All Categories

Need major Spider Den help (not 20, intermediate levels)

Need major Spider Den help (not 20, intermediate levels)

Search
Comments
Apr 20, 2020, 13:4904/20/20
12/19/19

So my current roster above shows I'm still lacking some RNG luck to get a Spider Den hero. If I table my spider progress another month and collect shards for 2x where should I focus.  

Arena: Gold4, defense (zelotah, skullcrusher, gorg, jarl) offense I mix in monster depending on opponent. I obviously can't get to platinum so I'll just continue to farm for GH.

Dungeons: D20, IG20, FK19. My mostly blue/magic team can almost beat fk20, probably just need to swap one hero so no concerns on other 3 dungeons. 

CB: Using temporary team until I can regear for CA. Running Apo, brawler, coffin, karl, zelotah.  All mastered but NONE in lifesteal gear yet. Going to swap in skullcrusher after next artifact enhancement event when I can get speeds right. Lots of regearing need and only 7million silver. 

Problem is I use skullcrusher, jarl, and zelotah in arena. 

My first gear priorities are to get brawler & coffin in LS gear since their utility won't be impacted elsewhere. Coffin is CB only, OB is CB/dragon/IG.  

Should I replace Jarl & Zelotah in CB (do you see any epics above). Or do I replace Jarl in Arena (with who)

I do 11-14 million a key just autoing. Assume just LS changes on the 2 will help regardless. But at this point I probably should focus on creating a full LS CB team.

What do you guys suggest? I think I have 9 chicken5s. I have some really good LS gear, need to see how it rolls before I equip. I only have 5 or 6 epic books I think. I have 26 legendary books...

Apr 20, 2020, 17:0704/20/20
12/19/19
Apr 20, 2020, 17:5204/20/20
12/19/19

Any thoughts on the following epics?

Rearguard sergeant 

Sepulcher sentinel 

Spider 

Aothar 

Golden reaper
Apr 22, 2020, 13:3904/22/20
12/19/19
Bump. Anyone see any diamonds in the rough among my 4star epics?
Apr 30, 2020, 10:4004/30/20
12/13/19

You could go for Stag knight. Pretty useful with his aoe def down/attk down to keep spiders having low damage and killed faster. He should help you get up a few spider levels.

He is also a very widely used epic in many other dungeons or arena. 

As for Arena there are many options but a pretty widely used build is the speed + aoe def down + aoe damage. You could easily use apoth and stag knight here.

For CB i would really try to get your skullcrusher in there. CA is so useful and will take your damage up a huge amount. Even if you dont speed tune i think that he will improve your damage plenty.

Here are the speeds you need for each boss level (with your CA hero having at least 1 more speed than the boss and everyone else having more than your CA hero but no more than 19 above the CB speed)

Once you get the speed you need the basic team loadout will be 1x CA hero, 2x poisoners, 1x attck down (on their A1 so CA can proc it too) and the last is usually some kind of survivability hero (Def up, heals, protect etc) If using this speed tuned build, Make sure you dont use any speed buffs or aura or it will throw off all your speed times (ie no Apoth)

Note that until very recently on NM CB i had my skullcrusher on shield gear for arena and i was still able to 2key NM without lifesteal. My healer was able to keep him up enough. (obviously lifesteal is better but if you really want to keep CB in his arena gear then just get his speed up and youre good to use him in CB)

Recently got my Arbiter after passing spider 20 with my same team from spider 19 (rhazin tank build) and she is an absolute beast in Arena

Apr 30, 2020, 15:1904/30/20
12/19/19

Wow. Thanks for that chart. It should be in a sticky (hey mods) FAQ at top...

That is really helpful. No luck with shards, but got a 2nd skullcrusher so I may build one fir CB and one for arena. I got chickens and potions and brews got to level up something...
Apr 30, 2020, 22:2404/30/20
Apr 30, 2020, 22:29(edited)
06/19/17

Trips said:

Any thoughts on the following epics?

Rearguard sergeant 

Sepulcher sentinel 

Spider 

Aothar 

Golden reaper

Rearguard sergeant (Good for CB, although not superreliable on decrease attack)

Sepulcher Sentinel (supgergreat for CB - toptier. I didnt see which CB you were figthing but i heard if you can get her to 241 speed on UNM she can permanently prevent stun)

Spider -  Havent used him myself, but his A3 seems spot on for spider until 20 where he is off afinity. low speed though)

Aothar - Decent poisoner but worse than occult brawler and fronzen banshee - so not worth your time

Golden reaper - dunno. seems like she has something going, but i am not sure.

EDIT: Sorry didnt see any hidden diamonds for spiderteam. Im guessing what you are missing is damage. 

I will remind you of Husk who is often overlooked when people talk about max hp champs. I have tested him myself and he does work, although he might only do 600k on spider 20 where royal guards and coldhearts do 1.200k. So Think he is bad for one-shot strategies, but for sustain I think he will work.
Apr 30, 2020, 22:4504/30/20
12/19/19

I am 3/4 key NM with a hodgepodge of my dungeon & arena team. I have nobody built just for CB but the masteries are all done for GS/WM. No lifesteal gear yet but I have tons, just waiting for artifact enhancement event. Probably need to eventually have arena & cb teams without double duty. Only brawler & coffin smasher are not in arena.

CB now: Apo (temporary) ob, cs , zelotah (also arena) karl

CB PLAN: skullcrusher, ob, cs, zelotah (replace here?) Jarl

Arena D: skull, zelotah (lead) , jarl, gorgorab(replace)

Arena O: skull, zelotah, karl, monster

I have 9 5star chicken, maybe build 2and skullcrusher so I have one in lifesteal for CB and build 2nd for arena.
May 1, 2020, 03:4005/01/20
11/22/19
too bad you don't have Coldheart or Ultimate Galek.  I used them to beat Spider 15.  Miscreated Monster is great for spider's den.  I wish I had him.  It would've made my runs so much faster.  
May 1, 2020, 20:2605/01/20
May 1, 2020, 20:29(edited)
05/13/19

Did you people forget about what I said?

