All Categories

Fan Fiction Story Contest: Battle against the Iron Twins

Fan Fiction Story Contest: Battle against the Iron Twins

i

Have you ever wanted to try your hand at writing fiction? If so, the new contest is for you! Create a story that involves a battle against the Iron Twins, be it a standoff between the Twins and a group of Champions or even a clash between the fearsome metal golem and another Boss. Describe the story from the perspective of the Twins or its adversaries; it does not matter. What does matter - the description of the fight should be gripping. 

The battle should be the core of the text. However, for better immersion, feel free to include further details, like:

1. What is the lead-up to the fight?
  2. What are the reasons for the fight to happen?
  3. What purposes do both sides pursue in the fight?
  4. What is their motivation, and what makes them so determined?

We will choose 7 best stories whose authors will receive 1000 gems each. Please be ready to respond to a moderator or a community manager who might reach out to you for your in-game ID in case your story is among the winning ones. We cannot send you the reward unless we have your in-game ID.

Later we will post the best stories in a distinct folder in the fan-fiction section of this Forum.

To qualify for participation in the contest, your story should be posted in the comments section under this post until 28 of October, 2:00 PM UTC, and abide by the following rules:

1. Language: English, Ukrainian, Russian;
  2. No more than 3000 characters, including spaces;
  3. Please keep it safe for work;
  4. Texts or their discussions cannot contain any insults, personal attacks, discrimination, references to real-world politics or religion. Please, keep it civil;
  5. You can submit multiple stories, but one user can get the prize only once;
  6. Please be kind to others' stories. Competition is all cool, but it is always a good idea to encourage your fellow writer with supportive words if you genuinely enjoy their story;
  7. The fan fiction stories you submit will not be considered a part of canonical lore unless otherwise specified by a representative of the company.

Posts with discussions unrelated to the fan fiction stories contest are subject to removal without prior warning.

Views
Comments
Oct 19, 2022, 11:3410/19/22
Oct 19, 2022, 16:1910/19/22
05/27/20

The battle for his soul

It all started when the leading organization, named Plarium, started recruiting heroes to slay a new foe in the outlands, the iron twins they were called, I saw the contract a couple days ago and decided to march there and see what all the fuss was about, turns out, I made a mistake..

hey! hi! Hello! how are you guys, my name is Deathknight, dk for short, and he’s my story and how I made a really big mistake, it all started when I saw the poster a couple days ago while a drinking in a tavern with my buddy mr. Squiggles, he’s small but awesome, I was drinking my usual gallon of ale when I saw the poster hidden in the shadows and checked it out, I walked up to it and saw it was about some new foe in the outlands, the reward, 1000 ruby’s, oh boy, I said to myself, I could really use those but enough about that, that’s all the past, let’s skip to the present.

I was walking up to the fortress, it looked to be made completely out of iron, doors the size of mountains, “inventory check dk”, shouted kael, my best buddy, he’s so cool.  I got my ax, and I got my helm, I said to myself while tapping my skull, making sure it was still there, kael walked up to me, “best of luck In there man, I hope you find your soul”.

with best wishes imparted, I opened the little door meant for humans, and walked into the great hall, and there he stood, the iron twin’s giant, without a word of warning one of they’re axes sliced right down at me, not even giving me a chance, I jumped to the side, and they missed me by inches, the air sliced right where I was standing, I knew I didn’t have a single hope of defeating this monstrosity, I hid behind a pillar, I have a single chance, I can’t sustain a long fight, so I have to beat him in a single blow, I was scared honestly, that I couldn’t beat this dude, he’s even stronger then the demon king, his axe came down again, right next to me, and I, in dk fashion, did something crazy, I started running up his arm, my armor clanking and rattling, my axe trailing behind me, just as I was at his shoulder, he turned one of his heads towards me, his eyes started glowing… and that’s the last thing I remember….

To be continued..

idk if this was too long, i wanted to do something longer but i was worried i was gonna run out of space lol, best of wishes to everyone and i hope you guys win.

Oct 19, 2022, 16:2910/19/22
Oct 19, 2022, 16:53(edited)
06/30/22

In The Shadow Of The Twins 

A tower looms in the distance. Barely visible through the sunset painted fog. Tales of a mechanical monster have spread throughout the land of Teleria and Arbiter has requested aid to destroy whatever terrible abomination rests within. The dwarves answer the call. 

The legendary Mountain King leads his squad into the fortress. The tower is dark, so Acrizia sparks her sword to give light as they move to activate the strange lift machine. Geomancer and Keeyra are the last to step onto the platform as it ascends. Heavy chains clang and twist around gears as they rise. Steam explodes from pistons churning the platform upward. Suddenly the lift stops as large doors open wide and a towering metal colossus steps forth from the blackness. Its bronze-colored body decorated with detailed design is soon a blur as the twins begin to spin as they start to ascend again. The dwarves spread out ready to face the attack. Of all the horrors they have faced in Teliaria they have never seen anything like this. 

Mountain King signals a dash towards the golem. They bash and slash, but the steel is much too hard for their weapons. The twins rotate unleashing blades and flames upon the tiny warriors. Geomancer summons his own hellfire from within. Instantly the twins are engulfed in flame and char. Keeyra leaps forward but is met with a barrage of rockets. Her shield taking the brunt of the force as she is knocked to the ground. Acrizia notices the steel is beginning to soften as Geo’s burn rages on. She strikes the golem hard, and slices open the tree trunk sized leg revealing gears churning inside, powering the massive machine. As the twins stumble and the dwarves regroup, they see a red glow from within one of the heads. The twins spin up furiously as dust from the still rising lift begins to vibrate and levitate from the metal floor. Suddenly a beam of light shoots out from the head and sweeps across the room. The dwarves duck the beam, but in the chaos of that moment, Mountain King wasn’t so lucky. The laser sliced through his body with ease. Fueled with rage and disbelief, the remaining dwarves attack the golem with all their might. Geo unleashes a burn like never before as he sends a shock wave of magic across the room. The others continue to destroy the twins’ legs. Gears and pistons begin to explode from within and the twins’ stumble. Again, the strange glow powers up from the head and just then Acrizia leaps up with her flaming sword and slices off the glowing head. Keeyra catches it and directs the beam towards the second head. The beam shoots out with such force it blows through the golems head and the iron wall behind it. The golem falls to the ground as it continues to smolder as the lift grinds to a halt. 

The Dwarves have won but at a major cost. As they leave the tower they hear from deep within the bowels, a sound of sparks fusing metal together as a red glow emerges from those desecrated halls.  

Oct 19, 2022, 16:5310/19/22
09/29/20

It is a tale of unforeseen cataclysm. The veil over the forbidden void tower was finally lifted as the champions of Telleria marched forth to conquer this new land. The tip came from an anonymous being, who traded souls for power. 

"Bring me the soul coins from the tower west on the farthest region of Telleria, and you shall be bestowed by power never seen before. blessings from the divine beings themselves." The being had announced in the night. 

Our champions were naive, thinking this would be like the layer of the Dragon or the castle of the Fire Knight. Or god forbid, the almighty doom tower, which taunted them in the distance, the screams of their fallen comrades now silent. Nevertheless, they sought the help of the most powerful, the most valiant champions. 

After all, stepping into unknown territory was an all too familiar feeling, one, the Arbiter had warned, to not take lightly. Legends spoke of a mechanical whirr, which echoed through the valleys, terrorizing the lands to abandonment. 

