All Categories

Has Plarium Ever Even Once Buffed Under-Powered Champions?

Search
Jul 5, 2019, 00:1307/05/19
05/16/19

I have only been playing for about 2-3 months or so now.  However, I have seen two patches come and go now where they completely neglected under-powered champions like Astralith and Tomb Lord.  They keep claiming they are aware of it and are working on it, yet patch after patch, that proves to be a lie.  Meanwhile, I have heard of multiple nerfs, including the most recent where they drilled Pain Keeper into a shallow grave.

Do they just never buff champions?  Is it always just nerfs in hopes we will spend more money on more shards to replace them?  I am just curious, because I am debating on whether I am going to just delete this app and walk away, or if there is hope that at times, they do fix/buff champions that need it?
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 5, 2019, 01:2707/05/19
04/19/19
No. They haven't even released any new content yet. 
Jul 5, 2019, 01:3007/05/19
05/13/19

God said:

I have only been playing for about 2-3 months or so now.  However, I have seen two patches come and go now where they completely neglected under-powered champions like Astralith and Tomb Lord.  They keep claiming they are aware of it and are working on it, yet patch after patch, that proves to be a lie.  Meanwhile, I have heard of multiple nerfs, including the most recent where they drilled Pain Keeper into a shallow grave.

Do they just never buff champions?  Is it always just nerfs in hopes we will spend more money on more shards to replace them?  I am just curious, because I am debating on whether I am going to just delete this app and walk away, or if there is hope that at times, they do fix/buff champions that need it?

I believe Tomb Lord is 1 of the best Legendary heroes in the game despite the review ratings!

I believe Tomb Lord is a total monster which has been given a bad label by the Raid community!

I don’t own Tomb Lord, maybe If I did I own Tomb Lord, I would feel different.

However, I do have experience in Raid players falsely labeling heroes bad!

I have seen it done to so many times!

I was level 5 in the game when people told me to sacrifice WarPriest to level up my Kael.

They said WarPriest was food!

I used WarPriest in Clan Boss, until I was level 40.

I managed to finally get an alternative Healing hero at level 40.

If I would have listened to those morons in chat telling me to sac. WarPriest at level 5, I would have suffered for 35 more levels!

I was also in the game when people told me Spider - Epic Hero from Dark Elves was Food.

They said Spider was total garbage!

The reviews on Spider were all negative.

Spiders Review Rating was 2.5-3 (Basically only red or orange color ratings).

There was literally no green ratings for Spider!

They also told me only an idiot would use Epic Tomes on Spider.

I still own a maxed skilled Spider!

I still use Spider!

The Reviews on Spider are now in the 4-5 rating range (Basically green color ratings)

I knew Spider was good from the beginning despite what others had to say.

And I feel the same way about Tomb Lord

Jul 5, 2019, 02:1407/05/19
02/27/19
Nope. I would invest in some uncommons over Astralith. 
Jul 5, 2019, 02:4907/05/19
Jul 5, 2019, 02:56(edited)
05/16/19

Player J said:

I believe Tomb Lord is 1 of the best Legendary heroes in the game despite the review ratings!

I believe Tomb Lord is a total monster which has been given a bad label by the Raid community!

Not sure why you think he is a monster.  But yea, it's because you don't have him and haven't played with him. 

There is a list of things wrong with him.  For starters, his [Blight] debuffs (A3) only have an 80% chance to apply and can be resisted.  There are rares who have debuffs that can't be resisted, yet his can be.  So, you have to pump accuracy into him, decreasing his damage.  Then, you have to hope that the enemy doesn't resist, or else it's just a wasted turn, as A3 does NO damage, just debuffs.

And his A1 and A2 damage is a joke.  Plus, the skills contradict one another.  A1's debuff is dependent on the attack being a crit, yet A2 gives an automatic crit at ascension, and A3 is again not even an attack.  So, gearing for crit just for A1 when all it does is give a slow debuff makes no sense.  And his single target attacks, which is all he has, do FAR less damage than not only other single-target champions, but it's even FAR less than ones that do AoE damage.  So, his damage is a complete joke, single target, and the one and only thing he does that is nice is his [Blight].  However, the issue though is even though he debuffs, he also takes up a spot for the entire fight, and with how little damage he does, he is not worth the debuff.

Plarium has even acknowledged on numerous occasions that both Astralith and Tomb Lord are under-powered.  In fact, someone else brought it up in the patch notes to Marius today, and he even acknowledged they are aware of it and that both of those champions are on their list of things to fix.  However, they have been "aware of it" for months upon months, and yet do nothing while pumping out new junk uncommons.  It makes NO sense.

Jul 5, 2019, 06:4207/05/19
Jul 5, 2019, 06:43(edited)
05/13/19

God said:

Player J said:

Not sure why you think he is a monster.  But yea, it's because you don't have him and haven't played with him. 

There is a list of things wrong with him.  For starters, his [Blight] debuffs (A3) only have an 80% chance to apply and can be resisted.  There are rares who have debuffs that can't be resisted, yet his can be.  So, you have to pump accuracy into him, decreasing his damage.  Then, you have to hope that the enemy doesn't resist, or else it's just a wasted turn, as A3 does NO damage, just debuffs.

