All Categories

Christmas Fusion Tormin

Christmas Fusion Tormin

Search
Comments
Dec 4, 2023, 11:1412/04/23
10/08/17
PorkinsJek

"Free" event, lol. Anyone that is defending that and trying to justify to get a 'decent' legendary, not a super OP one like Acrizia or something like that is either simping hard for Plarium or they are simply just one of the whales who continues to feed the problem. 

I'm not sure if people are Plarium even read or care about the comments, but as a business, you could literally be making a TON more money if you just actually listened to your customers and not catering to the tiny % who drop a bunch of money on it. 

The final slap in the face from last week was when we had the shard events one after the other and everyone pulled their sacreds, primals, ancients and voids and then right after it was done, Plarium goes "Oh and btw, here is a guaranteed void leggo for 100 void shards lol" when they already know people spent their money/shards to get the 2x event. That's simply just geedy at that point and there are those of you who support this kind of bad behavior. A lot of us would like to see positive changes and not predatory "oh you gotta buy more shards or you're gonna miss out!" mentality. 

I am 520  snow pts into the Tormin event and  not spent a penny on anything so far. Used 3600 mystery shards  for the bulk of my summons as grueling as that was  but suppose a FTP like yourself would expect Plarium to open them all for you at once to save the time argument

artifact enhancement cost me 10 mil silver and had to sell some accessories to get all the silver I needed

doing shadowkin arena at the moment and  must admit the FREE Mythical fusion and having a mythical Shadowkin for this event helps alot

I can go on more about  how I am completing this for free Tormin but think you get the  point..........JUST PLAY THE GAME!

Dec 4, 2023, 11:2312/04/23
06/03/23

A confidence game due to its monetization practices and the way it preys on players' desire for progress. The game employs a variety of tactics to encourage spending, such as:

Gacha System: The game's primary method of acquiring new champions is through the gacha system, which relies on random chance and low probabilities. This system makes it extremely difficult to obtain the specific champions players desire, leading to frustration and a perceived need to spend money to improve their chances.

Limited-Time Offers: The game frequently bombards players with limited-time offers that provide enticing rewards, often requiring in-app purchases to unlock. These offers create a sense of urgency and pressure players to spend money immediately, capitalizing on their fear of missing out.

Artificial Progression Barriers: Raid: Shadow Legends intentionally slows down player progression to incentivize spending. Players may hit walls where they cannot progress further without specific champions or resources, which are often difficult to obtain without spending money.

Hero Worship and Fear of Missing Out (FOMO): The game heavily promotes its top-tier champions, creating a sense of hero worship and making players believe these champions are essential for success. This mentality further reinforces the belief that spending is necessary to obtain these powerful champions and keep up with other players.

Exploitation of Gambling Psychology: Raid: Shadow Legends exploits the psychology of gambling, utilizing mechanisms like variable rewards, near-wins, and sunk cost fallacy to keep players engaged and spending. The game's random nature and the perceived proximity to success fuel the belief that spending will lead to a breakthrough, encouraging further investment.

In conclusion, Raid: Shadow Legends' monetization tactics and the way it manipulates players' psychology align with the characteristics of a confidence game. The game's emphasis on chance, limited-time offers, artificial progression barriers, hero worship, and exploitation of gambling psychology creates an environment where players are more likely to make impulsive decisions and spend money in pursuit of progress and perceived success. 

Dec 4, 2023, 11:4712/04/23
10/08/17

A confidence game due to its monetization practices and the way it preys on players' desire for progress. The game employs a variety of tactics to encourage spending, such as:

Gacha System: The game's primary method of acquiring new champions is through the gacha system, which relies on random chance and low probabilities. This system makes it extremely difficult to obtain the specific champions players desire, leading to frustration and a perceived need to spend money to improve their chances.

Limited-Time Offers: The game frequently bombards players with limited-time offers that provide enticing rewards, often requiring in-app purchases to unlock. These offers create a sense of urgency and pressure players to spend money immediately, capitalizing on their fear of missing out.

Artificial Progression Barriers: Raid: Shadow Legends intentionally slows down player progression to incentivize spending. Players may hit walls where they cannot progress further without specific champions or resources, which are often difficult to obtain without spending money.

Hero Worship and Fear of Missing Out (FOMO): The game heavily promotes its top-tier champions, creating a sense of hero worship and making players believe these champions are essential for success. This mentality further reinforces the belief that spending is necessary to obtain these powerful champions and keep up with other players.

Exploitation of Gambling Psychology: Raid: Shadow Legends exploits the psychology of gambling, utilizing mechanisms like variable rewards, near-wins, and sunk cost fallacy to keep players engaged and spending. The game's random nature and the perceived proximity to success fuel the belief that spending will lead to a breakthrough, encouraging further investment.

