All Categories

Need major Spider Den help (not 20, intermediate levels)

Need major Spider Den help (not 20, intermediate levels)

Search
Comments
Mar 23, 2020, 22:2703/23/20
Mar 23, 2020, 22:29(edited)
12/19/19

Thank you for sharing.  Interesting. A video I watched went down offense tree for Hellsmasher.  I assume you have ACC Banner.

Mar 26, 2020, 01:3003/26/20
12/19/19
The shield he creates in spider is hilarious. 
Mar 26, 2020, 22:2903/26/20
12/19/19

I think I overshot on ACC, need a bit more HP/DEF but I like my build so far.  Missing the Ring & Banner. If I can get Crit Damage up to 150 I get 2 Epic Books for the Challenge I had forgotten about.

Mar 29, 2020, 02:4803/29/20
12/19/19

Check out my monster now. I've got a 60% HP Epic divine speed chestplate on Jarl that is tempting to swap over at some point.

The key number to see how good my rolls are is how low the ATK is.  The accessories aren't ideal, but they will do until I can get the CD to 150%

Mar 29, 2020, 18:5603/29/20
12/19/19

I beat spider 14 on auto. 28 minutes lol. Going to set my pc on auto battle and see if it is repeatable. 

Team:

Apo (def aura, speed, tm boost, occassional heal)

MM 

Armiger (lots of weak hits, hope it was bad rng)

Alure (surprisingly effective, def down & tm reduction)

Gorg (more tm boost and occasional heal)

Don't think this solution is scalable to 20, or even 17. But I'll be happy for now.

Mar 29, 2020, 19:2603/29/20
12/19/19
Mar 30, 2020, 16:2603/30/20
12/19/19
As expected, Spider 15 was a massive fail. Team held together for a while, but the affinity disadvantage can't be overcome.  I think replacing gorgorab and apo with golden reaper & lightsworn would actually work.  But they are both 40, and leveling them to 60 just to get by spider 15 is dumb. Plus I don't have any epic books left.  MM and Jarl used them up.  With limited shards, I'm going to be in a holding pattern for a while.
Apr 9, 2020, 08:5304/09/20
Apr 9, 2020, 09:07(edited)
12/13/19

Thought i would add my 2cents if youre still struggling with the spider;

I was also having difficulty with passing spider 15 - and that all changed for me once i got Rhazin. Was an absolute fail without him since most of my team was magic (negative affinity) and with him i got past spider 15 on the first try when he didnt even have the best of gear.
If you have the rares to fuse him then i would really try to push for it. He is also super useful elsewhere in most areas of the game. Yes his A3 has a high cd, but it seemed to be the thing that was able to really keep the boss from taking too many turns.

My team was MM, tayrel, apoth, rhazin and bellower

I passed spider 15 a couple of weeks ago and now i am onto spider 19. All the other stages were passed using the same team but replacing bellower depending on the affinity ( and i have since got a coldheart ). Ill also note that bellower was built as my speed farmer (7sec 12-3)

MM is what my team is built around and is a god at spider.
My advice is with your stats i would try to get as much HP on him as possible so that he can do the most dmg which gives a higher shield (mine is nearly 85k HP)
You have more than enough acc. I think you only need 200 to land his stuns. And his stuns arent the biggest reason why he is used anyway. If you can - trade some ACC for HP. If you have a ACC banner on him then you could probably just totally replace it for one with HP

EDIT: and as i speak i passed spider 19 with the same team replacing bellower for coldheart. definitely harder to manage the spiderlings but was able to shield tayrel through it (he was tanking)

Apr 9, 2020, 14:2104/09/20
02/20/20

Some issues I see:

Your affinity is negative for 15, which is going to be a major fail. MM is useful for shields so - ok...

No idea what Alure brings to the team(!)

You need better turn meter controllers on boss and a HP% damager instead of Alure (Poison or preferably HP burn). Remember HP burn AOE absolutely murders spider, because each tick on any enemy ticks on all enemies on each of their turns. Given 12-15 spiderlings - you basically get 10+ HP burn ticks per turn = 40-50% boss HP lost!

