Arena

Search
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Dec 27, 2021, 22:3912/27/21
Dec 27, 2021, 23:02(edited)
02/24/19
Player J

I  have  thought  about  what  I  said  previously and  have  decided  to  come  back  here  an  apologize  for  calling  Mohawkin  arena  set  up  garbage.

I  am  a  very  direct  &  up  front  type  of  person.

I  tell  people have  I  feel.

When I  came  here  this  morning,  I  read  what  Mohawkin  said  and  it  triggered  me.

It  might  be  hard  to  understand,  but  in  life  when  a  person  does  something for  a  long  time.

They  begin  to  know  the  ends  &  outs  of  there  profession.

Than  all  of  a  sudden a  new  person  comes  and  does  things  wrong.

You  might  not  believe it,  but  it  can  trigger veteran  players.

The  worst  part  is  when  Mohawkin  begins  to  act  in  total  shock.

My  team  has  been  winning  and  now  all  of  a  sudden  I  can  only  win  2  out  of  10.

Meanwhile,  I  am  observing  all  of  this  and  I  am  thinking  in  my  mind  are  you  Serious?

I  can  destroy  your  garbage  team  in  15  different ways.

An  that  in  a  nutshell  is  what  happened to  me  this  morning.

I  was  having  wonderful  morning  brushing  my  teeth.

Than  I  started  reading  all  the  stuff  Mohawkin was  saying.

So  I  just  wanted  to  say  that  Mohawkin  isn't garbage.

The  team  has  a  strategy  -  The  problem  is  it  has  reached  its  limits.

And  that  is  what  we  need  to  improve.

A small note, Player J, as a moderator of these forums.

Constructive criticism is not constructive when you only attack someone. Even in your apology you act as if it is another player's fault you got upset and were a jerk. The only thing responsible for your derisive insults and attacks on this forum is your own attitude. 

Many of your posts are direct insults to players, rather than thoughts on how to improve teams or strategies. Perhaps you could try out some other method of engaging with others, or thinking through these posts, where you aren't "triggered" by people asking questions or needing to learn. This is a place to help others, not trash them.

Dec 27, 2021, 22:4412/27/21
Dec 27, 2021, 22:48(edited)
01/04/20

I agree with what Quinn said above.

The apology was a good step, but it only works if you actually take ownership of your actions and then change what you're apologizing about and not doubling down on it while blaming the person you're apologizing too. 

Dec 27, 2021, 23:0512/27/21
08/04/20
Harbby

That's a fast big un, what do you have his attack/crit%/crit damage at?

att/4500  crit/143  dam/176

Dec 27, 2021, 23:3512/27/21
07/18/21

you should cap that crit rate at 100% and you might also lower the speed and find you can get better stats in other areas

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 28, 2021, 00:0812/28/21
12/30/20
Harbby

I agree with what Quinn said above.

The apology was a good step, but it only works if you actually take ownership of your actions and then change what you're apologizing about and not doubling down on it while blaming the person you're apologizing too. 

I think it's far easier and better for the person you're trying to help to simply say "this is what I think you're doing wrong and why."

Dec 28, 2021, 00:4812/28/21
10/11/20

Speaking of Classic Arena, does anybody have any info (that are willing to share with the class) on what changed in G4 in terms of speed?

I run a speed offense as my main, with Arb in the lead. Until about 2 weeks ago, my team cruised upper G4, even went in and out of plat during the week, without a care in the world.

All of a sudden, (almost) everybody else picked up speed. It happened within a day or two. My Arb is 350+ which used to be enough, but all of a sudden - not anymore.

If it were only faction guardian effect, it wouldn't happen so abruptly.

But, if the matching algorithms were changed, tweaked a bit... well...

Dec 28, 2021, 00:5412/28/21
Dec 28, 2021, 00:55(edited)
01/04/20
Mohawkin

att/4500  crit/143  dam/176

If you could get the atk% and crit dam up, while lowering the crit% to as close to 100 as you can you should start smacking people. 