And his A1 and A2 damage is a joke.  Plus, the skills contradict one another.  A1's debuff is dependent on the attack being a crit, yet A2 gives an automatic crit at ascension, and A3 is again not even an attack.  So, gearing for crit just for A1 when all it does is give a slow debuff makes no sense.  And his single target attacks, which is all he has, do FAR less damage than not only other single-target champions, but it's even FAR less than ones that do AoE damage.  So, his damage is a complete joke, single target, and the one and only thing he does that is nice is his [Blight].  However, the issue though is even though he debuffs, he also takes up a spot for the entire fight, and with how little damage he does, he is not worth the debuff.

Plarium has even acknowledged on numerous occasions that both Astralith and Tomb Lord are under-powered.  In fact, someone else brought it up in the patch notes to Marius today, and he even acknowledged they are aware of it and that both of those champions are on their list of things to fix.  However, they have been "aware of it" for months upon months, and yet do nothing while pumping out new junk uncommons.  It makes NO sense.

Yes, people see the negative things in heroes.

They often overlooked all of the positive things which some heroes bring to the table.

Your list of flaws with Tomb Lord demonstrates exactly what I mean.

Tomb Lord [Blight] Debuff (A3) only has an 80% chance because you haven’t invested Legendary Tomes in Tomb Lord.

Tomb Lord chance can reach 100% Chance fully upgraded.

Tomb Lord (A3) can reduce to a 5 Turn Cool Down once the skill is maxed.

Tomb Lords (A3) becomes one of the best skills in the game with the ability to Decrease Atk + Def + Turn Meter all in 1 Skill.

Tomb Lords (A1) & (A2) are very good.

Tomb Lords (A1) doesn’t need to Crit.

Why should we care if the 30% Speed Debuff sticks?

It is an A1 skill after all.

A1 Debuff skills in general are hit or miss.

No one should lose sleep over there A1 Debuff not landing.

The important thing to take note is the amount of hits the A1 does.

Tomb Lords A1 does 3 hits which is marvelous!

Tomb Lord (A2) is extremely amazing.

Tomb Lord (A2) skill Crit’s with out using any Crit Rate. Fantastic! 

Tomb Lord (A2) can also Place 3x 5% poisons on all hero’s if the skill kills a hero. Brilliant!

It’s so amazing.

Than we move on to Tomb Lords (A4) which you didn’t even mention.

Tomb Lords (A4) is an Aura!

Tomb Lords (A4) is Arena Defense 42%

I want to ask a question!

Out of all the heroes in the entire game of Raid Shadow Legends, What is the name of the hero with the best Defense Aura in the game?

There is only one!

One hero who rules them all!

The True Lord of Defense!

Tomb Lord is the name!

Yeah, they say Tomb Lord is bad.

The reviews have down voted Tomb Lord to 2-3 ratings!

Plarium is thinking of doing a revamp on Tomb Lord.

I say they are all crazy!

Maybe, they say Tomb Lord is bad because they are bad at building him!

It doesn’t surprise me.

Look at the gear recommendations for Tomb Lord.

2 HP + 4 ACC - LOL

Yeah, following gear recommendations like that will make anyone think Tomb Lord sucks!

Accuracy Banner + Accuracy Sub-stats + Accuracy Great Hall is that not enough Accuracy for Arena?

I’m pretty sure it is more than enough.

Any who I have talked long enough.

Time for bed!

Have good one!

Jul 5, 2019, 07:5107/05/19
Jul 5, 2019, 13:18(edited)
02/14/19
Tomb Lord fully upgraded and linked with the right champions is beyond Op. People don't realise his potential. My team 170 power can get wiped by 89 power teams. 
CirillaAdmin
Jul 5, 2019, 13:2107/05/19
02/27/19
Hello! We have a whole list of the champions that we are going to re-balance in the upcoming patches - 1.9 and 1.10. Our game designers need to take some time to carefully review all of their skills and characteristics, run tests and, based on the results, decide what the best ways are to up the champs that have been under-performing so that they could start carrying out their initial destiny.
Jul 5, 2019, 14:5207/05/19
05/13/19
Cirilla said:

Hello! We have a whole list of the champions that we are going to re-balance in the upcoming patches - 1.9 and 1.10. Our game designers need to take some time to carefully review all of their skills and characteristics, run tests and, based on the results, decide what the best ways are to up the champs that have been under-performing so that they could start carrying out their initial destiny.
U realise a f lot of ppl are quitting because of your pain Keeper ridiculous nerf? U guys really need To speed up with the balances, slowest company with balance update ive ever seen. 
Jul 5, 2019, 15:0507/05/19
05/16/19

Cirilla said:

Your staff has been making the "balance" promise for months upon months, yet just like Faction Wars and other "coming soon" content, it never comes to fruition.

And I find it quite ironic that your company is so hesitant to balance champions, yet you will slam four simultaneous nerfs on Pain Keeper to the point where she is now no longer viable.  It would have been nice if your company took that same level of apprehension and care when you dug Pain Keeper a shallow grave.
Jul 5, 2019, 15:2207/05/19
Jul 5, 2019, 15:30(edited)
05/16/19

Player J said:

Yeah, they say Tomb Lord is bad.

