Wixwell-Nerf incoming? Lot of playes will quit the game

Wixwell-Nerf incoming? Lot of playes will quit the game

Search
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Oct 16, 2024, 19:3610/16/24
12/30/20
Onikage55

I always knew you were biased in favor of penguins!

mayyyybe.

Oct 16, 2024, 20:2810/16/24
Oct 16, 2024, 20:28(edited)
12/16/21
Safa Ron

Мде... Усложнили гидру, так хоть лимит урона на сундуках спустите, на кб урон упал, многие теперь 6 кб убивать не могут. 

Google translate:

"Hmm... They made the hydra more complicated, so at least lower the damage limit on chests, the damage has dropped by kb, many now cannot kill 6 kb. "

Possible bot post, but if so, right thread, right context, and I also happen to fully agree.

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 16, 2024, 20:3110/16/24
12/30/20
MooredRat

Google translate:

"Hmm... They made the hydra more complicated, so at least lower the damage limit on chests, the damage has dropped by kb, many now cannot kill 6 kb. "

Possible bot post, but if so, right thread, right context, and I also happen to fully agree.

my gut says a legit post but time shall tell 🙈

Oct 16, 2024, 21:0110/16/24
05/03/20

My Wix speed tune for any affinity UNM CB went from 500m to 90m.  I can still 1 key so its not a total disaster.  But, it does show much Wix was nerfed not just for hydra.  

Oct 16, 2024, 22:1810/16/24
12/19/19
ClosedPoly

My Wix speed tune for any affinity UNM CB went from 500m to 90m.  I can still 1 key so its not a total disaster.  But, it does show much Wix was nerfed not just for hydra.  

I would say it's no impact at all. Far from any kind of disaster.  We'll done poly!

Oct 17, 2024, 07:1510/17/24
09/14/20
Trips

I would say it's no impact at all. Far from any kind of disaster.  We'll done poly!

I would say it is a disaster for all smaller clans which progress depends on 2-3 players doing big damage on CB.

It was totally unneccessary to fix champs, content or whatever...the only thing they should have done is capping the accoutnable damage on Hydra for a key.

It was their decision to add PvP elements to PvE content...that it the problem. Nobody would have cared if Hydra remained PvE content and they set up Hydra Clash in a different way...

Oct 17, 2024, 14:1510/17/24
07/23/20

This is my clan, I have been banging 2 keys per day into UNM and getting 500-600m for them, we have had loads of double UNM rewards, this nerf has killed that for us, I don't feel like playing any more.

Oct 17, 2024, 16:0910/17/24
Oct 17, 2024, 16:11(edited)
09/21/20
adamoslmfb

This is my clan, I have been banging 2 keys per day into UNM and getting 500-600m for them, we have had loads of double UNM rewards, this nerf has killed that for us, I don't feel like playing any more.

This may sound a little harsh but I think the Wixwell-dominated teams were rather a fudge for CB for those clans like yours that perhaps shouldn't be hitting those rewards, as it certainly isn't intended that one or two players alone beat it. In that sense Wixwell 'broke' CB so perhaps a 'fix' should have been expected, especially as he was so widely available and making the teams to break it weren't that difficult.

Oct 17, 2024, 16:1110/17/24
12/19/19
Matrim

I would say it is a disaster for all smaller clans which progress depends on 2-3 players doing big damage on CB.

It was totally unneccessary to fix champs, content or whatever...the only thing they should have done is capping the accoutnable damage on Hydra for a key.

It was their decision to add PvP elements to PvE content...that it the problem. Nobody would have cared if Hydra remained PvE content and they set up Hydra Clash in a different way...

Are we talking about clans with <20 members? 

People that want to progress change clans that fit their level.

If we expect plarium to be concerned with casual f2p low engagement players, disappointment is your fate.

Wixwell teams can still 1 key with moderate builds, 2 key with shit builds, and top builds are doing 400m +.  I think we can put the pitchforks away.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Oct 17, 2024, 16:2510/17/24
06/24/19
Trips

If we expect plarium to be concerned with casual f2p low engagement players, disappointment is your fate.

Wixwell teams can still 1 key with moderate builds, 2 key with shit builds, and top builds are doing 400m +.  I think we can put the pitchforks away.

Plarium would probably double their revenue if they opened a new division specializing in the development and sale of pitchforks.

Oct 17, 2024, 16:3510/17/24
06/25/20

I am sad that the wix need for cb means I can't just clear it for the clan, but I can't really be that upset, since it made zero sense for it to be possible to begin with. Now I need to see whether I can change the team to still actually do decent damage, since I'm guessing it does still last a fairly long time. Will need to run on auto and see.

Oct 17, 2024, 16:5510/17/24
09/14/20
Trips

I can just describe from my experience:

We have been a very active clan with 30 active members just 2 years ago. Several decisions of Plarium led to more and more of the experienced players to quit and never come back. Be it soulstones/blessings/hydra/hydra clash/live arena whatever. 

What did we do as an experienced clan having only a score of active players left? We tried to get new members to teach them, build up their teams and lead their progress to become players with good accounts. How did this work? By 3-4 players building up good Clanboss teams to be able to also hit down to hard CB to guarantee double chests for CB 3-6 for newer members to get more results.

