All Categories

Arena Mission

Arena Mission

Search
Feb 2, 2020, 04:3502/02/20
01/10/20

Arena Mission

Arena missions always slowing me down.. I'm at the one you have to reach Silver 1 at the arena.

The problem is that ranking up in the arena is way harder than the next missions: next mission is campaign mission, clear stage 7 of the catacombs of narbuk on hard (I've already cleared it on brutal, 3 stars and can't get Silver 1 at the arena)...

Doesn't really make sense how hard one mission is compared to the other.

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 2, 2020, 14:1802/02/20
06/20/19
Bauer said:

Arena missions always slowing me down.. I'm at the one you have to reach Silver 1 at the arena.

The problem is that ranking up in the arena is way harder than the next missions: next mission is campaign mission, clear stage 7 of the catacombs of narbuk on hard (I've already cleared it on brutal, 3 stars and can't get Silver 1 at the arena)...

LOL.  everytime i complete a mission that's difficult for me, it unlockes 2 or 4 missions I've already completed.  That's the game.
Feb 2, 2020, 23:0002/02/20
02/13/19

Bauer said:

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, but imo missions are already balanced. 
Feb 4, 2020, 14:0702/04/20
11/09/19

I'm at that same mission and can't seem to get there. i get close but can't get over the hump  it's really frustrating.  The next 4 or 5 missions are completed after that.

I'm not sure what defense to put up or anything.

Arena is the worst part of the game.  
Feb 4, 2020, 14:4002/04/20
02/01/20

i am taking the time to read the missions up ahead to not do something up ahead because this game don't take your achievements retroactively.

I am also stuck to get silver 1, it's just too hard with all the levels 60s in defense team.  the game is NOT well balance in arena at all.
Feb 4, 2020, 23:5702/04/20
02/13/19
Hank McCannon said:

i am taking the time to read the missions up ahead to not do something up ahead because this game don't take your achievements retroactively.

I am also stuck to get silver 1, it's just too hard with all the levels 60s in defense team.  the game is NOT well balance in arena at all.
Some missions are retroactive and some aren't.
Feb 5, 2020, 11:2702/05/20
01/27/20

Valdys said:

Hank McCannon said:

Slightly underwelming answers to be honest. "some are retroactive and some aren't" is not really helpful here - just like "it is balanced" regarding a complaint which actually is true. 

Maybe once upon a time when it started it was possible to get to Silver 1 at the same time you would do the hard missions, but how is a player supposed to do this today when he started somewhere in the last 8 weeks for instance? Did you ever look at the rooster of Bronze3/4 which you have to beat for this in addition to being able to get 30 silver medals afterwards for another challenge. 

Like I said, maybe there was a time where a mix of 40s and 50s was able to get to silver and somehow compete in there, but nowadays weven with some full 50 rooster with decent gear it is not only hard but sometimes close to impossible (if you wait and use the refresh timer to find teams you can actually beat there are at least 5 to 10 people attacking your def-team with 60/60/50/50 teams and you lose points faster than you can make them).

I try to reach silver 1 for a week now and besides the groups who are set to lose on purpose to get some easier kills/wins in lower tiers (teams set up to fail on purpose) there is little to no way of getting up to silver in the current state of "balanced pvp tiers". 

Compared to this the other quests right after are loughable at best and easy to do, even if you only have a group of 4* 40s with decent gear (which wouldn'g get anywhere close to silver 1 or 30 silver medals ....).

Also which quests are retroactive and which not doesn't seem to be random but on purpose and super annoying in many cases. The flasks are O.K., even though the droprate is crap but some of the "rank up a hero" are just annoying if you were stuck at a certain point and then got past it after a long grind just to find out that 5 quests later you're supposed to rank up your hero which you "just did a moment ago" to get to this point. Super frustrating....

