All in for ODIN

All in for ODIN

Поиск
Комментарии
harleQuinnModerator
20 сент. 2024, 04:15Вчера
20 сент. 2024, 04:16(отредактировано)
Onikage55

Then we'll wait for the day 1 and final ranking screenshots to see how this goes. A big issue here that no one has addressed is it's not Summon Rush, it's Champion Chase. Similar in that shards play a big part but they aren't the only method of points. Summon Rush is points based on type of shard used. Champion Chase is based on the champion's affinity and rarity. Statistically there's even a small chance PG might not pull a single leggo.

At this point, I can't tell if some folk here aren't encouraging this to get a big laugh at the disaster that's coming. It's like that group of friends that goes "Surrre you can definitely grind that rail on your skateboard down 3 flights of steps! Go for it bro!" Not saying YOU are doing that, but it's possible some are.

Again, we'll see how it goes and I'm perfectly fine to be called out if I'm wrong here. 

We don't need to see the future results to speak with at least some experience. Both Thorne and I have won these tourneys using the bully early strategy.

Thorne just got Ninja perfect soul this way. My more recent win in these was the Monster Hunter champ, who still isn't built btw haha. Tons of points early is good stuff.

dthorne04Moderator
20 сент. 2024, 04:17Вчера
Onikage55

Then we'll wait for the day 1 and final ranking screenshots to see how this goes. A big issue here that no one has addressed is it's not Summon Rush, it's Champion Chase. Similar in that shards play a big part but they aren't the only method of points. Summon Rush is points based on type of shard used. Champion Chase is based on the champion's affinity and rarity. Statistically there's even a small chance PG might not pull a single leggo.

At this point, I can't tell if some folk here aren't encouraging this to get a big laugh at the disaster that's coming. It's like that group of friends that goes "Surrre you can definitely grind that rail on your skateboard down 3 flights of steps! Go for it bro!" Not saying YOU are doing that, but it's possible some are.

Again, we'll see how it goes and I'm perfectly fine to be called out if I'm wrong here. 

"Then we'll wait for the day 1 and final ranking screenshots to see how this goes."

results oriented bias, which is bunk :) 

Regardless, I doubt anyone here is encouraging Priest with the hopes he'll fall on his face, here. Presumably he's an adult capable of making adult decisions and thus it is not my place to tell him how to spend his time, attention, effort & money. Creating a scenario just for the sake of creating some competing argument or foil to yours - and frankly one that doesn't seem to exist at all - is just plain silly. 

dthorne04Moderator
20 сент. 2024, 04:19Вчера
20 сент. 2024, 04:20(отредактировано)
harleQuinn

We don't need to see the future results to speak with at least some experience. Both Thorne and I have won these tourneys using the bully early strategy.

Thorne just got Ninja perfect soul this way. My more recent win in these was the Monster Hunter champ, who still isn't built btw haha. Tons of points early is good stuff.

Bang on. If you're planning on trying to win I find it better to go full send from the start almost every single time. Yes, you won't win every single tournament but committing early prevents half measure nonsense in which we just allow more of the field to think they have a chance. 

Edit: I wish I had a screenshot of that Ninja tourney as I think I won it with something around 13k points.

20 сент. 2024, 04:29Вчера
20 сент. 2024, 04:44(отредактировано)
dthorne04

"Then we'll wait for the day 1 and final ranking screenshots to see how this goes."

results oriented bias, which is bunk :) 

Regardless, I doubt anyone here is encouraging Priest with the hopes he'll fall on his face, here. Presumably he's an adult capable of making adult decisions and thus it is not my place to tell him how to spend his time, attention, effort & money. Creating a scenario just for the sake of creating some competing argument or foil to yours - and frankly one that doesn't seem to exist at all - is just plain silly. 

"your approach (and poker analogy included) implies someone who gets bluffed very, very often. :) "

"Results oriented bias, which is bunk"

Umm no? If this "guns blazing out the gate" strategy is good, the we shouldn't see anyone else with super high points on Day 1. And if it makes everyone "give up" then the lead will stay consistent with a competition between 2nd and 3rd place but no one close to 1st at the end, right?