I can imagine this also worked for other clans. Will people who want to progress change clans? What shall our newer members do? Switch to a lower-level clan? This will not advance their progress...

Will we for another year put many ressources and way too much time into rebuilding our CB teams? No...half of the experienced players stil trying to do this work left because of recent changes...so essentially our Clan which we tried to keep alive with much energy and effort is practically dead...

I can understand your 3rd sentence and copy that...but essentially I can also say that I have no more motivation in me to play this game if these changes remain in place. Especially as there have been many less complicated and more effecitve solutions to the problem. Fix Trundas A2, cap Wixwell shields for Hydra only, cap the accountable damage on a single hydra run, split up PvE and PvP in Hydra Clash...none of those have been taking and the way those changes have been implemented...they seem to have never been playtested if the devs actually thought that 4 hydra heads with 100% damage negation shield would only be a scarce occurence..

Oct 17, 2024, 18:5010/17/24
06/25/20

Literally exactly the same scenario as Matrim, fwiw.

Oct 17, 2024, 20:4410/17/24
12/19/19
Matrim

I can just describe from my experience:

We have been a very active clan with 30 active members just 2 years ago. Several decisions of Plarium led to more and more of the experienced players to quit and never come back. Be it soulstones/blessings/hydra/hydra clash/live arena whatever. 

What did we do as an experienced clan having only a score of active players left? We tried to get new members to teach them, build up their teams and lead their progress to become players with good accounts. How did this work? By 3-4 players building up good Clanboss teams to be able to also hit down to hard CB to guarantee double chests for CB 3-6 for newer members to get more results.

I can imagine this also worked for other clans. Will people who want to progress change clans? What shall our newer members do? Switch to a lower-level clan? This will not advance their progress...

Will we for another year put many ressources and way too much time into rebuilding our CB teams? No...half of the experienced players stil trying to do this work left because of recent changes...so essentially our Clan which we tried to keep alive with much energy and effort is practically dead...

I can understand your 3rd sentence and copy that...but essentially I can also say that I have no more motivation in me to play this game if these changes remain in place. Especially as there have been many less complicated and more effecitve solutions to the problem. Fix Trundas A2, cap Wixwell shields for Hydra only, cap the accountable damage on a single hydra run, split up PvE and PvP in Hydra Clash...none of those have been taking and the way those changes have been implemented...they seem to have never been playtested if the devs actually thought that 4 hydra heads with 100% damage negation shield would only be a scarce occurence..

Do most of your clan members have Wix? If so, I really don't see an issue.  I mean a 2key isnt the end of the world.  You bring up a variety of unrelated issues, I can address how your opinion on each is wrong individually if you'd like in seperate threads.  Otherwise everytime u see that I am right u detour to dev testing or bad AI which is unrelated :)  Might as well blame Trump or Biden/Kamala too :) 

Oct 17, 2024, 20:5810/17/24
05/03/20
kramaswamy.kr

Literally exactly the same scenario as Matrim, fwiw.

I hope this wont push any of the forum players to leave the game.  This forum is what keeps me here.  I am older and working out complex teams is more difficult now.  This forum helps me with that.  

Whatever Plarium throws at us, lets everyone take some time to think.  

Oct 17, 2024, 22:2710/17/24
12/07/20
ClosedPoly

I hope this wont push any of the forum players to leave the game.  This forum is what keeps me here.  I am older and working out complex teams is more difficult now.  This forum helps me with that.  

There will be plenty of time to think when Plarium is on the end of my Pitchfork!!

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Oct 17, 2024, 23:3310/17/24
06/24/19
ClosedPoly

Id be surprised if this was the thing that pushed any of the regulars out.

Oct 17, 2024, 23:4710/17/24
06/25/20

Honestly? It could very well be that final straw. One of the few things keeping me around is the clan, and if that dies off because unm cb becomes impossible to clear, then yeah, I could totally see myself just throwing in the towel. But we'll see. I'm not ready to give up on the wixwell team yet, I have a feeling I can still get it to 200m or so.

Oct 18, 2024, 00:0410/18/24
12/16/21
ShortOnSkillz

I caution you, and through you the devs, not to underestimate just how much bad blood there is because of how poorly the changes appear to have been tested and implemented on top of the changes themselves.

A LOT of people in my cluster's discord are *furious*

Oct 18, 2024, 00:2410/18/24
07/01/22
ShortOnSkillz

I get where you're coming from, between the 3 Hydra "Nerfs" previously that involved a single champion and the Blessings Change that required ACC suddenly, it can seem like assuming players will get over their disappointment is reasonable.

However, the problem here is that this is something that is making players AVOID playing the game. Hydra is something we spent a lot of our weekly playtime doing, so people are spending less time in the game right now. ESPECIALLY since in a lot of the Matchups for Clash, you've got clans with people who exploited the Pre-Patch access to the old version of Hydra to get massive numbers.

Now you combine that with the anger at the loss of fun people were having, as well as frustration trying to work through these changes and I can understand a lot of people being ready to quit. As soon as people start wondering "Why do I spend my time here?" you've got a huge problem.

The *potential* final straw here is the Dev's response to the rollout (which was added to my Pinned FAQ). To tell everyone "We won't do anything to address the cheaters, here's a free Primal Shard for everyone" and to have NO ETA on when the Hydra AI will be addressed, people feel insulted, belittled and anxious.