All Categories

Arena Team Help

Arena Team Help

Search
Jan 11, 2024, 03:1801/11/24
09/04/23

Arena Team Help

I'm stuck in Silver 2 Arena and can't farm Great Hall, it's excruciating.

Here's my current roster. Tips on who to use for both offense and defense?

i

i

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 11, 2024, 04:0801/11/24
06/25/20

You're going to put yourself at a *major* disadvantage if you start wasting resources here. It's very easy to blow all your silver and books on champs that have no real use anywhere else. I *strongly* discourage you from doing this.

You really don't have the pieces required to make a truly functional team. Just use your four best-geared champs and win where you can.

Jan 11, 2024, 04:3801/11/24
09/04/23
kramaswamy.kr

You're going to put yourself at a *major* disadvantage if you start wasting resources here. It's very easy to blow all your silver and books on champs that have no real use anywhere else. I *strongly* discourage you from doing this.

You really don't have the pieces required to make a truly functional team. Just use your four best-geared champs and win where you can.

Darn, I was afraid of that. I watched a video to build a blender team and I don't even have the champs to do that lol.

How do I know who's worth booking?

FYI I finally defeated FK level 13!

Jan 11, 2024, 04:5501/11/24
06/25/20

Arena is one of those rare places where books aren't usually the dealbreaker. The only things that *really* need books for arena are debuffers/CC, to make sure their moves land 100% of the time.

But the bigger problem is that you're going to be facing a lot of people with much better gear and champs than you, and so you can't really compete on equal footing. You have to build teams that counter the ones you face, and you don't have the champs to do that.

Keep an eye out for Cardinal or Skullcrown. They can both enable some pretty good early-game teams. But for now, as I keep telling you, stop paying so much attention to those missions. The rewards really aren't that great. What you need to spend your energy on is Dragon 20.

PS - as I keep telling you in every one of these threads you create: your real focus, now that you have a Dragon 20 team, is to build a CB team that can get top chest in Nightmare CB. And you have the champs for that.

Jan 11, 2024, 05:1101/11/24
09/04/23
kramaswamy.kr

Arena is one of those rare places where books aren't usually the dealbreaker. The only things that *really* need books for arena are debuffers/CC, to make sure their moves land 100% of the time.

But the bigger problem is that you're going to be facing a lot of people with much better gear and champs than you, and so you can't really compete on equal footing. You have to build teams that counter the ones you face, and you don't have the champs to do that.

Keep an eye out for Cardinal or Skullcrown. They can both enable some pretty good early-game teams. But for now, as I keep telling you, stop paying so much attention to those missions. The rewards really aren't that great. What you need to spend your energy on is Dragon 20.

PS - as I keep telling you in every one of these threads you create: your real focus, now that you have a Dragon 20 team, is to build a CB team that can get top chest in Nightmare CB. And you have the champs for that.

I do have Cardinal. I haven't gotten her leveled up though.

So who would the Dragon 20 team be? I'm only at level 13 on Dragon as well. And I am trying to build a CB team...who should I build for that? 

And I'm keeping everything you say in mind. I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I thought that's what this forum is for?

Jan 11, 2024, 09:5401/11/24
01/15/21
Player 130261384

So who would the Dragon 20 team be? I'm only at level 13 on Dragon as well. And I am trying to build a CB team...who should I build for that? 

And I'm keeping everything you say in mind. I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I thought that's what this forum is for?

Questions are never bad!

For dragon and clan boss early game i would advise similar strategies.

On dragon you need to do three things

1) Clear the waves

2) Kill the dragon

3) Stay alive.

To kill the waves quickly you want an aoe nuker combined with someone to drop defence (and ideally weaken at the same time). If you want to kill the waves but dont mind it being slower then poison will work

To kill the dragon in early game you want poison.

To stay alive, a healer or reviver.

So venomage is a definite in your team, hes a decent champ overall for all sorts of content. Kael is a decent nuker so would probably be good for clearing waves, and stag knight will both drop defence and drop attack for you. I would also put uugo in the team for the heal and cleanse personally.

For clan boss, its similar things you need- poison is great for early game clan boss, and you need to stay alive while doing damage.

One thing that really helps early game clan boss is warmaster or giant slayer mastery- if your a1 is a triple hitter the champ wants giant slayer, if the champs a1 is a single or double hitter, go with warmaster.

Jan 11, 2024, 15:1401/11/24
Jan 11, 2024, 15:17(edited)
05/26/22

Dang you are stacked with Nukers and no good rezzers. With one good rezzer you could put that person in stoneskin and live through the inital onslaught, pop back up and nuke their team. 

First off you have some really great champions to build around in the game so I wouldn't be too dishartened. Uggo and Stag are great champions. Venommage's worth skyrocketed recently and is a good champion in a lot of aspects of the game. Scyl is going to help out your roster quite a bit once you get her. 

