All Categories

PARAGON NERF NOW

PARAGON NERF NOW

Search
Comments
Jul 2, 2022, 01:5907/02/22
02/13/21

@Angwil I know there's a limit to how many points you can lose each day, but I didn't know if this also applied to how many times you visually see wins/losses for your defense..  If so, this might explain why you aren't seeing any after a certain time

@fordesman A single paragon defense is ridiculously easy to counter once you know it.  It is a cheap trick used to catch unsuspecting players, but once you identify it then it is a free win.  Rae in your team should remove the buff, but you can bring in any lowly built champion with a buff remover or crowd control and end the fight pretty quickly.

One other thing that I do want to mention is that I want to make sure you aren't underestimating the value of Accuracy on champions.  I know it is likely that you have intentionally built your Rae champion without accuracy to focus on damage, as I assume she is your nuker, and this is fine.  In general though, accuracy is one of the most important stats after speed for any champion in the game, because if you cannot land your debuffs then there's no point in having that champion in the battle 

Jul 2, 2022, 06:1707/02/22
06/28/21
fordesman

List  3  since  you're  so  good?  Scyl  has  stun.  Rae  has  freeze  &  remove  buffs.  Ma'Shallad  has  true  fear  &  steal  buffs.  Nothing  is  working  so  i  don't  get  it?

Typpically it will be an erteme high resistance nd the typical accuracy oon Scyl is around 210, which iis not enough to land the stun.

Some level 60 champ in a stun set will get past that,,since the application ffrom set is only affected by chsnce to apply and resist/accuracy is irrelevant.

Jul 2, 2022, 08:1407/02/22
05/03/20
Trips

I was directly toxic, please don't ruin my reputation. I point blank suggested anyone who can't beat a solo paragon is lacking basic knowledge of this game.  Aka not very bright. 

Good luck next time :)

I can kill a Paragon.  Does this mean I am promoted above NOOB?    lol

Jul 2, 2022, 14:0007/02/22
12/19/19
ClosedPoly

No 

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 2, 2022, 19:0707/02/22
02/24/19
Trips

No 

I'm with Trips on this lol

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 2, 2022, 19:2107/02/22
02/24/19

And 3rd, or 4th or 5th, on the Stun set.

That stun is 18%, but can't be resisted no matter the accuracy/resist numbers.

Just put ANYONE in it and click auto and Paragon drops dead fairly directly after when he gets stunned.

Jul 2, 2022, 19:2907/02/22
06/20/19
ClosedPoly

I  wouldn't  worry  about  it.    Being  a  noob  is  like...  the  4th  or  5th  on  the  list  of  your  problems  lol,  /jk  (couldn't  help  it)

Jul 2, 2022, 23:1407/02/22
02/29/20
Trips

I was directly toxic, please don't ruin my reputation. I point blank suggested anyone who can't beat a solo paragon is lacking basic knowledge of this game.  Aka not very bright. 

Good luck next time :)

That  wasn't  even  directed  at  you?  Some  would  argue  anyone  who  can't  operate  in  a  simple  forum properly is  probably  not very  intelligent  at  all..  

Some  would  also  argue  that  anyone  trying  to  flex  a  "reputation"  on  mobile  video  game  forums  probably  don't  have  much  going  for  them  IRL.  Just  assumptions  though  of  course!  :) :)

Jul 2, 2022, 23:1507/02/22
02/29/20
RoseRoyal

@Angwil I know there's a limit to how many points you can lose each day, but I didn't know if this also applied to how many times you visually see wins/losses for your defense..  If so, this might explain why you aren't seeing any after a certain time

@fordesman A single paragon defense is ridiculously easy to counter once you know it.  It is a cheap trick used to catch unsuspecting players, but once you identify it then it is a free win.  Rae in your team should remove the buff, but you can bring in any lowly built champion with a buff remover or crowd control and end the fight pretty quickly.

One other thing that I do want to mention is that I want to make sure you aren't underestimating the value of Accuracy on champions.  I know it is likely that you have intentionally built your Rae champion without accuracy to focus on damage, as I assume she is your nuker, and this is fine.  In general though, accuracy is one of the most important stats after speed for any champion in the game, because if you cannot land your debuffs then there's no point in having that champion in the battle 

Thanks  for  a  normal,  helpful response!