As they approached the tower, its crystal glared down at them. Mithrala, the wisest of them all looked back at her team. Brogni sat heftily, Aniri had a grim look on her face. Tomb Lords' silence and Geomancer's gaze meant only one thing. This was not going to be easy. All they had to guide them were the fallen bodies of their compatriots. The smell of burnt air, metallic dust, and sparks stung the champions through their armor. 

"In my years of exissstance," Mithrala hissed calmly, "I can only tell you, not all of usss will make it out alive. Are you prepared to lay down your lives, to serve the Arbiter, to serve Telleria?"

Muffled grunts and a half-hearted cheer were all that the group had to offer. Aniri began her enchantments, her elixirs of life. Brogni steadied his shield and Geomancer looked worse for the wear, after all, he had just come back from numerous expeditions, without rest. Tomb lord stood mysterious as if accepting his fate. Everyone knew their task. To protect what they could, or die trying. 

When they approached the tower, the ground shook. The metallic gates descended slowly, the gears ringing "boom, boom, boom" with each snap. Warm air rushed out, waking everyone up. The whole valley fell silent. Nothing moved, nothing made a sound. Steadying their breath, they walked through the gates. Technology littered the floor along with the remains of once brave warriors. 

"Everyone ready?" Brogni asked. As the priest, he prayed to the gods for their protection before stopping before a column of spiraling stairs. "Stairs... Why do there have to be stairs? I'm old and fat and- ugh, let's just go." 

Aniri chuckled and pat the old dwarf's back. "Come on. I got your back." Everyone nodded in agreement. "We all do."

As they approached the first gate, a message carved in tellurian was embossed within the architecture. "The guardian protects the souls of the fallen. To free them, you must slow them down. Time your skills. Do not rush into the fight, or fire from heaven will reign. Be firm, be quick. The Twins do not leave survivors. They are heavily guarded, and incredibly focused and with each hit, they become stronger. Resistance is futile, once you step through these doors, either you make it out alive, or you don't. To whoever is reading this, these are my last words. Perhaps you will find my soul someday."

"Well isn't that encouraging?  It's like someone just took the best qualities of every other boss and decided to make a hybrid Christmas cookie." Geomancer said. "It's like... I was made for this."

"Alright, Lancelot." Brogni chided. "Dont get all worked up now." 

For a moment, Geomancer almost smiled. "Let's go get this son of a-"

Mithrala cleared her throat. (Well, do her snakes' count as multiple throats?) "Together we fight. Together we fall. One way to eternity, once and for all." This time the cheer was louder. 

The champions made their way through the first-floor gates. Waiting for them was a towering monstrosity. Its eyes were empty, yet gazing into their souls. That's when the room buzzed to life, gears spun, and chains swung from the ceiling as the robot got up, its massive blades and chains sparking against itself. Its roar silenced the heartbeats of everyone. 

"Alright, everyone. Positions!" Mithrala ordered. "Tomb lord, Go!" 

The bronze hero charged, aiming for the legs. The first strike hit. The second scrapped off, and the third never made a dent. "What the-" 

The giant shoved the decedent champion back into rank. "Multiple hits are ineffective" Aniri noted. All eyes turned to Brogni. "You better hope your time with the minotaur doesn't get us killed. Or I swear to god I will beat your stubby legs and let Cardiel experiment on you."

"So much for having my back." The dwarf grumbled and slammed his shield down, effectively protecting the team from a supposed attack. But the twins did nothing. Mithrala charmed a hex onto the boss and nodded to Geomancer to do his thing. 

"We should probably come up with move names." He said as he focused his flaming staff and set the metallic giant on fire. Mine should be something cool like "Quicksand Grasp" 

"Hey! Enough talking" Aniri scolded and topped everyone's health, making sure the shield stayed on longer. That's when the boss moved. Everyone braced for impact as the blades sliced through the shields as if made of butter. Brogni did his best to reflect the damage back and geomancers magic seemed to affect the boss drastically, but it did not come without cost. Where the boss had struck, now a powerful burn embedded itself upon the champions. 

"Poison?" Brogni asked. Mithrala shook her head. "This is different. Iron brands are worse." 

"Did she just say... "iron brands" what are we... cattle?" Aniri asked, trying to dust off the mark from her shield but it didn't budge. 

"If we don't finish this fast, we might as well be," Geomancer said. That's when the burn on the boss faded. Everyone looked at it in shock, amazed at what had happened. The twins latched themselves onto the ground and from their backs, missiles rained. "Everyone take cover!" 

They tried... Something didn't feel right. They had to finish this one off before he became too hard to handle. Tomb lord had taken a beating. He wasn't sure how long he was going to last. Unsure of what was going to happen, they steadied themselves again. They couldn't rush in again like they did before. And their abilities needed time to be effective once again. "I hate cooldowns.." Tomb lord grumbled in pain. 

Everyone looked at him. Knight Revenants were known for their silence.

"As shocking as it is to hear me, I AM a normal human underneath this armour." He said. "Duck!"

They rolled away and surrounded the boss, trying to take him on from all angles. But he had no blind spot. He had two sets of bodies attached to one torso. "We go on him, together." Mithrala ordered. "Now!"

Dust and metal creaked as the fight progressed. Tomb lords helmet lay cracked. Geomancers staff was broken. Brogni couldnt move. Aniri had a spike through her arm. The boss still had a massive pool of power left. 

"Geo, do u have your burns ready?" Mithrala asked.

He nodded weakly. "I need to live through a couple of hits to beat him.. but this may or may not be as fun as i would have hoped it to be."

"Brogni. Get up. We need your sssshields. Tomb lord, unload your poisonssss. Aniri? Give them hell." Mithrala gave a warlike smirk. Her eyes turned white as she gave her last cleanse to the team. A temporary shield. My abilities should protect you through whats coming. I might not make it. My warriors, I am proud to have fought alongsssside you."

The team rallied for one last push. Every ability they knew was used up. dwindling on health and energy, they gave their final stand. "It's all on you Geo... You got this." Aniri assured him. The burn landed and hope was renewed. But the twins weren't done. Something changed. The room suddenly felt hotter. More... angry. 

"Armour up!" Mithrala squeezed a hex out and Brogni landed his last shield. The twins charged. surprisingly quick for something so big. Lasers shot from their eyes, aimed directly at the iron brands. The whole ground erupted in flames as the blades ran through them again. Geomancer roared in defiance and the smoke filled the room. Tomb lord was knocked back, where he landed on a fallen soldier's blade, incapacitated. Aniri lay clinging to her shattered arm. Mithrala was dazed and brogni exhausted. Geomancer stood unconscious. His hair was caked with crumbling embers. 

The sound of whirring came to a close as the sunlight finally streamed in through the windows. Mithrala looked around. "Did we win?"

The iron twins lay burning in pieces. Aniri walked over and poked the body. "At this point I'm too tired to even consider rejoicing but I'm going to say yes. Lets just get as many souls as we can carry and get these two geniuses back to rehab. Sethallia, Apothecary and Minaya should be able to fix them soon enough."

Brogni coughed and sat down. "I dont want to walk anymore... I want some beer. Tell Shamrock to open up the barrels."

