All Categories

Arena Medals Bottleneck

Arena Medals Bottleneck

Search
Comments
Mar 5, 2021, 20:2403/05/21
06/25/20
TheDude

This is probably the most flawed assumption in this entire thread.  Why?

Because for this to even sniff reality, you need your Skullcrown to have 100 crit, 200+ crit dmg, 3000+ atk...and I'm being VERY conservative in those numbers lol...because without decrease defense or increase attack I'm sure you need even higher than that.

Even with my Robar, I don't nuke other teams.  Robar is slow so I'm not talking about when he doesn't get a turn, I'm talking about when he does get a turn.  He has 93 crit, 185 crit dmg, 2800 atk PLUS decrease defense...and he doesn't wipe anything in classic arena.  I get victories because my team ends up winning sometimes, but the point is, with those numbers, he never just "wipes" the speed teams.

F2P accounts will struggle mightily to even come close to the actual numbers that are required to "one-shot" anybody.  And Skullcrown is a uniquely great champ, but Robar actually has higher dmg modifiers than she does.  

So, having Skullcrown is nice but it means absolutely nothing (like literally nothing) if you don't have the gear that is required to make that hero formidable in arena.

Go ahead and post your Skullcrown stats and prove me wrong.

I'll wait.

I don't use her. I speak from experience being *against* them. And I can tell you I have definitely lost against solo SK teams with my arena offense team (Khatun, Bigun, Abbess, Royal Huntsman). My team relies on going first, and generally kills the other team on the first turn. If they don't die on the first turn, usually I get a second attack. But against SK, I have to open with Bigun's stun, and if it doesn't land, very often the SK kills my team off with counterattacks, and if not, finishes it on her turn. 

Mar 7, 2021, 16:3203/07/21
11/14/20
kramaswamy.kr

I don't use her. I speak from experience being *against* them. And I can tell you I have definitely lost against solo SK teams with my arena offense team (Khatun, Bigun, Abbess, Royal Huntsman). My team relies on going first, and generally kills the other team on the first turn. If they don't die on the first turn, usually I get a second attack. But against SK, I have to open with Bigun's stun, and if it doesn't land, very often the SK kills my team off with counterattacks, and if not, finishes it on her turn. 

Sure, if you can get SK the stats she needs.  Again, it's gear.  F2P players play the game at a different level, as you would expect, and gear is a huge problem.  This leads to us getting smacked in arena all the time.  The issue remains the same.  It's why I don't pay much attention to arena anymore.

Mar 8, 2021, 16:5903/08/21
10/21/20

Can I suggest getting medals for success in defence too? 

Most of my points come from defending instead of winning as I am in gold 4 and the teams are just so stupid as my team is at 93k and the teams I face are 200+ 

Mar 9, 2021, 13:2103/09/21
01/31/21

Arena matches are +-3 account levels against your account level.

My new F2P account has 35 days, i was extreamly lucky to get Zavia from Ancient shard on day 3 or 4

I managed to complete arena missons up to rank great hall level 4 before day 20/account level 35

And before i reach account level 40 i was in silver I / silver II without problems with my initial team:

Daibolist -40/Warmainden-50/Zavia-60/Kael-60, with average gear on them

Once i passed account level 40 (with continous improvement of my team now account level is 46) i stuck on B3/B4 since then.

Now my team is 

Diabolist L40 speed 224 (113 from gear) + lore of steel

Dhukk L50 speed 185 ACC190 CR 87

Zavia L60 speed 178 CR105

Kael L60 speed 179 CR 101

And most of the opponent teams are 90 -120k, with all pre-fight prediciton i can pick one or two 70-80k

teams and hope for best. All speed (HK on lead) teams have power 1/3 or 1/2 less than mine but are still faster or teams that have so much DEF/HP that cannot one/two shoot them

I have HK in garage, and can swap Diabolist gear to her, but not sure if HK will be faster

My point is that for F2P mission progression important is to not over rush account and focuse on arena from begining 

80% of teams on B4 have 3-4 fully 6* leggos, 

Attached my average B4 arena opponents roll:D 

i

i

Mar 9, 2021, 15:0503/09/21
09/21/20

The second lot look not much differnt to what I'm seeing today in Bronze 1or 2.

Afraid your point mainly seems to be (barrring possibly knowing more about setting the team up) you got very lucky with an overpowered lego for that stage of your account and got your great hall going becuase  of that as well. There is no way you would get to silver at this time with a team in average kit. 

That's the issue anyone trying to progress now is finding.

The problem is the broken arena breaks a lot of other stuff that gets ignored - great hall advantage biases those already higher up the arena system in the whole game becuase of the extra little bonuses, classic arena tournaments are a joke becuase you can't get the points fast enough if you're stuck lower down, you can't progress so can't get better awards etc.

Mar 9, 2021, 15:1703/09/21
01/31/21

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the gold/plat levels have player max capacity? if so all gold tiers should be unlimitedas b1/b2 is, otherwise all levels will be saturated to the limit as player base grows over time

Mar 9, 2021, 15:3503/09/21
04/14/20
tanthil

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the gold/plat levels have player max capacity? if so all gold tiers should be unlimitedas b1/b2 is, otherwise all levels will be saturated to the limit as player base grows over time

No, only platinum has limited capacity (and the tiers in tag team arena). 

Mar 9, 2021, 19:0003/09/21
Mar 9, 2021, 19:00(edited)
08/22/20
Drambuie

The second lot look not much differnt to what I'm seeing today in Bronze 1or 2.

