Special Champ Training Tourny

Special Champ Training Tourny

Search
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Mar 28, 2022, 15:0503/28/22
02/24/19
gonwan127

Have been fighting this guy for a week... 

Saved all my lvl3, 4,5 until the last 30minutes. 😁😁

i

Congrats on your new Mountain King!

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 28, 2022, 19:1303/28/22
12/30/20
Angwil

First let me say Kudos to second.  For 48 hours we were never more than 5K apart and lead changed several times.  Second let me say I will NEVER do this again.  It makes fusions seem relaxing.  Third, while I have 12 hours to go on my alt I'm pretty much got RG in the bag there as well.

Thanks for all the well wishing!  Oh, and I should be able to save this for CvC tomorrow (YEAH!).

i

You absolute legend. Congrats. 🎉

Mar 28, 2022, 19:4003/28/22
12/19/19

Grats angwil and other winners! 

Angwil, care to share how many gems and brews u had to use.  And how many 60s you made?

Mar 28, 2022, 20:2003/28/22
06/20/19

Thanks, and sure.  I had no energy going into this.  I used around 12K gems, so about 1/2 of what I had.  Off hand I think around 40 million silver.  Somewhere around 10.5K brews.  And practically zero potions left.

I made 13 6* and fully ranked them.  I debated making food for more, but that took 65 champ slots and it seemed just ranking my epics to 5* might be more efficient and I could do that without taking up slots and building my powder keg at the same time.  I leveled around 80 epics to 40, then about 1/2 of those were ranked to 5 and leveled.  Almost all of those were ascended to at least 3*.

Basically, I spent my time ranking up common/uncommon to 3* in campaign, then using brews to level them and rank them to 4*.  When I could hold no more in storage I'd use them to rank the epics to 5*.  That's about all I did until the last few hours.

I now have a rediculous collection that will never be fully used.  Probably 90% of epics in the game practically all at 40 if not 50.  It was a lot of resources and I don't pretend it was efficient, but it was fun and challenging.  And if this wasn't the time to use up all those hoarded resources, when would I possibly have used them lol?

Mar 28, 2022, 20:2703/28/22
06/04/21
Trips

Grats angwil and other winners! 

Angwil, care to share how many gems and brews u had to use.  And how many 60s you made?

<- Angwil

Thanks!  And I'll be glad to when my account is unbanned.  Not sure what I did but banned for spam.

Arouind 12K gems and 11K brews.  More details when I can.

Mar 28, 2022, 20:2903/28/22
06/25/20
NookieMonster

<- Angwil

Thanks!  And I'll be glad to when my account is unbanned.  Not sure what I did but banned for spam.

Just message one of the mods, they'll unban you. I have to do that like once a week lol

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 28, 2022, 20:4403/28/22
12/30/20
NookieMonster

<- Angwil

Spam bot has an itchy trigger finger. Welcome back to the land of the unbanned. 😉

Mar 28, 2022, 21:4603/28/22
06/20/19
dthorne04

Spam bot has an itchy trigger finger. Welcome back to the land of the unbanned. 😉

Thanks!!!

Mar 28, 2022, 22:4803/28/22
12/19/19
Angwil

Thanks!!!

Grats again, not gonna ask about the nookie monster name lol

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 28, 2022, 23:1103/28/22
02/24/19
Trips

Grats again, not gonna ask about the nookie monster name lol

Angwil has a much less PC side, I see....

i

lol

Mar 29, 2022, 02:1903/29/22
12/19/19
Angwil

Thanks, and sure.  I had no energy going into this.  I used around 12K gems, so about 1/2 of what I had.  Off hand I think around 40 million silver.  Somewhere around 10.5K brews.  And practically zero potions left.

I made 13 6* and fully ranked them.  I debated making food for more, but that took 65 champ slots and it seemed just ranking my epics to 5* might be more efficient and I could do that without taking up slots and building my powder keg at the same time.  I leveled around 80 epics to 40, then about 1/2 of those were ranked to 5 and leveled.  Almost all of those were ascended to at least 3*.

Basically, I spent my time ranking up common/uncommon to 3* in campaign, then using brews to level them and rank them to 4*.  When I could hold no more in storage I'd use them to rank the epics to 5*.  That's about all I did until the last few hours.

I now have a rediculous collection that will never be fully used.  Probably 90% of epics in the game practically all at 40 if not 50.  It was a lot of resources and I don't pretend it was efficient, but it was fun and challenging.  And if this wasn't the time to use up all those hoarded resources, when would I possibly have used them lol?

Well I can mock you for having the noob ratio of too many 50s to 60s now 😆 

I have no idea what most efficient would have been, but I probably would have made chickens til I had 5 5stars, made a 6star and brewed it up to 40 or so.  Then repeat.  So no 50s.  But if that is far less training points  (or more time consuming) than not a good idea since krisk was the only goal.