Jul 3, 2022, 02:2307/03/22
10/11/20

@fordesman , I hope you learned something useful regarding the Paragon trap, and will be ready next time. You know, you could've just click AUTO on your battle. Even though Paragon caught you off guard and you brought no accuracy on your champs, there's always a standard 3% chance of resisting/landing a debuff regardless of accuracy or resistence, so clicking auto and leaving it on for god-knows-how-long will, eventually, get you the win.

Nerfing the Paragon, on the other hand, is probably not something you would want, bc the same trick works both ways - people usually use him to cheese through NM Campaign on 12-7, so if you want to 3* it, you'll be lucky to have him, if you don't have anything better. I finished DT Hard on 2 rotations before fully clearing NM campaign, so that should tell you enough how difficult it can be.

Jul 3, 2022, 07:0507/03/22
06/30/21

*in bfor lock

Jul 4, 2022, 08:3707/04/22
10/15/20

If you see a paragon in the arena you know its going to be high resist, i would suggest if you cant deal with the paragon, dont attack it.

Just as if you see a cardinal you know its going to be in stoneskin, and if you see a gaius you know it will likely be in stoneskin. Again, either plan accordingly or do not attack it.

Jul 4, 2022, 10:4607/04/22

Hard to kill a Paragon? Just i say, no matter how high resist have a Paragon, because no 100% resist in the game. Always have a 3% chance to land a debuff. Just need to wait for proc on it.

I think in the pvp it's bigger threat the Stone Skin artifacts and more and more peoples use it, because everyone can reach it, who can fight with Hydra.

Jul 5, 2022, 20:0107/05/22
12/29/19

I just walk away some how i beat it every time when im not looking but a simple way just dont pick that team lots of other teams to beat lol 

Jul 5, 2022, 21:4807/05/22
09/11/17
killerclone187

I just walk away some how i beat it every time when im not looking but a simple way just dont pick that team lots of other teams to beat lol 

Yeah, same here.  I won't give the defender the satisfaction of rage quitting when they catch me off guard when I mindlessly hammer through defenses.  And you're right, better to just look away for a while.   I watched my Ma'Shalled land True Fear 3 times in one long high resist Paragon fight, each time thinking it was "finally over", only to watch me lose the RNG battle and he still able to cast the UK buff.  So frustrating.  Especially with all the leech only applications hitting the 3% mark, and failed buff removals too.  Eventually walked away.  Came back some time later, finally won it.   "A watched pot never boils".

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 6, 2022, 00:3007/06/22
Jul 6, 2022, 00:31(edited)
12/30/20
Messed Up Account Duke

Yeah, same here.  I won't give the defender the satisfaction of rage quitting when they catch me off guard when I mindlessly hammer through defenses.  And you're right, better to just look away for a while.   I watched my Ma'Shalled land True Fear 3 times in one long high resist Paragon fight, each time thinking it was "finally over", only to watch me lose the RNG battle and he still able to cast the UK buff.  So frustrating.  Especially with all the leech only applications hitting the 3% mark, and failed buff removals too.  Eventually walked away.  Came back some time later, finally won it.   "A watched pot never boils".

This. If you can't or don't want to deal with Stone Skin/high res Paragon: then don't. Just move onto the next fight. 

I definitely got clapped by it the first time by mindlessly clicking through defenses. too. 😴

Jul 6, 2022, 07:5507/06/22
Messed Up Account Duke

I always laughing when i see a single Paragon in arena. I never dont let go them. I always punishing them, because i hate those players, who trying too playing for long fight or playing for a "draw", because no draw in the game and the winner will be, the defender always, when players cant kill each others. I think it is a bad rule. Would better those people win who over damage the other player > kill more heroes  or made better overall points in time limit or in turn limit.

Jul 6, 2022, 19:3707/06/22
02/23/22

Bring speed or a debuffer...no need to nerf him

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 6, 2022, 22:1907/06/22
12/30/20
jdw-v7

Bring speed or a debuffer...no need to nerf him

Agreed on no need to nerf. Issue for some becomes dealing with Stone Skin Paragons. There are quite a few ways to deal with that, of course. 

Jul 7, 2022, 01:3607/07/22
05/03/20

Does it matter which champ is used with a stun set for Paragon?  My better champs are already geared.  Is there a specific type of champ that does the best job.