Aleksandr and Expectations

Aleksandr and Expectations

Search
Comments
Dec 13, 2021, 21:4812/13/21
10/15/20
Trips

Lol @rage book usage

I've only rage opened shards.  Never went well. 

At least RNG was on my side and I used only 5 books until Drexthar's passive was maxed out. 2 skills into his A2, no one landed in the A1.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 13, 2021, 21:5012/13/21
Dec 13, 2021, 21:58(edited)
02/24/19
Trips

Lol @rage book usage

I've only rage opened shards.  Never went well. 

Rage Book Useage is not for everyone. If rage book expenditures last more than 3 books, please consult with your moderator. Rage legendary books are not intented for rare or uncommon champs, only epic champions. In rare cases, mild or moderate Void Shards may be wasted, Sacreds may be pulled, or CB runs will be tanked. In such cases, DM a moderator immediately.

So ask your clan leader if Rage Book Usage is right for you, and finish ranking up your Umbral Enchantress or Drexar today!

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 13, 2021, 21:5612/13/21
12/30/20
harleQuinn

Rage Book Useage is not for everyone. If rage book expenditures last more than 3 books, please consult with your moderator. Rage legendary books are not intented for rare or uncommon champs, only epic champions. In rare cases, mild or moderate Void Shards may be wasted, Sacreds may be pulled, or CB runs will be tanked. In such cases, DM a moderator immediately.

So ask your clan leader if Rage Book Usage is right for you, and finish ranking up your Umbral Enchantress or Drexar today!

Hypothetically asking for a friend: 

Are there any other consequences to rage booking? 

PURELY A HYPOTHETICAL, MIND YOU

Also totally didn't book Drex and Scyl. Nope. Not me. 

Dec 13, 2021, 22:0412/13/21
10/15/20

Scyl- easily my fave free champ, she is amazing.

Like many i finished barb 21 with scyl and a bunch of level 50's (level 50 marked, warmaiden etc)

Yes she is good without books, but i put books into her as she is worth it in my opinion.

Dec 13, 2021, 22:1212/13/21
10/15/20
harleQuinn

I mean, IF you were to pull those champs. I STILL don't have either on my account.

This one they just hand to you. Here you go! :D

I am not disagreeing with you on this!. Things have definitely improved for new players even since i started playing a year ago. Ninja in particular is extremely solid and this guy will be useful early on.

It was only the description of his damage as 'insane' that i felt was a bit OTT :)

For some reason i have 4 dhukks, no i do not know why either :)

Dec 13, 2021, 23:1012/13/21
11/16/20

I don't currently have a use for aleksandr but he is chilling in the vault if I ever need him. I don't think he looked as bad as he was made out to be.

The one big gripe I have is the how good he is for a new account for aoe decrease defense. Being legendary booking him for aoe dd seems like a terrible idea imo. I think the best thing for any new account is to just farm warmaiden while leveling up your starter and initial food. Legendary books are way to scarce for new accounts and I think maxing Aleks is a waste for new accounts.

I think this is the disconnect with this champion. Early game to mid he would be great for a account but not worth the resources due to other rare or even epic champions filling the same role. Late game accounts that could spend the resources on him probably do not require him.

It's not that he is a bad champion, he just kind of falls in a weird spot for accounts imo.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 14, 2021, 00:1212/14/21
02/24/19
evilized6666

I don't currently have a use for aleksandr but he is chilling in the vault if I ever need him. I don't think he looked as bad as he was made out to be.

The one big gripe I have is the how good he is for a new account for aoe decrease defense. Being legendary booking him for aoe dd seems like a terrible idea imo. I think the best thing for any new account is to just farm warmaiden while leveling up your starter and initial food. Legendary books are way to scarce for new accounts and I think maxing Aleks is a waste for new accounts.

I think this is the disconnect with this champion. Early game to mid he would be great for a account but not worth the resources due to other rare or even epic champions filling the same role. Late game accounts that could spend the resources on him probably do not require him.

It's not that he is a bad champion, he just kind of falls in a weird spot for accounts imo.

Except you do end up with leggo books from the missions early game. You either save them all for Scyl (like I did cause I had no one else to put them into), or you use them for Aleks. Or before that for Ninja.

