you need to join a clan and complete quests/cvc to earn gold
  • Do you want a free Arbiter, then complete each of these quests to get it (which essentially sends you all over the game as well)
  • Do you want a free Rhazin / Broadmaw, then find these champions and level them up in campaigns to get them

These things encourage players to participate in the game and have agency.  They can pick the area they want to first focus on, and also pivot if they happen to get a great champ for another area

Aug 15, 2021, 00:3108/15/21
Aug 15, 2021, 00:42(edited)
10/08/17
RoseRoyal

The thing I like about the legendaries provided elsewhere is that to get them, you need to play the game.  This is a nice incentive to encourage players to spend time in areas that they might not otherwise spend time

• Do you want a free Hellmut, now you need to actually play the Doom Tower, which includes thinking about teams to handle the specific secret rooms.
  • Do you want a free Drex, now you need to build a tag team arena group and earn gold bars
  • Do you want a free Yannica, now you need to join a clan and complete quests/cvc to earn gold
  • Do you want a free Arbiter, then complete each of these quests to get it (which essentially sends you all over the game as well)
  • Do you want a free Rhazin / Broadmaw, then find these champions and level them up in campaigns to get them

These things encourage players to participate in the game and have agency.  They can pick the area they want to first focus on, and also pivot if they happen to get a great champ for another area

So I say to you why do you not want to participate in the game (Devils Advocate). You want to pick up your free 5 star chicken and do nothing for it. Why not play the game and farm a rare up like most do?

As to the sacred shard debate. I think it comes down to if you are running NM CB end chest or higher which will give you probably 3 sacred shards each month. 

Aug 15, 2021, 00:4008/15/21
Aug 15, 2021, 01:38(edited)
09/30/20
PriestGuardian

I pulled 16 sacred this weekend to try and get Bad El

I got Lugan the Steadfast Bannerlords . I am happy with the pull as he will help my bannerlord team a lot and a non dupe

But thats 16 sacred shards before a lego. I think some are too optimistic at their pull chances with their shards. I would of much rather had 4 guaranteed legos I knew I was getting ahead of time but I did not have a 'choice' I fell to RNG

Cannot wait to finish this month of daily login and start collecting towards a guaranteed lego

Congrats, I managed to pull Roshcard while trying for Bad-El. Also not disappointed in the least as he can help me in a lot of areas haha.

I disagree about the 5* chicken heavily, shards would still be nice cause I'd love a chance at an epic bad or not but owell. agree to disagree.

As for the legend shard in the Clan shop do you know if there is a cooldown like with the Drexthar shards?

Aug 15, 2021, 01:1908/15/21
04/29/20
Trips

I think you've shown with your post all the ways you can get chickens playing the game: advanced quests, dt progress, clan shop, cvc, tag shop, constant tournament events.... all added over the last year. You also get 1000s of free energy each month, and they continue to add more and more. Everything about the game is far more f2p friendly than when I started.  I have like 4 weeks of 2xp, I used to have to spend gems often for that. Never need to anymore. The clan shop prices are very reasonable, I think you can easily get enough energy and small chickens to make multiple 5star chickens each month.

Even if there are multiple ways of getting the 5 star chicken, they are not freely given.

If last month you could get 10x 5* star chickens, this month you can only get 9x 5* chickens because 1 has been removed from the monthly logins. 

If I flip your argument around I could say that I already have other ways to get free lego champs from fusions and fragment events so what is the point in the login fragments. 

I made this next point before, one of the main points made in this thread was that content creators got it wrong and the community was not enraged by this decision. Based on the multiple polls put out by multiple content creators there is an overwhelming amount of negativity around this decision. 

Look, everyone has an opinion which is great and so you should, but when multiple content creators put polls out and they are coming back with 70-80% of the playerbase against this decision... then I don't think you can say the playerbase are not upset by this decision. 

Aug 15, 2021, 02:2008/15/21
02/13/21
PriestGuardian

So I say to you why do you not want to participate in the game (Devils Advocate). You want to pick up your free 5 star chicken and do nothing for it. Why not play the game and farm a rare up like most do?

As to the sacred shard debate. I think it comes down to if you are running NM CB end chest or higher which will give you probably 3 sacred shards each month. 

I don't think I've ever commented on the 5 star chicken, but to be honest it is still interacting with the game and giving players a choice.  The player chooses which champion to level up, and they could choose one to help with Arena, or CB, or Dungeons, etc.

I assume you would be happy if the game eventually changed so that everyone got a free champion each day they logged in for doing nothing?  Remove the portal and events entirely?  Is now perhaps the time to officially change the game to be a login/logout game, instead of a gacha one?  I mean, what are we even playing here?