Apr 9, 2020, 14:2404/09/20
Apr 9, 2020, 14:25(edited)
12/19/19
I haven't tried 15 again in a while.  No point until I can improve this team, obviously I need some shard luck. Alure needs to be replaced. I'm missing 2 or 3 of the rares still for Rhazin. I did get a Bellower who I have since got to 5*. Would he fit into a team to get me through 17? Can he be used in 20? I have enough food for 2 6*, saving just for Spider.  I can auto Drag20 IG20 FK19, Gold4 in Arena, CB team is so-so. So Spider is the only thing holding me back.
Apr 9, 2020, 14:5704/09/20
02/20/20

Trips said:

I haven't tried 15 again in a while.  No point until I can improve this team, obviously I need some shard luck. Alure needs to be replaced. I'm missing 2 or 3 of the rares still for Rhazin. I did get a Bellower who I have since got to 5*. Would he fit into a team to get me through 17? Can he be used in 20? I have enough food for 2 6*, saving just for Spider.  I can auto Drag20 IG20 FK19, Gold4 in Arena, CB team is so-so. So Spider is the only thing holding me back.

OH you are doing well!  Weird that you are so far back in Spider....  because Dragon 20 , IG20, and FK19 are not easy. I suspect it is your DPS then, what kind of times are you doing on Spider 14 for a kill?

Apr 9, 2020, 15:1704/09/20
12/19/19

Ethan,

LOL @my spider time. With good RNG 15 minutes, upwards of 30 minutes. Alure brings TM reduction, Her initial AOE is good too.  I am significantly lacking in DPS which is why I need HP Burn AOE or Coldheart. This is why I succeed on Dragon20 & IG 20. I just need to get Brawler to the boss and its an easy 100% win with his poison. I can mix and match a variety of supports with 100% success. And that was before I got miscreated monster.

Do you have any thoughts on Bellower?

Apr 9, 2020, 17:2304/09/20
Apr 9, 2020, 17:53(edited)
05/13/19

I think Bellower isn't going to help you.

You are approaching Spider Stages which are to strong.

The DPS you need is Enemy Max HP.

• HP Burn
  • Poison
  • Enemy Max HP Nukers

You said you don't have any HP Burn AOE heroes.

What about Poison heroes which have AOE Poison Explosion? Zavia?

You said you don't have any Coldheart.

What about Royal Guards?

You are using 1 Amiger at the moment in your set up.

I guess my other curious question is how much damage does Amiger do?

Maybe, if your Amiger is doing good damage, you could build up 2 more Amigers.

3x Amiger for Nukes

1x Miscreated Monster for Protection

1x Tank with Def Down or Weaken or Both.

Apr 9, 2020, 17:2904/09/20
02/20/20

3 6 star Armingers just to get past Spider :*(  

Mega resource drain!
Apr 9, 2020, 18:0704/09/20
Apr 9, 2020, 18:22(edited)
05/13/19

I just want to make it clear.

I'm not here trying to say Amiger is the same as Coldheart.

They are both different heroes.

I have never used Amiger.

I don't know how much damage he does.

BUT WHAT I AM SAYING IS

The Coldheart set I am using isn't the normal set up.

Most Coldheart set ups try to kill the Spider Boss in 1 shot.

The fight last 5 seconds.

The issue is you need some really good stats to pull it off.

You need very good 6 Star Gear + very good Great Hall Bonuses in Critical Damage for Void Affinity.

I don't have either of those things.

The result is my team doesn't 1 shot.

What my team does is a sequence of hits.

I fire off 3 Heartseekers to reduce the Spider Boss Health - I don't care about Turn Meter

I'm not trying to Kill the boss.

I'm not trying to stop it from re-healing.

I'm just trying to weaken the Spider Boss health low enough to kill it off with a second round of hits.

Than I use my hero name Spider to Tank + Miscreated Monster to Protect = STALL.

The Baby Spiders are distracted with my Negative Affinity Tank.

The Baby Spiders are having trouble killing my Negative Affinity Tank due to the Big Shield.

