Hydra Nerfs

Hydra Nerfs

Search
Comments
Oct 15, 2024, 03:2010/15/24
Oct 15, 2024, 03:37(edited)
07/01/22
WileyMan

I really don't see how this post from Plarium is "good news".  In fact, I posted the exact opposite to my clan discord when the FAQ was released a few days ago.  It means that having 2-3 Serpent's Will buffs out simultaneously is going to happen regularly, and that having all 4 heads with Serpent's Will simultaneously will happen periodically.  

Ok you gotta stop. I said the "good news" was there's a way to keep DPS going based on how you cycle heads, taking me out of context and using it to act like I said it was ALL good news is just instigating.

I'm trying to keep people updated and not be 1000% negative about everything that is happening.

Yes, Plarium is very wrong in how often they think 4 heads with the buff simultaneously will happen. Since I doubt it will be hotfixed quickly, I'm suggesting a way to keep the DPS going using Strategy.

You know I'm not making decisions about these changes right? Just because I'm not as upset as you doesn't mean you need to be mad at me as well

EDIT: And just to clarify, the reason I'm not upset or freaking out is because none of the changes are live yet. Once there's actually an impact, then I'll be back posting feedback about how much X is bad and needs to be fixed. Till then, there's no point because it hasn't even happened. Focus on Hydra this week and that's all you can really do

Oct 15, 2024, 15:3110/15/24
12/07/20

Having just watched my Varl kill himself 3 times on the same head because of reflect damage (wud of been more but my reviver gave up on the sackless fuck) I cant wait for these Hydra changes to happen so if nothing else every champ will be as braindead as my Varl after Plarium 'fixes' Hydra

Oct 16, 2024, 08:1110/16/24
Oct 16, 2024, 08:33(edited)
12/05/22

Don't you realise Plarium that this is going to screw mainly mid-game players? Krakens going from 1 B too 500 M ? And what about players going from 10 M to 5 M on lower difficulties ? No chest at all. No soulstones, no awakenings, no Mithrala.

You want us to spend money, right ? As far as I'm concerned I'm starting to see you as MY ENEMY, and of course I'm not going to spend a cent in someone who treats me as his enemy. And yeah, I know you don't give a sh*t, that you only care about krakens. Well, good luck, and congrats for this glorious month:

- The Thor fusion deception.

- The hydra buff.

- The Wixwell CB teams.

- The Freyja deck (well, you had all the right to do it, but anyway, it was very "nice" from you as usual). Ah, I understand now: first you make the statement that we're going to need soulstones to complete decks, and then you cut the main source of free soulstones. Well done, genious.

You're really "adorable" Plarium.

Oct 16, 2024, 11:4210/16/24
06/02/22

This rebalance affects everyone playing the hydra in a really negative way. I have not long ago hit on a team that lets me complete brutal, thanks to Plarium moving the goalposts yet again, my team is now dead in the water. Having watched some of the cc videos, I hold little hope that my team will be effective anymore. Did anyone really care tha a few players with ample time and cash put in massive scores. Low spenders and ftp will be the ones hardest hit by this. Top spenders will still get the top chests every week, all be it with lower scores. 

Oct 16, 2024, 12:3310/16/24
05/26/22
Dave

This rebalance affects everyone playing the hydra in a really negative way. I have not long ago hit on a team that lets me complete brutal, thanks to Plarium moving the goalposts yet again, my team is now dead in the water. Having watched some of the cc videos, I hold little hope that my team will be effective anymore. Did anyone really care tha a few players with ample time and cash put in massive scores. Low spenders and ftp will be the ones hardest hit by this. Top spenders will still get the top chests every week, all be it with lower scores. 

It does mean that the spenders will have to spend more to adjust. Overall I wish they would just get rid of Hydra. It isn't fun. You aren't engaged in it at all. You just set the game to run and then litterally go run a marathon and see if you or the game completes first. I am not a runner so I crawl and roll on my side the back half of the marathon and often times I get done first. 

Oct 16, 2024, 16:2210/16/24
01/31/20
Onikage55

Ok you gotta stop. I said the "good news" was there's a way to keep DPS going based on how you cycle heads, taking me out of context and using it to act like I said it was ALL good news is just instigating.

I'm trying to keep people updated and not be 1000% negative about everything that is happening.

Yes, Plarium is very wrong in how often they think 4 heads with the buff simultaneously will happen. Since I doubt it will be hotfixed quickly, I'm suggesting a way to keep the DPS going using Strategy.

You know I'm not making decisions about these changes right? Just because I'm not as upset as you doesn't mean you need to be mad at me as well

EDIT: And just to clarify, the reason I'm not upset or freaking out is because none of the changes are live yet. Once there's actually an impact, then I'll be back posting feedback about how much X is bad and needs to be fixed. Till then, there's no point because it hasn't even happened. Focus on Hydra this week and that's all you can really do

Dude, I am not mad at you.  We do happen to disagree on Plarium's approach to this fix, and it certainly seems that we both like to argue to argue sometimes.

Oct 16, 2024, 17:0510/16/24
05/03/21

For what it's worth, I just ran my 3 hydra teams this morning.  My teams are not the uber teams, probably fairly typical for mid-tier player.  I didn't change anything in my config and I got pretty much the same score this week as last week.  It just took far less time, which is awesome for me personally.

