All Categories

Wixwell-Nerf incoming? Lot of playes will quit the game

Wixwell-Nerf incoming? Lot of playes will quit the game

Search
Comments
Oct 18, 2024, 02:3010/18/24
01/31/20
dax

There will be plenty of time to think when Plarium is on the end of my Pitchfork!!

I'll pay a dollar to see you fling them from the pitchfork into the flames! 

i

Oct 18, 2024, 02:5710/18/24
01/31/20
Onikage55

I get where you're coming from, between the 3 Hydra "Nerfs" previously that involved a single champion and the Blessings Change that required ACC suddenly, it can seem like assuming players will get over their disappointment is reasonable.

However, the problem here is that this is something that is making players AVOID playing the game. Hydra is something we spent a lot of our weekly playtime doing, so people are spending less time in the game right now. ESPECIALLY since in a lot of the Matchups for Clash, you've got clans with people who exploited the Pre-Patch access to the old version of Hydra to get massive numbers.

Now you combine that with the anger at the loss of fun people were having, as well as frustration trying to work through these changes and I can understand a lot of people being ready to quit. As soon as people start wondering "Why do I spend my time here?" you've got a huge problem.

The *potential* final straw here is the Dev's response to the rollout (which was added to my Pinned FAQ). To tell everyone "We won't do anything to address the cheaters, here's a free Primal Shard for everyone" and to have NO ETA on when the Hydra AI will be addressed, people feel insulted, belittled and anxious.

I am continually baffled by how little play-testing seems to be done by people who actually play the game and understand the game and how the mechanics work.

However, by now, I do not expect anything better from Plarium, which is why I was doomy, gloomy & argumentative about these changes when they were announced.  

I killed about 6 hrs last night running all those keys I mentioned in this thread:  https://forum.plarium.com/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/1712624_4-simultaneous-serpent-s-will-buffs---wth/

That was plenty of time for me to figure out a range of problems that could have been fixed before pushing out the patch, which would have prevented a huge chunk of the hate that is brewing.  I spent that time trialing different comps and strategies by my own choice. How hard would it be to find 20 peeps willing to run Hydra fights for a day and provide feedback for a spot of cash?  

It just doesn't make any sense that Plarium doesn't use a group of experienced players to play-test major changes from the player's perspective before they they do stuff like this that really pisses off thousands of players.

Running a Hard Hydra key on manual used to be a lot of fun.  Now, it is a grueling experience. Banging away on 3-4 heads with that stupid Serpent's Will buff and not doing any damage for countless turns is like a session of self-flagellation.  

Oct 18, 2024, 03:0910/18/24
12/16/21

That's what bothers me the most about this whole mess:

That they clearly did NOT do any testing for lower-level, sub-whale players nor consider how it would affect them.

A close 2nd is how badly they screwed up implementing the update.

I mean, for example, they could have done a system similar to demon lord, where he gradually gets tougher as the fight progresses. Only instead of tying it to turn count, you could tie it to score.

For instance, you could have taunt still work as previous until the player reaches the score for minimum chest, and after that score heads start ignoring taunt to devour.

Then you have newly-respawned heads damage reduction increased from 75% to 100% only after the player has done enough damage to reach the 2nd chest.

And then the green bar starts getting bigger each time only after the player has earned enough points for the third chest,

etc.

Oct 18, 2024, 04:4610/18/24
06/25/20

So I watched the CB fight play out - around turn 65 or so, the shield starts taking more damage than it grows, and by turn 73 the first person died. I get a bit more than 1M dmg per turn right now, which means to reach 200M I'll probably need to both last longer and get more damage. Should be easy enough though - probably gonna put Mikage in place of Sandlashed, and just make everyone faster, so I run closer to 4:3 or maybe even 2:1.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Oct 18, 2024, 13:2510/18/24
06/24/19
MooredRat

I caution you, and through you the devs, not to underestimate just how much bad blood there is because of how poorly the changes appear to have been tested and implemented on top of the changes themselves.

A LOT of people in my cluster's discord are *furious*

We shall see what, if any, changes they make to Hydra with all this feedback.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Oct 18, 2024, 13:2610/18/24
06/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

So I watched the CB fight play out - around turn 65 or so, the shield starts taking more damage than it grows, and by turn 73 the first person died. I get a bit more than 1M dmg per turn right now, which means to reach 200M I'll probably need to both last longer and get more damage. Should be easy enough though - probably gonna put Mikage in place of Sandlashed, and just make everyone faster, so I run closer to 4:3 or maybe even 2:1.

Not sure how many buffs you've got in the team but remember Wixwells growth is directly tied to that so more buffs = more gooder.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Oct 18, 2024, 13:2810/18/24
06/24/19
Onikage55

I get where you're coming from, between the 3 Hydra "Nerfs" previously that involved a single champion and the Blessings Change that required ACC suddenly, it can seem like assuming players will get over their disappointment is reasonable.

However, the problem here is that this is something that is making players AVOID playing the game. Hydra is something we spent a lot of our weekly playtime doing, so people are spending less time in the game right now. ESPECIALLY since in a lot of the Matchups for Clash, you've got clans with people who exploited the Pre-Patch access to the old version of Hydra to get massive numbers.

Now you combine that with the anger at the loss of fun people were having, as well as frustration trying to work through these changes and I can understand a lot of people being ready to quit. As soon as people start wondering "Why do I spend my time here?" you've got a huge problem.