"Alright, buddy. Up you go." Mithrala hoisted the old dwarf up and they picked up their injured comrades to the campsite, souls in hand. Along with mysterious coins.  They had managed to do what no one could in ages. 

----

Back in the void tower, over the catwalks, a dark figure tapped his fingers menacingly. "For now warriors. Rejoice in your victory. We shall meet again very soon..."

Oct 19, 2022, 16:5910/19/22
07/20/21

The tower stood locked for as long as anyone could remember. The sounds that emanated from its halls were nothing less than terrifying. Scraping metal. Explosions. Electrical Crackling. And the screams. Something was being built and the cost was high.

Then everything changed. The doors opened. Nothing came out. The screaming and explosions stopped.

Belanor had been sent on a reconnaissance mission days ago. After using Insurmountable outside the tower, he had snuck in. He hadn’t moved a muscle in over a day. The monstrosity he was staring at hadn’t either. It had two heads, weapons everywhere, and even though it was not alive it “breathed”. Mechanical undulations moved the metal beast up and down in a battle stance that never ended and seemed to be ready on all sides. The only thing he could think about was long long he could wait, or if even a bug would come by to be able to use Insurmountable again to veil up and get away from this metallic amalgamation.

Just as thoughts of starving to death started to surface, there were voices from the door. It was dwarven voices. They seemed to not have a care in the world.

“Maulie. Did you bring us ANY ale or did ya think to thirst us to death?”

“Hurndig you will get yer ale when we report back ya lout.”

There were 5 of them. Maulie, Hurndig, Kurzad, Avir, and the Geomancer. The minute they entered the tower the beast sprang to life. Its arm shot out on a chain and almost smashed Maulie to bits. At the same moment the floor began to spring upwards.

Belanor moved for the first time when the floor moved him. He had faced many beasts and the undying dragon. Never had he felt fear like this. The Geomancer began to utter words forgeign to his ears and flames shot out from under the plates of armor on the monster. Just then it rotated on itself and the hump in the back of it revealed itself to be another head. It shot missiles from everywhere. They exploded on impact with such shuddering forces that the windows, which were disappearing under the floor as it rose, shattered three floors up.

This was his chance. He wanted to stay to help, but he had a job. The Arbiter must know about this. He shot off his Insurmountable skill and bolted for the window. He dove for the breach just as it was about to guillotine him, but the tower only claimed a small piece of his coat. As he fell he was amazed how high they had gotten so quickly. If he were any other elf, this height would be death. He splayed his wings and glided to the ground as far he could get from that unusual hell. He was running before he ever touched down.

For a brief moment he lamented if he would ever see those dwarves again. But then he realized this was greater than dwarves and elves. This would take all of Teleria. First it had to be beaten. Then its creators would need to be discovered….

Oct 19, 2022, 17:0710/19/22
Oct 19, 2022, 17:46(edited)
07/08/22

It was a dark stormy night in Teleria. A Bannerlord scout named Windor would have his life changed forever. While trying to gain information about the demon spawn army's advances, Windor was the first to encounter the "thing". As described by Windor, "That thing.... it's inhuman.... Its emotions are colder than steel during a freezing winter night. I saw it with my own two eyes... the moment we exchanged glances, I knew what it wanted. That thing wanted to kill me. Being a scout, I’m pretty used to that look. But this…. was different. I have not felt despair in a long time, as I do risk my life every day for the war. This thing made me feel like an ant watching a large foot descend upon itself. Helpless. I remember it so vividly. A towering two-sided robot, 50 feet tall, with a design not of this time. Bladed arms pulsing with lightning, explosive devices which looked like arrows, and a beam of destructive red light emitting from its very own eyes. I know not of what man could create a thing so advanced….. So ahead of its time. When it all seemed hopeless, a shining light appeared from nowhere. I had only heard of the legends... but they are true! A high elf with magnificent armor, the likes of which I have never seen, spoke to me. Ushering "Telaria is in grave danger Windor. Go! Now! You are not safe here!". Every night since that day, I have nightmares of my own death. If only there were heroes brave enough to stop this atrocity. Only then, can I sleep knowing my family and I are safe"

Word of Windor’s story quickly spread throughout the land. With each group having a different intention toward the beast. Evildoers worshipped its destructive power with envious eyes, while the good wanted to vanquish this foe forever and find out who created this beast. A political battle like no other, who would be the first to reach their goal? The evildoers banded together, but do not mistake this for a gleeful alliance. Each faction thought of its own treacherous plan to control the beast and use it to rise above the others. The Knights Revenant have an edge above the others. Mother Cybelle knew of a way to enslave the beast and use it to destroy all of Telleria. She kept her plans to herself while the others formed raiding parties to soften the beast; waiting for the perfect moment to betray everyone for her own benefit. On the other hand, the protectors of Telleria pondered upon its weakness. Geomancer, a master of the earth, explained the properties of steel. “Steel is a strong material, especially for any normal form of damage. I say we burn it, burn it until it’s no more. This is a task I would be perfect for, but I need support from you all. Keep me alive, speed me up, and this beast will be no more.” And so it was set, who would reach it first? And who would be successful?

Oct 19, 2022, 17:3110/19/22
04/25/22

idea #2

an anime battle

The giant machine began twisting furiously as Athel, and Kael approached from the front with Elhain and Galek und the flanks. The iron twins instantly released a giant current of electricity into the tower, turning the whole thing into a minefield of lightning. Elhain jumped high and rained Lightning Arrow barrages on the giant monstrosity, using the electrical redirection to her advantage. This didnt really seem to do much damage, but at least stunned the giant's movements little; it responded by slashing giant metal arms into their general direction. Athel took the hit with her shield while Elhain just jumped over and delivered another barrage of arrows. The direct attack was a little too much to handle for Athel and why she called for "Help, i can't do this on my own", the massive blow suddenly stopped in its place. Confused, the monster couldnt approach or turn at all, as Galek used his flank to hack countless axes into all the hinges and joints he could find. Noticing this, the robot enraged and fired a storm of missiles at the heroes.

They all dodge instantly, but looking at the machine again, they cant help but notice that it doesnt seem hindered by their strategies any longer, besides some of the damage they did. Kael stood behind Athel the whole time, with a bored look on his face while chewing on a spider leg.

"Arent you supposed to be the strongest of us champions?" Elhain shouted in anger, as he was clearly not as invested as the others, not even trying to dodge the missiles. "At least a little help would be nice!" Even Galek looks at Kael, but can't bring himself to utter more than a spiteful grunt. 

"All right, let's get this over with real quick". Kael was not too  excited but seemed to at least try attacking for once. Suddenly he released a giant wave of disintegrating poison from the front, while Galek fired up the twins' legs from the other side. In enraged twirls the machine tried to block the attacks and hit its opponents, but couldnt control its rage. Galek's and Kael's combo attack seemed to do heavy damage to the legs, as they started smoothening and bending heavily. 

"Finally we are about to win" Elhain jumped through the air, further bombarding the iron twins, causing it to finally fall to the ground. With a giant crack it fell to the ground. "What noo Athel watc...." SLam. The giant mass of metal collapsed directly onto her. Elhain warned her too late. And worse, the creature didnt even seem defeated, it only lost its legs. 

Then suddenly a giant blue storm of swords cut the twins up from within. The others were dumbfounded when they saw Athel walk past them in an easy stroll with a smug grin on her face. (the face was a little burnt still).