The reviews have down voted Tomb Lord to 2-3 ratings!

Plarium is thinking of doing a revamp on Tomb Lord.

I say they are all crazy!

Ok, you ranted on and on and on about Tomb Lord, but the fact of the matter is that his skills contradict one another and that you have not seen firsthand how worthless he is when playing him yourself. 

You tried to use apologetics of "who cares that they contradict, you don't need this ability or that skill!"  It doesn't change the fact that the mechanics conflict with one another and as a result make no sense.

And then, you rant about how great his A2 is because it can spread poisons.  However, you go ahead and try to play with him, see how little damage his A2 does even with the crit, and see how slim your chances are of ever actually killing an enemy champion with that attack.    It doesn't matter if he can spread poisons so conditionally when that condition is nearly impossible to make happen because of how little damage he does.  You have NO idea of the odds, where you just happen to have his turn and an enemy just happens to have HP low enough to where you can kill them with it.  It would be different if the ability hit hard, but that is my point, that you have no idea how all those skills actually function and how useless most of it ends up being in an actual battle.  Not trying to be rude, but you are making a lot of ignorant assumptions from the outside with absolutely no clue as to how it actually pans out when using him.

And as far as his A3 reducing turn meters, A3 is a debuff that, unless cast right at the start of the arena battle (before the enemy blows their best cooldowns) is fairly worthless.  And since you want it cast at the start, obviously none of the enemy champions are going to be below 50% HP by that point.  And even if you maxed his skills, you really think in gold, you are going to have enough turns to cast A3 a second time later on again?  Seriously???  And even at max skills for 100% chance, it can STILL be resisted, so you STILL need accuracy to make him viable.

You are defending a champion you haven't even played with.  Maybe one day, you will get him and see our pain.  You will see that most your epics are FAR superior in arena compared to him.  I can fill that slot with any number of champions and do FAR better than when he is in that slot.  Aothar, Khallia, Magmablood, Kael, and a handful of other rares and epics that are FAR superior to Tomb Lord.  Again, you are looking at him from the outside without the firsthand experience.  There is a VERY good reason his ratings in-game are so low.

You come across as the type who would defend any champion you don't own to prevent them being a threat.  Your bias is quite obvious.  Do you also defend Astralith in her current state too?  I don't own her, but just looking at her skills and having fought her a handful of times in arena, I know she is a complete joke and feel for everyone who owns her.  Unlike you, I wouldn't defend her just because I don't own her.  Personally, I LIKE the idea of fighting champions I don't own and the thrill of having threatening encounters with other players.  Easy auto-fight wins are not fun to me.  The ones I have to earn by actually picking and choosing my attacks are what is fun to me.

Again, go ahead and play with him yourself, then get back to me on how "great" he is.  When player after player consistently ranks down a champion, there is usually a good reason for it.  And to say "most people just don't know how to use him" is a level of ignorance and incompetence that I am not even going to address here...

Jul 5, 2019, 21:0107/05/19
05/16/19

And to add, I certainly do know how to gear him:

Allow me to elucidate...  I am not a kid casually playing this game.  I was one of the top 3 world top warlock DPS in WoW back in the days of inception with vanilla to Cataclysm.  Not sure how much is still around online about it, but look up "Asçendant" from the guild "Zug Life" and you can probably still find some of my records.  I was even interviewed and later broadcasted on YouTube by Blizzard for a video guide at one point.  I set several top world records on several fights not just for my class, but for overall DPS in general on multiple encounters.  I not only learn game mechanics, I study and research them inside and out.

Why did I stop?  Kids, college, work, and a real life.  You eventually come to realize that a game is just a game.  What did being a world-class top DPS in WoW get me as far as anything tangible?  Nothing.  Some notoriety that eventually faded.  I like this game because it is easy to bring around with me as a time-killer here and there.  However, it is beginning to be far more of a headache than a pleasure with all their blatant pay-to-win in every single aspect of the game.

And no, not all of this gear is topped off.  It's because I knew it would be a waste of coin.  But again, as stated previously, I can place this same exact gear on multiple other champions and do FAR better in arena with them.

The champions I have who are superior to him in arena:

Magmablood

Kael

Executioner

Apothecary

Khallia

Aothar

Deathless

Royal Guard

Hordin

Nethril

Pain Keeper (even AFTER the nerf, STILL better than him)

And note I have Tomb Lord 2 levels away from 60.  Meanwhile, most of those champions on my list above are only at level 50, yet they are STILL far more viable than him in arena.  So yes, he is most certainly broken.

Jul 5, 2019, 21:1507/05/19
Jul 5, 2019, 21:17(edited)
03/16/19

i think tomb lord has amazing 3rd skill

in my opinion, they should change his 1st and 2nd skill to scale of his atk AND hp, also i think i would be nice for him, if his 2nd skill had the 70%chance (100% maxed) to land poison on the target AND THEN as a bonus, if he kills anyone, he would have the chance to place the poison on others

edit: for the buffs on others ... well, there was 1, but it was nothing significant, mainly damage adjustments
Jul 5, 2019, 22:1307/05/19
05/13/19

|God said:

Ok, you ranted on and on and on about Tomb Lord, but the fact of the matter is that his skills contradict one another and that you have not seen firsthand how worthless he is when playing him yourself. 

