All Categories

Hydra clash - from a low level clan

Search
Oct 18, 2023, 08:5810/18/23
02/28/22

First I'd like to point out we're a low level clan, no rules apart from logging in, just fun, and I would assume that is the majority of the clans in the game.  Anyway, the first clash most members took part and we scored about 450m in total (yes that's how low level the clan is), so we came second but only 5 or 6 members got rewards.  Obviously folk weren't pleased and participation, or the desire to try to get max points dropped off and now we average 350m each week.

So why would the other 4 clans we were 'matched' with in the last clash all score more than 2,600.000,000 which on average is about seven times more than our usual total

OK, if it's end game, make it end game and don't let clans compete that don't make a set combined total, and remove the 'use one hydra key' from quests

It's time consuming and now it's demoralising 

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 18, 2023, 14:1410/18/23
12/16/21

Your match-ups are based on the clan's average score over the previous 4 weeks.

The first several were effectively random, but now you should be getting more reasonable matches

Also, the minimum required individual score to get a reward even if your clan does win is 30M.

Which, tbf is BS and I've said so repeatedly.

Oct 18, 2023, 15:2610/18/23
06/25/20

Which part of the minimum score are you not happy with? The specific amount, or the fact that it exists at all?

Because, realise it has to exist. Otherwise, you allow newer players to skip past quite a lot of progression by getting items significantly more powerful than they'd otherwise be able to get.

Oct 18, 2023, 15:4510/18/23
02/28/22
kramaswamy.kr

Which part of the minimum score are you not happy with? The specific amount, or the fact that it exists at all?

Because, realise it has to exist. Otherwise, you allow newer players to skip past quite a lot of progression by getting items significantly more powerful than they'd otherwise be able to get.

The whole concept, what is the point in having it for all clans if the majority of players can't make the minimum score?  Also I've not seen any indication in any part of the game where Plarium is concerned about getting anything at any level, you can come in and as long as you spend you could have significantly better champs than me and I've played ftp for 3 years.

We've only got normal and Hard unlocked, we have a full clan but mainly low level, most can get the top chest on normal, not much use in the clash, if it's end game then make it end game, cap it so in this first month clans that don't achieve xxxxxxx amount of damage don't participate.  

The top clans, the top players will all have Nightmare unlocked, will all use their 3 keys getting the top chests in NM, Brutal and hard, probably getting double rewards, so I don't think it would matter if some earlier players got three or four bits of gear

Oct 18, 2023, 16:1410/18/23
06/25/20

Well that's the key point. Without the minimum point requirement, you'd be able to get high-quality gear *without spending*, as long as you were in a clan where others were able to carry you.

Oct 18, 2023, 19:0210/18/23
Oct 18, 2023, 19:04(edited)
06/13/23

450M is actually pretty high. Don't think your clan is "low level". The clan I am in only myself got any gear from the clash last time. We placed 2nd with 165M. The clan that got 1st one of their people did 163M and then the rest did 2-4M they ended up at like 176M. Only 1 person from each of the top 3 Clans in my clash got any rewards. 

I wouldn't call it "high-quality gear". 6Star Epic Dark Elf SS ring wiht HP base but no Hp%, 5* Atk Epic Protection Ogryn ring with no Atk%, 6Star Protection Skinwalker HP Rare Amulet. All 3 can easily just be sold. If you could rework gear more than once maybe I'd consider them good that you could toss ore till actually get something useful. 

The clan I am in has won in 1st a few Hydra clashes but till this one no one was getting anything from it. I finally came up with a team and strat that got me above 35m.

What you could be facing though is "clusters" moving people around. They have a clan do bad then they move in a lot of high people so they blow it out of the water. Then they switch again to the clan they left to then fight against that bad cluster. Repeat this with like 5 clans since it goes back 4 weeks. The 5th week is the high one and the other 4 are low. Just keep cycling through these 5. 

Oct 18, 2023, 19:3910/18/23
06/25/20

Getting 6-star gear when your normal accessories are more or less non-existent as a newer player? Yeah I'd consider that to be a pretty powerful boost. Even a badly-rolled item is still going to be miles better than what you have access to.

Oct 18, 2023, 20:0810/18/23
06/13/23
kramaswamy.kr

Getting 6-star gear when your normal accessories are more or less non-existent as a newer player? Yeah I'd consider that to be a pretty powerful boost. Even a badly-rolled item is still going to be miles better than what you have access to.