Honestly if you build WuKong as a nuker you can take out a lot of teams. But I would just focus on 1 person teams and slowly crawl your way up over time. Get in your 5 battles and work on some other things. But if you want to play it for fun -- because that is what this game is about -- here is the team I would build with the limited knowledge that I have of your team. 

I would build the team as Wukong, Kael, Stag, and doompriest. You just need to survive long enough to get away your staff of wonder and hope for the best. I would pick Uggo but you are already skipping 50% defense on the other team and can lock out their buffs if they cannot cleanse the block buffs. Better to have Kael take the health down low enough on the team so that WuKong can take them out. Plus Kael is easy to book. You may need to play with that a little. The good thing for you about WuKong is that his staff of wonder cannot crit so you don't have to worry about getting a good crit rate or crit damage percentage. You can focus on accuracy and attack. Don't even worry too much about speed because the idea is that WuKong dies, pops back up, and then nukes the other team. You will quickly learn what teams you can win against and what teams either can out surive you or nuke you before you get your chance. 

Once again though you have some really good champions to build around in this game. Doompriest is clutch. Uggo helps out quite a bit. Staag Knight is awesome. Lady Annabelle can get you through some of the harder parts of the game. It just takes time. 

Jan 11, 2024, 21:0601/11/24
09/04/23
Trevor Wilson

Questions are never bad!

For dragon and clan boss early game i would advise similar strategies.

On dragon you need to do three things

1) Clear the waves

2) Kill the dragon

3) Stay alive.

To kill the waves quickly you want an aoe nuker combined with someone to drop defence (and ideally weaken at the same time). If you want to kill the waves but dont mind it being slower then poison will work

To kill the dragon in early game you want poison.

To stay alive, a healer or reviver.

So venomage is a definite in your team, hes a decent champ overall for all sorts of content. Kael is a decent nuker so would probably be good for clearing waves, and stag knight will both drop defence and drop attack for you. I would also put uugo in the team for the heal and cleanse personally.

For clan boss, its similar things you need- poison is great for early game clan boss, and you need to stay alive while doing damage.

One thing that really helps early game clan boss is warmaster or giant slayer mastery- if your a1 is a triple hitter the champ wants giant slayer, if the champs a1 is a single or double hitter, go with warmaster.

I appreciate you saying that. Being new to Raid and RPG games in general, I am learning every aspect for the first time.

This is a lot of great information that I needed. A lot to absorb but I will put it into practice.

Thanks so much!

Jan 11, 2024, 21:1301/11/24
09/04/23
Shibb

Dang you are stacked with Nukers and no good rezzers. With one good rezzer you could put that person in stoneskin and live through the inital onslaught, pop back up and nuke their team. 

First off you have some really great champions to build around in the game so I wouldn't be too dishartened. Uggo and Stag are great champions. Venommage's worth skyrocketed recently and is a good champion in a lot of aspects of the game. Scyl is going to help out your roster quite a bit once you get her. 

Honestly if you build WuKong as a nuker you can take out a lot of teams. But I would just focus on 1 person teams and slowly crawl your way up over time. Get in your 5 battles and work on some other things. But if you want to play it for fun -- because that is what this game is about -- here is the team I would build with the limited knowledge that I have of your team. 

I would build the team as Wukong, Kael, Stag, and doompriest. You just need to survive long enough to get away your staff of wonder and hope for the best. I would pick Uggo but you are already skipping 50% defense on the other team and can lock out their buffs if they cannot cleanse the block buffs. Better to have Kael take the health down low enough on the team so that WuKong can take them out. Plus Kael is easy to book. You may need to play with that a little. The good thing for you about WuKong is that his staff of wonder cannot crit so you don't have to worry about getting a good crit rate or crit damage percentage. You can focus on accuracy and attack. Don't even worry too much about speed because the idea is that WuKong dies, pops back up, and then nukes the other team. You will quickly learn what teams you can win against and what teams either can out surive you or nuke you before you get your chance. 

Once again though you have some really good champions to build around in this game. Doompriest is clutch. Uggo helps out quite a bit. Staag Knight is awesome. Lady Annabelle can get you through some of the harder parts of the game. It just takes time. 

I will see how that team works. Does it matter which order they go in?

What I'm still learning is how to identify nukers, etc for my own team and opponents. What is a rezzer?

Thank you for all these tips and ideas. I really appreciate it.

Jan 11, 2024, 22:1201/11/24
05/03/20
Player 130261384

I will see how that team works. Does it matter which order they go in?

What I'm still learning is how to identify nukers, etc for my own team and opponents. What is a rezzer?

Thank you for all these tips and ideas. I really appreciate it.