You tried to use apologetics of "who cares that they contradict, you don't need this ability or that skill!"  It doesn't change the fact that the mechanics conflict with one another and as a result make no sense.

And then, you rant about how great his A2 is because it can spread poisons.  However, you go ahead and try to play with him, see how little damage his A2 does even with the crit, and see how slim your chances are of ever actually killing an enemy champion with that attack.    It doesn't matter if he can spread poisons so conditionally when that condition is nearly impossible to make happen because of how little damage he does.  You have NO idea of the odds, where you just happen to have his turn and an enemy just happens to have HP low enough to where you can kill them with it.  It would be different if the ability hit hard, but that is my point, that you have no idea how all those skills actually function and how useless most of it ends up being in an actual battle.  Not trying to be rude, but you are making a lot of ignorant assumptions from the outside with absolutely no clue as to how it actually pans out when using him.

And as far as his A3 reducing turn meters, A3 is a debuff that, unless cast right at the start of the arena battle (before the enemy blows their best cooldowns) is fairly worthless.  And since you want it cast at the start, obviously none of the enemy champions are going to be below 50% HP by that point.  And even if you maxed his skills, you really think in gold, you are going to have enough turns to cast A3 a second time later on again?  Seriously???  And even at max skills for 100% chance, it can STILL be resisted, so you STILL need accuracy to make him viable.

You are defending a champion you haven't even played with.  Maybe one day, you will get him and see our pain.  You will see that most your epics are FAR superior in arena compared to him.  I can fill that slot with any number of champions and do FAR better than when he is in that slot.  Aothar, Khallia, Magmablood, Kael, and a handful of other rares and epics that are FAR superior to Tomb Lord.  Again, you are looking at him from the outside without the firsthand experience.  There is a VERY good reason his ratings in-game are so low.

You come across as the type who would defend any champion you don't own to prevent them being a threat.  Your bias is quite obvious.  Do you also defend Astralith in her current state too?  I don't own her, but just looking at her skills and having fought her a handful of times in arena, I know she is a complete joke and feel for everyone who owns her.  Unlike you, I wouldn't defend her just because I don't own her.  Personally, I LIKE the idea of fighting champions I don't own and the thrill of having threatening encounters with other players.  Easy auto-fight wins are not fun to me.  The ones I have to earn by actually picking and choosing my attacks are what is fun to me.

Again, go ahead and play with him yourself, then get back to me on how "great" he is.  When player after player consistently ranks down a champion, there is usually a good reason for it.  And to say "most people just don't know how to use him" is a level of ignorance and incompetence that I am not even going to address here...

You are making some strange assumptions about me.

I don’t own the hero, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t seen the Devastation a Properly Built Tomb Lord can cause!

Tomb Lord can be very devastating.

I don’t own Bad-El-Kazar or Roshcard the Tower?

Doesn’t mean I don’t have experience with them.

People tend to remember heroes who can spank them!

And if you think Tomb Lord can’t be devastating.

You are only fooling, yourself.

You haven’t played against every Tomb Lord in the game.

And from what you said previously.

You don’t know how to build Tomb Lord.

The answer to your (A3) question is YES!

You asked me if I believe a person can do Tomb Lords (A3) multiple times in Gold.

The answer is Yes!

I already showed you how to get Accuracy with Tomb Lord.

Accuracy Sub-Stats + Accuracy Banner + Accuracy Great Hall Bonuses - you will have enough Accuracy for Arena.

I would love pulling a Tomb Lord!

I wouldn’t trade a Tomb Lord for an Epic!

Have you lost your mind?

Trading the Master of Defense for a pitiful Epic?

No way!

You don’t know my type at all!

I’m the type that see’s Greatness and aspires to it!

Tomb Lord is great so I defend him.

If he was bad, I wouldn’t be here telling you he is awesome!

I have said nothing about Astralith.

I had to look Astralith up to even see who you were talking about!

Astralith is a Dark Elf Legendary that is bad.

I wish she could be good, but she isn’t good!

It’s horrible!

It’s sad!

If the game wanted to make Astralith better, They would have to alter 3 skills out of 4.

I didn’t design the hero.

I’m just an observer.

I mean if I had the power to make changes to Astralith.

I could make her better.

The first problem is with Astralith (A1).

It gives a random Turn Meter Refill.

No one wants a random hero to get a Turn Meter Refill.

What if it refills a hero who is already full or close to full?

What need to happen is the player using the hero needs to be able to have control on who gets the Turn Meter Refill.

You need to be able to chose the hero to fill up.

Or 

The game needs to say only the hero standing to your left can get the Refill.

This will allow players some control who gets the Refill.

The second problem is with Astralith (A2).

Bombs are terrible on this hero.