6* Accessories start dropping at stage 13 in Spider. Spider 13 is only lvl 145. I've cleared through 25 of Spider with only 128 days into the game and have about 400 6* accessories. 

People advocating for lower points in Clash aren't wanting it to be nothing and just handed out. 

Hydra is lvl 260 and Spider 20 is lvl 280. There's 4 Hydra though. A player should be able to beat Spider 20 before they can be able to even 1 key Hydra Normal. Since Spider 20 is 1000% easier than Hydra. 

People are just wanting the initial chest set lower. A lot of clans only have Normal and Hard Hydra available to them. They can't just blink a round of NM and get 20M points by doing 3 rounds of combat from a burn and then dying. If they made it 15M for the lowest chest that still requires you to at least be able to 1key Normal and be able to get at least the 1st chest in Hard on a single key. If you can't get the first chest of Hard on a single key then you would barely be able to get 15M if you played your cards right trying to do Hards. Unless you do 3 5M normals. Say you do 7M normal 1 key it. Then you go into Hard say you do 3M that one is x2 since first key so you're at 13M. You better hope you have another team that can do at least 2M to then be able to get the 15M if it was at 15M. 

Don't think anyone is advocating for players that don't even have Hydra unlocked to be able to get Hydra Clash chests. They are just advocating for lower damage level requirement for the bottom one. It wouldn't even speed up Primal Shards either. You will get 15 or 20 fragments only more than the higher amounts that is still 5 to 7 weeks to get a single Shard. That is 1 shard every 2 months. 

Oct 19, 2023, 06:5510/19/23
05/03/20

When I was early game and about to move into mid game, this forum advised me not to play Hydra.  They told me that I wasn't ready.  I listened to their advice and used my resources in areas where I had a better chance to progress.  I dont regret it.  Along the way I built a solid group of champs and some decent gear.  

There is a progression path in this game.  Now, everyone wants to jump to end game after 30 days in the game.  It won't happen.  If you want end game that fast, then spend.  You can get there.  

This is a business and Plarium allows us to play it f2p or low expenditures.  Why would they want to give you end game for free?  

Oct 19, 2023, 09:1310/19/23
Oct 19, 2023, 09:36(edited)
02/28/22
ClosedPoly

When I was early game and about to move into mid game, this forum advised me not to play Hydra.  They told me that I wasn't ready.  I listened to their advice and used my resources in areas where I had a better chance to progress.  I dont regret it.  Along the way I built a solid group of champs and some decent gear.  

There is a progression path in this game.  Now, everyone wants to jump to end game after 30 days in the game.  It won't happen.  If you want end game that fast, then spend.  You can get there.  

This is a business and Plarium allows us to play it f2p or low expenditures.  Why would they want to give you end game for free?  

If it's 'end game' then fine, don't let clans into the clash who as a clan total can't hit 500,000,000 and if it's 'end game' then take the use one hydra key out of the quests, also don't use level as an opener to Hydra, use a set level on player power, it's the only game area you need 18 different champs to play so opening at a set level isn't the answer

Oct 19, 2023, 12:3210/19/23
12/19/19
Ratted

If it's 'end game' then fine, don't let clans into the clash who as a clan total can't hit 500,000,000 and if it's 'end game' then take the use one hydra key out of the quests, also don't use level as an opener to Hydra, use a set level on player power, it's the only game area you need 18 different champs to play so opening at a set level isn't the answer

If it wasn't open the complaint would just shift to how unfair it is.  Locking the ability to do something makes no sense as the restrictions would be arbitrary based on level or power.

Instead the rewards are locked behind a fairly low threshold. I understand that it may seem high to early game players, but anyone remotely close to mid game is hitting 35M.  

Unfortunately (though I understand it) plarium has decided to make it very difficult to have clans with players at different levels where a higher level account essentially can win rewards for the entire clan.  Cvc and clash force the issue significantly...

Oct 19, 2023, 12:4910/19/23
Oct 19, 2023, 12:51(edited)
01/15/21

We are a mid level clan - with a wide range of abilities and we score about 5-6 billion points on average with most of those points coming from half a dozen players. 

We seem to come fourth almost every time, i think so far i have had one usable piece of accessory equipment.

With stoneskin less important nowadays and the incredibly low amount of rewards from clash i really resent feeling obliged to manual it for the clan. My last manual run was 80 minutes- for one run!.