"Cool girls don't look at explosions". And with a creaking sound, the giant metal beast was defeated.

Oct 19, 2022, 17:3210/19/22
Oct 30, 2022, 22:41(edited)
10/07/21

Eons ago, the Clockwork Enclave, a cabal of artificers from all races of Teleria, crafted the Temple of Incorporeal Time. Powered by mystical clockwork mechanisms of logic, the temple floated high in the air above only to become part of the land. Encouraged by this success, the Enclave pressed onward to further innovations, inventions and theories of time. With experiments, they discovered a way to pause time itself, offering the opportunity for all who dwelt in the Temple of Time to experience immortality.  

However, their clockwork innovations violated immutable laws of the cosmos and caused a rift in time itself to form, centered on the Temple of Incorporeal Time itself. This rift caused time to “leak” out of the Prime Material Plane and into an endless interdimensional space where time was lost, warped or deranged. And now, all time on the material plane is being slowly pulled into this rift, and an aura of timelessness – where time stops and all fauna and flora cease to age – is slowly expanding. 

The immediate problem this is causing is that crops no longer grow, babies are no longer born, and children remain children, yet people remain “living” going on about their days. Never aging, however not dieing due to aging.  Slowly the entire circle of life is grinding to a halt, and scholars theorize that when all time has leaked from the material plane, it will cause a chronetic reversal culminating in an entropic explosion, ending everything in existence and creating a black hole of timelessness engulfing, growing and becoming everything. 

In a last effort to stop the rift from growing, the Enclave created the Iron Twins to dismantle the Temple’s source of energy. However, the aura of the rift caused the Twins to malfunction and believe the task was completed. Now the Twins are to be a sentry protecting the Temple…a security fail safe, to allow the self-aware temple to continue it’s conquest to rip time from existence. 

In a bid to avoid this fate, the call has gone out to adventures far and wide who might stop this from happening. Telerians are not affected by the aura as the Clockworks are and must defeat the Iron Twins. They must finish the job the Twins were created for, the destruction of the Tower of Incorporeal Time . All factions must bind together and send forth their greatest worriors to defend Teleria from utter annihilation.  No longer are Telerians enemies of each other, for now a common force threatens all who live in Teleria.

Oct 19, 2022, 18:4310/19/22
01/14/22

The Iron Twins

The Iron Twins, its true name lost to history, yet still well known by many citizens of Teleria.  Located to the west of the Keeps, its dark tower was clearly visible. That was where we headed.
    Mother Cybele being the leader of us in this battle. To keep it 'fair'. Most have been to the spectacle that was the tower. Not many had came out of the behemoth alive.

We headed up the tall construct. The inside quiet, other than steam blowing out of the pipes and gears that lined the walls. Not a soul lived here. 

Once we reached the top of the fortress we saw light, the first we'd seen in hours. That was when we heard it. The grinding and whirling of metal and gears. It was massive. The Iron Twins. The behemoth's metal hide was mostly made of copper and gold. Its main head swiveled to gaze at the five of us. Clearly sensing us as a threat it launched a volley of projectiles at us. They hit us hard, yet not hard enough to slay us instantly as the Hydra did. 

The first hit by us was by your glorious Stag Knight, his axe launching a golden beam at the machine. Causing him to move slower. 

Then Ma'shalled hit it. Injuring it severely. It swung its massive sword-arm, nearly killing Ninja. Yet he immediately retaliated, breaking off parts of its copper hide. 

It then attacked us with a series of hits, shooting a beam out of its eyes. Killing all of us but Cybele,  Ma'shalled, and I. I threw the killing blow. It collapsed into a pile of scrap metal. We harvested what we could, to take to the village of which we lived. Then we took a moment of silent for the two who had fallen.

Oct 19, 2022, 19:4310/19/22
06/02/22

Knight Revenant's Repenance       

“Soulless, why have you brought me here?” Kalvalax said, clearly displeased. “I have humored you enough. I will not take another step until you explain yourself.”
The two Knight Revenants stared up to the top of a beautifully crafted stone tower. Few red large crystals, clearly parts of a formally whole gem, hovered above the top of the structure. The bottom was wider than the top, forming a loosely conic shape. Ledges and bridges littered the bottom half, useful for mounting archers and casters to repel attackers. While the top had special markings and unknown contraptions.

“Do you know where we are?” Soulless said, his voice coming from his shield’s mouth rather than his face’s mouth.

“This is the center of Ireth. Where some offshoot of our cult went rogue and started doing their own experiments. But my patience is wearing thin. Do not answer my question with an inquiry of your own,again. Why am I here?” Kalvalax said.

“We are here for a scouting mission.” Soulless said

“A SCOUTING MISSION” Kalvalax erupted “That is a job for the coffin smashers!”

“The inner circle sent a party of coffin smashers out, leaded by Bergoth, a highly enchanted smasher. They never returned. Plus there is something I wish to talk to you about. Something I rather not have eavesdropped upon.” Soulless said.

“So the Luzand Undead King of Nothing and the Everlasting Blight Knightmare are going to have a walk and talk in an abandoned tower. Cute.” Kalvalaax mocked.

“Yes” Soulless said as he walked into the keep.

The interior torches have been out for a while. Dust and spider webs  were in no short supply. Simple stone bricks form the walls.

Soulless spoke first “We should expect nothing until the top floor. Plenty of time to chat. Let’s start with a question. In your opinion, Which faction has the most overall strength and influence in the world?”

“It’s close with the Demonspawns’ return but I think the High Elves are better by a small margin.” Kalvalax said.

“I agree for the most part but Why? They match up so poorly against us. You could easily subdue a village every night yourself with your poisons ”

“You were once a king, you should know. Power is multiplied with more people, not added. Their harmony is their strength ”

Soulless clapped “Perfect answer. Now you have highlighted the weakness of our faction. The cult of K’leth have great power but no loyalty. Look at these poor fools for example.” 

As they continued up the tower, more Ireth scientist bodies were scattered. Some had scorch marks while other were cleaved in two. The most recent dead seemed to be killed with blunt weapons.

“Most Knight Revenant had a reason to take the cult’s gifts. That reason persists after undeath. These fools’ research was their number one goal. The faction’s needs is almost never on their mind.” Soulless said.

“Do you blame them? The gift of this power comes at a great cost. Your city was lost overnight and I watched the cultist do twisted things to my mortal followers and did nothing to stop it. How can I trust people like us to watch my back?

Kalvalax continued “Not to mention, we need mortal souls to continue to exist. So there is no way that a mortal faction would join our cause. ”

“There it is. The core of our problem. It is little wonder how you became the general you did in life. Your analysis skills are out of this world. And now for the reason of our little chat. Mother Cybele shared a secret with me. Her Secret.” Soulless said.

“Now you have my attention” Kalvalax rested himself and his great-sword against a wall. He motioned Soulless to continue.

“She found a way to sustain her magic without the use of mortal souls. Meaning…”

Kalvalax cut in “We can have this power without the maintenance costs.”

Soulless nodded “The Dark Lord has used our need for souls to do his bidding. But we could be free of his grasp. Cybele wants to unite the Knight’s Revenant. However, the others in the inner circle are loyal to the Dark Lord.  We would need the help of the mortals to win. And that is why we are here. ”

“What is that?” Kalvalax said.

