All Categories

Ready for another 5* -> 6* upgrade. Seeking opinions.

Ready for another 5* -> 6* upgrade. Seeking opinions.

Search
Comments
May 4, 2023, 00:3205/04/23
04/12/21
harleQuinn

I am not sure what rankings are being referenced there. You can always check hellhades.com as it is a fairly reputable site from a good content creator for Raid.

Here is te link from Jareg, where you can see how great he is for CB: https://hellhades.com/champions/jareg/

As Clan Boss and Dragon farming are your top priorities early on, he is still the champ I would look to upgrade right now.

The in-game reviews near the artifacts are one system. At least they are the product of many players opinions, maybe better than just one of the so called gurus.

Champs tend to be rated by a specific purpose or general purpose, so ratings take that into account.  No matter what you try, nothing is permanent, for the right silver, anything is possible.  Those guys like Ash and Hell Hades have an INFINITE amount of silver, gems, energy, etc so they can change in mid stream very easily if something is not working right for them

I tend to follow/favor ayumilove.  Unfortunately for me posting Internet links got me banned one time (they called it spamming) , so I back away from that.

It goes without saying that there are many variables associated with picking a champ to upgrade.  But whatever system you use, it helps to be consistent within the same system for comparative purposes.  The poster asked for opinions, I gave mine.  JMHO lol

And the ratings on these sites change over time, to add further bone broth to your palate.

May 4, 2023, 17:2305/04/23
01/25/23

Thanks for the recommendation of the Ayumilove site. More tips for the nubs are always useful.

I suppose I should have saved the two void shards and the sacred shard I got yesterday, and waited till tomorrow for the 2x event. I did not get a legendary. 100 days, no legendary pull.

So this game just has terrible pulls. I'm not complaining. I'm F2P. So I decided not to take it seriously, after all. I'm just going to enjoy these new epics and play wrong.

I got Burngiri and Necrohunter. I can't even do Doom Tower 1F, so waht good is Burangiri to me? In a few years, maybe, I'll be facing a Doom Tower boss and be glad for Burangiri.

Jareg to 60 is my next goal, and also NOT to take this game seriously. 

harleQuinnModerator
May 4, 2023, 17:3505/04/23
02/24/19
End Is Near

The in-game reviews near the artifacts are one system. At least they are the product of many players opinions, maybe better than just one of the so called gurus.

Champs tend to be rated by a specific purpose or general purpose, so ratings take that into account.  No matter what you try, nothing is permanent, for the right silver, anything is possible.  Those guys like Ash and Hell Hades have an INFINITE amount of silver, gems, energy, etc so they can change in mid stream very easily if something is not working right for them

I tend to follow/favor ayumilove.  Unfortunately for me posting Internet links got me banned one time (they called it spamming) , so I back away from that.

It goes without saying that there are many variables associated with picking a champ to upgrade.  But whatever system you use, it helps to be consistent within the same system for comparative purposes.  The poster asked for opinions, I gave mine.  JMHO lol

And the ratings on these sites change over time, to add further bone broth to your palate.

Yeah, in game ratings shouldn't be trusted. They are a fairly unreliable way to make decisions on champs, and I don't think they should be in the game they are so incorrect most of the time. Check out Bully's rating for an example why.

I am unsure how HH and Ash being able to test a large number of champs and builds reduces the value of their ratings, rather than increases them, but okay then.

And I don't drink bone broth, but thanks anyhow. lmao

May 11, 2023, 01:2605/11/23
01/25/23

Figured I'd give an update. Warmaiden and Jareg coming along nicely. They are finding their niches, too. Thanks for the tips. Day 107.

i

May 11, 2023, 06:3305/11/23
May 11, 2023, 06:35(edited)
11/19/22

I would caution using champ ratings from HH and other websites - the ratings are based on if you have every champ and compared them, but few accounts are ever like that. Sometimes a champ can have a low rating because a certain legendary does similar and better, but if you don't have that legendary then the low rated champ can be brilliant. 

Also, I think HH deserpately needs to update his champ descriptions as a lot of them seem to have been rushed up after just trying them on the test server, rather than playing them properly in game for any length of time. This means at least some of the descriptions don't really account for new content released since then, on top of being rated too relatively to everyone else rather than covering their actual utility.

May 11, 2023, 17:0305/11/23
01/25/23

But HH is very useful anyway, of course. Even if I don't have the poisoner he recommends, I can search the debuffs for poison and find my best poisoner to try against the demon lord. I'll be cautious about trusting ratings and test for myself, for sure. thanks again

Jun 25, 2023, 17:3106/25/23
01/25/23

Here's another update. It's day 152 and still have not pulled a legendary. However, I got the next best thing twice: Uugo and Achak. I finally made it to the Magma Dragon. I am still in the same quandry. With enough food to raise another to 6*, do I hold out for that future legendary? or raise Uugo? HH says he would not hesitate to take her to 6*. My main energy usage is in getting scrolls and levelling gear for my top champs.

i

dthorne04Moderator
Jun 25, 2023, 20:1406/25/23
12/30/20
Aislin69

Here's another update. It's day 152 and still have not pulled a legendary. However, I got the next best thing twice: Uugo and Achak. I finally made it to the Magma Dragon. I am still in the same quandry. With enough food to raise another to 6*, do I hold out for that future legendary? or raise Uugo? HH says he would not hesitate to take her to 6*. My main energy usage is in getting scrolls and levelling gear for my top champs.

i

Absolutely take Uugo up. Defense down on a 3 turn cd when booked, small cleanse, heals, block buffs. Has the team revive in the back pocket if they're the last one alive. Great, great champion that you'll use forever. 

