All Categories

Hydra Nerfs

Hydra Nerfs

Search
Comments
Oct 10, 2024, 05:2310/10/24
09/11/22
Carpe_Piscis

the buff wears off after 1 turn and the head can't devour until it gets a turn, so that won't be an issue.

Maybe it was that gas cloud buff I was thinking of instead, I could be wrong on my concern.

Oct 10, 2024, 06:0710/10/24
Oct 10, 2024, 06:27(edited)
07/01/22
WileyMan

Ah, you must have a Yumeko.  Is that why you seem to not understand that Yumeko is totally broken for Hydra?  Yumeko should have been part of the Hydra Rebalance.  😂  

So you don't have Yumeko or Trunda? If you don't have them, it is potentially bias to say they need a nerf. I don't have Emic or Wixwell and I didn't want either of them to get nerfed.

I have 1 Yumeko and 1 Trunda (6k Atk, 300% Crit dmg with a 3 star soul). My best with both of them together was 800 Million dmg on Hard Hydra, that's not insanely gamebreaking. Maybe if I was better at my timing, I could see 2 billion on a Hard run pre-nerf as my best case scenario. The people doing billions upon billions have a 4 star soul at minimum, most NEED the 6 star to do the ridicdafuk damage that caused this. 

I am legitimately sorry your Wixwell and Emic got nerfed if you have them. As I posted in another thread, Double Yumeko won't matter once Lamasu is in most accounts. Again, I have ONE Yumeko and our Clash matchups have been very balanced the past few weeks. You only need 1.2 billion to get the personal chests and as long as we finish in the Top 3, I'm happy with my clan.

EDIT: What exactly DID you want Yumeko's nerf to be? Only that she can't reset copies of herself? Just want to clarify because if that's your solution, my Lamasu + Yumeko point stands as a good reason why they don't need to do that anyway.

Oct 10, 2024, 06:2010/10/24
07/01/22
MooredRat

But she needs accuracy to place debuffs, and if she does she doesn't get her 2nd hit.

It's an either/or situation

Yeah I'm glad you mentioned this because getting her Acc now when she didn't need it before is potentially going to take away from her other stats.

The stacking Resist buff she gets is interesting, that seems like a dartboard decision by Plarium

Oct 10, 2024, 07:0910/10/24
01/31/20
Onikage55

So you don't have Yumeko or Trunda? If you don't have them, it is potentially bias to say they need a nerf. I don't have Emic or Wixwell and I didn't want either of them to get nerfed.

I have 1 Yumeko and 1 Trunda (6k Atk, 300% Crit dmg with a 3 star soul). My best with both of them together was 800 Million dmg on Hard Hydra, that's not insanely gamebreaking. Maybe if I was better at my timing, I could see 2 billion on a Hard run pre-nerf as my best case scenario. The people doing billions upon billions have a 4 star soul at minimum, most NEED the 6 star to do the ridicdafuk damage that caused this. 

I am legitimately sorry your Wixwell and Emic got nerfed if you have them. As I posted in another thread, Double Yumeko won't matter once Lamasu is in most accounts. Again, I have ONE Yumeko and our Clash matchups have been very balanced the past few weeks. You only need 1.2 billion to get the personal chests and as long as we finish in the Top 3, I'm happy with my clan.

EDIT: What exactly DID you want Yumeko's nerf to be? Only that she can't reset copies of herself? Just want to clarify because if that's your solution, my Lamasu + Yumeko point stands as a good reason why they don't need to do that anyway.

It is not bias to want Plarium to balance a game mode that is broken and unbalanced.  Balance means has to do with the reality of scoring and creating balance means that there will be countless options to achieve comparable scores.....instead of there being only one or two clearly dominant types of team comps like there are now.    

I do use a Wixica team in Hydra soley because it gives me the best possible Clash Pts for my roster.  My other two teams are well-thought out teams that cover all of the buffs/debuffs and go 1500 (or close) turns on NM & Brutal, but they cannot touch the output of the Wixica team that I run on Hard.

However, I have advocated for a nerf to Wixwell since the very first broken CB team was shown online.  I am happy to have that team nerfed as long as the Trunda comps are also dealt with effectively, but that will not be the case unless they do more to balnce her.  

Trunda comps do 5X-10X what any other teams can do.  That is not "bias".  That is a statement of fact. Just because your team doesn't, does not mean she isn't broken.  Unfortunately, these changes are not enough to fix that imbalance.       

You brought up Kymar in teh other thread, but that is wrong.  Other than Yumeko, reset skills cannot be reset. That is why she is broken.  Unless you have seen direct evidence to the contrary, Lamasu will probably not be able to reset a Kymar A3. Yumeko & Nia cannot reset a Kymar A3.  It is only Yumeko that can be reset and reset and reset.  That is what needs to be fixed.    

Oct 10, 2024, 07:3610/10/24
Oct 10, 2024, 08:06(edited)
07/01/22
WileyMan

It is not bias to want Plarium to balance a game mode that is broken and unbalanced.  Balance means has to do with the reality of scoring and creating balance means that there will be countless options to achieve comparable scores.....instead of there being only one or two clearly dominant types of team comps like there are now.    