I don't have Tundra or Wix.  Seems pretty much the same to me, but faster.

Oct 18, 2024, 04:3910/18/24
01/31/20
harleQuinn

Better AI on auto

Unfortunately, that is not the case.  The AI was lobotomized.

Oct 18, 2024, 04:4710/18/24
01/31/20
WileyMan

My seat of the pants estimate is that regular teams will do less than 50% of the damage they were doing previosuly:  

• 1000 max turns vs 1500
  • Far less damage to decapitated heads before they respawn, which is where damage really stacked up from.  
  • Heads respawning faster means toons are devoured faster, which means you hit the two turn devour counter faster, which means more and more damage required to free toons....vicous cycle.  

1B Clash Point teams will be doing 400K... 

So, my seat of the pants estimate from last week was that Damage would be cut in half as a result of the Hydra changes.  For my runs, it wasn't quite that bad.  

Across all three keys, I did 2.49B vs 4.17B last week, or 59% of the damage, but I worked really hard to get that.  I tried multiple comps and runs, and easily spent 8+ hrs futzing with Hydra since the changes rolled out.       

Interested to see what others are seeing in terms of total dmg changes.  

Oct 18, 2024, 04:5810/18/24
12/16/21
WileyMan

So, my seat of the pants estimate from last week was that Damage would be cut in half as a result of the Hydra changes.  For my runs, it wasn't quite that bad.  

Across all three keys, I did 2.49B vs 4.17B last week, or 59% of the damage, but I worked really hard to get that.  I tried multiple comps and runs, and easily spent 8+ hrs futzing with Hydra since the changes rolled out.       

Did my hard and brutal teams today, got ~475m instead of ~800.

Pretty close to the same 59% as you.

My A team was a loki-wixica though, gotta completely scrap that and come up with an all new team from scratch.

Oct 18, 2024, 05:1410/18/24
07/01/22
WileyMan

Trunda has actually been worse by a lot for me since the changes, but I haven't re-geared her with Acc yet so once I do I'll have better info.

My Brutal Team is performing about the same in terms of Damage to Boss Turn Ratio. The problem is everyone is dying consistently before Boss Turn 100 now... no champs on that team were part of the rebalance so I'm assuming it's part of the Devour difficulty. I run it on auto mainly, was getting 300 mil on Brutal by Turn Limit pre-patch.

Oct 18, 2024, 05:1710/18/24
12/16/21
Onikage55

Trunda has actually been worse by a lot for me since the changes, but I haven't re-geared her with Acc yet so once I do I'll have better info.

My Brutal Team is performing about the same in terms of Damage to Boss Turn Ratio. The problem is everyone is dying consistently before Boss Turn 100 now... no champs on that team were part of the rebalance so I'm assuming it's part of the Devour difficulty. I run it on auto mainly, was getting 300 mil on Brutal by Turn Limit pre-patch.

If you're running full-auto some of the reduced score might be terrible AI having champs attack heads with 100% block damage

Oct 18, 2024, 05:4010/18/24
07/01/22
MooredRat

If you're running full-auto some of the reduced score might be terrible AI having champs attack heads with 100% block damage

The dmg actually hasn't been the problem, tho seeing Mikage use her A3 on a Serpent Will head kinda ruined my day... it's the death that is coming before boss turn 100 so consistently now... 

Oct 18, 2024, 07:0610/18/24
Oct 18, 2024, 07:10(edited)
01/31/20
WileyMan

I guess that I should have mentioned that the Brutal & Hard teams went the full 1000 turns with the full team fighting, and the NM team was nearly there.  I was well over 900 when I lost the first toon on the NM run.  The increasing HP required to free a digested toon gets tough at the end on NM, and I lost every toon before hitting 1000 turns.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 18, 2024, 16:1510/18/24
02/24/19
WileyMan

Unfortunately, that is not the case.  The AI was lobotomized.

So I heard. And reported. 

This will be fixed soon.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 18, 2024, 16:1610/18/24
02/24/19
MooredRat

Yeah this is reported and should be fixed soon

Oct 18, 2024, 16:2110/18/24
12/16/21
harleQuinn

Yeah this is reported and should be fixed soon

Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a magical faery tale world where it would be possible to test if something was working before rolling it out onto the live servers?

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 18, 2024, 16:2510/18/24
02/24/19
MooredRat

Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a magical faery tale world where it would be possible to test if something was working before rolling it out onto the live servers?

Of course. 

I don't want bugs either.

But sometimes these things pop up, sadly. Best I can do is report them quickly and get the team working on them.

Oct 18, 2024, 19:4910/18/24
12/31/21

Ok, Plarium nerfed my Trunda so much as it's now impossible to play Hydra decently. I was very good in Hydra before this ''update'', it took me years to reach  that level, so i'm closing my account. Thank you Plarium...

Oct 18, 2024, 19:5510/18/24
12/16/21
zamundo

Ok, Plarium nerfed my Trunda so much as it's now impossible to play Hydra decently. I was very good in Hydra before this ''update'', it took me years to reach  that level, so i'm closing my account. Thank you Plarium...

Before you go, could you give us some examples? What was your trunda doing before the nerf and what is she doing now?

Trying to set up a baseline between what the devs say they "expected" and how it turns out for actual players