Horrible addition to the game, and wont be swayed from that opinion. It causes grief between clan members in exactly the same way CVC has.

Oct 19, 2023, 14:1010/19/23
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

We are a mid level clan - with a wide range of abilities and we score about 5-6 billion points on average with most of those points coming from half a dozen players. 

We seem to come fourth almost every time, i think so far i have had one usable piece of accessory equipment.

With stoneskin less important nowadays and the incredibly low amount of rewards from clash i really resent feeling obliged to manual it for the clan. My last manual run was 80 minutes- for one run!.

Horrible addition to the game, and wont be swayed from that opinion. It causes grief between clan members in exactly the same way CVC has.

How is stoneskin less important?

We clearly agree on the impact cvc and clash has on clans, I unfortunately bailed on mine because of it :(

It forces spenders and heavy grinders to join together.... and clearly the analytics suggest this is good :)

Oct 19, 2023, 14:4810/19/23
01/15/21
Trips

How is stoneskin less important?

We clearly agree on the impact cvc and clash has on clans, I unfortunately bailed on mine because of it :(

It forces spenders and heavy grinders to join together.... and clearly the analytics suggest this is good :)

I just feel people know how to counter stoneskin more effectively nowadays

And yes i considered quitting the game completely over clash, i might just go back to running full auto however.

Oct 19, 2023, 15:2410/19/23
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

I just feel people know how to counter stoneskin more effectively nowadays

And yes i considered quitting the game completely over clash, i might just go back to running full auto however.

I joined a non-cvc hydra focused clan.  I enjoy hydra and live :) so skipping most fusions and ignoring CvC keeps me from quiting :) Though I feel compelled to find time this evening to upgrade any artificat I can to do the stupid path and push towards wukong soul... lol

Oct 19, 2023, 16:0710/19/23
11/16/20

The point thresholds for rewards are way too high imo.

Last week my brutal key was around 140 mil, that netter me 450 mil clash points. That is almost 5x the damage for the top chest in butal. Why do the rewards require excessive scores? It seems plarium tried to put the clash points just out of reach of certain thresholds, to of course get people to spend money to hit them.

This has always been a pretty afk grind game. Spening 50-80 minutes maualing a fight is counter productive to why myself and probably a good number have played for so long.

Clash points should be cut in half. Clash she be a 3v3 so each team gets rewards. Neither of these will happen cause just like CvC some players will just dump cash into the game over it. Sad.

Oct 19, 2023, 17:2510/19/23
12/19/19
evilized6666

The point thresholds for rewards are way too high imo.

Last week my brutal key was around 140 mil, that netter me 450 mil clash points. That is almost 5x the damage for the top chest in butal. Why do the rewards require excessive scores? It seems plarium tried to put the clash points just out of reach of certain thresholds, to of course get people to spend money to hit them.

This has always been a pretty afk grind game. Spening 50-80 minutes maualing a fight is counter productive to why myself and probably a good number have played for so long.

Clash points should be cut in half. Clash she be a 3v3 so each team gets rewards. Neither of these will happen cause just like CvC some players will just dump cash into the game over it. Sad.

If you can almost get top Reward level with one brutal key does that not suggest thresholds are not too high?

I have to manual as well, but the % doing full auto is increasing rapidly... And yes, those are more likely to be spenders of course.  

Oct 19, 2023, 17:4910/19/23
06/13/23
Trips

If it wasn't open the complaint would just shift to how unfair it is.  Locking the ability to do something makes no sense as the restrictions would be arbitrary based on level or power.

Instead the rewards are locked behind a fairly low threshold. I understand that it may seem high to early game players, but anyone remotely close to mid game is hitting 35M.  

Unfortunately (though I understand it) plarium has decided to make it very difficult to have clans with players at different levels where a higher level account essentially can win rewards for the entire clan.  Cvc and clash force the issue significantly...

What do you consider "mid-game" judging by how long it has taken me to get to 64 getting to 100 seems like it would take years. There are people I see all the time in the clashes that are level 100 that can't even get close to 20M let alone 35M. So a person that has played for potentially years be still considered early game? What determines if someone is early game, mid game, or late game? Player power? Time played? 

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 19, 2023, 18:0210/19/23
12/30/20
Daehawk Gaming

What do you consider "mid-game" judging by how long it has taken me to get to 64 getting to 100 seems like it would take years. There are people I see all the time in the clashes that are level 100 that can't even get close to 20M let alone 35M. So a person that has played for potentially years be still considered early game? What determines if someone is early game, mid game, or late game? Player power? Time played? 