In conclusion, Raid: Shadow Legends' monetization tactics and the way it manipulates players' psychology align with the characteristics of a confidence game. The game's emphasis on chance, limited-time offers, artificial progression barriers, hero worship, and exploitation of gambling psychology creates an environment where players are more likely to make impulsive decisions and spend money in pursuit of progress and perceived success. 

and  this has WHAT? to do with the free Tormin fusion ?

I am confused

perhaps you should  of started another thread with this topic :/

Dec 4, 2023, 14:2812/04/23
04/22/20

Kramaswamy,

I know everything you posted. I've been playing this game for almost 4 years. My comment isn't about being surprised. I am a customer (a well paying customer at that) and I am telling a business that I patronize that their business decisions are pissing me off. That's a perfectly reasonable thing to do. There's every chance that Plarium just says f him, if they consider my feedback at all, but if I don't say anything it's on me. 

Dec 4, 2023, 14:4212/04/23
12/19/19
dvryceb

I have to offer my 2 cents here. When I saw the event for a Tormin, I was excited and thought this is something that is going to earn Plarium some good will from the player base. 

I am still excited to get a Tormin and certainly expected fusion-like resource expenditure to get him. That said, I am really ticked that they decided to raise some point threshold yet again. A 4100 point summon rush is fairly normal these days and the spider turn attack wasn't crazy either. Raising the artifact enhancement to 5600 points, highest ever, is not  ok. This is costing them some of the good will the event could have generated. 

It's not too late to make sure the point thresholds are normal or even a bit lower for the rest of the event. Please pass along my urging that they consider what they hoped to get from this event. If player good will was not an objective, then never mind. If it was, make sure the point thresholds feel reasonable or lower. If they proceed with more new highs, they will lose the good will they hoped to gain.  

I don't think player good will is an objective.  Payer good will, yes :).  I don't think any event points have been unreasonable yet.   Am extra thousand in artifact event? I honestly wouldn't even notice this.  Unless u r an early game player the AE is a gimme unless you upgrade artifact outside of event and aimlessly level bad gear to 12/16 automatically.  Lack of silver 99% of time is user error. 

I expect a few of the events to be more difficult so I will not skip anything until I'm locked in 100% on the 2000 pts.

Dec 6, 2023, 05:5212/06/23
08/01/23
PriestGuardian

and  this has WHAT? to do with the free Tormin fusion ?

I am confused

perhaps you should  of started another thread with this topic :/

@Priestguardian

We get it. You're a plarium boot-licker that tries to stick up for any valid criticism that people point out. All we're doing is exposing the predatory tactics and mechanics that this company employs to try and get people to spend money for virtual items. We have given feedback as to do better as we want to enjoy this game, but they continue to spit in our face and just keep going on ignoring the feedback that they get.

This is the reason people are voicing their opinions and wanting to see change. Just because you have no problem shelling out hundres or thousands of dollars, doesn't mean that other people want to do that. There clearly is a disconnect from the playerbase and you acting like there is nothing wrong is part of the problem. 

I completely agree with Tauruse Goetia. They pointed out that there are clear mechanics of the whole "gotcha!" system that exploit people by making you feel like you're "gonna miss out!" or by having a very small chance of getting champions that you actually want. The worst part is that even if you spent literally a million dollars, there is a chance you still won't get the champs that you want. That's very telling of a company and how predatory that they are being towards their customers. 

I still don't get why you seem to post on all of these people's concerns as if they're being ridiculous. YOU'RE part of the problem here by being the boot-licker. The best way to make a company listen is with their wallet, and many people are now turning to other games or just not spending any more because of the blatant disrespect they are giving their own playerbase. You need to live in reality my dude and understand why this is a problem with the direction of the company and how they treat us. 

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 6, 2023, 06:0312/06/23
Dec 6, 2023, 06:04(edited)
12/30/20
PorkinsJek

@Priestguardian

We get it. You're a plarium boot-licker that tries to stick up for any valid criticism that people point out. All we're doing is exposing the predatory tactics and mechanics that this company employs to try and get people to spend money for virtual items. We have given feedback as to do better as we want to enjoy this game, but they continue to spit in our face and just keep going on ignoring the feedback that they get.

This is the reason people are voicing their opinions and wanting to see change. Just because you have no problem shelling out hundres or thousands of dollars, doesn't mean that other people want to do that. There clearly is a disconnect from the playerbase and you acting like there is nothing wrong is part of the problem. 

I completely agree with Tauruse Goetia. They pointed out that there are clear mechanics of the whole "gotcha!" system that exploit people by making you feel like you're "gonna miss out!" or by having a very small chance of getting champions that you actually want. The worst part is that even if you spent literally a million dollars, there is a chance you still won't get the champs that you want. That's very telling of a company and how predatory that they are being towards their customers. 

I still don't get why you seem to post on all of these people's concerns as if they're being ridiculous. YOU'RE part of the problem here by being the boot-licker. The best way to make a company listen is with their wallet, and many people are now turning to other games or just not spending any more because of the blatant disrespect they are giving their own playerbase. You need to live in reality my dude and understand why this is a problem with the direction of the company and how they treat us. 