This is starting to seem instigating between the poker assumptions and these insults about what I've written. I've only hypothecized and speculated about the feelings of others in this, never have I created a scenario to point at and say "This is what's happening". Just like I can say it's odd that no other advice has been given from the 'Burn all your resources immediately!' crowd. PG has actually indicated something about their shard type that can get them a lot of other points outside summoning, so maybe someone should suggest what that is to help.

Anyways I'm not continuing this further since I've said what I needed to. I only want screenshots to see how it goes, to see if the strategy works at all at the start and if it's successful in the end. I'm not demanding them or requiring them and won't mention them again.

EDIT: I did say this is "gonna" cause disappointment and frustration, I should have wrote "could" much like I said "Potentially" earlier in that paragraph because it was all under the same "potentially" hypothetical that I started with regarding disrespecting others. I'm clarifying now before any future nitpicking nonsense and corrected it for future readers.

20 сент. 2024, 04:34Вчера
Onikage55

"your approach (and poker analogy included) implies someone who gets bluffed very, very often. :) "

"Results oriented bias, which is bunk"

Umm no? If this "guns blazing out the gate" strategy is good, the we shouldn't see anyone else with super high points on Day 1. And if it makes everyone "give up" then the lead will stay consistent with a competition between 2nd and 3rd place but no one close to 1st at the end, right?

This is starting to seem instigating between the poker assumptions and these insults about what I've written. I've only hypothecized and speculated about the feelings of others in this, never have I created a scenario to point at and say "This is what's happening". Just like I can say it's odd that no other advice has been given from the 'Burn all your resources immediately!' crowd. PG has actually indicated something about their shard type that can get them a lot of other points outside summoning, so maybe someone should suggest what that is to help.

Anyways I'm not continuing this further since I've said what I needed to. I only want screenshots to see how it goes, to see if the strategy works at all at the start and if it's successful in the end. I'm not demanding them or requiring them and won't mention them again.

EDIT: I did say this is "gonna" cause disappointment and frustration, I should have wrote "could" much like I said "Potentially" earlier in that paragraph because it was all under the same "potentially" hypothetical that I started with regarding disrespecting others. I'm clarifying now before any future nitpicking nonsense and corrected it for future readers.

Shrug.

I've seen it go both ways. Ultimately I think it comes down to whether someone else in your bracket has the same idea.

20 сент. 2024, 05:24Вчера
Trips

I don't think PG will be disrespecting anyone regardless of what he does, lol.

Questionable strategy, maybe. But he has done much dumber things. 😆 

😂

20 сент. 2024, 05:34Вчера
MooredRat

Shrug.

I've seen it go both ways. Ultimately I think it comes down to whether someone else in your bracket has the same idea.

Yep.  Almost all of my tourneys start a few hours before I typically get up, and when there is a big prize at stake, they are frequently out of range for what I will reasonably commit before I have cleared out the cobwebs, and it is often 2-3 peeps that are duking it out right out of the gate...

20 сент. 2024, 08:33Вчера
20 сент. 2024, 09:48(отредактировано)

out the  gate and first on Global leaderboard  at time of writting this and  a tiny 37K pts

Now I do not wish to win Global just my grouping. But did  figure my efforts would afford  me some time on the global leaderboards

Yes I plan to pull more

EDIT  checked  back in before I head off to RL work to pay for this ODIN  (LOL)  and  still  1st on Global Leaderboard with 43K pts  but 2nd  is now  40K so I bet when I get back home  in 8 hrs I will be way down on the Global.

But in my personal grouping  2nd  is 7Kpts   so hope my grouping knows I mean business ;)  Peaceout all for now  BB in 8-10 hrs

20 сент. 2024, 12:36Вчера
dthorne04

Bang on. If you're planning on trying to win I find it better to go full send from the start almost every single time. Yes, you won't win every single tournament but committing early prevents half measure nonsense in which we just allow more of the field to think they have a chance. 

