All Categories

System in shard openeing is broken

System in shard openeing is broken

Search
Comments
Feb 26, 2022, 15:2502/26/22
Feb 26, 2022, 15:27(edited)
11/14/20

I'll chime in on the pull rates real quick.  It may be just RNG, but I've been playing this game for over a year now, and I have never pulled a void legendary.  The mercy system is the thing that I question.  

Are they really giving me the proper multipliers on my shard pulls?  And is the fact that it takes 200 pulls to increase the mercy multiplier for void shards ok?  Is that really fair?  That's a whale multiplier, because most people take a LONG time to get 200 void shards.

This would all be ok if EVERY void legendary in the game was amazing, but we know that's not the case, so if I end up pulling a bad void legendary after all this time...I'm going to be p_ssed!  LOL!

To add to the original convo, I'm totally fine pulling epics because there are a lot of really good epics and they take less resources to develop.  Too many legendary pulls is a bad thing unless you are a spender, and I'm not a spender, me loves me epics!

I am at the point now though where I'm running out of epic books and I have a stash of 26 lego books.  Kinda need a good lego Raid.  Please.

Feb 26, 2022, 16:0902/26/22
06/20/19
drone

Plarium has for some reason decided to make void shards exceptionally rare. If you google Kizzle and void shards im pretty sure you can find a more in-depth analysis.

I play 3 accounts. 

My first account do ultra. nm. CB every day and finished both hard and normal DT last rotation. I think I got about 20 voids shards since last 2x void

My second account do NM CB every day and can only clear normal DT. That account got 10 voids shards since last rotation.

Each 2x rotation comes every six 6 weeks. That means the accounts can expect about 160 and 80 voids shards pr year. So if you only summon during 2x it is 1,6 legendary pr year and 0,8 legendary pr. year. Remember if you on average get 0,8 legendary pr. year out of a hundred people a good amount will have gotten no legendary after three years. (we are well into year 3 before mercy system triggers). I know this is not exact math and numbers can be off. But the point stand voids shard are very rare compared to the 0,5 chance of lego.

So Free to play I would not count on void shards. Think of them as non-exsisting and jump up from your chair IF you one day get a good void legendary. (Oh and only summon on 2x or maneater/Demytha 10x)

Voids are much more rare than ancients.  In 2021 I opened 998 ancients and only 299 voids.

Feb 26, 2022, 16:1902/26/22
06/20/19
TheDude

I'll chime in on the pull rates real quick.  It may be just RNG, but I've been playing this game for over a year now, and I have never pulled a void legendary.  The mercy system is the thing that I question.  

Are they really giving me the proper multipliers on my shard pulls?  And is the fact that it takes 200 pulls to increase the mercy multiplier for void shards ok?  Is that really fair?  That's a whale multiplier, because most people take a LONG time to get 200 void shards.

This would all be ok if EVERY void legendary in the game was amazing, but we know that's not the case, so if I end up pulling a bad void legendary after all this time...I'm going to be p_ssed!  LOL!

To add to the original convo, I'm totally fine pulling epics because there are a lot of really good epics and they take less resources to develop.  Too many legendary pulls is a bad thing unless you are a spender, and I'm not a spender, me loves me epics!

I am at the point now though where I'm running out of epic books and I have a stash of 26 lego books.  Kinda need a good lego Raid.  Please.

With over a year's worth of data, I can say for my account there is no evidence that the mercy system does not work as advertised.  There is no evidence that the shard multipliers/odds do not work as advertised.  In an entire year I pulled only 1 void leggo from shard and that was a dup visix so rather disappointing.  And that was for a 2 year old account where I was gaining shards from CB.  The issue is not the odds or multipliers or the mercy system.  (We can discuss wether the advertised rates are fair or good, but they are as advertised.)  You are correct that the issue is the low number of void shards available.

I got visix on oct 26, 2021, 4 months ago, and have only opened 155 shards since then.  And thats getting double chest on brutal/nm/unm everyday.

Feb 26, 2022, 23:0202/26/22
06/20/19

I wish there were an in game counter as well.

Mar 9, 2022, 15:0303/09/22
12/06/21
Skadi
12 % probability to get a legendary Hero. 

The chance to ge an epic is 88%. The chance to get 14 epics in a row is 0.8814 = 16.7%. 

Bad luck, but not as unlikely as getting hit by a lightnig bolt or something like that. The math is pretty clear, and you knew that before you opened the shards.

/edit:

The forum does not display my post correct. It's not 0.8814, but 0.88^14.

That's nearly true.

"true" because the events to get an epic hero are independent to eachother

"nearly" because the mercy system raises the chance for a legendary after 12 epic heros with 2%.

0.88^12 * 0.86 * 0.84 = 0.1558 = 15.58%

Bad bad luck even.

Spending money for helping other people makes you much more happier! :-)

Mar 12, 2022, 17:1603/12/22
12/19/19

If you actually PLAYED the game for 31 months, and with any smarts at all it is impossible to have not pulled one by now.  I am probably 2 months short of that and f2p and most would consider me end game.  And I have obviously pulled quite a few nice void legos. 

Quite whining and actually play the game, you will make more progress.  Though if you can't figure out how in 3 years, I'd recommend a different game more suitable to you.

