Christmas Fusion Tormin

Search
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Dec 1, 2023, 09:3212/01/23
Dec 1, 2023, 09:35(edited)
12/30/20
Matrim

And the requirements for this event seems to be like a fusion...just look at the summon rush, where you need about 4100 points to get 200 snow points....

It is NOT just logging in...you have to use more ressources than for a normal fusion...

I don't see how it requiring resources to earn is particularly groundbreaking. DId you expect it to be completely free? :)

we shall see what the rest of the month looks like. With that said, I don't plan on touching the Summon Rush myself. 

Dec 1, 2023, 09:3312/01/23
12/16/21

25 day schedule, no calendar of events. What makes you think there's only going to be 1 summon rush?

Dec 1, 2023, 09:5312/01/23
09/14/20
Shaman

1) summon rush  300 snow points.... 

2) they give 500 for daily entries. I already received 20 today.

This means the maximum you can get is 2500.
2500-300=2200. do not participate in summon rush. 

Yeah, your calculation is correct...

but...will you also skip several Dungeon divers?

perhaps anaother summon rush? 

perhaps a Champion chase?

artifact stuff?

I can see that this event is great for FTP who do not have the illusion of getting a Tormin 'Just be doing the normal stuff'...there are extra stuff (1 anceint, 1 void shard) to be gotten by just logging in. Fine, great...

But if you want another Tormin and looking at the point requirements for the first Summon rush...you will have to spend ressources like on a normal fusion...

And please...do not tell me many players are for example doing dungeon divers every time for the rewards there...you can achieve some of the rewards by doing your daily routine...but the snow points most likely are set on milestones which you do not reach with your normal daily stuff activities...

Dec 1, 2023, 09:5912/01/23
09/14/20
dthorne04

I don't see how it requiring resources to earn is particularly groundbreaking. DId you expect it to be completely free? :)

we shall see what the rest of the month looks like. With that said, I don't plan on touching the Summon Rush myself. 

I did not expect it to be completely free...no. Also that it will require some ressources to be done is a solid assumption. 

But by just looking at the requirements for the summon rush I expect it to be a very high amount of ressources for not very motivating rewards (except for Tormin).

Looking at some of the higher milestones, I see some 25 brews at milestone 1100....aehm...really? This does not motivate me...singular chaos orbs? not really promising ass well for me.

Cudos on not touching the summoning Rush...I do not intend to do this as well...and I for certain do not plan to run fusion-like requirements on dungeon divers or artifact enhacnements to just get a few snow points.

I was looking forward to the Yuletide-Event because I thought it will be a Good-will action of Plarium at the end of the year...I should have known better.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 1, 2023, 13:1012/01/23
02/24/19

Tough to say what the resource usage is gonna be after seeing one fraction of the events, and knowing this Summon Rush is totally shippable if you so desire. I might end up pulling what I can and getting my points, as I like a couple of the 25x champs and have plenty of resources to cover me for a December fusion.

Dec 1, 2023, 15:5812/01/23
06/25/20

Well - first event is done. Not bad overall. Two new dupe legos, one of which may potentially see actual use (dupe Bivald), a new useless lego to sit in my bank (Ruarc), and a new epic.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 1, 2023, 17:2012/01/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Well - first event is done. Not bad overall. Two new dupe legos, one of which may potentially see actual use (dupe Bivald), a new useless lego to sit in my bank (Ruarc), and a new epic.

No legendaries for me, but I'm 300 snow points richer

Dec 1, 2023, 21:0212/01/23
10/08/17

I am in the process  of  summoning 3600 mystery shards  for 3600 pts  that I need  for the second snowflakes / boring  but still free

Dec 1, 2023, 23:4112/01/23
02/11/22
PriestGuardian

I am in the process  of  summoning 3600 mystery shards  for 3600 pts  that I need  for the second snowflakes / boring  but still free

See you on Monday LOL

Dec 2, 2023, 00:0512/02/23
05/03/20
dthorne04

on the brightside it gives us lots of time to stock up on mythical tomes for our first mythical pull in 2026

2026 for lucky optimists.  The rest of us will be 2029.  

Dec 2, 2023, 02:4512/02/23
06/19/21
ShortOnSkillz

Yes an important distinction.

A more important distiction is that this is NOT the Xmas Fusion. It's a Titan Event with Tormin as the final reward, effectively a Champion Pass with no Premium restriction.

"The Yuletide Titan Event has started today as a new way to get Tormin the Cold. Please notice that this event doesn’t substitute the December Fusion/Fragment event, so you will be able to participate in either of these events or even both if you’re up to the challenge"

Dec 2, 2023, 06:3412/02/23
06/19/21
Matrim

I did not expect it to be completely free...no. Also that it will require some ressources to be done is a solid assumption. 

But by just looking at the requirements for the summon rush I expect it to be a very high amount of ressources for not very motivating rewards (except for Tormin).

Looking at some of the higher milestones, I see some 25 brews at milestone 1100....aehm...really? This does not motivate me...singular chaos orbs? not really promising ass well for me.