Level is almost entirely irrelvant and player power isn't a great predictor either. And there are certainly folks who've played for years who can be early game just due to time spent in the game.

It's a multi faceted answer for mid game: but understanding of the game/mechanics/team building, developed champion pool (and the bar for this continues to move due to content additions), relatively strong gear and at least having Arbiter/Lydia (though I can see this being debated, though gear nullifies a lot of this problem)

Oct 19, 2023, 18:0510/19/23
12/19/19
Daehawk Gaming

Player level, account power and time played are non factors imo, they are correlated but you have plenty of level100s what have progressed poorly... Basically evry arena team I see with 4 champs with brimstone lol

Its an arbitrary designation, so my opinion is only that.  Its also a moving target as content is added.  Arbiter used to be late game, now I would consider it early mid-game at best.

I've seen plenty of sub-100s hitting NM hydra, and run into a few in G2 live arena (likely spenders but still....)

Oct 19, 2023, 18:5710/19/23
06/13/23
Trips

Player level, account power and time played are non factors imo, they are correlated but you have plenty of level100s what have progressed poorly... Basically evry arena team I see with 4 champs with brimstone lol

Its an arbitrary designation, so my opinion is only that.  Its also a moving target as content is added.  Arbiter used to be late game, now I would consider it early mid-game at best.

I've seen plenty of sub-100s hitting NM hydra, and run into a few in G2 live arena (likely spenders but still....)

Sub-100s hitting NM hydra only requires the clan to have NM hydra unlocked. Not all modes are available for all the clans.  I could get 5M damage in NM easily and get that 4x points to get 20M Clash points for doing 3 rounds only. And I'm only lvl 64. I tested this with Hard to see what I could get with a team that was just setup to be Unkillable for 3 turns and be able to have AOE burn with a Enemy Max HP hitter it did 5M damage in 2 turns against Hard didn't kill any heads but did 5M damage and then died. NM they have even more hp so those HP based damage would give even more damage. Do the same in Brutal get another 5M damage boom another 15M points there got the 35M done.  You're not getting any chests from Hydra but at least you'll get the Hydra Clash chest if your clan is top 3. And you only spent 3-5minutes on the content using glass cannons.

As I have stated earlier. Most of the clans I see in Hydra clash only have Normal and Hard unlocked. If a clan Hydra NM unlocked sure a sub-100 hit NM if they get added to a clan that has it unlocked. Not every clan has teams of people that either used the broken Cadaver to unlock things or other broken methods that got changed later to unlock them all. Remember there are people that were posting in the Cadaver nerf discussion and changes threads that without that champion being broken their clan could no longer kill NM nor UNM Clan Boss. 

Perhaps they should get rid of all the point multiplers? Normal, Hard, Brutal, NM all give 1x points. No bonuses. This is how lower level clans play trying to get the 35M points. Instead of 5minutes a key 3 rounds each and get 35M points it takes over an hour a key just to get 20M after 200 turns. 

I don't think Arbiter (even I have Arbiter and I am only 129 days now. Got Arbiter around day 90) should be considered early mid-game nor dthorne's that Lydia is part of mid-game. Since those that I see level 100 that can't do 35M since only have Normal and Hard unlocked as a clan have both of these champions. So Lydia would then be "early game"? 

It is odd that so many mention early game, mid game, end game and there are so many that use it as a metric but that metric is undefined. It seems like more of a cop out answer that is just something people will throw out there as an excuse. 

A person could be less than 60 days into the game just hit 50 but are just lucky and got the right champions from RNG to do the content. So much of the content is that you need certain champions that do certain things. There are 813 different champions currently in game. There are more constantly getting added. I have multiple of the same legendaries and I have 3-5x of the same of some of the epics. There are still a ton of epics I don't have at all. There are posts on the reddit that there are people that have been playing for years that are still missing certain epics that just don't pull from the RNG. 

There is no early game, mid game, or late game. It is all "have you been lucky enough to pull X champions with X skill sets". And each of those are different based on each of the content in the game. You could destroy one content and then have nothing that has the right skill sets for another content which could be considered an easier difficulty than the one you demolish. As the pools continue to get diluted it will just become more difficult to get the right champs unless they just add champs with the same kits.