All Categories

PARAGON NERF NOW

PARAGON NERF NOW

Search
Comments
Jul 16, 2022, 08:1007/16/22
07/16/22

Genzin is easy dub over paragon. If they are in stone skin, run arbiter and madame serris in case resist is low, if not just wait for stone skin to run out, damage him low enough to run Genzins a3. Simple man. My paragon pwn team is arbiter, mashalled, genzin, and serris. Sometimes I forget and my hegemon is in because he's too good not to lead with. 

Jul 18, 2022, 16:2307/18/22
03/31/19

glad to see i wasn't the only one that had an issue with this. but then again sethalia or any stripper is the fix for this. you can't hack it then fight someone else with higher power. ijs. 

Jul 26, 2022, 19:1307/26/22
05/13/19

people that bring paragon solo as defense are freebie wins for me. I bring solo Astralith. She goes first. Drops those two bombs. Boom. Dead paragon before his buff goes off. 

pretty easy actually

Jul 30, 2022, 09:5007/30/22
Jul 30, 2022, 09:53(edited)
08/13/21

I think everyone in his RAID career have experienced this at least once.

I've been starting experiencing this way back in faction wars, all i did was just wait the buff to expire.

Sometimes, there, you just can't and you need to start over because your team has speed, stuns, slowdowns opponents and such in most parts of champions skills kit you have in that moment.

Speaking about arena, is pretty much what people have been said here:

Opponent geared with tons of defense and resistance to last as much as making the challenger end the battle with a loss. (get the best out of bad stuff, on your next refresh you will have at least 1 easier battle due to that loss. Tons of players purposely queuing up a single champ 1k player power with a like 200 to 400ish Team power and purposely insant end battle to "respect" the message the presumed troll is sending to challengers.

Remember, not ALL single teamed Paragons have that much RESIST and\or Stoneskin gear.

Decide by yourself to higher accuracy on best champs that are high arena tier and very good in all other places too, bring in a your best champ with relative stats to counter this scenario or just ignore this battle and go next one in the list.

And yes, you need to experience this (even more than 1 time) to acknowledge what you should do in the process.

Hope those advices will help you reflecting and read champions skills even more than 3 times and even over time.

Ended up myself in those scenarios when i thought i was 100% sure about what given skill does, turned out i was wrong.

This is pretty much to be consider a life lesson from Plarium if you think about it a little bit :)

Jul 30, 2022, 15:4607/30/22
02/11/22

I must say i kinda agree with both parties of this question actually. On one hand, Paragon IS kinda OP for Arena, and a rare too? There is NOT any single rare in this game that will make me think before i clubber that defense to oblivion in 2 seconds, 4 seconds if he's faster than me... except him. When i see a Paragon 100k power... forget it, my debuffs are never gonna land. I don't see myself building a toon with 600 accuracy just so i can have the privilege to beat up those cheesemasters LOL.

On the other hand, yes, it's all the attacker's prerogative to enter or a battle or not. So ya... just avoid this guy i guess.

However, i tend to think that overall, those unkillable/block damage teams are a real annoyance in arena. They make the fights last unnecessarily long, and there are better things to do than waste 10-15min on one arena fight because the defenders won't die, and they won't kill you either. My suggestion would be to tweak those skills and reduce their max duration to one round, only in PVP. Then have your cheese-gods wear reflex sets if you want them to cast their annoying skills more often (tough choice there... do you remove the all-praised Immunity set? or...?)

But that's me. And I'm sure many will disagree, and that's fine by me :P

Jul 30, 2022, 19:1807/30/22
05/29/21
Swiftblade

I must say i kinda agree with both parties of this question actually. On one hand, Paragon IS kinda OP for Arena, and a rare too? There is NOT any single rare in this game that will make me think before i clubber that defense to oblivion in 2 seconds, 4 seconds if he's faster than me... except him. When i see a Paragon 100k power... forget it, my debuffs are never gonna land. I don't see myself building a toon with 600 accuracy just so i can have the privilege to beat up those cheesemasters LOL.

On the other hand, yes, it's all the attacker's prerogative to enter or a battle or not. So ya... just avoid this guy i guess.