They reached the top of the tower. A large room met them with chains grinding in the back, turning large gears. The room seemed to be a giant elevator. Coffin smashers laid still around the sides of the room. One of them larger than the others. In the middle of the Room laid a hulking machine, motionless.

Soulless said “That is the Iron Twins. Dwarven craftsmanship, piloted by the souls of two brave high priests of opposite sects., This golem was created to destroy the Ireth. And it worked. Until the Ireth corrupted it. We had a feeling that the Twins were here but we were here to confirm. If we can return the machine to the dwarves and lay the souls to rest, we would gain enough favor with the mortal factions to split from the cult with Mother Cybele and built a nation to rival the High Elves.”

“That’s great. However, I am more interested in the coffin smashers.” Kalvalax walked into the room with Soulless following. “They are all dead, but the Iron golem isn’t moving. Did they kill each other?”

Soulless inspected the Coffin Smashers’ corpses. They all had similar slash and burn wounds as the cultists bodies. He then moved to the largest body. “This was Bergoth. His many years as a coffin smasher lead to him to dangerous tombs some of which were hexed.  Doompriests are skilled in the art and can turn hexes into boons. This machine must have been something to be able to put Bergoth down for good.”

“Let’s get this machine out of here.” Kalvalax looks around the room, he is reminded of the soldiers he was in charge of in a different life. “Let’s not let there sacrifice be in vain”

The door’s slammed shut and the golem roared to life. The chains of the wall turned the gears and whole room began moving. The iron twins had one set of legs with two torsos coming from the waist. One was armed with swords while the other had bladed cestus of some sort. The torsos faced opposite directions so it could never be flanked.

Soulless shrugged ”Maybe it was not a draw after all.”

Soulless jumped high into the air and slammed his shield into the ground. Chains erupted from the ground., they pinned the Twins to the ground. The machine tried to worm its way out to no effect.

“Easy enough” Kalvalax walked towards the Iron Twins, his great-sword poised high in the air to finish the job. However, the Iron Twins shed the top layer of their armor and revealed a pack of missile launchers. The missiles fly briefly in the air before coming down on the base of the chain in the ground, freeing it.

“Stay down” Soulless repeats his chain attack but the golem spins at it’s waist. The swords out, it catches all of the chains and redirects them safely to the ground.

Kalvalax body disappears in a green mist. The Miasma fills the room encircling the Iron Twins. The cloud goes dark. The Iron Twin’s fist side starts swing randomly in the mist , hitting nothing. Suddenly the other side of the mist glows bright green. An energy bolt is fired from the mist and hits the golem. Then another section glows and fires another bolt. Another. Another. The bolts are cleanly hitting the Iron Twins, knocking it off balance with each hit. 

The Iron Twins then ignite it’s own eyes. A laser beam fired from it pierced the ground but hitting nothing. The iron Twin spun once, the beam crossed the whole cloud but still didn’t connect. The bolts continued from the mist. They broke some armor, revealing another round of missiles. They fired and converged on a single point in the mist.

“How?” Kalvalax was launched from the mist. The cloud reformed back into him.

“I think it is learning our attack pattern and finding weaknesses. The longer this goes on, the worse for us.” Soulless said as he raised his ax and swung at the golem. Kalvalax jumped to his feet and joined the assault. Soulless fought one side while Kalvalax fought the other. The knights’ great weapons staggered the Twins with every hit. They continued to assault the golem until another round of missiles were revealed. 

Soulless sprung to action and slid through the legs of the Twins, knocking Kalvalax over. He covered them both with his shield in time for the missiles to slam against it. Both Knight stood up and resumed the fight. The golem launched both of his fists. Kalvalax parried with his sword but Soulless’s shield couldn’t withstand the blow and was fling across the room.

Soulless’s body went limp and crashed hard into the ground. The Iron Twins readied and fired a sweeping laser beam across the body, cleaving it in two. 

Kalvalax’s eyes grew wide. He never realized how he missed being locked in combat with a comrade. While he was always a great warrior, he was known for his leadership skills above all, and what is a leader without his people. He regretted letting that cultist talk him into sacrificing his people. He hated that he turned his people’s blight into his power. For the first time in centuries, he wished he was mortal again, so he could shed a tear for his fallen comrade.

Kalvalax imagined that Soulless felt the same. He sacrificed his entire city and had an order more time to lament his lost. That’s why he risk telling Kalvalax of Cybele’s plan. They had both traded their nobility for this undead servitude to the Dark Lord.  It was a raw deal given in a time of weakness. They had the same story, just millennium apart. Soulless wanted what Kalvalax just realized what he wanted. To be free, with a friend who understood his story.

Kalvalax’s lament turn to rage when he looked at the Iron Twins. The beast made to fight the cultist, corrupted by the cultist. Two souls trapped in a prison of maddened Iron.

“I WILL END YOU HERE THEN I WILL END THE CULT OF K’LETH.” Kalvalax raised the hilt of his sword, blade facing downward. He gathered his might. His weapon swirled with green mist. 

Before he could unleash his attack. The Iron Twin switched sides with dizzying speed. There was a sword coming for Kalvalax. It was too late to dodge. Kalvalax closed his eyes and braced for an impact that never came.

“Finish him.” Soulless’s voice rang out. 

Kalvalax opened his eyes to see that the golem attack was stopped by chains. The chains worked their way to the main body. The Iron Twin shed more armor to prime another volley of missles. 

Before the missiles could fire, Kalvalax slammed his sword into the ground. The miasma slithered under the Iron Twins and formed a spike that pierce through all of the armor. The golem flailed around as the missiles exploded in their launcher. The Iron Golem was still again. The doors opened..

Kalvalax walked to the corpse of Soulless. The body was still as well. “Thanks for the help.”

“No problem.” Soulless’s voice rang out.

“Where are you?” Kalvalax said

“Aganist the wall.” 

Kalvalax followed the voice to Soulless’s shield.

“Man, I am gonna missed that body. Hey can you carry me to Bergoth. His body looks like the best fit for me.” Soulless said.

Kalvlax shook his head. he should have known better. Soulless was one of the oldest Knights of the cult. No way he was going down that easy.

He carried Soulless to the body and placed the  shield in the corpse’s hand. Suddenly, Bergoth sprung to life.

“Man, I have to work this body out, I have to use both hands to carry me.” said Soulless.

Kalvalax looked back at the Iron Twins. The hole created by his last attack was very slowly closing. “Soulless, you said that two priests are stuck in this machine. What are the chances that it can heal?”

“Well, normally I would say none, but this is cutting edge Dwarf tech and the Ireth pumped this machine with enough ascension potions for an army. So maybe.”Soulless made Bergoth’s body shrug.

“I think it is healing. Let’s get out of here. We have a lot of good information to report. We should wait for mother Cybele to make a plan. ” Kalvalax said. “and when Cybele makes her move, Make me the first to know.”

Soulless made Bergoth’s body smile wide “Sure thing, friend.”

Oct 19, 2022, 20:1910/19/22
Oct 19, 2022, 20:21(edited)
05/27/21

As Klein walked further up the stairs, a dreamy sea of smells rhythmically pulsed from within the narrow tunnel ahead.

The smell of Fungi that held loosely to the cave walls greeted his nose.

It was also accompanied by the strange smell of rust, oil, and metal.

Like the scent created from the friction of skin and a coin between your fingers.

His journey up was all through treacherous; in truth he didn't mind.

