All Categories

Wixwell-Nerf incoming? Lot of playes will quit the game

Search
Sep 29, 2024, 16:5409/29/24
11/15/23

Hi Plarium,

I saw a video from Nubs, in which he statet that you will nerf wixwell, the community-Fusion-Champ. This is absolute bullshit if you do this and by the way if you let this mega OP Trunda-Teams in Hydraclash alive. Trunda-Teams record is 120B, the Wixwell-Record ist 15B, so Trundas make more than 8times more damage.

Wixwell is a good champ for the low spendes in the game and dont forget, that you have a lot of low spenders like I who spend about 20-50 dollars a month. Many of them will quit the game - I am sure, if you nerf again the only way normal players have a litte chance to compete in Clash for example.

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 29, 2024, 17:2109/29/24
12/18/19

i

Sep 29, 2024, 18:3109/29/24
Sep 29, 2024, 18:32(edited)
11/16/20

If both wixwell and trunda hydra teams are nerfed, ngl I will be happy about it.

I have the pieces for a yannica+wixwell comp but have not put the time into making it work.

I dont not have the pieces for a trunda team.

Each week hydra clash is won by what ever clan is running more of these 2 teams. It is beyond cheese and I would be happy to see it gone. That is me personally and understand why people would be extremely angry over it.

Sep 29, 2024, 20:0609/29/24
12/07/20

The only reason they are gunna nerf Wixwell is in preperation for releasing the 'great void' what ever form the 3rd clan boss takes, it will likelys be a longish fight with plenty of oppotunity to exploit a Wixwell team

I remember watching a Saph vid after ppl worked out how to use Wixwell, he was making the point any game mechanic such as shield growth that isnt capped is bad game design and will come back to bite u in the arse, 

Considering a trained monkey wud make a better job of game testing than whatever/whoever/if any is done now, this is the situation they find themselves in so a nerf to Wixwell is enevitable!!

Sep 29, 2024, 20:3509/29/24
06/11/22

I'm a low spender in the game too, at probably $20-$50 USD a month as the OP states. I'm pretty sad to have seen the video by Nub Raids that shows game code indicating a Wixwell Nerf.  Plarium had indicated some nerfs to Hydra teams/champions a few months ago, which is why I haven't upgraded any Hydra specific champions in that timeframe. But a Wixwell nerf that seems very specific for Hydra only a few months after releasing Emic and nerfing Emic between Test Server access and the Fusion start based soley on his shield growth (which would be the reason for nerfing Wixwell for Hydra), seems pretty ridiculous. Shouldn't they have learned their lesson with Emic? 

I would think a nerf to Trunda, who is amazing for Hydra but doesn't actually work as intended/described, would be done before Wixwell. The only reason to nerf Wixwell and not Trunda is to show favoritism to spenders.

I love the game, but have been very skeptical of Plarium's decisions recently. I'm not sure I'll keep playing if Plarium nerfs Wixwell. Eventhough I haven't built a Wixwell Hydra team. There's lots of ways I can spend my time. I think a Wixwell nerf would make me decide to spend my time in better ways than playing a game that seemingly doesn't care much about their player base.

Sep 29, 2024, 21:0909/29/24
Sep 29, 2024, 21:09(edited)
04/18/20

It destroys any catch up champs for people who dont have a sea of red mythicals and trundas. There are a lot of new players running Wixwell for CB that will not work. 

It is a slap in the face to the community champion. 

Sep 29, 2024, 21:1309/29/24
04/18/20

Buff mythicals, nerf accessable champs that most of the player base has. 

Sep 30, 2024, 03:0209/30/24
07/01/22

I don't think they need to nerf him now that Hydra matchups have become more balanced (or at least they seem to be). However, it's not certain what "Shield Cap Multiplier = 4" means. It could just mean that the increase will stop at 4 buffs instead of being up to 10. So you'll still be able to grow shields to huge amounts, just not as quickly.

Personally I'm surprised they're not focused on Yannica since she's easy to get by all players and the damage is coming from her.

Sep 30, 2024, 04:2209/30/24
01/31/20
Onikage55

I don't think they need to nerf him now that Hydra matchups have become more balanced (or at least they seem to be). However, it's not certain what "Shield Cap Multiplier = 4" means. It could just mean that the increase will stop at 4 buffs instead of being up to 10. So you'll still be able to grow shields to huge amounts, just not as quickly.

Personally I'm surprised they're not focused on Yannica since she's easy to get by all players and the damage is coming from her.

Yanncia is useless w/o the Shield Growth.

If the shield multiplier maxes at N=4, the shields will not grow to the level needed for Hydra Explosions.  Trying to grow the shields with less than 5-6 buffs does not work. I have tried a few times.  

Sep 30, 2024, 09:4409/30/24
11/15/23

If they nerf Wixwell for a new ClanBoss-Content or any other new content, ok, this is ok, but if they change it for the actuall CB und Hydra, it will be a "game deleting change" for me. It was so much time I spend to get this team working now, and if all this efforts are for nothing, I have no fun to spend much more time and money in game, where such things could happen. If they bring champs, they have to test it before and if we players pay money, ressources and a lot of time, it is not fair, if they nerf champs, all players have and let the much more OP and broken Champs, only the heavy spenders have out of the order. This is a slap into the face of 95% of the playerbase and if Plarium only want his game for the 5% of heavy spenders, than ok.