Aug 15, 2021, 03:3508/15/21
Aug 15, 2021, 03:37(edited)
03/06/21

I think having champion fragments on the daily logins is nice, I just wish they did it differently, like have a "main reward" after completing the daily login fully. I think if they left the shards/Rank 5 chicken and put the fragments as a "main reward" for completing it fully would be better. I don't think anyone would be as upset as they are. Also I do have to disagree that 300 energy for a Rank 5 chicken is basically a crap trade.

I can see in a way with the Shard for Fragments, but rank 5 chicken for 300 energy? I have over 28k energy...mind you I am F2P, upgrading my champions quickly/easily is more worth then 300 energy. I thought the fragments were going to replace the rank 5 chicken, but they didn't do that which makes no senese. But yea, I just wish they did it differently. 

i

Aug 15, 2021, 03:5108/15/21
02/13/21

They didn't swap the rank 5 chicken with 300 energy, they simply moved them around.  The 300 energy used to be up where the 10 fragments are.  Essentially, Rank 5 chicken gets replaced with 10 fragments, sacred gets replaced with 15 fragments, and 300 energy (which was always there) gets swapped with the rank 5 chicken slot.  

I assume the goal was to make it feel like you are getting half the legendary rewards midway through the month, but in reality you don't get anything.  That 10 fragments halfway is the equivilent of getting 0 fragments, because you still need 100 fragments to actually summon the legendary, which means that you need to finish the full month.  They could have just put the full 25 on the last day and achieved the same result.  

It's an illusion of giving players a reward.

Aug 15, 2021, 05:0408/15/21
07/31/21
PriestGuardian

Actually that's the mode that'ss preferrable. Now if they would have removed the 5 star chicken and the sacred shard and upgraded the advanced quest milestone to 2 5 star chickens and the monthly end reward to 2 sacred shards there would have been no protests.

Instead of 2 5 star chickens per month and 2 sacred shard per month guaranted we only get half that. That' what the protests are about.

Even if you manage to run NM after 270 days as a ftp player thats still a 20% reduction in the highesst value rewards.

Aug 15, 2021, 05:2508/15/21
07/31/21

Actually who wastes energy farming Ice golem apart from tournaments/fusion?

Ghrush gets outshined by Apo. He stil has his uses, but "using him all over" is grossly exaggerated. Please note, on three accounts I pulled Apo on all three in less than 3 weeks...

Visix and Syl will be amazing for the longgest time.

I tried Khatun for dragon, Khatun always dies on the waves. I have tried Khatun in the doomtower, can't get past floor 7. Subbing Khatun for another champ I geet to floor 17...Khatun is completely useless in Spider, the only area I use het is as speed lead on CB. And only because I don't have any ally protect, poisoner or shielder.  I don't see Khatun in a team of mine attempting to 1-2 key brutal.

We are very silent on Dark Athel, Tainix, Lordly Legionaire and Yaga, aren't we?

We have 4 trash tier champs as login rewards, 2 amazing ones and 2 situational ones. Out of 8 champions basically 2 advance your account, that's 1 in 4. That means after 270 days you have to potentially wait 16! months to get your account changer. 1 acount changer in 16 months is worth 16 sacred shards and 16 5 star chickens...right.

Please don't talk about Ninja. Yes he is amazing but with the epic fail of the marketing campaign something like Ninja will never be repeated.

Actually what the game needs is every new accou t geting Ninja instead of shaman after 7 days. And after 60 days something actually helping with clanboss and not a 4 star chicken.

Aug 15, 2021, 08:2808/15/21
05/05/19

That's probably because you have an early-mid game account. For some content creators with tons of legendaries, dupes and all the epics in the game, it's a big pain in the ass having to farm campaign to get champs to lvl 40-50, and that's something that a free chicken and an epic (probably 4* chicken) would solve

Aug 15, 2021, 10:1408/15/21
10/08/17
RoseRoyal

I don't think I've ever commented on the 5 star chicken, but to be honest it is still interacting with the game and giving players a choice.  The player chooses which champion to level up, and they could choose one to help with Arena, or CB, or Dungeons, etc.

I assume you would be happy if the game eventually changed so that everyone got a free champion each day they logged in for doing nothing?  Remove the portal and events entirely?  Is now perhaps the time to officially change the game to be a login/logout game, instead of a gacha one?  I mean, what are we even playing here?