Perhaps it was greed tinged with a vague curiosity for promised riches."

His heart was only filled with further passion, the greater the pain and suffering he endured.

He would surely be praised as a valiant hero after such a journey into the "Iron Twin Fortress" athough as it stood it was only a legend.

A ghostly network of passages could be seen trailing behind him.

There, gray stone steps descending, sunken below the abundant shadow.

The underground passage was hardly discernible in the dark.

Perceived as a hollow echo. Klein even felt as if here he could hear the slight churning of gears and the huffing of an engine.

His candles' probing flames sent feelers of light ahead, it partially highlighted a building's black stone interior he hadn't seen previously.

Just as sudden as he perceived this newly generated passage, he witnessed a truly spectacular sight.

The masonry inside was ornate and beautiful, polished and well-kept, it was utterly magnificent!

Standing opposed to him, however, and what he was too absentminded to notice previously was a colossal, monolithic and metallic monstrosity.

This 'Thing' was silently opposing an equally monstrous giant of Fire.

His head followed his eyes as he surveyed the scene in silence; his jaw hit the floor in aww.

His heart rose to his throat as he trembled in dread.

And to his dismay, as if spurred on by his sudden appearance, the gate that layed just out of sight behind him fell and closed behind him with a bang.

As if his intrusion was the commencement of their dual.

The towering Colossus of metal began to mechanically attack his oppositions; the giant of fire holding and equally large shield that swung his flail with one hand as it defense itself with the other.

As the metal humanoids arm met the giant of fires shield that protected his hole body, the deafening squeal iron rang out.

Klein nearly thought he had been made deaf; he subsequently covered his ears in pain.

At the same time, a beam of pure energy emanated from within the irons beast's head.

The beam, however, powerless ricocheted off the shield while the flail encroached on the metal monsters arm as it wrapped around tightly.

Klein nearly went bald several times as the bean narrowly missed him.

Their exchange seemed to go on for hours!

What was the purpose for such a fight for what appeared to be equally matched monsters.

While the fire giant seems to fight with intent, the monster of metal seems to only fight out of mechanical design.

Why try so hard, Klein thought!
It must be for soul essence, Klein thought!

Oct 19, 2022, 21:3110/19/22
02/27/21

Fodbor the Bard

Using his ax as a walking stick, Fodbor took a panting breath. Taking out a rag, he wiped the sweat from his bald head and set his pack next to a bolder. Easing his tired bones into place, the old bard looked to the east, then up at the tower looming overhead. The red crystals at the top were still dark.

“Soon, laddie. Soon.”

Laying his ax to the side, the bard pulled his pipe from his pocket. With a shake of his head, he blew smoke rings at the party he saw approaching the Iron Twin's Fortress.

“Fools. Damnable fools.” High above, the Sun touched the ruby crystals and the morning air was broken by the sound of metal grinding on metal. Chewing the pipe stem between his strong teeth, he grinned. “Here we go.”

The iron gates parted and the fools charged the tower with a battle cry. Laughing, Fodbor knew what they were seeing. A great spiral of metal steps climbing towards the top.

“Not enough gold in the world to make me climb that bastard tower.” Taking a puff, he set his pipe aside and picked up his lute. Playing a soft tune, the old bard passed the time while the champions inside climbed. Fodbor was halfway through his second song when a battle cry and a screech of rusty metal came from high above.

Bangs. Explosions. Flashes of lightning, and terrible screams. A sound like an exploding steam engine ripped through the air. 

Then silence. 

The bard winced.“Oh, that one had to hurt.”

Setting down his lute, he waited. It wasn't a long wait. Body after body, tossed out of the tower, impacted the ground with sickening thumps. Shaking his head at the foolishness of greed, he grabbed his pack and headed down to gather the gold coins, shards, gems, and items that littered the ground.

“Work smarter not harder, me old man said. Don't seek danger when there's no need.” With a grin, the old bard worked quickly. He knew others were headed this way to try their luck. He did pause and look down at one dead face by his feet. “Ah, Kael old boy! Poor, laddie. You're an old man like me. You should've known better! A twin-headed metal monster, spitting flames and great burning rays of light? Only a fool would go against that.” 

Shrugging, Fodbor left the dead elf for the crows and made his way back to his comfortable rock. Setting down his pack, he took a moment to relight his pipe before the next group appeared. Shading his eyes, he chuckled seeing the newest fool gleaming like a golden torch in the sunlight.

“Ultimate Death Knight, huh? Oh, this should be good.” Taking his monocle, he squinted. “And do that be Harrier? And Scrapper!” He choked laughing. “That's no raiding party, that's a boy band!”

Waggling his white beard, the old bard picked up his battered lute and began to compose a tale of their “heroic” battle. It would play well at the Inn. Pulling out a bottle of ale, he even raised a toast to them when the screaming and crying began.

It ended all too soon.

Sighing, Fodbor started back down the hill even as the bodies rained down.

Oct 19, 2022, 22:4810/19/22
Oct 19, 2022, 22:50(edited)
10/15/19

“The Steadfast”
is what they called him. Lugan “the Steadfast” was revered amongst the
Bannerlords of Kaerok. For three decades he had served as Queen Raglin’s
General and personal bodyguard. He had fought scores of battles. Not once had
he ever flinched from his duty. 

And yet, here he lay, bloody and
broken against the wrath of this… mechanical nightmare. With a shaking hand, he
took off his buckled helmet. To his right lay Richtoff the Bold, his friend. But
as Lugan gazed at his long-time compatriot, he saw no light in Richtoff’s eyes. 

Lugan peered groggily towards the
battle as it continued. The Oathbound legion had marched out to face the
monster as it came rampaging out of the North. Queen Raglin’s finest soldiers. Whether by blade, mace, flame, or simply
trodden under enormous metallic feet, the Oathbound were being slain in droves. 

For the first time in his life,
Lugan felt true fear. What could men do against such a beast? Even the
Archmage, mightiest sorcerer in the realm of Kaerok, had fallen to its missiles.
After the smoke from the explosions disappeared, all that was left of Archmage
Helmut was his staff. 

With their spellcaster dead, what
damage could be done to a metal monster with swords and spears? In a moment of
weakness, Lugan considered fleeing the field of battle. 

No! 

Lugan had once ventured out on a
perilous quest to destroy Klyssus the Ice Golem, and personally slew the
creature in mortal combat. 

“One more try,” Lugan cried aloud. 

His hand grasped the grip of his
sanctified mace, blessed by High Warrior-Chaplain Helior himself, and raised it
high. He left his shield where it lay, split in twain from the previous blow. 

“Lumaya, hear me now! A beast stalks your holy realm, bent on dealing
death and destruction. Grant me thy power to slay this evil. Even if I fall,
grant me the power to save all those I fight for.” 

Ahead of Lugan, the metal beast
lowered itself on its four legs and sent forth a river of fiery death,
incinerating a dozen of the Oathbound. 

Lugan leapt upon the monster’s
bent leg. Clambering atop the body and moving between the two heads, he lifted
his mace once again to the heavens. 

“GRANT ME THY STRENGTH” Lugan
bellowed once more. 

As he drove his mace down into
the metal beneath his feet, a bolt of lightning split the sky and pierced the
beast’s iron shell. His mace now empowered, Lugan stuck the iron giant again
and again, each time striking vulnerable machinations inside the monster’s
body. 