Yeah, we can do without the singling out, the insults and miscellaneous nonsense here. Not gonna fly. 

Zero need to make this personal. 

Dec 6, 2023, 06:1512/06/23
05/03/20
PorkinsJek

@Priestguardian

Predatory?  I had to laugh over the rhetoric.  This is a business.  Their goal is to make a profit.  It is no more predatory than making you think you need a special pair of shoes or cell phone.  

If you cant put in the time and effort to win at this game that is your problem.  Dont blame the game.  Dont blame the other players.  

Try gitting gud.  

Dec 6, 2023, 10:3912/06/23
10/08/17
PorkinsJek

@Priestguardian

insulting me  by calling me a boot licker only degrades your case and  any points your attempting to make here

As I already suggested  if you have a problem with the  way plarium runs RAID make a thread on that topic

and perhaps next time just take the high road when giving feedback instead of attacking people you disagree with 

cheers and do hope your day gets better ;)

Dec 6, 2023, 14:2212/06/23
12/19/19

If @ClosedPoly  and @PriestGuardian both get it, it must be pretty eassy to figure out the correct answer here :) CP telling someone to get good (LOVE IT),, you've come along way Old Man! I didn't think you would have even been allowed in these forums (I had the under) this long. And PG, keep being you.  The opinion of the casual spender who likes gaming is much needed here, at least by me.  Thanks to you both for the diversity u bring, and putting up with my shit.

The predatory nonsense is ridiculous, makes f2p whiners look "more dumber".  I'm gonna go add some more stoneskin to my classic arena chickens now :)

Dec 6, 2023, 23:0212/06/23
05/03/20
Trips

If @ClosedPoly  and @PriestGuardian both get it, it must be pretty eassy to figure out the correct answer here :) CP telling someone to get good (LOVE IT),, you've come along way Old Man! I didn't think you would have even been allowed in these forums (I had the under) this long. And PG, keep being you.  The opinion of the casual spender who likes gaming is much needed here, at least by me.  Thanks to you both for the diversity u bring, and putting up with my shit.

The predatory nonsense is ridiculous, makes f2p whiners look "more dumber".  I'm gonna go add some more stoneskin to my classic arena chickens now :)

I am wearing my Santa hat now and trying to be nice.  Dont expect nice in 2024.   lol

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 7, 2023, 02:1112/07/23
02/24/19
ClosedPoly

I am wearing my Santa hat now and trying to be nice.  Dont expect nice in 2024.   lol

You better not cry, you better not pout.... harlequinn is coming to town!

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 7, 2023, 02:1412/07/23
02/24/19

How are my Forum regulars doing in the event?

Poly, Guardian, you guys on track to get Tormin? Fortunate to not have missed any snow points on the event so far myself.

Dec 7, 2023, 04:4112/07/23
Dec 7, 2023, 04:42(edited)
05/03/20
harleQuinn

Poly, Guardian, you guys on track to get Tormin? Fortunate to not have missed any snow points on the event so far myself.

I have 610 pts so far.  I think I have gotten them all.  If I dont get Tormin it wont be a disaster.  I am doing Yuletide like dailies.  No rush and no pressure.  

Its nice to be in a place where the game seems to have slowed down a notch.  

Dec 7, 2023, 07:2812/07/23
10/08/17
harleQuinn

660 pts so far (not missed any as  of writing this) . Still never spent a dime on anything......so far

But not going to lie, nervous about what this Winter Path  has  in store for me  in 1 hr 30 min time (gulp)

The spider tourney coming is  no wories / easy peezy

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Dec 7, 2023, 12:2212/07/23
06/24/19
PriestGuardian

660 pts so far (not missed any as  of writing this) . Still never spent a dime on anything......so far

But not going to lie, nervous about what this Winter Path  has  in store for me  in 1 hr 30 min time (gulp)

Path event is brutal for sure.  Thankfully it seems a good portion can be skipped which is what I'll be doing.  

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 7, 2023, 19:0312/07/23
02/24/19
ClosedPoly

I have 610 pts so far.  I think I have gotten them all.  If I dont get Tormin it wont be a disaster.  I am doing Yuletide like dailies.  No rush and no pressure.  

Its nice to be in a place where the game seems to have slowed down a notch.  

I'm glad you're having a more chill experience lately!

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 7, 2023, 19:0412/07/23
02/24/19
PriestGuardian

After seeing what's required for the Path Event, I'm very glad I didn't skip the earlier Summon Rush now.

That's a LOT of champ training or dungeons to get all those points 😆

Dec 7, 2023, 20:1812/07/23
10/08/17

If I want to remain on course for a free Tormin think I will take what I can from the Winter Path (maybe half the  pts)

and this will be the first event I will have to press  into the 500 pt wiggle room. Will need to wait the 4 days to post how I made out

Dec 7, 2023, 22:4012/07/23
05/03/20

I will wait to get the soul points.  Maybe we get a soul event as part of Tormin.