You never commented  on the 5 star chicken, but its the same principle. Why is one better than the other when it comes to play the game VS get something free

You second comment is obviously missing  my BEEF with the game. My beef with this game is the same beef EVERY player has with the multitude of free to play Eastern video games  in the Western market place of today

RNG!!!!! No one likes it and everyone complains about it. I can list countless examples of others games but its too obvious

Its not about free stuff vs playing the game. Its about RNG vs Guaranteed loot . I will work towards guaranteed loot every time rather than take my chances with Eastern RNG. Thankfully Plarium is a progressive company that realizes what works best and does a little of both. Thankyou again Plarium from a gamer who has been around the block a few times with games

Aug 15, 2021, 11:5208/15/21
Aug 15, 2021, 12:17(edited)
02/13/21
PriestGuardian

You never commented  on the 5 star chicken, but its the same principle. Why is one better than the other when it comes to play the game VS get something free

You second comment is obviously missing  my BEEF with the game. My beef with this game is the same beef EVERY player has with the multitude of free to play Eastern video games  in the Western market place of today

RNG!!!!! No one likes it and everyone complains about it. I can list countless examples of others games but its too obvious

Its not about free stuff vs playing the game. Its about RNG vs Guaranteed loot . I will work towards guaranteed loot every time rather than take my chances with Eastern RNG. Thankfully Plarium is a progressive company that realizes what works best and does a little of both. Thankyou again Plarium from a gamer who has been around the block a few times with games

Just so I understand.  You made a conscious decision to download a gacha game, whose entire foundation is around RNG, and yet you hate RNG?  Do you also go to the beach and complain about the sand?

Edit: Actually, this is really something I want to know.  Everything about this game is random

• The champion pull is random
  • The item drop is random
  • The item quality is random
  • The item rarity is random
  • The item stats is random
  • The item upgrade stats is random
  • The rune upgrades are random
  • The damage in the game has a random range (i.e. weak/strong affinity, damage rolls, crit rate)
  • 90% of the champion skills are random
  • The pop-up ads are random
  • The marketplace is random
  • The advanced quests are random
  • Plarium's game decisions are random
  • The gummy bots on the forums are random

What drives you to experience this game if RNG is one of your biggest beefs?  

Genuinely curious 

Aug 15, 2021, 12:5508/15/21
02/13/21

Also, for all the people who are saying that we are overvaluing the sacred shard and chicken, let me offer you this concrete counterpoint: Plarium valued them so much that they chose to remove them.

None of us have the numbers of how many shards the average player is getting across the entire game,  but if the extra sacred a month was miniscule, then Plarium simply wouldn't have changed it.  If people were swimming in sacred shards from CB runs, then this extra sacred shard would not have had any impact on Plarium's bottom line.  No, Plarium has the numbers and see things quite differently, and they saw that these 2 rewards were highly beneficial to a vast majority of players, and leverage that to drive sales.

You cannot argue that these 2 items were meaningless for the collective playerbase when Plarium themselves are saying they are not.

Aug 15, 2021, 13:2208/15/21
09/30/20
Stormwind

Actually who wastes energy farming Ice golem apart from tournaments/fusion?

Ghrush gets outshined by Apo. He stil has his uses, but "using him all over" is grossly exaggerated. Please note, on three accounts I pulled Apo on all three in less than 3 weeks...

Visix and Syl will be amazing for the longgest time.

I tried Khatun for dragon, Khatun always dies on the waves. I have tried Khatun in the doomtower, can't get past floor 7. Subbing Khatun for another champ I geet to floor 17...Khatun is completely useless in Spider, the only area I use het is as speed lead on CB. And only because I don't have any ally protect, poisoner or shielder.  I don't see Khatun in a team of mine attempting to 1-2 key brutal.

We are very silent on Dark Athel, Tainix, Lordly Legionaire and Yaga, aren't we?

We have 4 trash tier champs as login rewards, 2 amazing ones and 2 situational ones. Out of 8 champions basically 2 advance your account, that's 1 in 4. That means after 270 days you have to potentially wait 16! months to get your account changer. 1 acount changer in 16 months is worth 16 sacred shards and 16 5 star chickens...right.

Please don't talk about Ninja. Yes he is amazing but with the epic fail of the marketing campaign something like Ninja will never be repeated.

Actually what the game needs is every new accou t geting Ninja instead of shaman after 7 days. And after 60 days something actually helping with clanboss and not a 4 star chicken.

Maybe a noobish statement but I like defense set, outside of that yea Ice golem isn't great. As for Ghrush, I use him a lot and now don't use Apo much at all (that said I have Scyl, Ghrush, and Uugo as healers and Lyssandra for speed so..). Sure apo has a good 1 target heal and the speed buff but I just find Ghrush more useful with his leech. Though maybe I'm missing something there.

