All Categories

If you're building Paragon for the Robot Fortress, I'd stop now....

Search
harleQuinnModerator
Sep 9, 2022, 15:3709/09/22
02/24/19

Changes to the boss to prevent the Paragon cheese....

i

Just a quick PSA for my fellow forum . Full Digest here: https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/843_news/31743_raid-digest--09-09-22/

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Sep 9, 2022, 15:4209/09/22
12/30/20

Welp, there goes my plan to join the unkillable crowd. 😢 

Sep 9, 2022, 16:1709/09/22
01/19/21

Well, we all knew it was coming. Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't just slapped an additional turn on his cooldown to prevent using him to cheese the nether spider.

Sep 9, 2022, 16:2109/09/22
07/27/21

regardless of the fact alot of us lvled him for this reason. his kit has been that way forever. its an oversight on them not knowing there own game like always.

this requuires a refund to anyone that has maxed him since the update in my eyes

Sep 9, 2022, 16:4309/09/22
Sep 9, 2022, 17:00(edited)
05/28/21

I could see this coming, but my thought here is this boss IMO is overtuned.  I find it far too difficult at the lower levels.  My team is fairly good IMO and with that,  I should not have to manual L6 for 7 minutes with some pretty good epics and leggos, fairly well geared for a midish level player.  

I would appreciate anyone else's thoughts on whether they agree or maybe my champs are not as good as I think they are.

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 9, 2022, 17:0309/09/22
12/30/20
Trekie

I could see this coming, but my thought here is this boss IMO is overtuned.  I find it far too difficult at the lower levels.  My team is fairly good IMO and with that,  I should not have to manual L6 for 7 minutes with some pretty good epics and leggos, fairly well geared for a midish level player.  

I would appreciate anyone else's thoughts on whether they agree or maybe my champs are not as good as I think they are.

without seeing your champs (and choice of them) along with gearing it's kind of tough to say otherwise

also in theory given this is brand new content that's come out multiple years into Raid's lifespan, it should be more difficult/require different comps/so on and so forth

Sep 9, 2022, 17:0709/09/22
02/11/22

I think we can understand that near-unkillable teams will still work, in other words, those based on block damage will still work

Sep 9, 2022, 17:0809/09/22
07/27/21
dthorne04

without seeing your champs (and choice of them) along with gearing it's kind of tough to say otherwise

also in theory given this is brand new content that's come out multiple years into Raid's lifespan, it should be more difficult/require different comps/so on and so forth

then it needs locking behind higher levels. we can solo dungeons,scarab things like that. how is this any different? the rewards are awful.

on average i wont even be able to summon a soul a day on stage 15.

juust another blatent cash grab.

Sep 9, 2022, 17:0909/09/22
09/14/20
dthorne04

also in theory...after developing this game for multiple years...Plarium should have been able to factor in the Paragon cheese...it should not be necessary to fix this problem after release..they should have taken this into account in the first place....

just saying...

Sep 9, 2022, 17:1109/09/22
05/28/21
dthorne04

DT, I see this as another example of content requiring very specific champs to have real success at, if you don't have them you will not get very far.  I've enjoyed this game alot up until now, I'm not feeling it right now.

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 9, 2022, 17:1909/09/22
Sep 9, 2022, 17:19(edited)
12/30/20
Matrim

also in theory...after developing this game for multiple years...Plarium should have been able to factor in the Paragon cheese...it should not be necessary to fix this problem after release..they should have taken this into account in the first place....

just saying...

these are completely separate points you're conflating here.

that said I'm hoping to get some clarity sooner rather than later what the actual change(s) to the mechanics will be.

Sep 9, 2022, 17:2109/09/22
09/14/20
dthorne04

these are completely separate points you're conflating here.

that said I'm hoping to get some clarity sooner rather than later what the actual change(s) to the mechanics will be.

Might be that I was just triggered by the mental connection of requeirements for new strategies because of the new content and the working old paragon strategy.

You are correct that my comment was not fully within the context...