I do use a Wixica team in Hydra soley because it gives me the best possible Clash Pts for my roster.  My other two teams are well-thought out teams that cover all of the buffs/debuffs and go 1500 (or close) turns on NM & Brutal, but they cannot touch the output of the Wixica team that I run on Hard.

However, I have advocated for a nerf to Wixwell since the very first broken CB team was shown online.  I am happy to have that team nerfed as long as the Trunda comps are also dealt with effectively, but that will not be the case unless they do more to balnce her.  

Trunda comps do 5X-10X what any other teams can do.  That is not "bias".  That is a statement of fact. Just because your team doesn't, does not mean she isn't broken.  Unfortunately, these changes are not enough to fix that imbalance.       

You brought up Kymar in teh other thread, but that is wrong.  Other than Yumeko, reset skills cannot be reset. That is why she is broken.  Unless you have seen direct evidence to the contrary, Lamasu will probably not be able to reset a Kymar A3. Yumeko & Nia cannot reset a Kymar A3.  It is only Yumeko that can be reset and reset and reset.  That is what needs to be fixed.    

I get your frustration, I really do. Clearly it is Bias though because the two champs you're most upset about are two you don't seem to have. That's not coincidence. Also I'm not talking about Kymar, that was just one example SEPARATE from the Double Yumeko. Your problem and what I focus on is Double Yumeko.

Double Yumeko won't matter with Lamasu. I'm not talking about Kymar, that was a One-Off example. Ok? I'll say again: This is mainly about Yumeko and champs who reduce cooldowns, not reset the entire team's cooldowns regardless of duration. Yumeko can reduce Nia's ability right? Emic does a team CD reduction and THAT can be reduced, same with Painkeeper. You make it sound like only Yumeko can reduce cooldowns of skills that themselves reduce cooldowns. 

So fine, you want Yumeko not to Reduce Yumeko. Great, I'm fine with that. My point that I'm trying to get you to understand is that Double Yumeko isn't where this ends and won't even matter in a few months. Yumeko + Lamasu will be WAY more broken than Double Yumeko is. 

Lastly, you keep making generalizations like ALL Trundas are insanely OP. That's NOT true, it requires a specific set of conditions and Souls are a critical part of that. 

EDIT: Two Painkeepers can reduce each other's CDs, are you saying that needs to be stopped also? How about 2 Emics? Can Two Nias reduce each other's A2? Seems that this is common across the champions, the only OP thing here is the # of Turns that are being reduced that you have a problem with

Oct 10, 2024, 10:3910/10/24
09/20/20

The stupidest decision ! In this nerf тop donators lost money , but still have good damage in Haydra not 200 bilions but 50-100 bilions its make ! Who lost hare ? Yes like all time free to play gamers & new plaeyers ! Instead of introducing new heroes with new mechanics plarium make nerf to all players ! 

Oct 10, 2024, 19:2210/10/24
11/15/23

so many champs, I hard invest in the fusion, gear and ranking up complete worthless now, Emic worthless, Shyek worthless, Wixwell worthless, Yannica worthless. Wow, you are a company that could really fuck off our playerbase - 8 of my clan quit instantly - that is compelte bullshit what you do. All is now going harder but we all have no fun to build new teams, and so on. Trunda will still the damage monster with his A2 - you will see. All you done is make 99% of the playerbase really angry. Cant understand. We have now only 1.000 turns to make the same ammount of Damage? Taunt dont work it is much harder to free champs? So all you make is Hydra impossible for normal midgame players. Thanks for this. My money goes now to other games. 

Oct 10, 2024, 20:1310/10/24
Oct 10, 2024, 20:13(edited)
07/01/22
DarthRambo6

so many champs, I hard invest in the fusion, gear and ranking up complete worthless now, Emic worthless, Shyek worthless, Wixwell worthless, Yannica worthless. Wow, you are a company that could really fuck off our playerbase - 8 of my clan quit instantly - that is compelte bullshit what you do. All is now going harder but we all have no fun to build new teams, and so on. Trunda will still the damage monster with his A2 - you will see. All you done is make 99% of the playerbase really angry. Cant understand. We have now only 1.000 turns to make the same ammount of Damage? Taunt dont work it is much harder to free champs? So all you make is Hydra impossible for normal midgame players. Thanks for this. My money goes now to other games. 

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is, Plarium has a habit of decisions that make 99% of the playerbase angry (IE Non-Krakens) and it's usually once a year. The good news is, there's usually a free champion we get the month after to sooth and bring people back.