As for the rest, I agree. Also I noticed you didn't mention Dark Elhain which is a pretty good champ but as you stated Ice golem isn't the best dungeon.

Aug 15, 2021, 13:4008/15/21
09/30/20
PriestGuardian

I actually agree with the RNG aspec. I think the %'s are quite bad and especially the dungeon drop rates are abysmal. They should remove flat stat from Gloves, Chest, and Boots.

As for the chicken however, that is Guaranteed loot the is = to 1500 energy. That is a LOT of energy loss, and I understand we get a lot of easy free ways to get energy but that was already in place before this change. To 6* one champ and do masteries it takes roughly 10500 energy if my calculations are correct and thats w/o including having to level up the actual champion you are getting to 6* so that is even more energy you need to use.

As for the Sacred, I think it's a loss too albeit not as big of one. I have read more people are angry about the loss of the chicken more than the sacred (not sure if it's true but it seems that way). Honestly, I prefer the shard as I would prefer to have 4 bad epics vs. one meh legend that I will likely never upgrade because it's not very good w/o books and Legendary books are probably the hardest resource to get. 4 bad epics give you 4* (or I usually upgrade them to 5*) food which is I think somewhere around 300-350 energy each. Sure the legend equals 1500 energy but not really because even in the case of Cleo where she isn't that great you wouldn't use a legend as food. Who knows if she gets a buff or not and you would keep her just in case. More often than not I see her sitting in most vaults being unused except by very long time players or mid-high level spenders (or some mix of both).

Still, again I state, the shard isn't as that big of a deal but the chicken is.

P.S. Just clarifing I don't care if anyone spends money on this game. In fact, thank you for supporting the game in a way that will help Plarium add more content.

Aug 15, 2021, 15:4508/15/21
Aug 15, 2021, 15:54(edited)
10/08/17
RoseRoyal

Just so I understand.  You made a conscious decision to download a gacha game, whose entire foundation is around RNG, and yet you hate RNG?  Do you also go to the beach and complain about the sand?

Edit: Actually, this is really something I want to know.  Everything about this game is random

• The champion pull is random
  • The item drop is random
  • The item quality is random
  • The item rarity is random
  • The item stats is random
  • The item upgrade stats is random
  • The rune upgrades are random
  • The damage in the game has a random range (i.e. weak/strong affinity, damage rolls, crit rate)
  • 90% of the champion skills are random
  • The pop-up ads are random
  • The marketplace is random
  • The advanced quests are random
  • Plarium's game decisions are random
  • The gummy bots on the forums are random

What drives you to experience this game if RNG is one of your biggest beefs?  

Genuinely curious 

Its the simple state of FTP MMO's. I love gaming so I learn to live with RNG and make a conscious decision to play by the rules. Does not mean 90%(grabbed that out of the air) of the western gaming community likes it. In fact they always complain about it

I just pick how I play. Examples

Archeage - there is a chance when rolling your gear to Mythic(highest quality) that you will destroy the item entirely. Thats why I was just a potatoe farmer  in that game. I planted crops harvested them and sold them at market avoiding the whole gear upgrading rng

Path of Exile- To make your gear that little extra you can corrupt it, downfall is once corrupted you can never change it again and it may actually make the item worse than it was. More RNG I never took part in

Magic The Gathering- Just released its action rpgmmo this year and they tried to implement RNG into the combat system. Epic fail because the game announced they are closing all servers this Oct and giving people their  money back

The list goes  on and on and on of RNG and fails and how people hate it wide spread across the gaming  industry

I pick how and what games I will play with the least RNG. I do not complain about it with the exception of this thread where we are debating the topic.

Its just a fact no one likes RNG except you I guess, but when your spending a lot of $$$ on something I will take the guarantee result every day of the week

Oh and when at the beach I usually do not complain about the sand  but rather how cold the water is 😉

Aug 15, 2021, 17:1408/15/21
05/02/14

Plarium view: 

Players spend more money the change was good.

Players spend less money, we need fix this.

Everyone can put the best fix, plan, solution, reasson, etc. but in the end money have more weigth .

Aug 21, 2021, 10:3308/21/21
04/06/19

Lol how much is Plarium paying you? The change worse in ever concievable way.

Aug 21, 2021, 15:0108/21/21
10/08/17
Main

Lol how much is Plarium paying you? The change worse in ever concievable way.

Never  look a gift horse  in the mouth

You may be too young to know that phrase

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.