Mar 12, 2022, 19:0103/12/22
10/15/20
Trips

If you actually PLAYED the game for 31 months, and with any smarts at all it is impossible to have not pulled one by now.  I am probably 2 months short of that and f2p and most would consider me end game.  And I have obviously pulled quite a few nice void legos. 

Quite whining and actually play the game, you will make more progress.  Though if you can't figure out how in 3 years, I'd recommend a different game more suitable to you.

I'm not sure if that's really impossible. I don't play since 3 years, but I have no Void lego pulled since Oct 2020. I actually have 3 void legendarys, but that are Arbiter (quest), Visix (free) and Vlad (fusion).

And, exept the start of the game, where I didn't know that 2x events exist and I pulled the first void shards I got from campaign immediately, I never wasted them. If fortune isn't on your side, you get few Void shards from CB and the mercy counter doesn't kick in till the end.

That said, I don't complain about the pull rates, but play with the champs I have, some decent void champs among them: Coldheart, Urogrim, Peydma, Godseeker Aniri.

Mar 12, 2022, 21:0903/12/22
12/19/19
Skadi

I'm not sure if that's really impossible. I don't play since 3 years, but I have no Void lego pulled since Oct 2020. I actually have 3 void legendarys, but that are Arbiter (quest), Visix (free) and Vlad (fusion).

And, exept the start of the game, where I didn't know that 2x events exist and I pulled the first void shards I got from campaign immediately, I never wasted them. If fortune isn't on your side, you get few Void shards from CB and the mercy counter doesn't kick in till the end.

That said, I don't complain about the pull rates, but play with the champs I have, some decent void champs among them: Coldheart, Urogrim, Peydma, Godseeker Aniri.

How long have u been doing UNM daily x2 chests? That is where most shards come from.  So u r at halfof 31 months, little over. I don't think u will get to 24 before your 1st 

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 12, 2022, 23:1103/12/22
12/30/20

Took me about 13 months (last month) to get my first void lego pull, probably only purchased ~10 or so voids. I think my consistent UNM downing started around the 7 month mark. Pulled Inithwe which at that point was...not the most exciting pull for my account. 50 later was fortunately Tormin. 

I think there's a bit of a danger in getting your hopes up with void legos because obviously the longer it goes, the less impactful they're likely to be for your account. Obviously there are some big exceptions.

Mar 21, 2022, 05:2603/21/22
03/07/20
Skadi

I agree with chris and dthorne. Fusions are a way  to get guaranteed legos. Open shards during the fusion tournaments, but don't expect a lego from the shard, expect 250 points in the champion chase.

i

That are all legendary champs I own. Vlad fusion, Visix daily, Arbiter quest, Yoshi fusion, Drexthar 3v3 arena basar, Rhazin fusion, Ninja free, Scyl daily, Teela shard (my first lego in the game, ranked as worst lego of all by Ash), Gamuran shard, Ruel fusion, Duchess shard, Ghostborn shard, Lyssandra shard, Zavia shard, Cleopterix daily, Aleks free, King Garog shard, Kantra shard, Yannica clan shop.

So exactly 50% of my legos are from shards. Fusions and other free stuff like daily rewards are a great way to get champs. Duchess was a lucky pull obviously, but I got here quite late, shortly before I got Cleopterix as day 450 reward, so my account progression was not bound to her.

I also go her but can't get anymore legion champions anymore even with yellow shards, been playing for years... What happened? Come on Raid give me some legion to fight with can't even beat fire knight level 13 with my champions 

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 21, 2022, 05:4303/21/22
02/24/19
leon.pridgen

I also go her but can't get anymore legion champions anymore even with yellow shards, been playing for years... What happened? Come on Raid give me some legion to fight with can't even beat fire knight level 13 with my champions 

Why don't you start a new thread and we'll see if we can get you a FK team figured out with the champs you have? Just post your roster and who you are currently using, and perhaps their builds and we'll see what we can do. :)

Mar 21, 2022, 11:3903/21/22
10/15/20
leon.pridgen

You don't need any legendary champ to beat Fire Knight 13. Some legendaries may help to do it faster, or more save with a 100% winning rate, but for a mid stage like 13 I'm pretty sure you can build rare only teams beating the Fire Knight. Ok, not really rare only, in addition you would need one uncommen, Armiger.

i

You don't need legendary champs. You should know what buffs/debuffs and strategies are used to do the stage. That team above is just for showcase, 4 rares and one uncommen. Of course you can find better champs to replace some of them among epics or (free) legendaries like Visix. You don't need the exact 5 champs I used here, others can do the job as well.

I will explain why I used the champs I used, I'm sure you can build a team able to beat FK 13 from your champs as well.

Apothecary: speed and tm buff on your team, triple hit A1 to bring the shield down at the boss, heal

Coldheart: 4 hits A1 to bring the shield down, AoE A2 to destroy the waves in dungeon stage 1 and 2, big damage + 100% turnmeter reduce on the A3, after the shield is depleted

Armiger: turnmeter reduce on the A1, keep the tm bar of the boss down once the shield is depleted

Bellower: just some AoE damage to speed up the fight vs. the waves, can be replaced with any champ

Soulbond Bowyer: AoE damage vs. waves on the A1, big damage on the A2 and tm reduce on the A3 after the shield is depleted