Sep 30, 2024, 11:5209/30/24
08/14/23

Personally I see this nerf as absurd. Wixwell was a community built champ and his kit isn't broken, it's working exactly as it should. If Plarium isn't happy with how Wixwell was built they should of never put it out to the community in the first place.

The problem is how many variants of teams you can build.

For Clan Boss all the rare buff extenders should be made 4 turn cool down to limit how easy it is to build a clan boss team.

As for Hydra Yannica should be limited not Wixwell and more importantly there is a champ who needs a serious nerf but they won't nerf them in Tundra.

Nerf Wixwell nerf Tundra, it's as simple as that...

Sep 30, 2024, 13:2909/30/24
11/15/23

And nerf Yumeko so she could not reset herself.

Sep 30, 2024, 13:3509/30/24
05/01/23

If they nerf Wixwell and it affect my 1 key CB UNM, I will leave. This is cheating your customers and in no way acceptable 

I spent 2k in the game, and I spend almost monthly, so they will lose a paying customer. I'm sure other developers/ businesses will be happy to have my money

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Sep 30, 2024, 13:5509/30/24
Sep 30, 2024, 13:56(edited)
06/24/19

In a perfect world nerf both Trunda and Wixwell into oblivion in terms of cheese level Hydra while maintaining Wixwells ability to 1 key regular CB with an appropriately geared team.

Sep 30, 2024, 15:2409/30/24
12/07/20
ShortOnSkillz

In a perfect world nerf both Trunda and Wixwell into oblivion in terms of cheese level Hydra while maintaining Wixwells ability to 1 key regular CB with an appropriately geared team.

Completely agree with this, Except the bit about Trunda

if them nerfing Wixwell messes up normal cb teams, they will lose 1000s of lower level players who have got used to 1 keying top 4 stages of cb

as far as Hydra goes, cant say iam really that bothered about clash since the introduction of the milestone rewards, who wants to use a manual cheese team that from all accounts works 50% of the time if ur lucky, not me for 1 hence the reason i never built it

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Sep 30, 2024, 19:1809/30/24
06/24/19
dax

Completely agree with this, Except the bit about Trunda

if them nerfing Wixwell messes up normal cb teams, they will lose 1000s of lower level players who have got used to 1 keying top 4 stages of cb

as far as Hydra goes, cant say iam really that bothered about clash since the introduction of the milestone rewards, who wants to use a manual cheese team that from all accounts works 50% of the time if ur lucky, not me for 1 hence the reason i never built it

Id be surprised if it was 1000s but I could be wrong.  My whole issue with the team is people using Wixwell, a damage dealer and 3 level 50 buff extenders to do 300M damage.  UNM CB is supposed a milestone of sorts so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a certain level of investment to 1 key it.

Sep 30, 2024, 19:3709/30/24
09/14/20
ShortOnSkillz

Id be surprised if it was 1000s but I could be wrong.  My whole issue with the team is people using Wixwell, a damage dealer and 3 level 50 buff extenders to do 300M damage.  UNM CB is supposed a milestone of sorts so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a certain level of investment to 1 key it.

But how many times do you want to rebuild your teams? 

I built cadaver teams....got nerfed...and I was totally frustrated as it took me several weeks to build the corresponding team around him.

I built other teams which are not working naymore.

Now I have a Wixwell team to autorun all CBs...

I would not be amused or motivated if I have to build a new auto-team again.

Sometimes it is just enough and Plarium is very close to this border with all the recent decisions/bad designs/half-cooked content...

Sep 30, 2024, 20:1809/30/24
01/31/20
ShortOnSkillz

I agree with you 100%, but they really should have taken care of it immediately.  

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Sep 30, 2024, 20:2309/30/24
Sep 30, 2024, 20:24(edited)
06/24/19
Matrim

But how many times do you want to rebuild your teams? 

I built cadaver teams....got nerfed...and I was totally frustrated as it took me several weeks to build the corresponding team around him.

I built other teams which are not working naymore.

Now I have a Wixwell team to autorun all CBs...

I would not be amused or motivated if I have to build a new auto-team again.

Sometimes it is just enough and Plarium is very close to this border with all the recent decisions/bad designs/half-cooked content...

IDK I'm constantly tweaking and rebuilding teams because that's what I enjoy doing.  Of course I can understand the frustration of having a working team and then having it pulled out from under you.  I would say though that any changes that are forthcoming are being done with the intention of improving the game, not to screw people over.  I will 100% agree with anyone that takes issue with the timeliness of said changes though.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Sep 30, 2024, 20:2409/30/24
06/24/19
WileyMan

I agree with you 100%, but they really should have taken care of it immediately.  

1000%.  Letting Trunda run rampant for over a year and Wixwell / Yannica for however long now is madness and will naturally irk people when they finally do get changed.

Sep 30, 2024, 20:3409/30/24
12/07/20
ShortOnSkillz

Personally i think it wud be 10x 1000s quitting

and while i agree with u on beating unm cb is a milestone, this game is at the point now that without doing unm cb ur account is going nowhere fast and ur locked out of most of the content, gone are the days u cud do every fusion on £10 or less  amonth without doing unm cb

and as far as a certain level of investment goes, u had to do the fusion and, if u didnt have  a unm cb team that was a biggish investment for a so so champ till half way through fusion when ppl worked out his potential