Sep 9, 2022, 17:3709/09/22
02/08/21

I have to admit this change so soon after the patch drop makes me wonder if they "forgot" about unkillable while making this boss. As while watching the previews an unkillable/block damage team came to mind ( tho speed tuning it I would leave it to bigger brains than me)

So when I saw the deadwood Jedi with two maneaters I thought great will try and make this and level up the right champs when the right events of the fusion come around. 

Now I am a little confused the wording makes it kind of sound like they just want to stop paragon, but will this also invalidate others unkillable?

also very reluctant to invest in making a block damage team (if it can be made) if next week they decide to make it ignore block damage.

Sep 9, 2022, 18:1909/09/22
06/25/20
Visarat

I have to admit this change so soon after the patch drop makes me wonder if they "forgot" about unkillable while making this boss. As while watching the previews an unkillable/block damage team came to mind ( tho speed tuning it I would leave it to bigger brains than me)

So when I saw the deadwood Jedi with two maneaters I thought great will try and make this and level up the right champs when the right events of the fusion come around. 

Now I am a little confused the wording makes it kind of sound like they just want to stop paragon, but will this also invalidate others unkillable?

also very reluctant to invest in making a block damage team (if it can be made) if next week they decide to make it ignore block damage.

They painted themselves into a corner with Paragon. It's the only champ in the game that can do what it does. As a result, they have only two options for new content. They either need to make it ignore unkillable period, or they need to just go ahead and change paragon. They should just do the latter. Bite the bullet, deal with the hate.

Sep 9, 2022, 18:4609/09/22
05/29/21
Visarat

i thought they werent against it actually. like, why not? rewards are not big. its still grabbing cash from whales, its still making ppl waste even more time on this, instead of just forgeting about this new content after week or two. and those, who want the quest of finding a comp, a key for the new dungeon, will have their fun anyway. i dont see a problem.

Sep 9, 2022, 21:0009/09/22
10/15/20
Trekie

I have only done up to level 12 on this dungeon and so far it has been easy enough to completely ignore mechanics but i have been playing over two years now so have had lots of time to farm gear.

Sep 9, 2022, 21:0209/09/22
10/15/20
dthorne04

Yes it is probably aimed at older players, but i can understand the frustration of newer players. If i was six months into the game i would probably be frustrated at the content difficulty.

Sep 9, 2022, 23:3209/09/22
10/08/17

I am glad Plarium did this . 

End game content should  not be able to be cheezed

(yes I have  multiple Paragons)

Sep 10, 2022, 03:3309/10/22
12/18/20

So I am going to get penalized for (finally) maxing out my Paragon because I haven't gotten the other champs (Geomancer, Duchess, etc) that can easily (and more quickly) complete this.  My Paragon will likely take 30 minutes a run if I try stage 15.  Another divide between haves and have nots.   

Sep 10, 2022, 04:3409/10/22
06/25/20
brudog1970

So I am going to get penalized for (finally) maxing out my Paragon because I haven't gotten the other champs (Geomancer, Duchess, etc) that can easily (and more quickly) complete this.  My Paragon will likely take 30 minutes a run if I try stage 15.  Another divide between haves and have nots.   

I mean - c'mon, be realistic. Did you honestly expect them to make it possible to beat their ostensibly new "endgame" content with a single champ solo?

Sep 10, 2022, 06:0509/10/22
Sep 10, 2022, 06:06(edited)
02/13/21

I support a change in general, though I don't like the approach.  I'm disappointed that Plarium spent so much time on building this new content, then going through all the UAT processes, only to find out "oh, we forgot about the Paragon cheese".  It's just yet another instance of shoddy development standards, and I really wish Plarium held themselves to a higher standard.

The problem I have with doing a blanket "ignore unkillable" change is that it then also removes any build or tunes that incorporate other unkillable champions.  

Instead, I would have preferred a solution such as incorporating some sort of mechanic whereby after XX conditions are met, then the Iron Twins ignore unkillable/block damage.  This could be XX rounds like CB, or XX stacks of a debuff/buff like Griffin.  There's even an "Iron Brand" debuff mechanic to this boss that could be utilized for this very purpose, as it increases in stacks as the fight goes on

This would allow players to still attempt builds and tunes with unkillable, but would essentially result in a single paragon not doing enough damage to kill the boss fast enough before the above criteria is met