However, i tend to think that overall, those unkillable/block damage teams are a real annoyance in arena. They make the fights last unnecessarily long, and there are better things to do than waste 10-15min on one arena fight because the defenders won't die, and they won't kill you either. My suggestion would be to tweak those skills and reduce their max duration to one round, only in PVP. Then have your cheese-gods wear reflex sets if you want them to cast their annoying skills more often (tough choice there... do you remove the all-praised Immunity set? or...?)

there is a champ in clan shop - Yakarl. i pulled him from void shards, while he still was a trash. but after a buff... absolutely love him. especially his AoE. all i need to do against those unkillable guys is to wait when his buff have 1 turn left and his turn meter close to full visible mark. he cant resist and there it is - vurnarable little boy without any protection and no hp. i dont even need accuracy for it.

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 30, 2022, 20:0207/30/22
12/30/20
Swiftblade

The argument I was trying to make at the beginning of the thread - and perhaps did so a bit poorly - that if one is running into these kinds of problems when facing a Paragon, that does sort of imply that the player facing the problems may not be ready for that level of Arena. 

I would argue to get to Gold 5 in an Arena that didn't have a loss cap that players should have answers for high res champs, Stone Skin, so on and so forth. We should have a full selection of tools available to tackle the more common issues present in Arena, to stay in that level. 

Then again, we can always just ignore those types of matchups when we see them. :D

Jul 30, 2022, 22:3007/30/22
05/03/20
dthorne04

The argument I was trying to make at the beginning of the thread - and perhaps did so a bit poorly - that if one is running into these kinds of problems when facing a Paragon, that does sort of imply that the player facing the problems may not be ready for that level of Arena. 

I would argue to get to Gold 5 in an Arena that didn't have a loss cap that players should have answers for high res champs, Stone Skin, so on and so forth. We should have a full selection of tools available to tackle the more common issues present in Arena, to stay in that level. 

Then again, we can always just ignore those types of matchups when we see them. :D

I got into G5 with a bad team.  My team is still not that great.  I got there with patience.  I stopped playing battles that I could not win.  Like with Paragaon, this has become a battle that I can win.  I spent a long time avoiding battles with many champs.  Now, I have some ability to win.  The list of champs that I avoid is getting smalller.  

Patience.  And no, I dont have much patience.   lol

Aug 2, 2022, 21:3008/02/22
03/07/22
fordesman

Scyl  has  stun.  0  landed  in  5  minutes

I was having  this trouble in Area too - and I figured it out. 

For *some* reason, the AI doesn't register Paragon's "Damage Control" as a buff - same thing happens in Faction Wars. However, take your chamios OFF OF AUTO battle, and manually land the remove buffs or stun, etc. and the battle is over. Frustrating, but not impossible to do. Also, Remember that ACC for landing the removes is important. If the Paragon is in maxed-out Resist gear your ACC might not be strong enough to land and remove their buff. 

Aug 2, 2022, 22:0008/02/22
06/25/20
LadyIsarma

I was having  this trouble in Area too - and I figured it out. 

For *some* reason, the AI doesn't register Paragon's "Damage Control" as a buff - same thing happens in Faction Wars. However, take your chamios OFF OF AUTO battle, and manually land the remove buffs or stun, etc. and the battle is over. Frustrating, but not impossible to do. Also, Remember that ACC for landing the removes is important. If the Paragon is in maxed-out Resist gear your ACC might not be strong enough to land and remove their buff. 

It's not so much that it doesn't register it as a buff. It's more that once the enemy HP drops below a certain threshold (~15%), the AI is programmed to stop using abilities. This is likely because in many cases, when they are that low in HP, a simple auto-attack is enough to finish them off, leaving them with their cooldowns for the next wave.

You'll see this often on solo fights against bosses, where once the boss drops low, they just stop using their moves, unless they are explicitly programmed to use them.

Aug 2, 2022, 23:5108/02/22
11/05/19

Rotos blows him away with his A3, so, is not a problem for me. It's my "Free Jail card" against those pesky Paragon

Aug 3, 2022, 13:0308/03/22
04/19/20

more accuracy  and thats it  problem solved 

paragon is king for beginner players when you got him

no need to nerf