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 26, 2023, 00:2506/26/23
02/24/19
dthorne04

Absolutely take Uugo up. Defense down on a 3 turn cd when booked, small cleanse, heals, block buffs. Has the team revive in the back pocket if they're the last one alive. Great, great champion that you'll use forever. 

Agreed on Uugo. They are a legenday champ in disguise that only costs Epic books to fully build. :D

Jun 26, 2023, 00:3206/26/23
10/01/22

i dont think basilik or reinbeast are worth even looking at 6 staring, vault guardians, id take both to 50 tops for factionwars until you find better.

best champions you have are uugo 100% will be forever on most of ur hydra teams and has great use else where.

achak im not sure i recently got it my self but not used yet, but does look promising.

Jun 26, 2023, 01:1506/26/23
01/25/23
harleQuinn

Agreed on Uugo. They are a legenday champ in disguise that only costs Epic books to fully build. :D

Thanks, harle. I'm doin' it. Thanks All. Yeah I'll treat Uugo like my 3rd Legendary and max her out.

Jun 29, 2023, 22:5306/29/23
12/19/19
Aislin69

Today is Day 156 and I finally got my first legendary pull. 

Cillian the Lucky - HellHades - Raid Shadow Legends 

I don't see where I'll use him outside of Faction Wars.

I hope you were not opening shards today?

Jun 30, 2023, 16:1706/30/23
Jun 30, 2023, 16:20(edited)
01/25/23
Trips

I hope you were not opening shards today?

I know I play wrongly, but 10x is nonsense and 2x never got me nuthin', so I pull them when I get them.

But I might start over. Or quit entirely. It's kind of mean to tease players with 700 well-crafted heroes, the best of whom we will never, ever get.

On the other hand, one does want to play in an active game with great 3rd party content generators, so at least that's a reason to keep playing.

Jun 30, 2023, 17:0706/30/23
12/19/19
Aislin69

I know I play wrongly, but 10x is nonsense and 2x never got me nuthin', so I pull them when I get them.

But I might start over. Or quit entirely. It's kind of mean to tease players with 700 well-crafted heroes, the best of whom we will never, ever get.

On the other hand, one does want to play in an active game with great 3rd party content generators, so at least that's a reason to keep playing.

It's not wrong, but you can't complain about 700+ champs and not getting the best when you decide to do that... just saying...

Jun 30, 2023, 17:3506/30/23
01/25/23

I can complain. It's ridiculous. I have an alt and on that alt I hoarded every Ancient Shard. I had 42 saved up. Today is 2x. I pulled one lego today on that account. Rotos. This took what 6 weeks? So both my hoarding account and my non-hoarding account both got doodly squat. 

That is because it is random. The pull percentages in this game are a joke. doubling them doesn't change anything.

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 30, 2023, 21:0306/30/23
02/24/19
Aislin69

I can complain. It's ridiculous. I have an alt and on that alt I hoarded every Ancient Shard. I had 42 saved up. Today is 2x. I pulled one lego today on that account. Rotos. This took what 6 weeks? So both my hoarding account and my non-hoarding account both got doodly squat. 

That is because it is random. The pull percentages in this game are a joke. doubling them doesn't change anything.

Pulling a Rotos in only 42 shards is insane. He is currently a Top 10 champ in the game, and has been since his release.

You got about as far from doodly squat as you could have, and congrats on an amazing pull I would be super excited to have)

Jun 30, 2023, 22:1106/30/23
12/19/19

Lol... smh. 😀

Jun 30, 2023, 22:1606/30/23
01/25/23
harleQuinn

Pulling a Rotos in only 42 shards is insane. He is currently a Top 10 champ in the game, and has been since his release.

You got about as far from doodly squat as you could have, and congrats on an amazing pull I would be super excited to have)

Thanks harle...

I guess 4.0 at HH is a low rating then? I have thrown everything I have into him. But I thought it said he got nerfed years ago.

Jun 30, 2023, 22:3606/30/23
Jun 30, 2023, 22:38(edited)
01/25/23
Trips

Lol... smh. 😀

I will be more clear.

During the many weeks between 2 Ancient Shard 2 x events, on my main I pulled every ancient when I got it. In the lattercase I got Uugo, and yesterday I got Cillian. On the experimental alt in which I was testing your assertion, I got Rotos and Tayrel.

My point: It did not make a difference to hoard the shards.

Correction: the difference is, by pulling as I get them I got the good ones sooner.

let me add, someone in Discord pulled 8 legos in 100 AS pulls... random is random... .5% changed to 1% is not really a change. Computer randoms are seeded by a clock. The actual moment you click the button has the biggest impact.