Great job, unreal saving for this... though that is only the 2nd reason u won.  Frigging rng in your favor on not getting a super whale (or CC) in your group. 

Id be pissed if I lost to a cc that gets a bunch of free resources. Losing to a whale is fair, the former... not so much imo.

Mar 29, 2022, 12:2203/29/22
02/14/21

I am really wondering at the amount of time this took you and do you look as beaten up as HH did in his vids about this event.

You could see him transform day by day, it was funny and sad .

Mar 29, 2022, 17:1803/29/22
06/20/19
Trips

Well I can mock you for having the noob ratio of too many 50s to 60s now 😆 

I have no idea what most efficient would have been, but I probably would have made chickens til I had 5 5stars, made a 6star and brewed it up to 40 or so.  Then repeat.  So no 50s.  But if that is far less training points  (or more time consuming) than not a good idea since krisk was the only goal.

Great job, unreal saving for this... though that is only the 2nd reason u won.  Frigging rng in your favor on not getting a super whale (or CC) in your group. 

Id be pissed if I lost to a cc that gets a bunch of free resources. Losing to a whale is fair, the former... not so much imo.

LOL, the ratio is not to bad, but just the volume is rediculous; 126 @ 60 (Krisk soon to be 127), and 85 each @ 50 and 40, not counting just food, though some of them should be food.

I wasn't sure about feeding to 5* or 6*, the number of 5* that could be leveled seemed to be a better option than eating them to make 6* then leveling, but I really have no data on that.  I did look at just leveling up both the 5/6* to around 35/45 respectively, and it would definitly have been worth more points if brews were limited.  But with the number of brews I had I was able to fully level all the champs and maximize the points so I just did that.   I definitly got a good draw on the group.

Mar 29, 2022, 17:2703/29/22
06/20/19
Minin

I am really wondering at the amount of time this took you and do you look as beaten up as HH did in his vids about this event.

You could see him transform day by day, it was funny and sad .

I didn't keep up with HH or anything really.  I'm currently between jobs or otherwise this wouldn't have been possible for me.  I spent all day every day basically just grinding food.  I get up early, anytime around 3 to 6 am, and didn't really worry at night, crashed when I was tired around 8 to midnight.  During the day I would make progress and crash with a decent lead, but at night it seemed the other players were more active and I'd wake down a bit.  I was pretty frazzled but not completely until the last weekend it was constant grinding and I only got 2 or 3 hours of sleep that last night before I woke at midnight tired as hell and started drinking coffe.  We just went back and forth till the last 15 minutes or so when I started brewing everything.  For a few minutes the game wouldn't let me upgrade everything and I was pretty sure I was going to be pissed, but it let me start upgrading again.  I didn't get everything quite leveled before the clock wound down.  Never checked just kept going and when I looked I had won.

LOL worse part was I couldn't get to sleep all day.  Yesterday was worse than the whole week of actual play.  Just frazzled as could be.

So, pretty much 7 days, 14 to 18 hours a day, just eating quick meals and taking short breaks.

Mar 29, 2022, 17:3603/29/22
02/14/21
Angwil

I didn't keep up with HH or anything really.  I'm currently between jobs or otherwise this wouldn't have been possible for me.  I spent all day every day basically just grinding food.  I get up early, anytime around 3 to 6 am, and didn't really worry at night, crashed when I was tired around 8 to midnight.  During the day I would make progress and crash with a decent lead, but at night it seemed the other players were more active and I'd wake down a bit.  I was pretty frazzled but not completely until the last weekend it was constant grinding and I only got 2 or 3 hours of sleep that last night before I woke at midnight tired as hell and started drinking coffe.  We just went back and forth till the last 15 minutes or so when I started brewing everything.  For a few minutes the game wouldn't let me upgrade everything and I was pretty sure I was going to be pissed, but it let me start upgrading again.  I didn't get everything quite leveled before the clock wound down.  Never checked just kept going and when I looked I had won.

LOL worse part was I couldn't get to sleep all day.  Yesterday was worse than the whole week of actual play.  Just frazzled as could be.

So, pretty much 7 days, 14 to 18 hours a day, just eating quick meals and taking short breaks.

ouch and kind of what i figured.

so sad that to do these tourneys you have to play that much or down load outside programs to play the game 24/7

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 29, 2022, 20:1903/29/22
12/30/20
Angwil

As the week went on Hades just looked straight up exhausted, and even without the lack of sleep doesn't seem that surprising. Staying hyper focused on anything for that long of a period of time is just draining, as I'm sure you well know now. :) 

How relieved were you when it was finally over?

Mar 29, 2022, 21:5003/29/22
06/20/19
dthorne04

As the week went on Hades just looked straight up exhausted, and even without the lack of sleep doesn't seem that surprising. Staying hyper focused on anything for that long of a period of time is just draining, as I'm sure you well know now. :) 

How relieved were you when it was finally over?

Very much relieved.  I was glad to feel like I had my life back.