Dec 28, 2021, 01:5312/28/21
08/04/20
Harbby

If you could get the atk% and crit dam up, while lowering the crit% to as close to 100 as you can you should start smacking people. 

tx Harbby

Dec 28, 2021, 01:5712/28/21
08/04/20
Tyr Anasazi

Speaking of Classic Arena, does anybody have any info (that are willing to share with the class) on what changed in G4 in terms of speed?

I run a speed offense as my main, with Arb in the lead. Until about 2 weeks ago, my team cruised upper G4, even went in and out of plat during the week, without a care in the world.

All of a sudden, (almost) everybody else picked up speed. It happened within a day or two. My Arb is 350+ which used to be enough, but all of a sudden - not anymore.

WHAT!! They nerfed something and didn't tell us. I mean that's just insane.  lol

Dec 28, 2021, 02:1812/28/21
07/18/21
Tyr Anasazi

my guess is people got a whole bunch of speed gear when they had the last 2x and got a lot faster

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 28, 2021, 03:1912/28/21
02/24/19
bighathrsl

my guess is people got a whole bunch of speed gear when they had the last 2x and got a lot faster

Could be the simplest answer.

Dec 28, 2021, 03:2012/28/21
08/04/20
bighathrsl

you should cap that crit rate at 100% and you might also lower the speed and find you can get better stats in other areas

Tx

Dec 28, 2021, 03:4512/28/21
08/04/20
harleQuinn

Could be the simplest answer.

So, here's my logic. As flawed as it obviously is. Use Lil for her aura and reviver ability. Krisk is just one of the best tanks I've found so far. Big Un is just my best overall nuker + turn reducer and Hurndig as Defence reduction/nuker. Open to any and all suggestions. As I mentioned on numerous occasions I can't for some reason post off my clipboard onto this forum. 

Other champs I have in no particular order are,

Turvold, Sicia, Ninja, Kimi, Scyl, Lanakis, Sethalia, Kyotu, Genzin, Harvest Jack, Nethril, Martyr, Lyssandra, Ma Shallad, Aniri, Serris, Geomancer, Zargala, Doom Priest, Sinesha, M Monster, Alure, Royal Guard, Tarshon, Stag Knight, Deacon Armstrong, Zelotah, Coldheart, Apothecary, Crimson Slayer, Armiger, Dark Elhain, Baroth, Sepulcher, 

Dec 28, 2021, 03:4912/28/21
08/04/20
Mohawkin

So, here's my logic. As flawed as it obviously is. Use Lil for her aura and reviver ability. Krisk is just one of the best tanks I've found so far. Big Un is just my best overall nuker + turn reducer and Hurndig as Defence reduction/nuker. Open to any and all suggestions. As I mentioned on numerous occasions I can't for some reason post off my clipboard onto this forum. 

Other champs I have in no particular order are,

Turvold, Sicia, Ninja, Kimi, Scyl, Lanakis, Sethalia, Kyotu, Genzin, Harvest Jack, Nethril, Martyr, Lyssandra, Ma Shallad, Aniri, Serris, Geomancer, Zargala, Doom Priest, Sinesha, M Monster, Alure, Royal Guard, Tarshon, Stag Knight, Deacon Armstrong, Zelotah, Coldheart, Apothecary, Crimson Slayer, Armiger, Dark Elhain, Baroth, Sepulcher, 

Klodd, Uugo, Ultimate Galek, Hope, Tayrel, Bellower, Kael, Soulbound Bowyer, Pain Keeper and Purgator. Thats all my 60's another 30 or so 50's. As I said, open to any suggestions. Tx in advance for your  thoughts.

Dec 28, 2021, 07:4112/28/21
Dec 28, 2021, 07:49(edited)
12/31/20
I use Lilitu, 300 speed, Bi Un 270 speed, Krisk 100k hp 50k shield, and Hurndig, 280 speed. Add Lil's aura to all that. 
123 res and 2200 def 

Ok so let me explain

You are using some of the best champions for a go-second team but build them as a speed nuke team (?) 

