All Categories

State of Arena and Changes

State of Arena and Changes

Search
Comments
Apr 5, 2022, 01:0904/05/22
01/30/21

I was almost to Gold level 4, with lower level champions and stayed there for a while, then I started chasing legendary champions and the more I got, leveled them up and upgraded their skills the worst my fighters seem to get, now I am all the way down to silver level 2 and three, this has got to be a joke....Not chasing champions anymore just does not make any sense. I am getting very disenchanted

Apr 5, 2022, 01:1304/05/22
04/27/20

I am sure many besides myself, are gratified that Palarium has heard our complaints, and is taking corrective action! Of course, it remains to be seen how successful that attempt will be, but I, for one, am hopeful. Thank you, Palarium!

Now, add some ways for us to earn 5-star chickens! At least one every week or two.

Peace to you and yours.

Apr 5, 2022, 04:3404/05/22
12/19/19

i

Thats a lot of wins to move up, I concur that the opp list contains far too many way lower in points hence single digit gain opportunity with big negative points on losses for teams of generally the same strength. My last page i went 8 for 8, skipped 2 I thought I would lose and think was +60

Apr 5, 2022, 05:0504/05/22
Apr 5, 2022, 05:07(edited)
03/09/20

Spare us your excuses, if you cannot monetize it you will not fix it. I am ashamed that I stayed this long.......

Apr 5, 2022, 06:1604/05/22
Trips

i

Thats a lot of wins to move up, I concur that the opp list contains far too many way lower in points hence single digit gain opportunity with big negative points on losses for teams of generally the same strength. My last page i went 8 for 8, skipped 2 I thought I would lose and think was +60

I take a bet you facing with same opponents... :

i

Apr 5, 2022, 06:3604/05/22
03/30/21

It doesnt take much to lose one of the 'easy' fights, i just lost 15 points in an easy fight due to 2 random swift parries.

As for the comments about building teams that can beat a wider variety of opponent, well that isnt just dependant on 'more dragon' :) 

Personally have played over a year now, never pulled a siphi, rotos, hedge, valk, serries, krisk, warlord...

That is all down to luck and there comes a point in arena where it is quite limiting 

Apr 5, 2022, 09:3304/05/22
Apr 5, 2022, 09:47(edited)
10/08/20

Obviously, I am too weak for Gold 2. Been fun 12 months in Gold 4, though.

Just out of curiosity - did you do a mid-week reset of arena points? Or did I really get dumped exactly to the threshold by pure luck? Btw: This is one arena page

i

i

i

Apr 5, 2022, 10:0104/05/22
04/10/20

I've played for nearly 3 years never pulled any of the following:

Siphi, Rotos, Krisk, Warlord, Foli, Khymar, Hege, Tormin, Nekret, Trunda, Candra, etc

Yet all I seem to face in the arena (and 3v3) is various combinations of OP champs (these days with lots of empowerments too)

I've managed 1 speed triple roll in 3 years of alot of dragon farming (obviously no quads), so my Arbiter is way too slow

Depsite being on the wrong side of luck with this game I've done alright in PVE, cleared FW, DT hard (apart from that ridiculous Rhino), UNM daily, etc

I dont really bother with the waste of time that is Hydra

The arena has always felt a bit out of reach tbh but I used to manage to farm medals is G4 nicely and progress my great hall (still slower than I would like). Currently it's unplayable and playing it messes up my PVE game (losing the stat boost from loosing my previous tiers)

Dont get me wrong I love the game and dont want to stop playing but the Arena is just pissing me off right now

I really hope you can fix it but bearing in mind this current breakage was a 'fix' I'm not holding my breath

Apr 5, 2022, 10:2504/05/22
03/30/21
bill

I've played for nearly 3 years never pulled any of the following:

Siphi, Rotos, Krisk, Warlord, Foli, Khymar, Hege, Tormin, Nekret, Trunda, Candra, etc

Yet all I seem to face in the arena (and 3v3) is various combinations of OP champs (these days with lots of empowerments too)

I've managed 1 speed triple roll in 3 years of alot of dragon farming (obviously no quads), so my Arbiter is way too slow

Depsite being on the wrong side of luck with this game I've done alright in PVE, cleared FW, DT hard (apart from that ridiculous Rhino), UNM daily, etc

I dont really bother with the waste of time that is Hydra

The arena has always felt a bit out of reach tbh but I used to manage to farm medals is G4 nicely and progress my great hall (still slower than I would like). Currently it's unplayable and playing it messes up my PVE game (losing the stat boost from loosing my previous tiers)

Dont get me wrong I love the game and dont want to stop playing but the Arena is just pissing me off right now

I really hope you can fix it but bearing in mind this current breakage was a 'fix' I'm not holding my breath

Yeh much of it is down to luck.

I have pulled visix and venus (venus is decent) from voids... if that had been siphi and hedgemon, arena would be transformed on my account.

I have pulled 3 samar gemcursed and 3 errol's ... if 2 had been Rotos instead- arena becomes a different game.

Up to a point gear > champs, but there comes a point where that doesnt apply and you are at a big disadvantage without specific champs.

Apr 5, 2022, 11:1004/05/22
03/12/21

Something is definitely been messed up. Suddenly allmost everyone in my clan is dropping down through tiers like stones, I am barely able to keep in gold 4, the teams that are "level" with me are anything from 100 to 200 team power stronger than me (this never happened before). There a few teams with about the same team power, but their arena score is 300 less than mine. Wtf is going on???