Think of it like getting paddled, but then getting a super comfortable donut to sit on

Oct 11, 2024, 19:1810/11/24
Oct 11, 2024, 19:19(edited)
07/01/22
Trips

Only 2 ever regrow simultaneously 

Good news is they released info today to clarify this:

If 3 regrow simultaneously because HP Threshold was reached, 2 of the 3 have Serpents Will

If 4 regrow simultaneously, 2 of the 4 will have Serpents Will

So it seems to be a 1/2 Ratio. Source:

If two new Hydra Heads appear at once, only one receives the [Serpent's will] buff. But what if I manage to kill more Heads at the same time? - If you cut down 3 exposed necks at a time, 2 of the 3 new Heads will have the [Serpent's will] buffs. If you dispose of 4 necks at once, still only 2 of the new Heads will have the [Serpent's will] buffs. If you kill exposed necks one by one, this rule doesn't apply, and they might all end up with the [Serpent's will] buffs. However, we expect that facing all the 4 heads at once with the buffs will be a rare occasion.

Oct 11, 2024, 19:2110/11/24
Oct 11, 2024, 19:23(edited)
07/01/22
WileyMan

Related question:  what if one head respawns, I get one turn, and then another head respawns, I get one turn and then a third respwans.  That is not the same as respawning simultaneously.  Will all three heads have the buff or only the first to respawn?

If only the first, then that is a spot where damage will potentially go up for end game comps.

See above, it seems that all 3 in that scenario would have Serpents Will.

EDIT: Including Screenshot of the post from Plarium on Discord below

i

Oct 11, 2024, 19:5110/11/24
12/19/19
Onikage55

Good news is they released info today to clarify this:

If 3 regrow simultaneously because HP Threshold was reached, 2 of the 3 have Serpents Will

If 4 regrow simultaneously, 2 of the 4 will have Serpents Will

So it seems to be a 1/2 Ratio. Source:

If two new Hydra Heads appear at once, only one receives the [Serpent's will] buff. But what if I manage to kill more Heads at the same time? - If you cut down 3 exposed necks at a time, 2 of the 3 new Heads will have the [Serpent's will] buffs. If you dispose of 4 necks at once, still only 2 of the new Heads will have the [Serpent's will] buffs. If you kill exposed necks one by one, this rule doesn't apply, and they might all end up with the [Serpent's will] buffs. However, we expect that facing all the 4 heads at once with the buffs will be a rare occasion.

Thanks! I read it but 1. Still wasn't sure what exactly would happen (I'll lean towards your interpretation) and 2. Who knows if it will be coded that way 😆 

Oct 11, 2024, 20:2610/11/24
07/01/22
Trips

Thanks! I read it but 1. Still wasn't sure what exactly would happen (I'll lean towards your interpretation) and 2. Who knows if it will be coded that way 😆 

Yeah that's why I posted the screenshot of the update on my other reply, just so people know I'm not doing my own interpritation. The good news is, if this is true then you can keep cycling multiple heads and not lose all your DPS for a full turn or so

Oct 12, 2024, 14:2310/12/24
09/24/20
Trips

A lot of math out there suggesting significant drops out there, while plarium stating that won't be the case... I'm guessing somewhere in the middle.  I think some of the changes are supposed to increase damage, of course everyone ignoring that :)

I'll just wait and see next week. I think I'll be able to do 300M with my same team on NM.

Сonsidering the amount of bugs in each update, we can say that Plarium does not have a normal team of testers. Then how can they know how things will work on Hydra?

Oct 12, 2024, 15:1110/12/24
12/19/19
IvanSidRaid

Сonsidering the amount of bugs in each update, we can say that Plarium does not have a normal team of testers. Then how can they know how things will work on Hydra?

You all make me laugh.  I can't recall more than a handful of bugs over 5 years that have impacted me in a significant way.  And I welcome those minor bugs that result in a little free energy compensation lol.

Oct 12, 2024, 23:0610/12/24
Oct 12, 2024, 23:10(edited)
09/24/20
Trips

You all make me laugh.  I can't recall more than a handful of bugs over 5 years that have impacted me in a significant way.  And I welcome those minor bugs that result in a little free energy compensation lol.

The ears of the energy that you welcome, grow from the same place where the ears of all the rebalances, all the complaints about Trunda, Vixwell, etc. grow from. 

So while you are welcome free energy, others are unhappy with server reboots during night farming, the amazing advantage of some teams over others in Hydra Clash 

Oct 14, 2024, 17:2010/14/24
01/31/20
Onikage55

Yeah that's why I posted the screenshot of the update on my other reply, just so people know I'm not doing my own interpritation. The good news is, if this is true then you can keep cycling multiple heads and not lose all your DPS for a full turn or so

I really don't see how this post from Plarium is "good news".  In fact, I posted the exact opposite to my clan discord when the FAQ was released a few days ago.  It means that having 2-3 Serpent's Will buffs out simultaneously is going to happen regularly, and that having all 4 heads with Serpent's Will simultaneously will happen periodically.  

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 14, 2024, 17:5410/14/24
02/24/19

CC videos from the test server coming out yet?

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 14, 2024, 17:5910/14/24
12/30/20
harleQuinn

oui, and shockingly it hasn't been very encouraging

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Oct 14, 2024, 18:5910/14/24
06/24/19
harleQuinn

Many and much bad.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Oct 14, 2024, 19:0010/14/24
06/24/19
dthorne04

oui, and shockingly it hasn't been very encouraging

Truly shocking indeed.  Who could have forseen these outcomes.