This will not work.

Not only must you have a higher initial speed on your first champion but you also want him to boost your turn meter and/or reduce the opponents ones for this to work. 

Lilitu doesn't do that, neither does Krisk. Big Un does (in a sense) but he's third to go in your comp. 

1. If you want your team to win the speed race, you have to use tm boosters.

Your best bet is Lyssandra in lead position in your best speed gear. Fast speed aura and she's a tm manipulation goddess.

Next is Deacon Armstrong. Build him with second highest speed and 300+ accuracy, he will further boost your turn meter and decrease opponents'. Also will put Dec Def on them. 

Third is Lanakis, program her to always use ally attack first.

Fourth is Big Un, reduce his crit rate to 100-105, get more CD.

Lanakis is same affinity as Big Un, thus you have a full auto semi blender (ally attack will not target champions who are weak affinity for Big Un so his a1 will always AoE)

If anything survives, he'll finish with a3.

Your only problem will be Skullcrowns or Leoris (or whatever that lion void is called). Against SC manual Big Un a2 or see part 2 of my post, against Leoris do not attack.

2. The stats on your Dutchess made mine scream in anger.

You want to build her with at least 60k hp, 400+ res, 4k+ def and highest speed you can maintain with this. Preferrably in Immortal or Regeneration.

Next you want to use Krisk, his build seems good if you have high acc on him also.

Next you want a tanky debuff remover, good variants are Serris or Kimi.

And last you need a defence or (better) res aura, of your roster Kyoku is a good variant, great passive, great aura, really nasty a3. 

Thus you have a second, defensive team, which can mitigate the burst damage of speednuke teams and play on par with other go second teams.

Dec 28, 2021, 07:5812/28/21
Mohawkin

Klodd, Uugo, Ultimate Galek, Hope, Tayrel, Bellower, Kael, Soulbound Bowyer, Pain Keeper and Purgator. Thats all my 60's another 30 or so 50's. As I said, open to any suggestions. Tx in advance for your  thoughts.

Dont forget you are our opponent. Not really wise thing give an advice for enemy :D

But i cant tell one, not need to lvling up fully a leader with speed aura. You got High Khatun, thats need for just speed boosting. You have Uugo, so you have an decrease defense,block debuffer hero too. Try developing their speed up as far as possible. After this, your nukers will doing their works.

Dec 28, 2021, 10:2512/28/21
08/04/20
N00basique
I use Lilitu, 300 speed, Bi Un 270 speed, Krisk 100k hp 50k shield, and Hurndig, 280 speed. Add Lil's aura to all that. 
123 res and 2200 def 

Ok so let me explain

You are using some of the best champions for a go-second team but build them as a speed nuke team (?) 

This will not work.

Not only must you have a higher initial speed on your first champion but you also want him to boost your turn meter and/or reduce the opponents ones for this to work. 

Lilitu doesn't do that, neither does Krisk. Big Un does (in a sense) but he's third to go in your comp. 

1. If you want your team to win the speed race, you have to use tm boosters.

Your best bet is Lyssandra in lead position in your best speed gear. Fast speed aura and she's a tm manipulation goddess.

Next is Deacon Armstrong. Build him with second highest speed and 300+ accuracy, he will further boost your turn meter and decrease opponents'. Also will put Dec Def on them. 

Third is Lanakis, program her to always use ally attack first.

Fourth is Big Un, reduce his crit rate to 100-105, get more CD.

Lanakis is same affinity as Big Un, thus you have a full auto semi blender (ally attack will not target champions who are weak affinity for Big Un so his a1 will always AoE)

If anything survives, he'll finish with a3.

Your only problem will be Skullcrowns or Leoris (or whatever that lion void is called). Against SC manual Big Un a2 or see part 2 of my post, against Leoris do not attack.

2. The stats on your Dutchess made mine scream in anger.

You want to build her with at least 60k hp, 400+ res, 4k+ def and highest speed you can maintain with this. Preferrably in Immortal or Regeneration.