Gosh it was so tempting to use Leggo books on Epics when I felt like I was never ever going to pull a leggo champ, not ever.

Dec 14, 2021, 01:3412/14/21
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Except you do end up with leggo books from the missions early game. You either save them all for Scyl (like I did cause I had no one else to put them into), or you use them for Aleks. Or before that for Ninja.

Gosh it was so tempting to use Leggo books on Epics when I felt like I was never ever going to pull a leggo champ, not ever.

Same, almost 6 months with no gold :) then back to back weeks hitting the jackpot 

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 14, 2021, 03:1312/14/21
02/24/19
Trips

Same, almost 6 months with no gold :) then back to back weeks hitting the jackpot 

Once I started getting them it was a floodgate had opened, and then being able to complete fusions. Sheesh, such a difference in the game once I was at the point to do that.

Dec 14, 2021, 09:1712/14/21
10/15/20
Trips

I think entitlement pretty much summed it up :)

The constant griping about free stuff not being good enough would be comical if it wasn't borderline pathetic πŸ™„ 

Though I agree using warmaiden, stag (or 1 of many aoe def down epics) makes more sense for f2p noobs.  But just getting quick easy 50s expedites progression.  So to contradict myself, using aleks unbooked at 50 probably makes most sense at start? 

Plarium is smart giving out legos like candy now. Though we will just see more threads that books are too scarce.  

Just seen this.

My mistake, i thought this was a place where we could openly discuss and evaluate champs in an honest way.

That is what i did, decent for progression, no use for me as a mid game player- decent champ overall. And most of all free so no grounds for complaining.

I didnt realise that we are supposed to pretend its something we will use him and honest opinions on this champ make us entitled and pathetic

But- whatever, ill stay off here since i prefer to be honest about things, to those i have chatted to over the last year, have a great xmas.

Dec 14, 2021, 10:3812/14/21
08/17/21

Aleksandr is objectively speaking a weak legendary, it just is what it is. He didn't need to be an S-tier champion but he should have been a B to begin with and then gotten some perks against Orcs and Ogryn on top. I think any champion directly based on a real person or popular mythological character should be at least B-tier so they have a decent chance of getting played otherwise it just feels like a missed opportunity.

To make him relevant but not more powerful than the devs intended his A2 could be changed to do AOE 15% weaken that gets bumped up to 25% against Orcs and Ogryn. Easy fix, nowhere near OP and everybody would be a lot happier.

Dec 14, 2021, 10:3912/14/21
Dec 14, 2021, 10:40(edited)
10/15/20
trevor.wilson

Just seen this.

My mistake, i thought this was a place where we could openly discuss and evaluate champs in an honest way.

That is what i did, decent for progression, no use for me as a mid game player- decent champ overall. And most of all free so no grounds for complaining.

I didnt realise that we are supposed to pretend its something we will use him and honest opinions on this champ make us entitled and pathetic

But- whatever, ill stay off here since i prefer to be honest about things, to those i have chatted to over the last year, have a great xmas.

I don't think trip's post was directed to you. He neither quoted you nor talked to you directly.

I guess it was more a comment to people who flooded the forum with threads like "Alexandr in Raid is an affront to the national dignity of Ukraine, upgrade him or military special forces will destroy the Plarium headquarter."

Dec 14, 2021, 10:5112/14/21
06/20/19
trevor.wilson

Just seen this.

If you look at the first post after the OP, I mention the sense of entitlment and I stand by it.  I don't think trips was talking about you, probably referencing my comment.

No one here has any problems, and welcomes open honest discussion about champs and their kits.  What I'm talking about is people complaining that they got free gifts and basically spitting on them w/o objectively discussing the merits of the champ. It does seem many people feel that if you give them somehting and it's not S tier then you've somehow cheated them.  That's kinda what the whole OP was asking.

Dec 14, 2021, 11:0612/14/21
Dec 14, 2021, 11:23(edited)
06/21/16

You are all forgetting something. Plarium can always change his stats and make an even better champion out of him and his skillset or even change his skillset where needed. HAS happened before. 