The hero should have AOE - with a provoke Debuff + give herself a 2 Turn Unkillable Buff.

You want an Unkillable Buff on this particular hero!

The third problem with Astralith (A3).

It is on a 7 Turn cool down.

It can reduce to 5 which is still to much of a Cool Down.

They need to reduce it to like 3.

Astralith would than be awesome!

So what you would do is use Astralith (A2) Provoke the enemy into attacking you till your health is low.

They wouldn’t kill you because of the Unkillable Buff.

Than Astralith would use her (A3) to flip the low Health she has onto an opponent monster.

She would gain all there health + attack them with Default (A1).

The (A1) could than trigger to Refill the Turn meter of a specific hero!

Astralith (A4) Accuracy of 90% which is the best Accuracy amount in Raid Shadow Legends would help the Provoke Debuff stick!

She would be a gimmick hero, but 100% better than what she is right now.

So my Take on Astralith is she is horrible, but we could envision a rebalance were Astralith skills could have relevance.

The reviews only show rating.

They don’t give an explanation on why they are voting Tomb Lord down.

I have seen people vote heroes down because they hate the color blue and that hero was wearing the color blue.

Why should we trust a label with no explanation or no research of our own?

I’m not a bad person for rejecting spoon feed ratings.

I use the rating as a reference, not as a manifesto to dictate all my actions.

I have the right to do that.

Most people don’t know how to use Tomb Lord?

It doesn’t demonstrate ignorance or incompetence.

It demonstrates truthfulness & facts!

Most people in the game are beginner.

It’s a fact a large group of players will not know how to build or use Tomb Lord properly.

It’s a fact a large group of players will not know how to build or use Tons of Hero's properly.

Jul 5, 2019, 22:3507/05/19
05/13/19

glizdazla said:

Tomb Lord fully upgraded and linked with the right champions is beyond Op. People don't realise his potential. My team 170 power can get wiped by 89 power teams. 

Thank You, Glizdazla!

I have tried to tell people about the Power potential of the Tomb Lord!

They refuse to listen.

Jul 5, 2019, 23:2607/05/19
05/16/19

Player J, there just isn't any reasoning with you here.  You have clearly made up your mind, because somewhere along the lines, someone with a well-geared Tomb Lord beat you, and you blamed it all on Tomb Lord.  Your fear is misplaced J.  He is not the droid you are looking for. :P

You know what?  There was one time, I ran into Hexia.  First time I ever saw her in arena.  She single-handedly completely destroyed me.  Killed one of my champions in one shot, then got an extra turn because of it, killed another of my champions in one shot.  I figured she was a glass-cannon, so I tried to burn her down with Deathless.  She took the hit no problem, maybe knocked 10% of her HP off her at best, then she counter-attacked my Deathless with a hit so hard it took off half her life (and I have her geared to the teeth with defense at lvl 60 with max skills).

After that experience, I figured Hexia was OP as hell.  I figured that I need to take her out of my vault, max her out, and gear her up.  Wasted my time doing so, all to realize the player was a long-term vet, who had all the masteries capped, gear capped, skills capped, etc.  They were only temporarily in silver testing out some new stuff they had maxed out.  It was just bad timing on my part to run into such a seasoned vet in silver.

And as far as your criticism of "oh, you don't know how to gear Tomb Lord."  Rather than talk trash, tell me exactly what I was doing wrong?  And you clearly ignored half of what I wrote - or you just didn't understand it.  I used the gear that was on him as "control gear," meaning I used it on several champions to test them out and compare them to one another on the same exact playing field gear-wise.  Sure, i could give him more defense and just focus on his debuffs and poisons.  I could focus on his crit on A2 to spread poisons.  I am well more than aware of specific gear I could toss on him to make him a *little* more viable.  Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that he hits VERY weak, his debuffs are VERY hit or miss since they can be resisted and/or removed, and he is too situational to be viable.

One Spirithost in the opposing group, or another anti-debuff/debuff removal champion, and he is 100% worthless.  Without A3 being effective, he is worthless, as A1 and A2 are NOT, I repeat, NOT capable of hitting hard in their current state.  No matter how much you try to argue otherwise, I have compared his hits in the SAME gear with the SAME stats to MULTIPLE other champions, and he consistently hits FAR weaker, even compared to the champions I have that are only at 50 compared to his current 60 (just maxed him this afternoon).

I toy with him from time to time in fights where my points are above theirs, but I don't dare bring him into a fight where the opponent's points are around or higher than mine.  Even at 60, he gets one-shot VERY easily, and again, he doesn't hit hard enough to be worth a spot.  Sometimes, I luck out, and his debuff weakens an attacker or healer and I take them out.  Sometimes due to bad RNG, he only weakens the shield on a HP champion that I know would be a waste to try to burn down.  Even at 100% chance, it doesn't change the fact that it can and does get resisted sometimes.  And while I don't know the exact mechanics of accuracy currently (I don't think anyone truly does yet), what I do know is that no matter how much accuracy you have, there is always a chance you can get resisted.  I had one team earlier today, where when I went to cast his A3, not a single champion took the debuff.  No idea why - they must've had a ton of resistance.  Regardless, it was a wasted turn.  By the time he would've had a second turn, he was on the ground dead.  The only use he had was empowering my Deathless, and it was only thanks to her that I won.