The goal is to stall the fight long enough for my 3 Coldhearts to go off Cool Down.

Than they do another round of Nukes which end up killing the Boss.

I win the fight in about 1 min.

You own Miscreated monster.

You already know how awesome his Shield is.

You already know how awesome his Ally Protection is.

If you add a hero who can Tank which happens to have Def Down.

You might be able to make a 2 man set up to Stall the fight with them!

Than you can have Amiger come in similar to my Coldhearts to do a series of Attacks.

It is something to think about for sure.

Apr 9, 2020, 18:4204/09/20
01/28/20

I see you still struggling with spider 14 now probably 15.

for me personally spider 15 was easier than 14 coz of affinity best tactic against spider to use decent tank negative affinity with healers. For spider 15 I used apothecary as tank spiderlings were keeping hitting him got good def and reasonable resistance against poison cold heart was for dmg and turn mater reduction steel skull was just for extra heal no items no skill lvls or masteries on him stag knight for debuffs and bellower dmg dealer he is my campaign farmer done some control of spiderlings. 

another easy tactic for higher lvl doesn't work on 14 didn't try on 15 but definitely should work on 16 and onwards simply spiderlings don't do that much dmg I was really pushing this tactic on lvl 14 and spiderlings was missing like 100 dmg to completely work check video explains how it works. All you need any champ with a1 aoe and masteries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWYxnW4S7Cg

Apr 10, 2020, 02:5804/10/20
Apr 10, 2020, 03:16(edited)
12/13/19

Trips said:

I did get a Bellower who I have since got to 5*. Would he fit into a team to get me through 17? Can he be used in 20? I have enough food for 2 6*, saving just for Spider.

Bellower is only really good for spiderling clearing and thats why he was the one i replaced when needed. If killing spiders is what you are struggling with then yea it might be good to 6* him, but keep in mind that he likely wont be good anything above spider 17ish (unless you are specifically building your team around AOE clear to take out all the spiders)
Hopefully with the 2x ancient event that is about to drop you can get the remaining rares you need for rhazin

Basically you have 3 main strategies for spider;

1. Nuke down very quickly - glass cannon build (you need multiple coldheart/royal guard for this). This is the fastest and aims to kill spider in 1 turn. Obviously needs the right champs and pretty good gear to do.

2. Negative affinity tank (or lowest hp tank) - where you have one champ who is at negative affinity that can either resist all the poison or just tank through the damage - and then the rest of your team can be damage or heals where needed. In this build you basically need either enough damage to clear spiderlings so boss cant heal much or enough damage to surpass the heals that the spider can do. Reduce turn meter champions will really help here so that the boss cant take as many turns.
This build is probably the easiest to do as you dont need any specific champions to get it done, but is also the slowest.

3. HP burn build. You need one champ who can inflict AOE HP burn for all the spiders (eg ultimate galek) and then ideally someone who has an aoe stun for all the spiderlings so they cant do damage (this would also be really handy in strategy 2). This works because whenever anyone takes HP burn ticks, all their allies take the tick too. So hp burn on spiderlings also affect the boss - and since it is HP% based it does a lot of damage. This is obviously something that is champion dependent too.

Apr 19, 2020, 16:2104/19/20
12/19/19
My shard luck is still absolute garbage. A month later still stuck at spider 15, lol. I have a ton of new epics but I don't think anything to help with Spider. I'll post a screenshot when I get back on my PC. I need to level something to 60 regardless.
Apr 19, 2020, 23:5904/19/20
Apr 20, 2020, 00:04(edited)
05/13/19

10x Event going on right now. 

This is the best 10x Event - They have ever done!

• High Chance to get Tayrel
  • High Chance to get Royal Guards.

I don't want to BRAGG, but look what I got from my Shard Pulls.

Look at my New Dragon 20 Team.

I might use the Royal Guards for Spider as well.

I wish I had more shards to get a Tayrel.

I really need a Tayrel.

Apr 20, 2020, 10:4704/20/20
12/19/19

Is there a spider helper in here somewhere?