The Epic hero named Spider is a God vs. Spider!

He is in my team.

I win on auto in 1 min.

And I would win faster if I had better gear with C.Damage on my Coldhearts.

Spider helps you in 3 different ways!

1. Spider has a Speed Dungeon Aura 

This gives you tons of gear flexibility.

In a perfect world, you want your Coldhearts to have C.Rate - C.Damage - Speed with all perfect rolls.

It can be really hard trying to find 6 pieces with all of those things.

And not to mention if you are using 3x Coldhearts like I am - You would need 18 pieces with all of those things.

The simple fact is you can use Spider to give you extra speed which helps.

You might have very good gear pieces with only C.Rate & C.Damage with no Speed.

You wouldn't be able to use it normally because you lack the speed.

Spider is giving you some flexibility because not all your gears need to have Speed.

Since, you are gaining some extra speed.

2. Spider is amazing for Spider 20 because he is Force Affinity!

The Baby Spiders in Spider 20 are Spirit Affinity.

The AI computer will often attack Spider because of the Affinity match up.

This means you can build your Spider really Tanky + High Resistance.

The Baby Spiders will get distracted by your Spider hero giving your Coldhearts a free pass!

3. Spider is amazing for Spider 20 because he does Def Down with out contact!

Not many people understand the importance of doing Def Down with out a Psychical attack!

You see the hero Spider is Force Affinity.

If Spider did a Psychical attack, There is a 35% chance that the hit would be a Weak Hit.

The reason why because Spider is at an Affinity Disadvantage.

Force Affinity is at a disadvantage to a Spirit Affinity.

However, Spider doesn't do any hits when he applies his Debuff.

This means if you put enough ACC on your Spider he will never miss!

Most people have used Rhazin to do Def Down + Weaken.

The problem with Rhazin is he does contact with the Enemy Spider!

This contact can cause him to do a weak hit on Stage 20.

Any time a hero does a weak hit.

They can't apply any debuffs!

This is what makes Spider a Legend!

There is only 3 heroes in this game which can do Def Down on Spider 20 with consistency!

Dracomorph ----> Magic Affinity ----> He is at an Affinity Advantage

Venus ------------> Void Affinity ------> She is Neutral Affinity

Spider -----------> Force Affinity -----> He is  at an Affinity Disadvantage, but does Def Down with out contact

Spider is a God!

May 1, 2020, 21:0305/01/20
12/19/19
Awesome! I have spider and monster,  as soon as I get 3 coldhearts I am set! Only 3 to go. Lol
May 11, 2020, 23:5605/11/20
12/19/19
The answer to get me past 15, 16, 17 and 18 was stag knight. And those 4 were easy. Haven't tried 19 yet. Not going to work likely do to affinity problems. But damn stag knight is really good. I can't believe I slept on upgrading him.
May 12, 2020, 14:4305/12/20
01/28/20

Trips said:

The answer to get me past 15, 16, 17 and 18 was stag knight. And those 4 were easy. Haven't tried 19 yet. Not going to work likely do to affinity problems. But damn stag knight is really good. I can't believe I slept on upgrading him.

the easiest tactic is to use the opposite affinity tank with 2 healers, 1 dmg dealer and debuffer.

tank + healer - Apothecary all you need high resistance def low hp to make sure he was attacked by the spiderlings team leader

tank + defence - Miscreated Monster 

debuffer - Stag Knight 

dmg - Armiger

help you to keep spiderlings on sleep - Zelotah

you might need to swap some gear and play for couple times until you set up your team properly 

but this is where I'll start with your champs and see which ones are failing first and way.

but basically you want your Apo to tank or MM

May 12, 2020, 16:3205/12/20
12/19/19
I faired better than I thought on 19, alure was an easy target but still lasted 4 of the 9 minute fight duration. Her acc and resistance is a bit lacking relative to the rest of the team. I may be able to make it work. 19 may be harder than 20, dare I say?
Aug 27, 2020, 15:1208/27/20
01/02/20

So Trips, what is your team now? Do you auto Spider 20? LOL

Aug 27, 2020, 17:5708/27/20
12/19/19

RaiderNation32 said:

So Trips, what is your team now? Do you auto Spider 20? LOL

Yes, but the lucky pull of duchess saved me at the time.  Team with 100% success, albeit very slow:

Duchess, Stag Knight, Armiger, Alure, Miscreated Monster

Note: Today I subbed in an unbooked Kantra with no masteries for duchess and easy win.  Kantra is GOOD for spider 20!
Aug 27, 2020, 20:1108/27/20
12/19/19

No miscreated monster needed with Kantra!!

Aug 28, 2020, 02:5408/28/20
Aug 28, 2020, 02:56(edited)
05/13/19

Is that team Auto Friendly?

Or do you have to Manual?

I own Alure.

I haven't built her up.

I am curious to know how she does on Auto.
Aug 28, 2020, 12:0408/28/20
12/19/19
Player J said:

I own Alure.

I haven't built her up.

Auto friendly.  Alure is fabulous in FK & Spider.  She "almost" always uses A1 in spider.  At most the spider will get one turn, sometimes 0.  My armiger has <200 CD so at most can do 500k I think but he will only use A1 unless TM is really low or spider is almost dead.
Aug 28, 2020, 15:4608/28/20
01/15/20
Player J said:

I own Alure.

I haven't built her up.

Alure is amazing  she is on my auto fk20  ascended once for quest only lv 40 no books