With that said, Deathless is a MUCH different story.  I would almost say that she is OP, if it weren't for the fact that her becoming powerful is dependent on my other champions dying.  And it can be hard to determine when to blow her [Grim Revenge].  But anyway, no matter how much you try and defend Tomb Lord, I know otherwise man.  I have been playing games like this since games like this existed.  When Atari first came out, I was there playing Pac-Man and Frogger ;).  When commodore 64 came out, I was there learning DOS programming.  You can't pull the wool over my eyes J, but kudos on the effort man. ;)

Regardless, doesn't really matter what either of our opinions are on Tomb Lord.  *IF* they ever do eventually buff champions, Tomb Lord is already on the list.  They aren't going to change that just because of either of our opinions of him.  So, maybe one day, we will see if they ever do buff/modify him.  Time will tell...

Jul 6, 2019, 01:5507/06/19
03/16/19

Player J said:

You're either a troll, or a very very emotional human being. That's quite an ode to a champion you don't have.

I don't have Tomb Lord, so I can only judge by skill descriptions:

A1 - nothing special, at all. Will most likely place debuff with crit rate around 40%, as it's 3-hit. But again, nothing special. May somewhat be useful on some bosses who're not immune to SPD reduction.

A2 - place 3 poisons on all, if kills an enemy... somewhat feasible in arena? So, the enemy ideally has to be weak affinity and low HP already after some other initiators. Otherwise, it's a waste of turn. Similar to Reinbeast's A2. Does it even trigger on auto? Then, what's the point of 3 poisons if you can simply use another damage dealer to finish them enemies off? Like, Relic Keeper would make more sense.

A3 - resets turn meter (great) of enemies with less than 50% HP (not so great). Again, someone has to half the enemy HP first, so TL can reset their turn meters. Then applying ATK/DEF debuff is cool, but you won't start a fight with this spell cuz you need enemies to be less than half HP. Which means, you will be placing debuffs after your team already half-way destroyed the enemy. Normally, you'd want to place debuff first, then do AOE, finish off. See conclusion on A2.

Aura: decent DEF buff on arena, if you're willing to experiment with DEF team. Arena is dominated by speed.

Verdict: ratings simply tell us that there are options to pick over TL, even from rares or epics. His skills are contradictory. A2 is simply pointless. Otherwise godlike A3 is ruined by HP condition.

Jul 6, 2019, 02:4707/06/19
04/19/19
There is no leg worse than Astralith.............This garbage desperately needs a gigantic buff.  
Jul 6, 2019, 14:1907/06/19
05/16/19

kalo said:

Player J said:

You're either a troll, or a very very emotional human being. That's quite an ode to a champion you don't have.

I don't have Tomb Lord, so I can only judge by skill descriptions:

A1 - nothing special, at all. Will most likely place debuff with crit rate around 40%, as it's 3-hit. But again, nothing special. May somewhat be useful on some bosses who're not immune to SPD reduction.

A2 - place 3 poisons on all, if kills an enemy... somewhat feasible in arena? So, the enemy ideally has to be weak affinity and low HP already after some other initiators. Otherwise, it's a waste of turn. Similar to Reinbeast's A2. Does it even trigger on auto? Then, what's the point of 3 poisons if you can simply use another damage dealer to finish them enemies off? Like, Relic Keeper would make more sense.

A3 - resets turn meter (great) of enemies with less than 50% HP (not so great). Again, someone has to half the enemy HP first, so TL can reset their turn meters. Then applying ATK/DEF debuff is cool, but you won't start a fight with this spell cuz you need enemies to be less than half HP. Which means, you will be placing debuffs after your team already half-way destroyed the enemy. Normally, you'd want to place debuff first, then do AOE, finish off. See conclusion on A2.

Aura: decent DEF buff on arena, if you're willing to experiment with DEF team. Arena is dominated by speed.

Verdict: ratings simply tell us that there are options to pick over TL, even from rares or epics. His skills are contradictory. A2 is simply pointless. Otherwise godlike A3 is ruined by HP condition.

OMG, you are right, this dude most likely is a troll.  A troll with a LOT of spare time on their hands, lol.  That is the ONLY thing that makes sense here.  I was like "how the hell are they going to defend Tomb Lord, and with the reasoning of a brick???".  LOL, I can't believe I fell victim to a troll. 

But yea, the A2 sucks because like you said, someone like Relickeeper or Hordir makes FAR more sense than some poisons.  And well said about A3's TM reset as well.  If you are able to last long enough in arena to where you are able to cast A3 again, you're doing something wrong IMO.  My encounters very rarely last more than 3 turns.  And by then, the enemy is so burnt down that debuffs like that make a marginal difference.  At that point, it is about finishing them off, not trying to weaken them.

A3 could be fixed fairly easily.  For starters, it should not be able to be resisted.  Even rares have skills that cannot be resisted.  And some legendaries completely incapacitate the enemy with freezes, dazes, or like Roshcard with his invincibility for the WHOLE team for not ONE, but TWO turns.  And meanwhile, this kid thinks that a debuffer that could be made worthless by even Spirithost, an easily farmable champion, is someone who is "great" lol. 