Cudos on not touching the summoning Rush...I do not intend to do this as well...and I for certain do not plan to run fusion-like requirements on dungeon divers or artifact enhacnements to just get a few snow points.

I was looking forward to the Yuletide-Event because I thought it will be a Good-will action of Plarium at the end of the year...I should have known better.

Let's not forget that on December 14th (or possibly, but highly unlikey, December 21st) the actual December Fragment/Fusion Event will also start. I very much doubt similar events/tournaments will be running for both at the same time....

Dec 2, 2023, 12:3712/02/23
10/08/17
Swiftblade

See you on Monday LOL

Sat morning 8am and done my grueling summons :/

100% up to date on all my available snow pts for Tormin. Time for a morning adult beverage to celebrate :D

still 100% free so far for Tormin but my shard storage is almost non existant so hope can skip the  next shard  pull

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Dec 2, 2023, 18:1612/02/23
06/24/19
PriestGuardian

Sat morning 8am and done my grueling summons :/

100% up to date on all my available snow pts for Tormin. Time for a morning adult beverage to celebrate :D

still 100% free so far for Tormin but my shard storage is almost non existant so hope can skip the  next shard  pull

Any luck with the pulls?

Dec 2, 2023, 20:4512/02/23
10/08/17
ShortOnSkillz

Any luck with the pulls?

3600 ish mystery shards  did not get me anything I use other than food 

I only had 1 sacred a few  void and some ancients that I pulled  before that - but nothing on them (I was  not expecting anything but the pts)

Dec 2, 2023, 23:4712/02/23
04/22/20

I have to offer my 2 cents here. When I saw the event for a Tormin, I was excited and thought this is something that is going to earn Plarium some good will from the player base. 

I am still excited to get a Tormin and certainly expected fusion-like resource expenditure to get him. That said, I am really ticked that they decided to raise some point threshold yet again. A 4100 point summon rush is fairly normal these days and the spider turn attack wasn't crazy either. Raising the artifact enhancement to 5600 points, highest ever, is not  ok. This is costing them some of the good will the event could have generated. 

It's not too late to make sure the point thresholds are normal or even a bit lower for the rest of the event. Please pass along my urging that they consider what they hoped to get from this event. If player good will was not an objective, then never mind. If it was, make sure the point thresholds feel reasonable or lower. If they proceed with more new highs, they will lose the good will they hoped to gain.  

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 3, 2023, 02:0512/03/23
02/24/19
PriestGuardian

3600 ish mystery shards  did not get me anything I use other than food 

I only had 1 sacred a few  void and some ancients that I pulled  before that - but nothing on them (I was  not expecting anything but the pts)

Oof. Opening 3600 mysteries sounds unfun.

Dec 3, 2023, 19:2212/03/23
06/25/20
dvryceb

I have to offer my 2 cents here. When I saw the event for a Tormin, I was excited and thought this is something that is going to earn Plarium some good will from the player base. 

I am still excited to get a Tormin and certainly expected fusion-like resource expenditure to get him. That said, I am really ticked that they decided to raise some point threshold yet again. A 4100 point summon rush is fairly normal these days and the spider turn attack wasn't crazy either. Raising the artifact enhancement to 5600 points, highest ever, is not  ok. This is costing them some of the good will the event could have generated. 

It's not too late to make sure the point thresholds are normal or even a bit lower for the rest of the event. Please pass along my urging that they consider what they hoped to get from this event. If player good will was not an objective, then never mind. If it was, make sure the point thresholds feel reasonable or lower. If they proceed with more new highs, they will lose the good will they hoped to gain.  

In all honesty, it shouldn't come as a surprise to you that the art enhance points keep going up. I expect Plarium likely have some sort of KPI dashboard where they can see the overall amount of resources in the game across all active accounts, and I fully expect they are watching that dashboard and, as silver starts to go up, they adjust art enhance to keep it in line.

Games like these have to continuously increase the goalposts, because they continue to give you more ways to get resources, and, at the same time, players continue to improve their ability to get those resources.

Dec 4, 2023, 05:4612/04/23
08/01/23

"Free" event, lol. Anyone that is defending that and trying to justify to get a 'decent' legendary, not a super OP one like Acrizia or something like that is either simping hard for Plarium or they are simply just one of the whales who continues to feed the problem. 

I'm not sure if people are Plarium even read or care about the comments, but as a business, you could literally be making a TON more money if you just actually listened to your customers and not catering to the tiny % who drop a bunch of money on it. 

The final slap in the face from last week was when we had the shard events one after the other and everyone pulled their sacreds, primals, ancients and voids and then right after it was done, Plarium goes "Oh and btw, here is a guaranteed void leggo for 100 void shards lol" when they already know people spent their money/shards to get the 2x event. That's simply just geedy at that point and there are those of you who support this kind of bad behavior. A lot of us would like to see positive changes and not predatory "oh you gotta buy more shards or you're gonna miss out!" mentality. 

Dec 4, 2023, 05:5212/04/23
06/25/20

Lol. Self-thumbs-upping, eh?

Go read a bit about how the monetization in games like these work. They are making a ton of money, and it's not because of players like you :)