All Categories

Wixwell-Nerf incoming? Lot of playes will quit the game

Wixwell-Nerf incoming? Lot of playes will quit the game

Search
Comments
Sep 30, 2024, 20:3509/30/24
01/31/20

According to the CCs, there is no impending Wixwell Nerf.  

Sep 30, 2024, 21:1909/30/24
12/16/21
ShortOnSkillz

IDK I'm constantly tweaking and rebuilding teams because that's what I enjoy doing.  Of course I can understand the frustration of having a working team and then having it pulled out from under you.  I would say though that any changes that are forthcoming are being done with the intention of improving the game, not to screw people over.  I will 100% agree with anyone that takes issue with the timeliness of said changes though.

"intention of improving the game, not to screw people over. "

Sometimes that means catering to the spenders and screwing the ftps.

Like when they "rebalanced" polymorph to make it, quote, "more fair for everyone" by nerfing it at 5* and under, but BUFFING it at 6* for the whales? 😋

Sep 30, 2024, 22:0109/30/24
Sep 30, 2024, 23:31(edited)
07/01/22

The main reason I'm against nerfing Wixwell:

"When they came for your Corpulent Cadaver, I said nothing. When they came from your Emic, I said nothing. When they came for your Wixwell, I said nothing. When they came for my Trunda, there was no one left to speak"

Sep 30, 2024, 22:3609/30/24
Sep 30, 2024, 22:36(edited)
12/16/21
Onikage55

The main reason I'm against nerfing Wixwell:

"When they came for your Corpulent Cadaver, I said nothing. When they came from your Emic, I said nothing. When they came for your Wixwell, I said nothing. When they came for my Trunda, there was no one left to speak"

You left out Emic; he was released with unlimited shield growth, and it got capped at 10k hp

Sep 30, 2024, 23:3009/30/24
07/01/22
MooredRat

You left out Emic; he was released with unlimited shield growth, and it got capped at 10k hp

YES! I Knew I was missing one, thank you! I'll fix it

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Oct 1, 2024, 01:2110/01/24
06/24/19
dax

Personally i think it wud be 10x 1000s quitting

and while i agree with u on beating unm cb is a milestone, this game is at the point now that without doing unm cb ur account is going nowhere fast and ur locked out of most of the content, gone are the days u cud do every fusion on £10 or less  amonth without doing unm cb

and as far as a certain level of investment goes, u had to do the fusion and, if u didnt have  a unm cb team that was a biggish investment for a so so champ till half way through fusion when ppl worked out his potential

Agreed on needing CB on farm to be able to realistically do fusions.

As far as the investment thing yes of course you needed to do the fusion but my issue specifically is with the accompanying pieces.  If 60% of your team can get away with not being max level or having full masteries and you can do 5x the top chest than overall you've invested significantly less than others 1 keying.

In the end though I want people to still be able to 1 key with Wixwell, as I think it's still better for the game, just with a more balanced investment - reward ratio.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Oct 1, 2024, 01:2510/01/24
06/24/19
MooredRat

"intention of improving the game, not to screw people over. "

Sometimes that means catering to the spenders and screwing the ftps.

Like when they "rebalanced" polymorph to make it, quote, "more fair for everyone" by nerfing it at 5* and under, but BUFFING it at 6* for the whales? 😋

Who are you quoting on the "more fair for everyone"?  The Poly change was definitely not a blanket nerf that's for sure.  I think we've all said that.

Oct 1, 2024, 01:5510/01/24
12/16/21
ShortOnSkillz

Who are you quoting on the "more fair for everyone"?  The Poly change was definitely not a blanket nerf that's for sure.  I think we've all said that.

"After going through player feedback and plenty of data, we’ve identified several Blessings that needed to be adjusted to bring them all in line and ensure some choices are not inherently better than others, no matter which Champion gets them. "

Update 6.5 highlights

They were talking about "rebalancing" blessing in general, not polymorph specifically.

But to "bring things in line" "based on player feedback" they essentially buffed all the blessings at 6* and nerfed them all below 5*, which benefited only the whales who spent thousands on soulstones and screwed everyone who didn't.

Oct 1, 2024, 01:5810/01/24
07/01/22
MooredRat

"After going through player feedback and plenty of data, we’ve identified several Blessings that needed to be adjusted to bring them all in line and ensure some choices are not inherently better than others, no matter which Champion gets them. "

Update 6.5 highlights

They were talking about "rebalancing" blessing in general, not polymorph specifically.

But to "bring things in line" "based on player feedback" they essentially buffed all the blessings at 6* and nerfed them all below 5*, which benefited only the whales who spent thousands on soulstones and screwed everyone who didn't.

I have to agree with this. I didn't mind Polymorph but that Brimstone change really set back my account in progression, since it wasn't Protected anymore at 1-4 star and also required ACC (which the initial blessings release specifically stated Blessings wouldn't require ACC)

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Oct 1, 2024, 02:1410/01/24
06/24/19
MooredRat

Update 6.5 highlights

Ahhh way back when.  I vaguely remember that but I'm in agreement with you on that.  A buff for 6* without a doubt, and I still maintain it takes way way too long to get 6*s if you're not spending.