Kram gave you good advice.  Build your Dragon 20 team first.  That helps you to get better gear.  

Kram gave me the same advice.  I had to learn to focus on one issue at a time.  Choose a priority and focus on it.  Then move to the next.  This game lasts for years.  Be patient and have a lot of fun.  

Jan 11, 2024, 22:2301/11/24
Jan 11, 2024, 22:30(edited)
05/26/22

A rezzer is someone that can bring your team back from the dead. In the absence of one Vogoth is a good person to have on your team to help against AOE nukers. A lot of higher end PvP players use Vogoth. He is just awsome all the way around.  

Later on in the game it will matter who goes first but speed tuning your team right now would be a resource waste. 

If you really really wanted to try for a Go-first team it would be High-Khatun to speed boost your team, Stag Knight or Uggo to drop defense, Kael to nuke, and WuKong to finish them off. You would want WuKong in the 1st position for his aura. If you run into a lot of stoneskin you would want WuKong to go 2nd to strip the stoneskin. It would work well but it  would really set you back spending resources to get that team to work at this point and overall you aren't going to win the speed race. Players dump a stupid amount of resources into Arbiter to try to be faster than the other person's arbiter. You just aren't going to be faster than those teams most of the time.

That is why I am saying to pretty much put everything into WuKong because you will not have to try to out-speed pace the other team and you don't have to stack crit and crit rate. My WuKong regularly nukes entire teams where the player is level 100. I have him in savage gear so I am ignoring 75% of the person's defense when I hit and then perception gear for the additional accuracy and speed.The key is keeping at least one person alive on your team so that WuKong can keep popping back up from death and attacking. Vogoth could do that for you I think. 

The more I think about it I would put High Khutun on your team for the speed up and speed down. Even though WuKong pops back up with a full turn meter he has to go after other champions that have their turn meter full. High Khutun can help swing that in your favor so that WuKong doesn't die again before he gets to attack. You are just going to have to play around with it for a bit. So I think a really good team would be WuKong, Vogoth, High Khutun, and Kael. That team will be successfull for a good long while. While you are leveling up Vogoth you can either put Doompriest or Uggo in the spot. It just depends on if you need to strip debuffs or need the healing to stay alive. 

Jan 11, 2024, 22:2701/11/24
Jan 11, 2024, 22:30(edited)
05/26/22

As others have said though, I would put your effort into other parts of the game. It will help you in the long run. One thing that players that have been around for a long time forget is how much effort and time it takes to get a full set of masteries on your first few champions. 

Jan 11, 2024, 23:0801/11/24
09/04/23
ClosedPoly

Kram gave you good advice.  Build your Dragon 20 team first.  That helps you to get better gear.  

Kram gave me the same advice.  I had to learn to focus on one issue at a time.  Choose a priority and focus on it.  Then move to the next.  This game lasts for years.  Be patient and have a lot of fun.  

I'm not patient but I will learn to be!

Great advice to focus on one issue at a time. I'm kind of all over the place.

Jan 11, 2024, 23:1101/11/24
05/03/20
Player 130261384

I'm not patient but I will learn to be!

Great advice to focus on one issue at a time. I'm kind of all over the place.

I have a priority list but there are days I wander into the tall grass and get lost.  Its not the end of the world.  

Be sure you have FUN and all the other stuff will take care of itself.  

Jan 11, 2024, 23:1201/11/24
09/04/23
Shibb

A rezzer is someone that can bring your team back from the dead. In the absence of one Vogoth is a good person to have on your team to help against AOE nukers. A lot of higher end PvP players use Vogoth. He is just awsome all the way around.  

Later on in the game it will matter who goes first but speed tuning your team right now would be a resource waste. 

If you really really wanted to try for a Go-first team it would be High-Khatun to speed boost your team, Stag Knight or Uggo to drop defense, Kael to nuke, and WuKong to finish them off. You would want WuKong in the 1st position for his aura. If you run into a lot of stoneskin you would want WuKong to go 2nd to strip the stoneskin. It would work well but it  would really set you back spending resources to get that team to work at this point and overall you aren't going to win the speed race. Players dump a stupid amount of resources into Arbiter to try to be faster than the other person's arbiter. You just aren't going to be faster than those teams most of the time.

That is why I am saying to pretty much put everything into WuKong because you will not have to try to out-speed pace the other team and you don't have to stack crit and crit rate. My WuKong regularly nukes entire teams where the player is level 100. I have him in savage gear so I am ignoring 75% of the person's defense when I hit and then perception gear for the additional accuracy and speed.The key is keeping at least one person alive on your team so that WuKong can keep popping back up from death and attacking. Vogoth could do that for you I think. 