Feb 5, 2020, 11:5502/05/20
02/13/19
gothikguardian said:

Valdys said:

Hank McCannon said:

Slightly underwelming answers to be honest. "some are retroactive and some aren't" is not really helpful here - just like "it is balanced" regarding a complaint which actually is true. 

Maybe once upon a time when it started it was possible to get to Silver 1 at the same time you would do the hard missions, but how is a player supposed to do this today when he started somewhere in the last 8 weeks for instance? Did you ever look at the rooster of Bronze3/4 which you have to beat for this in addition to being able to get 30 silver medals afterwards for another challenge. 

Like I said, maybe there was a time where a mix of 40s and 50s was able to get to silver and somehow compete in there, but nowadays weven with some full 50 rooster with decent gear it is not only hard but sometimes close to impossible (if you wait and use the refresh timer to find teams you can actually beat there are at least 5 to 10 people attacking your def-team with 60/60/50/50 teams and you lose points faster than you can make them).

I try to reach silver 1 for a week now and besides the groups who are set to lose on purpose to get some easier kills/wins in lower tiers (teams set up to fail on purpose) there is little to no way of getting up to silver in the current state of "balanced pvp tiers". 

Compared to this the other quests right after are loughable at best and easy to do, even if you only have a group of 4* 40s with decent gear (which wouldn'g get anywhere close to silver 1 or 30 silver medals ....).

Also which quests are retroactive and which not doesn't seem to be random but on purpose and super annoying in many cases. The flasks are O.K., even though the droprate is crap but some of the "rank up a hero" are just annoying if you were stuck at a certain point and then got past it after a long grind just to find out that 5 quests later you're supposed to rank up your hero which you "just did a moment ago" to get to this point. Super frustrating....

I have 2 accounts: the first one started one year ago and I spend 50€ a month on it, the second one started 2 months ago, totally f2p. I know how arena is and if you study some strategies for it, it'll be easy. :)
Feb 5, 2020, 11:5902/05/20
06/22/19

Honestly, reaching silver 1 is not that hard to do. You dont need to rush in finishing all missions. And, there will always be a "road block" that you will encounter. This means, you need to farm for more descent artifacts. 

See you on the mission reach gold rank. 

Feb 5, 2020, 16:4502/05/20
01/27/20

Valdys said:

I have 2 accounts: the first one started one year ago and I spend 50€ a month on it, the second one started 2 months ago, totally f2p. I know how arena is and if you study some strategies for it, it'll be easy. :)

So what you're saying is "the difficulty of the Arena Mission is just fine and in line with the difficulty of all other missions/quests which follow afterwards" and "git good". 

Or in General "if you're lucky and get a Carbon-copy of a good arena-Combo and are FAR beyond the Point of hard-lvl-story-missions to have 5* plus artefacts you'll have a super easy time". 

GG, exactly as much info and insight as I expected from a moderator. Just like Community-Managers stating "soon" as answer to Questions like "you're half a year late with updates which should have happened soon - when will they arrive now?"

:P … Sorry. But Oneliners and Content-free answers to Long and (Maybe only in my opinion) well formulated Posts are not really what I expect from moderators / officials but hey …. seems there are some more things similar to EA than I thought ^^
Feb 5, 2020, 22:1902/05/20
04/12/19

I cannot say about bronze / silver now as I am in g4 myself (started about a year ago). But I remember how frustrating it was back then for me. Arena IS a roadblock no matter how much you like it not to be.

Facing full set of lv50s while I had kael50 and 3x lv40 not geared for arena ....

Anyway. One lucky pull will jump you from bronze4 to silver 3 after that champ is ready for arena ...

Similar "balance" is there on last set towards arbiter - once you do one roadblock you quickly complete like next 3 missions ... Not retroactive dung missions stop that easy completion but I remember there were some easily skipped after getting one done ...
Feb 6, 2020, 02:2402/06/20
02/13/19

gothikguardian said:

Valdys said:

So what you're saying is "the difficulty of the Arena Mission is just fine and in line with the difficulty of all other missions/quests which follow afterwards" and "git good". 