The iron beast lurched wildly to
the side before landing on the ground, gouging a trench in the earth as it
went. Lugan was flung through the air
and hit his head on a boulder, causing his eyes to go fuzzy, and then his
eyesight began to darken. 

“And so, my story ends,” Lugan
reflected, “But my duty, at least, is done.”

“No,” a sweet voice spoke. It was… beautiful. A soothing, feminine voice called to him from
within the depths of his mind. “Your story does not end here, Lugan the
Steadfast. In time, Temeria will call
upon you once more.” 

Oct 19, 2022, 23:2310/19/22
03/19/20

The bloodtwins fight for there souls

drexstar along with his brother inithwe heard though story of the iron twins and the tale of if you was able to beat the iron twins how you could claim a part of your soul lost to you. 

the temptation was to strong together they set out to the tower of the twins. Once they made it to the gates they saw it requires a test of might to enter drexthar let go with a burning lash as inithwe thrown no mercy at the gates on impact the door blew apart. as the brothers set foot inside they Felt an unsettling feeling knowing that the fight ahead would not be easy.

enter the iron twins 

confronted by the iron twins the battle started drexthar leaped in front of inithwe taking a blow from the twins causing a backlash of fiery blood setting the iron twin ablaze burning him to his core. inithwe had rode the iron chains high an leaped from the celining dealing a crital blow driving his axe deep into his back the iron twins was ready tho switching its core to void energy. A deep voice came from the machine ready for round two.

Doomsday or victory 

the battle continued  deep wounds filled the champions drexthar shield lay broken as his sword was drove though the left arms of the iron twins a heavy cost but worth it spoken to inithwe stand aside brother and watch as he gathers what power he has left drexthar lunches him in the air towards the iron twins as the unleash there devastating move doomsday inithwe was ready free from the damage he attacked with tormeneting whispers.  the iron twin lay there beaten from the damage the brothers felt a power from deep within a blessing they never knew they had a part of them reclaimed 

Oct 20, 2022, 00:2710/20/22
Oct 20, 2022, 00:32(edited)
12/18/21

Iron Twins Vs Dark Elves

The Dark Betrayal

Far from Aravia, In the dark depths of the forest in Teleria, the Dark Elves were preparing for their annual ritual to pay respect to the blood moon.

As the dark grey clouds surrounded the blood moon a cold chill surrounded the atmosphere. Lydia the Deathsiren put the sacrificial knife down, in a halt of the sacrifice. Her wings rose in the sense of an awareness

Dark Kael sensed something and gazed to the treetops of their clan’s village. To the far left under the moon another light was emitting.

There was a red glow emitting from the forests and it was moving!

Dark Kael, Coldheart and Foli decided to investigate as soon as they approached the furthest trees near the village mechanical noises were heard.

It’s here! – Yelled Dark Kael.

Immediately he jumped back pointing his staff launching 2 poisons at the machine.

Iron Enemy - “We are here to collect Teleria’s precious metals for our new A.I. clan.

Dark Kael battle cries – “Dark elves No surrender!”

Meanwhile Lydia has turned back to Paragon to continue the blood moon ceremony.

Lydia – “This must occur Paragon!”

Paragon – I am here Lydia and prepared to give up my life as I have always done for our blessings of the blood moon! Continue while the rest of our clan battle this monster!

Dark Kael yells battle strategies– Crimson helm apply your En Garde and protect the whole clan!

Crimson Helm then activates her Revive on death buff to the whole clan and 60% increase defensive to support all the fighters!

Captain Temila, we need your Exalted Guardian now! She goes ahead to place 50.00% ally protection on all allies.

Coldheart – The laser is deactivated she yells!

Meanwhile all of this occurring, Paragon has been sacrificed by Lydia. She flies high to the Blood Moon. The fight stops, the dark moon goes black, the clouds cover the sky, the village is alit only by the fires set by Kael.

She fires!

Dark Kael – “Dark Elves Fire!”

Steel Boyer and a myriad of Coldhearts fire the arrows aiming at the body of the steel monster.

Iron Monster – “We will start our clan Dark Elves”

Iron Monster – “Surrender” in it’s cold robotic voice.

Folio – “RARRRRRRRR!!! Slashes out of the iron leg creating a massive tear in the infrastructure of the machine. Oil, metal, hydraulics, and springs burst out of the leg exposing the machine for what it really is compared to the Dark Elves.

Watching all of this from the distance is 4 piercing eyes with anticipation. Wanderer and Mystic Hand in the dark of the forest.

They both looked at each other upon the dissection of the iron monster.

The 2 schemed to have their own clan removed and they rise with the A.I. robotics clan.

Wanderer – “I told you this would never work Mystic!”

Mystic Hand – “Well we had to do something; otherwise, how would we overthrow all the elder elves?

Wanderer- “We need to remove the headfirst and the rest will fall, we need to get Dark Kael!”

To be continued…

Oct 20, 2022, 00:4610/20/22
07/16/21

3000 character limit? I'm at 15k and haven't gotten to the battle yet 

Oct 20, 2022, 01:1310/20/22
Oct 20, 2022, 02:04(edited)
08/09/19

Groups of heroes march onto the iron twin fortress, to sharpen their blades for the iron twins have unexpectedly overtook all the famous blacksmiths in this skill, not to mention their ironing of warrior uniforms and tunics was top class in the realm plus the half-twin soup cooking is so superb you want to die for another taste, earning him the alias iron chef. However in order to gain their services, one must defeat them into submission, with payment of oil of course. One day, on the eve of a summoning, a man dwarf dancer whose name was Geo was lucky enough to be chosen, as the blue shard cracked open, he saw the light on his dimension and quickly ran towards it, but alas, those little feet were not fast enough to reach out the portal complete, so his head was stuck out, for one whole week, until the Arbiter finally noticed this strange crystal, a popped head with a bearded dwarf whose grin was so unique that all its teeth were exhibited, plus those big round eyes expressing, hello rescue me please. And so, the arbiter granted him burning powers to free himself from the crystallized shard, and once the shard cracked, he stepped out of all the glass fragments as he sighed and burped. What is your name warrior, asked Arbiter. I am Geo the man dancer of the faction Dwarves, uttered so fast that the Arbiter had a hard time processing as she inhaled the putrid breath from a week old of non digestion, she quickly replied, welcome to your quest Geomancer, I will now transport you to the Iron Fortress, defeat the golem and have your first taste of the iron soup should you be victorious mmphh whispering to herself, got to get rid of that smell fast. And a blinding flash occurred even before, Geo could say, hey that’s not may name and I hate soup BANG!!!! His head slammed on the armored belly of the irontwin. Argh, I just want to dance, swosh as a blade was unto him, he backed flip, it misses his chin by inches, and his pony tail beard fell off. Seeing this, he was enraged and charged furiously effortlessly swaying his hips left and right evading the attacks of the metal golem. Finally he came close and jumped to the head of the first twin, hugged it tight and cried out loud “my name is Geoo!” straight in the gap of the one eyed helmet and with all that foul breath stacked, the first twin fell unconscious, but the second twin suddenly spanned and with its first pair of hands held Geo tight affront the second twin’s head, and its 2nd set of  hands equipped with flame throwers, hurled fire on geo, both burning them, but Geo’s gift from the arbiter made him immune to it, and Geo’s burning skill intensified the fire, loosening the foe’s grip that enables Geo to scream at its face, with his repellent puff straight in the vent of the helmet “I HATE SOUP” and at an instance the second twin fell stupefied by the penetrating scent, even a golem was vulnerable from that obnoxious smell thus the irontwin was instantly defeated with a record breaking time.   