Apr 5, 2022, 11:1604/05/22
03/12/21

Don't know how much longer I can hang on in gold 4, the opposing teams are getting stronger by the day, even though I am treading water in terms of  :(

Apr 5, 2022, 11:1704/05/22
03/29/20

Arena is ridiculous and has been for months now... It is not just gold 5 and platinum... I was in gold 4 for years and now can barely stay in gold 1... the problem is the number of players per tier is too low... furthermore, im playing against ridiculously powerful teams in gold 2 and 1 for what...? A 4 star piece of cr*p gear as a prize? How do you expect anyone to make progress when youre playing against teams of this difficulty nd receving junk... There is absolutely no difference iis the same as gold 2 and gold 3 and gold 4... unfortunately the game is much less fun and even frustrating like this... change it back to the way it was 2 years ago... 

Or add more players allowed per tier, better awards, 

Apr 5, 2022, 11:2104/05/22
03/30/21
yellamokara

Something is definitely been messed up. Suddenly allmost everyone in my clan is dropping down through tiers like stones, I am barely able to keep in gold 4, the teams that are "level" with me are anything from 100 to 200 team power stronger than me (this never happened before). There a few teams with about the same team power, but their arena score is 300 less than mine. Wtf is going on???

Add in the fun of arena freezing on the loading screen too (has cost me 28 points today)

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 5, 2022, 11:3704/05/22
02/24/19
CHUMP

Arena is ridiculous and has been for months now... It is not just gold 5 and platinum... I was in gold 4 for years and now can barely stay in gold 1... the problem is the number of players per tier is too low... furthermore, im playing against ridiculously powerful teams in gold 2 and 1 for what...? A 4 star piece of cr*p gear as a prize? How do you expect anyone to make progress when youre playing against teams of this difficulty nd receving junk... There is absolutely no difference iis the same as gold 2 and gold 3 and gold 4... unfortunately the game is much less fun and even frustrating like this... change it back to the way it was 2 years ago... 

Or add more players allowed per tier, better awards, 

Just wanted to mentioned there are no limits of players in any tier except Plat. If there are 800k people over 2900 ranking, that is how many are in G4 and G5. 

Perhaps you are suggesting improvements to the Tag Arena (3v3) tiers? Cause I agree they should be expanded.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 5, 2022, 11:3804/05/22
02/24/19
Trips

i

This is something we have discussed since the announcement yesterday. I am told that the intended matchmaking changes should help with this exact problem. 

I hope so, but we shall see how it goes though.

Apr 5, 2022, 12:0304/05/22
04/10/20

While we at it can we change the text of the advance quest:

"Fight in Classic Arena with a team from a single Faction" 

It might be more appropriate as 

"Lose a fight in the Classic Arena"

We could add some other fun quests too

"Mess up you CB team by dropping an arena tier"

"Lose a speed race"

"Spend 15 minutes in an arena fight then quit"

Sorry I'm getting increasingly bitter

Apr 5, 2022, 14:1704/05/22

The problems just growing and growing. The plat league players  deflate to lower leagues. My upper section contain just over 350k-450k opponents. Impossible to win against Dual +4 rotos 450k power teams with hege and shipi or similar top platinum type opponents.

Apr 5, 2022, 14:1904/05/22
Apr 5, 2022, 14:22(edited)
02/06/21

The proposed changes to be blunt do not address the problem, they read like tweaks playing around the margins and look as though they still don't really accept that Arena is fundamentally broken.

The real issue is this - 

Classic Arena is required player progression as PvE competence is locked behind it (Great Hall, Tier Bonuses, 2 Champions)

Plarium wants it to be a competitive system rather than a progression system, yet reward it as a progression system.

Pick one. Competitive or Progression. Take the other elements out and put them elsewhere.

I'm sure the argument would be "Ah but no one would play Arena if there were no rewards for doing so". Blind to the fact that no one really wants to play it as things stand.

Apr 5, 2022, 14:4304/05/22
02/28/22
bill

While we at it can we change the text of the advance quest:

"Fight in Classic Arena with a team from a single Faction" 

It might be more appropriate as 

"Lose a fight in the Classic Arena"

We could add some other fun quests too

"Mess up you CB team by dropping an arena tier"

"Lose a speed race"

"Spend 15 minutes in an arena fight then quit"

Sorry I'm getting increasingly bitter

I have to agree with you some of them could have been dreamed up by someone who has no idea how the game works or why we play it - why anyone thought fight with a single faction, or fight with each afinity, and the best (imo) clan boss with a rare on the team

Apr 5, 2022, 16:2904/05/22
11/29/20
Metailurus

The proposed changes to be blunt do not address the problem, they read like tweaks playing around the margins and look as though they still don't really accept that Arena is fundamentally broken.

The real issue is this - 

Classic Arena is required player progression as PvE competence is locked behind it (Great Hall, Tier Bonuses, 2 Champions)

Plarium wants it to be a competitive system rather than a progression system, yet reward it as a progression system.

Pick one. Competitive or Progression. Take the other elements out and put them elsewhere.

I'm sure the argument would be "Ah but no one would play Arena if there were no rewards for doing so". Blind to the fact that no one really wants to play it as things stand.

Whenever someone doesn't like some other aspect of the game (hydra, DT, fw, cb), the usual response is don't play that content.  Arena is definitely required if you DO want to play that other content however.  I can play Arena and never touch DT, it's very tough to do the reverse and meet the stat requirements without GH.

And the ultra-competitive plat players plarium is trying to please already have maxed GH's so they could care less about medals.

Arena went from pleasant for most to a grind for all.  Even the top tier players are contemplating throwing in the towel and moving on to greener pastures.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.