But yea, you're right, he's gotta be a troll.  Well played Player J, well played.  You did have me there for a bit. ;)

Jul 6, 2019, 20:1307/06/19
Jul 6, 2019, 20:15(edited)
05/13/19

1st - I would like to address Kalo prejudgements about me.

I’m not a troll.

I’m not emotional.

The OP made a post claiming Astralith & Tomb Lord are under powered.

I agree with Astralith being under powered.

I disagree with Tomb Lord being under powered.

I think Tomb Lord is a lot stronger than people make him out to be.

The review ratings make Tomb Lord seem like an average hero with ratings in the 3 range.

I believe Tomb Lord should be in the 4 range.

I believe the ratings given to Tomb Lord are wrong.

I believe Tomb Lord is a 4 star hero.

A 3 star hero is a hero who is average.

A 4 star hero is a hero who is above average which I think Tomb Lord is.

There is nothing Emotional or Troll-ish about a person stating there opinions about a hero.

2nd - I would like to comment on Kalo skill review.

Kalo judgement over T.L A1 = Nothing Special?

I disagree.

I believe T.L A1 is extremely good for an A1.

The A1 is a 3 Hit skill with a useful Debuff (SPD Reduction) which isn’t hard to get.

What more can a person really ask for from an A1?

The Debuff is applicable in Arena + Dungeon which is were this hero shines.

Kalo judgement over T.L A2 = Believes it is unreliable or only partially feasible in Arena.

I sort of agree with Kalo on the A2 being a little Shaky + more feasible in Arena.

I believe T.L A2 is reasonable.

It’s not bad.

It’s not good.

It’s somewhere in the middle

The positive thing the A2 does have going for it is the skill always Crit’s.

The positive thing the A2 does have going for it is the skill can potentially set off tons of poisons if it does kill a hero.

It is unreliable, but it can happen!

I feel saying this skill sucks is to extreme!

I have seen some garbage skills in my time here in Raid Shadow.

I have seen skills say do 1 hit and have 10% chance of placing a 30% Accuracy Debuff

I have seen skills say do 1 hit and have 10% chance of placing a 2.5% Poison.

I have seen skills say do 1 hit and have 10% chance of extra hit which never activates. LOL

Come on now, peeps!

You need to be completely honest with yourself!

I know you have seen trash skills out there.

You can’t possibly say this A2 is bad when it guarantees a Crit + has potentially to set up 3x stacks of a 5% Poison.

It is even the stronger Poison amounts!

It’s stacking 5% poisons vs. 2.5% poisons. 

I think if you look at the skill objectively.

You can reach the same conclusion as me.

It’s not great skill, but it’s not a bad skill.

It’s in the middle!

It’s a reasonable skill!

Kalo judgement over T.L A3 = See Conclusion on A2 = Kalo believe it’s unreliable. (Kalo says and I quote “...,you won’t start a fight with this spell cuz you need enemies to be less than half HP.)

I hope my next statement doesn’t come to you as a shock.

I strongly disagree with Kalo.

The A3 is doing 2 very strong Debuffs - Atk Down + Def Down!

HELLO! 

Of course, we are going to do the A3 first.

Atk Down + Def Down = Ice Cream Sundae!

It’s the Bomb!

The Turn Meter Reduction = The little Sprinkles on top of the Ice Cream Sundae!

You don’t really need the Little Sprinkles for the Ice Sundae to be the Bomb!

BUT IT DOESN’T HURT TO HAVE IT!

Think about it!

Mass AOE reducing Def + Atk.

The Def Down can set up a killer Hit of your own!

The Atk Down can reduce your opponent big killer hit!

Arena Offense Teams have used Def Down hero’s in Top Tier Meta play to Speed Burst Rival Teams!

Arena Defense Teams have used Atk Down hero’s in Top Tier Meta play to Tank + Counter Attack Rival Teams!

The fact Tomb Lord has both abilities in 1 skill allows Tomb Lord Flexibility!

It increases the usage ceiling of Tomb Lord in both Offense strategies + Defense strategies.

In addition, The skill has a 3rd ability which decreases Turn Meter if the opponent is less than 50% health.

The Turn Meter Reduction is inherently very good.

Turn Meter reduction can further help both Offense + Defense Strategies!

Flexibility allows Tomb Lord leverage in being able to run different gear set ups!

The hero can be built in different ways according to the role in which you plan to use him in!

The only other hero I can think of who has a similar concentration of skills equal to this skill is the hero Tayrel.

Tayrel is considered to be 1 of the best Epics in the game, but if you actually look at Tayrel skills.

You will see similarities in Tomb Lord A3 vs. Tayrel A2 + A3.

Tayrel has Def + Atk Down on his A2.

Tayrel has Turn Meter Down on his A3.

Tomb Lord has both skills compressed into 1 skill which is his A3.

No other hero which I have seen can replicate what Tomb Lord A3 brings to the table.

T.L A3 is a remarkable skill.