Oct 20, 2022, 01:4610/20/22
Oct 20, 2022, 01:50(edited)
01/31/19

The Raid of the Iron Fortress

Five champions stood at the gargantuan gate of the fortress. Athel had gathered them to bring down the juggernaut within. Roshcard would be their protector, Prince Kymar would support their higher skills, Valkyrie would ensure a steady attack no matter what the Iron Twins threw at them, and Scyl would be their healer and, if needed, their revivor. She hoped it was enough. Many champions had fallen to the mechanized fury that guarded the coveted soul coins. 

She asked her team if they were ready. They nodded, so Athel took a deep breath, and kicked the gate open. Inside was a series of pulleys and chains creating a heinous din. A furnace burned within the fortress' bowels, powering the magical metal beast. It stood quite still in the eerie furnace glow. 

Roshcard raised his hammer. A nimbus surrounded them all. Valkyrie enchanted them. Athel could feel the eagerness in her lance. She raised it and divine blades descended from the domed ceiling. Suddenly the iron behemoth sprang to life. Rockets burst from between the torsos and all of their enchanted weapons counter-attacked. Still, it seemed to have little effect. Scyl fired a burst of energy hoping to stun it. It responded with a burst of its own. White hot fire raked the team from right to left. Athel could smell burnt hair. Her armor absorbed the heat and she started to drip with sweat. Roshcard ran forward and backhanded his mighty hammer into its thigh. It did not even leave a dent. Kymar raised his hands and they all felt vivified. Athel brought another cascade of celestial swords. They pinged off the metal shoulders like hail. The second twin spun into view and its scythe-like hands flew out and would have cut Scyl down but for Roshcard's protective spell. The champions tried to continue their pattern of attack but their timing was off. The Iron Twins pounced mercilessly. Roshcard's nimbus had evaporated and before Kymar could quicken the recast of the spell, the fire burst once more. Both Roschcard and Valkyrie fell to the incendiary attack. Scyl lifted Roshcard up, breathing new life into him. It did not last long. The Iron Twins fired another salvo and Roshcard was crushed within his armor. Kymar unleashed a toxic wave of power but the Iron Twins easily shrugged it off. Athel struck down with a hopeless triple attack and again the fire raked across them. Scyl disintegrated. Kymar melted. Athel stood alone.

"I did not come here to lose again!" She screamed. The Iron Twins were oblivious to her fury. They span once more. The two fists fired off an electric strike that made Athel's bones glow. Her teeth shattered from how tightly they clenched during the malefic attack. She refused to crumple. She called down one last flurry of divine blades and retreated from the chamber of death. The mighty gate closed in front of her and she swore she could hear gears grinding like malicious laughter.

"I will have the last laugh," she cried. "I will not rest until you are dust!"

Oct 20, 2022, 11:2310/20/22
12/22/21

Although the iron twins of now is a powerful boss, confined to its fortress, it once was a wandering menance, something even the doom tower bosses didnt dare easily provoke. once, it had weapons of destruction several times more powerful then the strongest boss. The arbiter, knew this machine must be stopped and called the all the factions of the the continent. All factions, from the rightous sacred order to the treachourus and dark demonspawn all answered her call for they all have been terrorised by this menace. The arbiter called for the swiftest and sneakiest champions to lure and weaken the iron twins to all the bosses lairs. The fastest high elves will lead it to the hydras den and the hidden shadowkin will bring it to the demon lords cave. Then the dark elves will gather the dragon, spider, fire knight, minotuar and ice golem to all clash with the iron twins. Following that, the demonspawn will force it to the doom tower and challenge the forces that reside there. The barbardiens and banner lords will lead it to a long forgotten cavern riddled with traps the masterful dwarves crafted. There the orgen tribes and  will riddle it with debuffs and the lizardmen will force it in the swamp, slowing it down. the countless undead hordes will swarm the iron twins, damaging and slowing it even further. The skinwalkers will use their magic and skillfully force it to fall into a deep ravine. The orcs would then use their brute force and push giant boulders to seal it in temperarily. Then, under the vaults the Arbiter will strike a deal with a force comparable to the goddess lumaya. the iron twins will lose most its armaments and be cursed. a fortress, seemingly out of nowhere appeared on sky peak. It took all of the factions combined power to force it into the fortress, sealing it forever.

Oct 20, 2022, 13:1310/20/22
Oct 20, 2022, 13:26(edited)
07/17/22

Arbiter sighed as she thought, enemies of teleria have been growing stronger by the day, even her strongest warriors are starting to lose fights, valkarie came by moments earlier to tell her that many barbarians are starting to lose hope that this war would ever be over, and sometimes she thought that as well... no she refused to let her mind dwell on that, she picked up her sword and got ready to travel to the summoning portal- maybe new warriors would be willing to assist.

On the way there she decided to stop by on the tavern, she needed to rest after such a long journey- perhaps some mead would help her focus. while she was enjoying her cup of mead she overheard something about a fortress that had just appeared in sky peak, the fortress held a special type of currency that if sold to the right person could give immense power... she immediately hurried out of the tavern and headed out to find a team of warriors that would assist her in finding out more about the mysterious fortress

Eventually she made up a team: her, yannica, cupidus, venus and valkarie were going to go in.

uneasy, the group of warriors went inside, they looked warily around them puasing each time they heard a clicking noise or a puff of steam, the place seemed to be deserted. the fortress itself seemed to be made up of entirely iron, the designs of the place looked amazing but yet she couldn't help but feel a sense of unease like something was watching her.

eventually the end of the hall came and at the end of it stood a collosal figure of a giant iron being, they all just stood there motionless then out of no where the thing started to steam and make clicking noisesit moved to look at them, arbiter was going to try communicate with the thing but then it raised its fist in an unmistakable gesture, it was going to attack

Yannica attacked first, moving at the thing and attacking it with baffling speed then as quick as she attacked she disappeared, regaining my composure, I sent energy through my allies making them stronger, venus went next attacking the behemoth so she weakened and its defenses, valkarie was going to strike but the thing attacked them with missiles, but it seemed to do it automatically, valkarie withstood the attack and attacked the iron giant with blaze while shouting "STAND FIRM", cupidus went next and used an attack which he called 'flames of passion' almost immediately, the thing started to melt and burn. The iron mountain attacked them with a flury of attacks the last one seemingly coming out of the hole in the centre of the machine's head. But thanks to the shield valkarie had given them, they were more or less fine, they attacked one after another, once during the battle valk and yannica fell but were swiftly revived by arbiter, the fight kept going on, valkarie defending, cupidus burning, venus weakening, arbiter supporting and yannica clashing with the beast head on.

After the gruesome fight, the warriors were victorious and after poking around the giant they found a pouch, cupidus shook it and the things inside clinked and clacked, "so this is what we fought for?" Yannica said with confusion in her voice. "patience my good friend, surely these coins must be special if they are this heavily guarded"

they all nodded, after a while they all came to an agreement that the coins would go to arbiter to figure out what to do with them.

Ever since then, Teleria has once again been able to defend itself from its enemies, in light of the new power called 'awakening'