P.S. I never thought of the "hey, it's for free!" arguement as satisfactory. Pardon the language, but if I get poopies for free, it still remains poopies. Something in a comparison always has to be compared with what it is as if it wasn't free to prove it's not worthless. Unless you're satisified with "hey, take a token banknote of the specimen variety as payment for your services" type of compensation which I wouldn't be. But I'll have to be honest with you. If less people have it it usually becomes more valuable, so by all means, do burn or feed him when you get him.

Edited by moderator - Harbs

No swearing. 

Dec 14, 2021, 11:5312/14/21
Dec 14, 2021, 11:54(edited)
06/20/19
KingOfEverything

You are all forgetting something. Plarium can always change his stats and make an even better champion out of him and his skillset or even change his skillset where needed. HAS happened before. 

P.S. I never thought of the "hey, it's for free!" arguement as satisfactory. Pardon the language, but if I get poopies for free, it still remains poopies. Something in a comparison always has to be compared with what it is as if it wasn't free to prove it's not worthless. Unless you're satisified with "hey, take a token banknote of the specimen variety as payment for your services" type of compensation which I wouldn't be. But I'll have to be honest with you. If less people have it it usually becomes more valuable, so by all means, do burn or feed him when you get him.

Edited by moderator - Harbs

No swearing. 

I somewhat disagree.  If I get poopies for free, I drop them, wash my hands, and move on.  I don't call names, rage, and incite riots and military action to destroy the culprits. (Edit: not saying you are, just talking about the OP question.)

And as you say, they can always change the stats, it has happened before.  So why do people get biligerent?  I don't have to appreciate the freebie.  But I don't have to get vile about it either.  I just don't understand.

I disagree as well about always comparing something as if it 'weren't free.'  If one car costs me $40K and another is free, of course that's going to make a huge difference to me.  And you can evaluate if something is worthless, wheather it was free or not, imo.  A thing's cost has little to do with the calcuation of its value.  If I go to sell a sack of corn, e.g., no one cares what it cost me.

Dec 14, 2021, 14:3012/14/21
12/19/19
trevor.wilson

Just seen this.

Lol. Was not directed at you in any way. I think we agree on 99% of topics tbh :). 

Aleks is a vault guardian imo. I likely won't use ever, though I do see some niche uses for end game players. For a noob, having another 50 at start with a decent kit is obv a big help. I think the lack of perspective that this champ is being introduced for anyone else is missed by most.

Dec 14, 2021, 20:2812/14/21
08/20/20

A little advice 😎 When testing new champions, do not put them on a team with strong BEST/OP heroes (which 90% + of players do not have), because it looks frivolous...

HH & and others YT always make this mistake πŸ™€

Test something like this :

* High Khatun 

* Scyl of the Drakes 

* Visix the Unbowed

β˜… Aleksandr the Sharpshooter  or another new champion...

In my opinion it will be more honestπŸ˜‹

πŸŽ„ best wishes!  

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 14, 2021, 20:3012/14/21
Dec 14, 2021, 20:30(edited)
02/24/19
trevor.wilson

I am not disagreeing with you on this!. Things have definitely improved for new players even since i started playing a year ago. Ninja in particular is extremely solid and this guy will be useful early on.

It was only the description of his damage as 'insane' that i felt was a bit OTT :)

For some reason i have 4 dhukks, no i do not know why either :)

That's true. Insane probably isn't correct. I realized that after I posted it, but I left it up and didn't edit.

I wish I had Dhukk, I love his kit on my other account I gave away.

Dec 14, 2021, 21:0312/14/21
10/15/20
Trips

Lol. Was not directed at you in any way. I think we agree on 99% of topics tbh :). 

Aleks is a vault guardian imo. I likely won't use ever, though I do see some niche uses for end game players. For a noob, having another 50 at start with a decent kit is obv a big help. I think the lack of perspective that this champ is being introduced for anyone else is missed by most.

I think i need to read threads more carefully, my cancer treatment had to re-start this week so i am tired and misreading a lot of stuff online and also when reading emails from work- but thats no excuse, apologies.

Dec 14, 2021, 21:2912/14/21
12/19/19
trevor.wilson

I think i need to read threads more carefully, my cancer treatment had to re-start this week so i am tired and misreading a lot of stuff online and also when reading emails from work- but thats no excuse, apologies.

No apology necessary. Get well. And if you are going to misread something and respond poorly do that here instead of work  :)