Edit: I wish I had a screenshot of that Ninja tourney as I think I won it with something around 13k points.

did it perhaps look something like this?

i

20 сент. 2024, 17:46Вчера

Well home from work early today.. checking in after 10 hrs into this tourney

I see I dropped to 3rd Global  but have put 40K pts  between me (1st) and 2nd spot  of my own grouping for ODIN  

I sit at just over 47K  pts and second  in my grouping is  just over 7 K pts...I hope I got my point across that I am here to be a contender (speaking to my grouping that is)

Yes I will still pull shards  over the weekend

Win or  lose I will post the final results of all my leggos and total shards  pulled.......so far  no dupe leggos ;)

20 сент. 2024, 18:14Вчера
PriestGuardian

Well home from work early today.. checking in after 10 hrs into this tourney

I see I dropped to 3rd Global  but have put 40K pts  between me (1st) and 2nd spot  of my own grouping for ODIN  

I sit at just over 47K  pts and second  in my grouping is  just over 7 K pts...I hope I got my point across that I am here to be a contender (speaking to my grouping that is)

Yes I will still pull shards  over the weekend

Win or  lose I will post the final results of all my leggos and total shards  pulled.......so far  no dupe leggos ;)

That's a huge lead and it sounds like you still have some resources saved so that's great! Sounds like you're gonna win for sure!

20 сент. 2024, 19:54Вчера

Damn! Nice start.

20 сент. 2024, 20:37Вчера
Trips

Damn! Nice start.

Well drinking many beer today and yes  wallet open......

holding on to 5th Global........and  my personal grouping has  seen a  new contender  who poped  off 10 K pts  and took 2nd (I hope they just argueing among themselves  for 2nd)

I bought some more  shards and at 54ish K pts  at time of this drunk posting  :/   Doing my best to represent and get my ODIN

But as  we  see the Global Leaderboards  now the KRAKENS have come out  to play as 1st is well over 100 K pts

I just want to win my ODIN  in personal grouping at end  of day

20 сент. 2024, 21:08Вчера
PriestGuardian

holding on to 5th Global........and  my personal grouping has  seen a  new contender  who poped  off 10 K pts  and took 2nd (I hope they just argueing among themselves  for 2nd)

I bought some more  shards and at 54ish K pts  at time of this drunk posting  :/   Doing my best to represent and get my ODIN

But as  we  see the Global Leaderboards  now the KRAKENS have come out  to play as 1st is well over 100 K pts

I would buy really cheap beer the rest of the weekend to cut your per unit cost and reinvest the savings in shards 😀 good luck brother!

harleQuinnModerator
20 сент. 2024, 21:42Вчера
Trips

I would buy really cheap beer the rest of the weekend to cut your per unit cost and reinvest the savings in shards 😀 good luck brother!

Trips coming in with the solid advice right here 😆 😆 

20 сент. 2024, 22:18Вчера

I'm assuming in cases of a Tie like this, it's whoever got the points first? 

i

ShortOnSkillzModerator
21 сент. 2024, 09:268 часов
Onikage55

I'm assuming in cases of a Tie like this, it's whoever got the points first? 

i

Supposed to work that way 

ShortOnSkillzModerator
21 сент. 2024, 09:278 часов
PriestGuardian

Get anything fun and exciting along the way?

21 сент. 2024, 12:565 часов
21 сент. 2024, 15:04(отредактировано)
ShortOnSkillz

Get anything fun and exciting along the way?

OK this  is a legit question for the OFFICIAL RAID FORUMS   community in response  to your question Shortonskillz

Void  lego Baron  ?  new to my account and thought I heard some CCs speak highly of him as  a  possible nuker?

Wondering if (being VOID) it might be a  good match up with ODIN?

Cursed myself by counting chickens before they hatch  but assuming I will win my grouping now 

EDIT to save a repost = so I have  put 55,000 pts between me and 2nd/3rd place of  my personal grouping  for ODIN

Back up to 5th global  and apparently HH and  MTG  videos featured  me on them as a KRAKEN  (NOT)

I may hold on to what I invested  into this FREE(know you FTP H8 when I use this) ODIN champion

and  in my case not free but there...LOL  I love getting a response out of  players = but my clan RAID or DIE has told  me  of my YouTube fame....LOL  funny stuff

21 сент. 2024, 15:272 часа

Yup, just saw that on Hell Hades.  Haha, infamy on! 😜