There should be no doubt in your mind that this skill is remarkable.

3rd - I would like to give my 2 cents about Cirilla comment on changing hero’s.

If the game wants to make changes to Astralith & Tomb Lord to make them stronger, I am not opposed to it.

I don’t mind small improvements done to hero’s.

I’m just not a huge fan of nerfs which weaken hero’s.

I think nerfs which weaken heroes can sometimes ruin a person only good hero leaving them with nothing left.

I have seen a lot of good people & friends quit over things like that.

It can be devastating seeing your only good hero because unplayable over night.

I have played dozens of games throughout my life.

I have quit games which have done drastic nerfs or game altering mechanic changes.

I think if a nerf or a buff does happen it should be on a slow gradual pace so that the change doesn’t become a total shock.

I would rather see 5 changes done to 1 hero slowly over a course of weeks vs. 1 change done to a hero in a single night.

I believe it makes the changes less of a blow. 

People may not be happy, but at least they can still use the hero vs. the hero being out right gutted.

I play games which do nerfs, buffs, balance changes, or bans.

I found most people are more tolerant if the game sets up a continuous schedule + gives a list of the hero’s potentially in line for a change.

I play a game called C&C Rivals.

The game makes balance changes to units every 2 weeks to 1 month.

They have a continuous schedule and everyone knows at the end of the month something will change.

Everyone knows it will happen & expects it to happen.

The changes are very small changes to increase or decrease units.

The fact changes happen a lot is a good thing!

The backlash for Pain Killer was so extreme because the Raid Shadows Legends doesn’t do balance changes very much.

The people who invested in Pain Killer feel as if they lost everything.

The same changes have happened in C& C Rivals, but the players don’t feel completely the same way.

The reason why is because the players don’t feel as if there investment is lost.

They feel the game is pushing for a certain agenda.

Than a week or 2 later the agenda will pass and new one will show up and the unit which was nerfed will get buffed.

Again, I am talking about 2 different games but I think similarities are parallel.

Jul 6, 2019, 21:2907/06/19
05/13/19

I would like to comment on the below post:

At the very top, God says she certainly does know how to Gear Tomb Lord.

My response to your statement is No, you don’t know how to gear your Tomb Lord.

• You have no ascension on your Tomb Lord.
  • You have no rings on your Tomb Lord.
  • You have no amulets on your Tomb Lord.
  • You have no banners on your Tomb Lord.

Your Tomb Lord has the following stats:

• 24k HP
  • 3.1k ATK
  • 1.1k DEF
  • 152 SPD
  • 23% CRIT R.
  • 76% CRIT D.
  • 56 RESIST 
  • 48 ACCURACY 

Your Tomb Lords stats are horrible.

You have geared your Tomb Lord has an Aggressive - Support Hero.

4 Speed + 2 Cruel gears.

I don’t agree with this set up, but if you feel like using it.

I can help you make it better.

Let’s explain why your Tomb Lord is bad.

Your Tomb Lord is slow!

I own a Kael with 152 SPD with no Speed Gear on my Kael.

My Kael is a Damage Dealer.

Your Support shouldn’t be equal to a damage dealer.

Your Support should have 200 SPD+.

You have bad Sub-Stats for your Tomb Lord.

You have bad Shoes for your Tomb Lord.

You should have 5-6 star Shoes with Speed Primary.

Anything else is unacceptable.

Your Tomb Lord Accuracy is trash!

Even if by a miracle, your Tomb Lord does manage to go first.

Tomb Lord A3 will be Resist with such poor Accuracy.

A Support Hero who’s goal is to place a Debuff, but can’t place a Debuff.

Horrible!

You should have 150 Accuracy.

Accuracy Banner can give you like 80 Accuracy if I remember.

Great Hall can give you 80 Accuracy maxed at 10.

You should have 160 Accuracy with no problem!

Even if you don’t have your Great Hall Accuracy maxed, You can still get Accuracy from Sub-Stats!

I see no reason why your Legendary hero shouldn’t have over 100+ Accuracy.

Horrible!

Your Tomb Lord Attack is at 3.1k.

Congratulations, your Tomb Lord has excellent attack damage!

Your Tomb Lord can bring the Pain!

To bad, your opponent will never feel that Pain.

Your DEF (1.1K) and HP (24K) is so low.

Your Tomb Lord is going to be 1 shot before you ever have chance to hit anyone with that 3.1k Atk.

Do you know what a Veteran Raid Shadow Legends Player once told me?

He told me when the game Raid Shadows was still in Beta Testing.

The game created a devastating hero known Big Man Sta.

Big Man Sta had 10,000 Attack.

Guess how many heroes Big Man Sta killed? 0

Why? Because Big Man Sta DEF & HP was 1 and dead hero’s kill no one.

Think about it!

So yeah!

You think Tomb Lord is bad.

It is because you built your Tomb Lord bad.

I think you need to make a lot of fixes.

The set up you have is for an Arena Offense set up.

It’s a viable set up, but it isn’t the only way to build Tomb Lord.

Tomb Lord is the Master of Defense.

You can make him a Tank, but it is more of an Arena Defense set up.