Or in General "if you're lucky and get a Carbon-copy of a good arena-Combo and are FAR beyond the Point of hard-lvl-story-missions to have 5* plus artefacts you'll have a super easy time". 

GG, exactly as much info and insight as I expected from a moderator. Just like Community-Managers stating "soon" as answer to Questions like "you're half a year late with updates which should have happened soon - when will they arrive now?"

:P … Sorry. But Oneliners and Content-free answers to Long and (Maybe only in my opinion) well formulated Posts are not really what I expect from moderators / officials but hey …. seems there are some more things similar to EA than I thought ^^

Trust me, arena missions are easier than other missions you'll see later. :)

And remember: I'm a player first of all.
May 8, 2020, 16:2005/08/20
02/27/20

valdys how are you a moderator? you just ignore people's complaints.

the silver 1 mission IS too hard these days. i invite you to look at my account and finish it
May 8, 2020, 16:3505/08/20
02/13/19
grievve said:

valdys how are you a moderator? you just ignore people's complaints.

the silver 1 mission IS too hard these days. i invite you to look at my account and finish it
You should focus on your team, improve your gear and try again. :)
May 9, 2020, 16:3505/09/20
10/19/19
I was stuck on the Silver 1 mission for a while as well. Someone suggested to keep my eye on auto refresh timer and keep refreshing to find teams I could beat. Took me about a week, but I was able to get to Silver 1 and finish the mission and now I DON'T CARE ABOUT ARENA, except to do my daily energy refill daily. When you get teams in bronze 3 and 4 that are 4 fully ascended lvl 60 LEGENDARY CHAMPS...NO, ARENA IS NOT BALANCED. When a teams point score gets above a certain level, that team should be no where near the lower lvl teams in Bronze....PERIOD. But they care about the paying customers more than the F2P ones....understandably.
May 9, 2020, 19:0305/09/20
04/14/20

nubabob said:

I was stuck on the Silver 1 mission for a while as well. Someone suggested to keep my eye on auto refresh timer and keep refreshing to find teams I could beat. Took me about a week, but I was able to get to Silver 1 and finish the mission and now I DON'T CARE ABOUT ARENA, except to do my daily energy refill daily. When you get teams in bronze 3 and 4 that are 4 fully ascended lvl 60 LEGENDARY CHAMPS...NO, ARENA IS NOT BALANCED. When a teams point score gets above a certain level, that team should be no where near the lower lvl teams in Bronze....PERIOD. But they care about the paying customers more than the F2P ones....understandably.

The thing is, you need medals for your Great Hall (and for the progress missions that require you to level up your Great Hall). You don't have a choice but to put effort into arena if you want to get to the end-game, because you just won't be viable without the Great Hall bonuses. But since those medals are far easier and faster to farm on the low silver and high bronze levels, it gives mid-game players a strong incentive to deliberately reduce their rating and get back to a tier where they can win almost all of their battles. 

Also, while it's a good tactic to use the refresh timer and focus on teams you could beat, you'll find that some teams that look tougher than you are actually quite beatable, if you approach them with the right tactic. Do try sometimes to attack teams that look challenging - and if you lose, try to analyze if you could have won by doing something a bit differently, like targeting another champion first, or using a different aura for your team. If so, just give it another go. Personally I win many battles on the second or third attempt - sure, I'd rather win on the first attempt, but in the end I still got my medals and didn't lose much rating in the process, while maybe learning a few things to make me better in future battles. 

May 17, 2020, 20:2705/17/20
06/09/17

I'm stuck on this Mission too. Just posted this on Discord

!suggest The Progress Mission (Arena Mission) 'Win 50 Silver or Gold Medals in the Arena' seems to be out of place. I think its been there from a time when the Arena was less competitive and Silver Medals were easier to achieve. 

The missions following this one are aimed at quite a low level eg; 'Clear Stage 3 or higher of the Fire Knights Castle 5 times on auto', 'Earn 3 stars on Stage 7 of Durham forest on Hard difficulty' etc. 