Next you want to use Krisk, his build seems good if you have high acc on him also.

Next you want a tanky debuff remover, good variants are Serris or Kimi.

And last you need a defence or (better) res aura, of your roster Kyoku is a good variant, great passive, great aura, really nasty a3. 

Thus you have a second, defensive team, which can mitigate the burst damage of speednuke teams and play on par with other go second teams.

So new phrases, strategies,  and guide. Tx for that NOObasique.

Dec 28, 2021, 10:4612/28/21
08/04/20
Deleted

Dont forget you are our opponent. Not really wise thing give an advice for enemy :D

But i cant tell one, not need to lvling up fully a leader with speed aura. You got High Khatun, thats need for just speed boosting. You have Uugo, so you have an decrease defense,block debuffer hero too. Try developing their speed up as far as possible. After this, your nukers will doing their works.

Every little bit is something I didn't know before reading this. So, thanks regardless. Been playing about a yr and a half or so at least. Started a guild from the beginning and am the only member, it will stay that way.I have no need or desire to pass on this info to others as I am being slightly selfish I also wanna win. lol. I feel I now have a good middle, maybe start of endgame group of champions. Now need to start strategizing as the teams are getting stronger and faster only got a yr or 2 to try and beat this game. All Cliff Notes are welcome additions, lol

Dec 31, 2021, 02:2212/31/21
08/04/20

Guy/Gals, I am at a total loss. I've bitched about this before and Imma going to do it one more time.

4 and a half hrs of fighting in G1, 400+ gems, 16 token refills, losing to teams that are 100k lower than me. I'm literally just throwing money and my time away. I understand it's not supposed to be easy, but I mean WTF I have been trying to do the mission "get to gold 3 in classic arena" for over a month. I can't begin to tell you what this has cost and it's all for nothing. If the quest/mission is literally undoable why have it in the game. You can't pick the champions you get. You play with what you have. I've beaten all the faction dungeons I have champs for, beaten all the campaign levels with the exception of nightmare 12/7, and I don't know anyone who has beaten it. All dungeons with the exception of the last 2 of spiders den, (and that only because I've been obsessed with this god damn arena mission.) Same with Dreadhorn 90 in Doom tower, I simply do not have the mix of champions to beat it. So here I sit for 3 weeks waiting for it to reset. I am at a frustrating standstill on almost all of the game with what I have accumulated over the last 18 months of playing. Maybe I'm just to old for this shit. What I do know for a fact is this game is getting no more money from me, period. He says after spending another $55 on arena tokens. More the fool me.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 31, 2021, 02:3212/31/21
02/24/19
Mohawkin

Guy/Gals, I am at a total loss. I've bitched about this before and Imma going to do it one more time.

4 and a half hrs of fighting in G1, 400+ gems, 16 token refills, losing to teams that are 100k lower than me. I'm literally just throwing money and my time away. I understand it's not supposed to be easy, but I mean WTF I have been trying to do the mission "get to gold 3 in classic arena" for over a month. I can't begin to tell you what this has cost and it's all for nothing. If the quest/mission is literally undoable why have it in the game. You can't pick the champions you get. You play with what you have. I've beaten all the faction dungeons I have champs for, beaten all the campaign levels with the exception of nightmare 12/7, and I don't know anyone who has beaten it. All dungeons with the exception of the last 2 of spiders den, (and that only because I've been obsessed with this god damn arena mission.) Same with Dreadhorn 90 in Doom tower, I simply do not have the mix of champions to beat it. So here I sit for 3 weeks waiting for it to reset. I am at a frustrating standstill on almost all of the game with what I have accumulated over the last 18 months of playing. Maybe I'm just to old for this shit. What I do know for a fact is this game is getting no more money from me, period. He says after spending another $55 on arena tokens. More the fool me.

I'm still not seeing a thread with your arena team, their builds and their masteries. I keep recommending it around these threads the last couples days.

Start a new thread with your arena champs and their builds. Post your whole roster. Let the people here help you.