The *potential* final straw here is the Dev's response to the rollout (which was added to my Pinned FAQ). To tell everyone "We won't do anything to address the cheaters, here's a free Primal Shard for everyone" and to have NO ETA on when the Hydra AI will be addressed, people feel insulted, belittled and anxious.

Oh I'm sure at some point or another they'll drive you all away either thru one terrible choice or the cumulative effect of bad choices.  Just musing on the complaints I've seen from the usual Forum goes led me to believe that this wouldn't be the one thing that caused them to quit.

Oct 18, 2024, 13:5910/18/24
12/19/19

I think if we focus on wixwell only, their is 0 argument for the "nerf" being excessive.   Stop conflating the issue...

But as long as we continue to digress the #1 fix @mods (I know that doesn't work) to pass on is CHANGE THE COLOR OF DECAPPED HEALTH BAR. thank you

Oct 18, 2024, 15:4110/18/24
06/25/20
ShortOnSkillz

Not sure how many buffs you've got in the team but remember Wixwells growth is directly tied to that so more buffs = more gooder.

Already running 10. The problem is eventually the damage just outpaces the shield growth, because of the cap on growth. I expect around turn 80 or so, it'd be effectively impossible to continue.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Oct 18, 2024, 15:4510/18/24
06/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Already running 10. The problem is eventually the damage just outpaces the shield growth, because of the cap on growth. I expect around turn 80 or so, it'd be effectively impossible to continue.

I've seen people getting to the turn limit still, of course don't know the builds or anything but it's still possible.

Oct 18, 2024, 15:4910/18/24
06/25/20

Interesting. If you can find some builds I'd appreciate it!

Oct 20, 2024, 15:438 days
08/26/23

i have both brogni and wixwell and as a mide game player i am uneble to go past 80 M, sometimes i even do like 55 .... i was doing 450 M before .... what a loss for our clan 

Oct 20, 2024, 17:238 days
12/19/19
Ludovic Halard

i have both brogni and wixwell and as a mide game player i am uneble to go past 80 M, sometimes i even do like 55 .... i was doing 450 M before .... what a loss for our clan 

Have you adjusted your builds at all?

Oct 20, 2024, 19:078 days
08/26/23

all of these champs have good gears, my damages are eavily based on geo and brogni, so since i dont reach turns where boss deals immself lots and lots of dammage i struggle more, should maybe change my comp, but i ve spend enough time, money and ressources in this team i m just thinking spending my time wherever else ... 

Oct 20, 2024, 22:468 days
05/03/20
Ludovic Halard

all of these champs have good gears, my damages are eavily based on geo and brogni, so since i dont reach turns where boss deals immself lots and lots of dammage i struggle more, should maybe change my comp, but i ve spend enough time, money and ressources in this team i m just thinking spending my time wherever else ... 

Dont change anything yet.  We may see Plarium throw the players a bone.  

Oct 20, 2024, 23:558 days
08/26/23
ClosedPoly

Dont change anything yet.  We may see Plarium throw the players a bone.  

i will not change, for now i m more on the verge to stop playing ^^ 

yeah saw a video yersterday from scratch saying that trunda start to do amazing damages again ...they ll have to do something i guess but im affraid all this story was just a scam to "soft" nerf some f2p players that has acces to more "easy" rewards ... not really sure that the plan was to reduce the gap between whales and others ..

Oct 21, 2024, 01:198 days
05/03/20
Ludovic Halard

i will not change, for now i m more on the verge to stop playing ^^ 

yeah saw a video yersterday from scratch saying that trunda start to do amazing damages again ...they ll have to do something i guess but im affraid all this story was just a scam to "soft" nerf some f2p players that has acces to more "easy" rewards ... not really sure that the plan was to reduce the gap between whales and others ..

Before you fully quit the game take a break.  I am doing a 30 day break from gearing new champs and buidling new teams until we see what Plarium might do.  This is a good game.  

Oct 21, 2024, 01:208 days
Oct 21, 2024, 01:21(edited)
07/01/22
ShortOnSkillz

I've seen people getting to the turn limit still, of course don't know the builds or anything but it's still possible.

I mentioned in the other thread but I wanted to ask here of any players or mods:

Is your Clash Matchup a bit closer now? Aside from the one-offs of the clans where they cheesed the damage by abusing the update, are the total points among the 5 clans much closer without huge gaps now after the update? Granted my clan isn't super-heavy hitters, I finally broke 3 billion points with my 3 keys pre-patch but this is the closest I've ever seen all the clans being with only 2 days left. Before it was like, 15-20 Billion for 1st place and 3-5 billion for 5th place

i

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 21, 2024, 06:147 days
02/24/19
Onikage55

I mentioned in the other thread but I wanted to ask here of any players or mods:

Is your Clash Matchup a bit closer now? Aside from the one-offs of the clans where they cheesed the damage by abusing the update, are the total points among the 5 clans much closer without huge gaps now after the update? Granted my clan isn't super-heavy hitters, I finally broke 3 billion points with my 3 keys pre-patch but this is the closest I've ever seen all the clans being with only 2 days left. Before it was like, 15-20 Billion for 1st place and 3-5 billion for 5th place

i

Matchups seem closer from what I've seen, yes. 

But really we'll have to see how things shake out over the next couple or few weeks. Lots of rebuilding and growing and exploiting yet to do.

Oct 21, 2024, 09:047 days
08/26/23
ClosedPoly

Before you fully quit the game take a break.  I am doing a 30 day break from gearing new champs and buidling new teams until we see what Plarium might do.  This is a good game.  

you probably right !!!