So by the time you reach 50 Silver in the Arena these Missions will either be completed or not relevant or you'll have to go back and complete stuff you've already done. 

It seems a pity as up until this one the Progress Missions were matching progress and were an encouragement. 

There is another Mission coming fairly soon after this one where you need to achieve Silver II in the Arena and that will be a blocker also. What do people think about getting these Missions changed to something more in keeping with the level you are at? 

Great game guys and gals. Loving it!

May 17, 2020, 21:0205/17/20
04/14/20

It'll get worse, trust me. Definitely the arena missions are the roadblocks in the progress missions - but the thing is, you can't play endgame content unless you have a lot of Great Hall bonuses unlocked anyway. I'm also frustrated with the progress missions sometimes, but if they didn't force you to spend a lot of effort on arena all throughout your progress in the game, players might hit an even harder wall at a certain point. If you neglect the arena, at some point you won't be able to make any progress at all anymore in dungeons because you just don't have the accuracy and other stats - and then you'd have to grind endlessly in arena to catch up your Great Hall to where you should have been already. 

I do still think the number of medals required for GH progress is insanely high - it used to be lower, but they increased it, even though newer players are already at a disadvantage in arena against all the established players. But the progress missions are just a way to make you realize that and keep you from neglecting arena. 
Jun 17, 2020, 15:1506/17/20
06/03/20

I'm not entirely sure what annoys me more.  The mission itself,  or the shrugging off that it is getting, despite multiple content creators/youtubers actually admitting it is harder to progress this mission NOW than it was a few months ago. It's due to t he fact the developers are not doing anything to stop people from being in inproper brackets and not doing anything to stop the trickling no longer active accounts from being in brackets they do not belong in, in the first place.

Can you beat these teams? Sure you  can, through the grace of god and a good source of luck, or simply pulling out your wallet and praying to RNGesus that you  get the champs you want. Unless of course you  want to take your hand at farming the shards via boss/dungeons or the market place, or  possibly events. Having the Silver 1 mission where it is located at the start of the next tree is literally an impeding progress tactic and it is done so on purpose. No one in hard is in silver 1, not when the brackets of bronze 2 and up are lingering at 70k power-130k power. Seriously, get your heads out of your backsides.
Jun 17, 2020, 16:2206/17/20
05/03/20

Valdys said:

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, but imo missions are already balanced. 

Missions are balanced? are you kidding me? Valdys go back to Plarium and kiss their ass some more with the crap you just said.........mission are in no way balanced at all. Why should it take months and i mean several months to complete 1 mission? You know why, because plarium broke the game and has done nothing to fix it except have their drones like you spouting garbage like this.

The only thing that isn't broken in some aspect is the pop ups that keep shoving micro-transactions in your face trying to get you to buy them. 
Jun 17, 2020, 17:5706/17/20
05/26/20

I have the Bronze Blues too. And I don't just cherry pick easy wins. I do my fair share of fights that I probably shouldn't try, but I have no other option than to take a chance or wait 2-3 refreshes to find a team I have a chance against.

No, arena is NOT balanced, and the mission is irrelevant to the fact that Arena is a big part of the daily gameplay. It currently SUCKS if you don't have some very lucky pulls backed up by months of grinding and lucky gear drops. There are teams in Bronze that have no business being there.

I've managed to dip into Bronze 4 a few times, but it's hard to stay there when I have real life stuff to do and can't refresh 24/7 to hold my spot.

The saddest part is, that most of the teams taking me down on defense are comparable to my own, which means that those or us struggling to get to silver are feeding on each other while all of these overpowered accounts are eating up our refreshes and holding us back.

This is broken, whether the long time players/moderators/developers care to admit it and give it the attention is deserves.

Arena should be FUN. Currently it is not. It is pure frustration.

I don't want easy wins. I just want fair fights!