The more I think about it I would put High Khutun on your team for the speed up and speed down. Even though WuKong pops back up with a full turn meter he has to go after other champions that have their turn meter full. High Khutun can help swing that in your favor so that WuKong doesn't die again before he gets to attack. You are just going to have to play around with it for a bit. So I think a really good team would be WuKong, Vogoth, High Khutun, and Kael. That team will be successfull for a good long while. While you are leveling up Vogoth you can either put Doompriest or Uggo in the spot. It just depends on if you need to strip debuffs or need the healing to stay alive. 

Oh, so is my Tagoar a rezzer then?

I'll try a team with WuKong, Doompriest or Uugo (until Vogoth higher), High Khatun, and Kael. 

Jan 11, 2024, 23:1401/11/24
09/04/23
ClosedPoly

I have a priority list but there are days I wander into the tall grass and get lost.  Its not the end of the world.  

Be sure you have FUN and all the other stuff will take care of itself.  

I love that analogy. I am very much the same at times.

I'm really enjoying the game, learning what it's all about, and finding I'm a lot more competitive at 52 then I was as a teenager lol.

Jan 11, 2024, 23:3801/11/24
05/03/20
Player 130261384

I love that analogy. I am very much the same at times.

I'm really enjoying the game, learning what it's all about, and finding I'm a lot more competitive at 52 then I was as a teenager lol.

I am 76.  If my memory were better I would not ask the same questions over and over.    lol

Your Tagoar is a decent reviver.  He revives all.  But that skill is on a 7 turn cooldown (5 turns if booked) so he wont get to use that often.  Build him with as much speed as you can so he can cycle back to A3 more often.  You will get better revivers but use him for now.  Most of your champs will be replaced over time.  

Jan 12, 2024, 03:4501/12/24
06/25/20
Player 130261384

Oh, so is my Tagoar a rezzer then?

I'll try a team with WuKong, Doompriest or Uugo (until Vogoth higher), High Khatun, and Kael. 

It won't matter. The team will just die instantly. You can't play those kind of fights. You're simply going to get out-geared and outmatched. Try teams if you'd like, but please do nothing more than just try them out. Don't spend silver upgrading gear for them, don't spend books either.

Jan 12, 2024, 03:4801/12/24
06/25/20
Player 130261384

Eventually - and I really mean *eventually*. Your arena team will be Cardinal in Stoneskin + 3 nukers. But clearly that requires Stoneskin first, which is something out of your reach currently.

As for Dragon 20 and CB - start new threads with those specific questions. I'll answer Dragon 20 here just because others already have - but I'm 99% sure I already gave you your Dragon 20 team.

Tagoar, Stag Knight, Venomage, Doompriest, and Apoth. Should be more than enough to win. If you aren't, it's a gear question, not a team question.

Jan 12, 2024, 11:0601/12/24
Jan 12, 2024, 11:08(edited)
01/26/21

When i was in Silver and lower levels of Arena, I prioritised getting my turn order and speed on my lead as fast as possible, had speed substats on every piece of gear and Speed boots of course...things started to change once i got my Speed over 190+  i started going first and being able to take the initiative in fights.

my advise, make sure you can farm 20 Dragon, you levelled solid champs to 60.

I dont know what some of those champs you have do, 

But a solid starter team can be High Khatun, Sun Wukong, Uggo(his debuff ability is amamazing I was using Warmaiden before i got him) , then Kael last as  your nuker...

Ive seen builds with  an Apothecary second so the team doesnt get cut off, 

try to farm weaker teams and teams at your level or lower... check their player power and also their team power

when you spend more and more time in arena you will slowly start to see the match outcomes etc..

take some time to read your opponent's champs team abilities...it will help you locate the threat and understand how their team runs.

you can cheese your way to Gold by being very careful what teams you attack...it takes a while though...

dont be discouraged by losses 

try to avoid matchups you know you will loose...

slowly start to tweak gear here and there as you farm and progress in other parts of the game... I mainly use a ton of gear i can craft and get from Clan boss etc compared to farmable gear from dungeons etc since i can manipulate the pieces I want from the Forge. 

Jan 12, 2024, 13:4201/12/24
05/26/22
ClosedPoly

I am 76.  If my memory were better I would not ask the same questions over and over.    lol

Your Tagoar is a decent reviver.  He revives all.  But that skill is on a 7 turn cooldown (5 turns if booked) so he wont get to use that often.  Build him with as much speed as you can so he can cycle back to A3 more often.  You will get better revivers but use him for now.  Most of your champs will be replaced over time.  

I missed Tagoar. I don't think the 7 turns matters much. Most arena teams don't go much beyond the 3rd or 4th rounds and with his roster you would want to take out the other team right after the revive. The big thing is that he will nead stoneskin gear which I doubt he has. 

His go 2nd team should be able to take out a silver level team pretty quick once he has the stoneskin gear.