All Categories

If you're building Paragon for the Robot Fortress, I'd stop now....

If you're building Paragon for the Robot Fortress, I'd stop now....

Search
Comments
Sep 10, 2022, 10:0909/10/22
05/29/21
RoseRoyal

I support a change in general, though I don't like the approach.  I'm disappointed that Plarium spent so much time on building this new content, then going through all the UAT processes, only to find out "oh, we forgot about the Paragon cheese".  It's just yet another instance of shoddy development standards, and I really wish Plarium held themselves to a higher standard.

The problem I have with doing a blanket "ignore unkillable" change is that it then also removes any build or tunes that incorporate other unkillable champions.  

Instead, I would have preferred a solution such as incorporating some sort of mechanic whereby after XX conditions are met, then the Iron Twins ignore unkillable/block damage.  This could be XX rounds like CB, or XX stacks of a debuff/buff like Griffin.  There's even an "Iron Brand" debuff mechanic to this boss that could be utilized for this very purpose, as it increases in stacks as the fight goes on

This would allow players to still attempt builds and tunes with unkillable, but would essentially result in a single paragon not doing enough damage to kill the boss fast enough before the above criteria is met

and why unkillable TEAM is acceptable, but not the paragon? if paragon is a cheat, then unkillable team is a cheat too - in both cases requirements for stats are not met lol. paragon is easier? ofc, but its also much longer run. 

in both cases original requirements are not met.

Sep 10, 2022, 10:3709/10/22
07/27/21

like i said before its no different from solo farm dungeon champs/dt champs. 

yes its new content but the rewards are awful plain and simple. why not let us run it how we see fit.

Sep 10, 2022, 10:3909/10/22
02/11/22

I'm thinking they're gonna leave Paragon as is. He's the ticket to finishing Nightmare campaign for most players. For other content, they can just do like CB or whatever they plan for IT, allow "some" room, but shutting the one-man cheese out of the equation. I don't see a problem with this.

You guys just be glad they didnt decide to put a nerf in that would "kill" geomancer instead LOL

Sep 10, 2022, 11:2009/10/22
Sep 10, 2022, 11:21(edited)
02/13/21
peaceof

and why unkillable TEAM is acceptable, but not the paragon? if paragon is a cheat, then unkillable team is a cheat too - in both cases requirements for stats are not met lol. paragon is easier? ofc, but its also much longer run. 

in both cases original requirements are not met.

On the one hand, my solution doesn't actually suggest that unkillable is acceptable, but Paragon isn't.  Both the unkillable team and paragon solo would have to solve the same problem, which is dealing enough damage in a sufficient time to avoid having the unkillable buff become useless.  In this sense, both are being treated equally.

This is no different to Clan Boss.  It's no different to the Celestial Griffin.  Technically you can run Paragon solo in that content too, but you won't actually get any real benefit.

That said, this content is meant to challenge the player.  Building an unkillable team requires people having to build multiple champions with the right synergy and skillsets, and making sure that they are tuned to the right speed.  Building a Paragon cheese strat involves literally nothing, and the Paragon could even be at level 1 to accomplish this.

Everyone is so locked into this Paragon cheese idea, that they are willing to sacrifice everything for the sake of it.  

It really is fascinating 

Sep 10, 2022, 13:2709/10/22
05/29/21
RoseRoyal

On the one hand, my solution doesn't actually suggest that unkillable is acceptable, but Paragon isn't.  Both the unkillable team and paragon solo would have to solve the same problem, which is dealing enough damage in a sufficient time to avoid having the unkillable buff become useless.  In this sense, both are being treated equally.

This is no different to Clan Boss.  It's no different to the Celestial Griffin.  Technically you can run Paragon solo in that content too, but you won't actually get any real benefit.

That said, this content is meant to challenge the player.  Building an unkillable team requires people having to build multiple champions with the right synergy and skillsets, and making sure that they are tuned to the right speed.  Building a Paragon cheese strat involves literally nothing, and the Paragon could even be at level 1 to accomplish this.

Everyone is so locked into this Paragon cheese idea, that they are willing to sacrifice everything for the sake of it.  

It really is fascinating 

like i said - i dont see a problem here. u want a challenge? who trying to force you to use the paragon? make urself a team, without unkill to have even more challendge. waste a tons of energy on the way, tons of silver to rebuild that several champs, which can fit into this boss theoretically. u can have all the fun u want. 

Sep 11, 2022, 05:0609/11/22
Sep 11, 2022, 05:07(edited)
02/13/21
peaceof

like i said - i dont see a problem here. u want a challenge? who trying to force you to use the paragon? make urself a team, without unkill to have even more challendge. waste a tons of energy on the way, tons of silver to rebuild that several champs, which can fit into this boss theoretically. u can have all the fun u want. 

We'll have to agree to disagree, because I think fundamentally what you are saying is wrong.  If you want an easy game, then there are plenty out there to do so.  Plarium created this content with the intention of having it difficult for players to do it, and this is the nature of end game content in general.  If that type of content doesn't interest you then that is fine, but that isn't what this game is about

As mentioned above, I am not happy with how Plarium has approached this fix, but I agree with it in principle.  