Oct 1, 2024, 02:3410/01/24
01/31/20
MooredRat

Update 6.5 highlights

Leaving aside the buff to Polymorph and the Nerf to Brimstone, if the intent was actually to "ensure some choices are not inherently better than others", they failed on that goal miserably.  

Equalizing the stats for all blessings was certianly a step in that direction, but it did not address the fact that about 50% of the possible Blessings are absolute Garbage beyond the core stats. Even with the changes they have made, there are still only a few viable Blessings that people choose over and over and over.  

Damage Dealer?  Soul Reap, Nature's Wrath, Heavencast or 6S Crushing Rend 

Support for Arena? Temporal Chains, Life Harvest, Intimidating Presence

6S Anyone in Arena: Polymorph

AoE Toon for Hydra or Damage Dealing Epic: Cruelty

A few niche uses for Miracle Heal, Faultless Defense, Emergency Heal, Nourish & Nature's Bounty, but choosing one fo these Niche Blessings means giving up the undeniable benefits of the mainstream choices...   

All the rest:  Mostly Trash.         

Oct 1, 2024, 02:3410/01/24
12/16/21
ShortOnSkillz

Ahhh way back when.  I vaguely remember that but I'm in agreement with you on that.  A buff for 6* without a doubt, and I still maintain it takes way way too long to get 6*s if you're not spending.

Which brings up the point that Iron Twins rewards are way too low for the resources;

Either cut the energy cost and have only the keys,

or have each run give coins AND essence the way the level-select screen seems to imply

Better yet, both.

Oct 1, 2024, 04:5410/01/24
07/01/22
MooredRat

Which brings up the point that Iron Twins rewards are way too low for the resources;

or have each run give coins AND essence the way the level-select screen seems to imply

Better yet, both.

Literally the number 1 reason people don't run it is the energy. Also yes, a guaranteed minimum essence at higher stages with the coins would be great. 

Oct 1, 2024, 05:1210/01/24
06/25/20

I won't speak for everyone, but I guarantee you the number 1 reason I don't run Twins is not lack of energy. It's lack of time. This goes for just about every piece of content in the game.

Oct 1, 2024, 05:5010/01/24
12/16/21

Y'know, the new Siege Battle Victory Conditions bring up an interesting application for hydra:

Put an absolute damage cap of, say 1 billion, on each hydra difficulty.

In the event of a tie in clash, whichever clan hit the cap in the fewest number of turns wins.

1. Trunda teams would still have an advantage over Wixica,
  2. there'd be no need to nerf shield growth,
  3. it would make no difference either way to the vast majority of F2P players,
  4. it would take less time for those at the highest of end-game
  5. AND there would still be motivation to improve your gear and teams to shave down total turns.
Oct 1, 2024, 06:4010/01/24
07/03/22
ShortOnSkillz

IDK I'm constantly tweaking and rebuilding teams because that's what I enjoy doing.  Of course I can understand the frustration of having a working team and then having it pulled out from under you.  I would say though that any changes that are forthcoming are being done with the intention of improving the game, not to screw people over.  I will 100% agree with anyone that takes issue with the timeliness of said changes though.

I could agree that as a whole it may be better for the game if cheese teams don't work. But the way they did it is rather despicable. We just had an increased chance for Wixwell if you chose him. It's like dangling the carrot in front of players "Hey, we offer you a chance for a champ that gets you the transcendent chest with moderate effort. Be one of the players that can get it and have an advantage from then on! You need those rewards to get future fusions more easily! Spend now on shards so you can save later!" And then when you spend and get him, build a team around him and are ready to go they say "Awww, we have to rebalance him. It's for the good of the game, you know? You experienced first hand how easy it is to get such a team going. It was never meant to be that way. Surely you understand."

This move with the increased chance is really sneaky. They put him there because they know people will want him. And the main reason is Clan Boss. There's a reason why we don't see increased chances for champs that people are not really crazy about. So this move? It's ONLY intention is to screw people over when the nerf comes.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Oct 1, 2024, 09:2410/01/24
06/24/19
MooredRat

Better yet, both.

Believe me we keep pushing on this point.

Oct 1, 2024, 10:5910/01/24
12/18/19
ShortOnSkillz

Id be surprised if it was 1000s but I could be wrong.  My whole issue with the team is people using Wixwell, a damage dealer and 3 level 50 buff extenders to do 300M damage.  UNM CB is supposed a milestone of sorts so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a certain level of investment to 1 key it.

i even use one lvl 1 lmao

i

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Oct 1, 2024, 11:1510/01/24
06/24/19
sharkium

i even use one lvl 1 lmao

i

Lol.  Couldn't even be bothered spending the pots to ascend her.  😜

Oct 2, 2024, 06:1110/02/24
07/01/22
ShortOnSkillz

In a perfect world nerf both Trunda and Wixwell into oblivion in terms of cheese level Hydra while maintaining Wixwells ability to 1 key regular CB with an appropriately geared team.

btw honestly, Trunda wouldn't be much of an issue if "splash damage" champs worked in Hydra, right now she's essentially the only viable one. The rest of them have the "If attack kills" requirement which is a big part of the problem. Just make any ABILITY, not Masteries of Passives, just Abilities that have a Kill requirement to AOE also trigger from Decaps