Afraid your point mainly seems to be (barrring possibly knowing more about setting the team up) you got very lucky with an overpowered lego for that stage of your account and got your great hall going becuase  of that as well. There is no way you would get to silver at this time with a team in average kit. 

That's the issue anyone trying to progress now is finding.

The problem is the broken arena breaks a lot of other stuff that gets ignored - great hall advantage biases those already higher up the arena system in the whole game becuase of the extra little bonuses, classic arena tournaments are a joke becuase you can't get the points fast enough if you're stuck lower down, you can't progress so can't get better awards etc.

Same problem here, it sucks hard.

Mar 9, 2021, 21:2003/09/21
05/03/20
Robert Lucas

Final thought is if I pull arbiter from shards then I will stop doing the missions the rewards aren't worth the arena missions headache 

the mission rewards get so much better the further you get. They end up giving like 10 void shards over 1k gems and a lot of 5s and 6s full gear sets, along with epic and lego skill books.

Mar 9, 2021, 21:3003/09/21
05/03/20
Robert Lucas

I'm not impressed with skullcrowns damage her stats are better than galeks but he out damages her by far he is my main nuker.  I'm guessing it's set related her gear is good.

with skullcrown you want to focus on 4 things only.

Atk%

Crite Rate

Crit Damage

Speed

My Skullcrown only has about 200% crit damage but has 100% crit rate and she hits for close to 100k damage on her A2 and about 60k damage on her A1. Its not the greatest she can have, just what i was able to get her to with the gear that i have. 

Put skullcrown as your lead champ (unless you have a better speed lead champ) and if you have a seeker use him as well for the atk boost and turn meter boost, use a def down and/or weaken debuff and you basically got an unber nuke team.

Mar 9, 2021, 21:3703/09/21
Mar 9, 2021, 21:40(edited)
08/22/20

i wish i had skullcrown , then it would be a lot easier.

I have her on my other account. I wish I could transfer her to this account.

Mar 9, 2021, 21:4103/09/21
05/03/20

See I used to think the same thing until I learned so much more about the game.

Like team synergy and what buffs and debuffs and stats are needed. Just because its a legendery or epic champion doesnt mean that its gonna be strong or work with the rest of the team. It could be a champ that is more suited for PvE than PvP. You should look for champs that will give you an atk boost or turn meter boost or speed boost and champs that will cast def down and/or weaken so the other team takes more damage. You will need around 250 speed before any auras or buffs take effect. 

What you need to do is focus more on the rest of the game and arena will come naturally. Me personally I am playing close to 1 year and i still have not finished the arby mission, because it takes a lot to have a team that will work right and do well in arena.

Mar 10, 2021, 01:1503/10/21
01/31/21

Does High Khatun's speed aura apply to her base speed stats as well? Or only for other team members?

Mar 10, 2021, 07:2703/10/21
07/01/20

I have noticed that in Arena when I win I only get 9 or 10 points when I lose 11, I did this exercise I lost with the same team that won and I saw that I was right. I think it is impossible to move forward. 

i

Mar 14, 2021, 01:0003/14/21
06/05/17

query??  what the Hell happened to arena combat??   in a matter of 5 days and 100 spent gems I went from Gold lvl1 down to Bronze lvl 3 the opponients are unbeatable...team power doeesn't matter...it is absolutely frustrating!!   not fun anymore... all I want is to compete w/ teams on my lvl not the uber-powered teams    ty for listeing  

Mar 14, 2021, 01:3403/14/21
01/31/21

i gave up already, wasnt able to stay in S1 to get 400 silver for mission

Mar 14, 2021, 12:2903/14/21
04/14/20
Oracle

I have noticed that in Arena when I win I only get 9 or 10 points when I lose 11, I did this exercise I lost with the same team that won and I saw that I was right. I think it is impossible to move forward. 

i

It depends on what your rating is relative to your opponent. If you have exactly the same rating, then a win would net you 10 points, with a loss you'd lose 10 points. If you have a higher rating at the time of the attack, then you lose more points for a loss and win less for a win, like in your situation here. If you have a lower rating at the time, it's the other way around. 

Next time you get a new refresh of arena opponents, go down the list and look at the points you can get from each victory. Since every refresh will get you a mix of people a bit lower than you, around the same rating as you and a bit higher, ranked from lowest to highest, you will also see that the points per victory are the lowest for the enemies at the top and the highest for those at the bottom. 

Mar 14, 2021, 14:5703/14/21
04/01/20

I love to see how many good advise we have in the when the solution is dam easy.

Every Monday reset all Defense teams to be need of login and save it again to be able to do any Arena. Inactives gone. End of story.

At the moment Arena list is based on your account level. If you are level 45 you will see teams around your level. And if you are not high spender(200 per month) you probably have at this point just  some basic team becouse you spend a lot time in 12.3 and retrospectively you gain account level faster.

First year after game was released many people just warmaiden,  spirit host , kael combo easy to gold, believe me this is impossible now. BUT campaign mission said when I farm HARD I should be able to do Silver 1 easily......really!!!!

Just campaign mission need change.

Mar 14, 2021, 15:1903/14/21
01/31/21

Basically Plarium didnt review missions/arena since begining so all things shifted and need to be sync again

Mar 16, 2021, 18:1703/16/21
08/04/20

Would be so nice and simple to fix the arena bottleneck, for example matching players in the same range of overall POWER instead of LEVEL.  Is this really THAT difficult to achieve? 🤔

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.