Sep 28, 2022, 08:5209/28/22
03/21/20

Hello, 

I dont want to rant a lot here so I will try to be as short a possible (although I know I will fail..:D)

We got a new patch and still no news about the "fix". This is the most frustrating thing becasue ppl need to run this dungeon and invest in building champs for it and they just cannot. 

1st: I somehow came to terms that the fix will be the worst possible one and what the hell, OK, just please let us know already. I had build a "regular" team which fails on stage 15 from time to time and a lot on magic and after that I build a double maneater team which stil fails sometimes and is not full auto, but it gets the job done, I dont want to invest any more into champs that might not be valiable here, so, whatever the verdict, just let us know!

2nd: UK is a mechanic of the game the same as counterattack and block dmg... it does not make sence to just kill it here, why is it OK to buil a block dmg team and not an UK? because of one void rare... really? I remember when Urogrim was nerfed to the ground, everyone was upset, but everyone forgot about it and the statement from Plarium was something like this, if I remember correctly: "an epic champion even if he is void should not be able to solo endgame content." which is fair I guess... you needed endgame gear to solo with Urogrim. Bosses did not start applying heal reductions, got immune to poisons... no the problematic champ was nurfed.

why is it OK for a void rare to solo endgame content without any gear whatsoever? How is it not the easiest and first solution to get him on a 3 turn cooldown? I know, in many waves ppl would be less frustrated because after comming back to auto battles after an hour, they woudl not find themself stuck on a paragon in the 1st fight... but I think they would learn to live with that.

I had my 2 MEs build and now I am using a different CB comp and was happy that I can find a pleace for them once again and not just guard the vault. Its not the hardest comp to build, but you still need the gear to pull it off and getting them speed to 270 speed is not an early game tactic, nor is getting and building two void epics, so why should be a properly build team with masteries, good gear which uses one of the mechanics of the game be excluded becasue its just too hard to nurf a rare champ? 

There are many machanics in this game which makes it fun sicne you can approach the content from various sides, why limit them when the solution is just so easy? 

Sorry for the long speech

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 28, 2022, 08:5709/28/22
02/24/19
lokitmg

Hello, 

I dont want to rant a lot here so I will try to be as short a possible (although I know I will fail..:D)

We got a new patch and still no news about the "fix". This is the most frustrating thing becasue ppl need to run this dungeon and invest in building champs for it and they just cannot. 

1st: I somehow came to terms that the fix will be the worst possible one and what the hell, OK, just please let us know already. I had build a "regular" team which fails on stage 15 from time to time and a lot on magic and after that I build a double maneater team which stil fails sometimes and is not full auto, but it gets the job done, I dont want to invest any more into champs that might not be valiable here, so, whatever the verdict, just let us know!

2nd: UK is a mechanic of the game the same as counterattack and block dmg... it does not make sence to just kill it here, why is it OK to buil a block dmg team and not an UK? because of one void rare... really? I remember when Urogrim was nerfed to the ground, everyone was upset, but everyone forgot about it and the statement from Plarium was something like this, if I remember correctly: "an epic champion even if he is void should not be able to solo endgame content." which is fair I guess... you needed endgame gear to solo with Urogrim. Bosses did not start applying heal reductions, got immune to poisons... no the problematic champ was nurfed.

why is it OK for a void rare to solo endgame content without any gear whatsoever? How is it not the easiest and first solution to get him on a 3 turn cooldown? I know, in many waves ppl would be less frustrated because after comming back to auto battles after an hour, they woudl not find themself stuck on a paragon in the 1st fight... but I think they would learn to live with that.

I had my 2 MEs build and now I am using a different CB comp and was happy that I can find a pleace for them once again and not just guard the vault. Its not the hardest comp to build, but you still need the gear to pull it off and getting them speed to 270 speed is not an early game tactic, nor is getting and building two void epics, so why should be a properly build team with masteries, good gear which uses one of the mechanics of the game be excluded becasue its just too hard to nurf a rare champ? 

There are many machanics in this game which makes it fun sicne you can approach the content from various sides, why limit them when the solution is just so easy? 

Sorry for the long speech

Just a quick note, patch notes will be coming out as the 6.10 update comes live, if not before. Right now, the game is just updating, but no changes activated yet. :)

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 28, 2022, 09:1409/28/22
02/24/19

Further, just a side note on Urogrim, I'm still using him to solo Dragon and Ice Golem... and he's excellent in Robot Elevator teams :)

i

Sep 28, 2022, 10:2009/28/22
Sep 28, 2022, 10:22(edited)
03/21/20
harleQuinn

Further, just a side note on Urogrim, I'm still using him to solo Dragon and Ice Golem... and he's excellent in Robot Elevator teams :)

i

Yes, its still possible, but I guess the gear requirement are a bit more ...endgame, not like they were not before, compare it to Paragon... any cheese content...be it ITF or even NM campaign, thanks to his 2 turn CD, the requirements are basiclly 0, what he can do, he can do as a 3 star lv1 and that is a bit stpid if you ask me. I get that he is unique in the game in what he does, but I dare to say that noone would dare to put such ability on a legendary these days...

And to correct my statement from before, I have not seen anything in the 6.10 highlights about it. Looking forward to the patch notes then.