All Categories

Aleksandr and Expectations

Search
harleQuinnModerator
Dec 13, 2021, 18:5212/13/21
02/24/19

So when he came out, and even after his buff prerelease, I hear a lot of anger about how bad Aleks is. Ive seen videos with people feeding him to starter champs. I've read a lot of stuff in game chat and discord about how people would rather have Warmaiden.

Except there's a problem with that... his multipliers are INSANE, and he comes with AoE Decrease Def.

I was just watching this video where HH looks at his damage: https://youtu.be/M_lUUQF1m3c

Fairly top tier numbers. Ithos level, he says.

Here's his AoE on Dragon 20, for those of you who'd like to skip the video

i

Here's his A3 on Dragon 20

i

My real question here isn't whether or not Aleks is a quality champ. His numbers are insane. Sure, he's not Trunda for damage, but he is totally free for everyone. And I don't want to devolve into arguments about the team he is with. Whether you are using Warmaiden or Aleks or Hurndig or whatever, your champs roll out with the same teammates. This means your numbers may not scale this high, but the fact you have an Ithos level nuker for free is crazy. And if you don't have a great AoE defense option built yet, you just get one 7 days in.

My real question is about the echo chamber that exists around the game. How is this guy universally viewed to be bad? I read "insult to him and his country" on these forums several times. I've read serious advice where people are encouraging new players to feed him. I just don't understand.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 13, 2021, 19:0312/13/21
06/20/19

I've never understood how people can get so angry and getting something for free.  No effort, no expense, don't even have to remember to go and collect.  Just open the game.  That's it! 

Sense of entitlement I guess.

But you bring up a good point regarding the echo chamber.

I remember when fear/true fear came out.  People raged that it was worthless, pathetic, had no use, didn't wan't any of the champs. (Jack, Ma'Shalled, Serris)

I remember when veil/perfect veil came out. People raged that it was worthless, pathetic, had no use, didn't wan't any of the champs. (Duchess, Rector)

Just recently Ninja came out and people said he was lame, food, vault guardian.

I could go on, but really, people who get angry when you give them something for free don't inspire me to reason with them.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 13, 2021, 19:1212/13/21
02/24/19

I meant to write about Ninja too. Literally watched similiar videos with players feeding him. I was just listening to people talk about how terrible he is in game chat, still quoting stuff said from when he first came out. Consequences of the echo chamber, I guess.

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 13, 2021, 19:1212/13/21
12/30/20

I'm also on team "I don't understand."

Objectively, he has a lot going for him and that's not even just for brand new/newer accounts (who he's downright absurd for, I think)

There's definitely the echo chamber/entitlement aspect, but I also think that too many champs are viewed through the lens of players who basically have access to everything in the game, or almost everything. Aleks can and do will work for the vast majority of accounts in the game, but obviously not for CC's/super end game players who have access to the best champs in the game. 

And he's free. Literally free. You log in for a week and get gear + at worst a solid champion for most accounts. 

Dec 13, 2021, 19:2212/13/21
06/20/19

I also think with Alek that the whole situtional FW effects po'd a lot of people.  There really are 2 ways to look at any situation like this;

1)  The champ has base skills, but you don't let me use them in certain situations, and

2)  The champ has base skill, and your giving me even more in certain situations.

He first needs to be evaluated not even considering the extra, then look at the extra.

I think people just get po'd if they don't get everything everytime right now.

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 13, 2021, 19:2412/13/21
12/30/20

For purpose of this thread, his multipliers and full kit: 

i

His base attack isn't great, but that's one of those things that's easily mitigated given the kit, I think. 

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 13, 2021, 19:2612/13/21
02/24/19

Maybe just posting his multipliers is the answer to all the issues Angwil was talking about. "Sure, his kit is occasionally situational, but uhh.... look at the numbers. 0_0"

Dec 13, 2021, 19:5212/13/21
10/15/20

With his new damage multipliers, Alexandr's A2 can hit pretty hard. But top tier nuker is a bit exaggerated. Hell Hades has probably the gear to make a killing machine out of every champ with an AoE attack in the game. 

Alexandr's decrease def doesn't matter if he is the designated sharpshooter nuker of your team, because somebody else has to set up this debuff before he goes in that constellation.

• Alexandr: atk 1432, A2 4.6 x atk, +15% from books
  • Vlad: atk 1443, A2 4.7 x atk, +15% from books, no weak hits, turnmeter stuff if enemies survive
  • Ithos: atk 1608, A3 4,4 x atk, +25% from books, no weak hits, allways a crit (much easier to get tons of critdamage from artifacts if critrate doesn't matter)

Alexandr is a good one, but champs like Vlad or Ithos are definetly better nukers.

Dec 13, 2021, 19:5212/13/21
Dec 13, 2021, 20:12(edited)
10/15/20

I dont tend to pay a lot of attention to content creator damage since they often use gear many of us wont have.

Looking at his multipliers, his aoe is 4.6x attack- 

Thats decent, similar to vlad for instance, but not sure i would call it insane? It looks weaker than standard arena nukers with drop defence such as abbess too.

I certainly would not feed him, that seems silly, but if a person has a decent aoe decrease defence already then personally i would much rather have a defence based champ to do that, since they are easier to keep alive.  Or one with good base defence and hp such as stag knight who decreases attack at the same time.

I still think he is good for progression, but not something that excites me.

Dec 13, 2021, 19:5412/13/21
10/15/20
Skadi

With his new damage multipliers, Alexandr's A2 can hit pretty hard. But top tier nuker is a bit exaggerated. Hell Hades has probably the gear to make a killing machine out of every champ with an AoE attack in the game. 

Alexandr's decrease def doesn't matter if he is the designated sharpshooter nuker of your team, because somebody else has to set up this debuff before he goes in that constellation.

• Alexandr: atk 1432, A2 4.6 x atk, +15% from books
  • Vlad: atk 1443, A2 4.7 x atk, +15% from books, no weak hits, turnmeter stuff if enemies survive
  • Ithos: atk 1608, A3 4,4 x atk, +25% from books, no weak hits, allways a crit (much easier to get tons of critdamage from artifacts if critrate doesn't matter)

Alexandr is a good one, but champs like Vlad or Ithos are definetly better nukers.

looks like we posted at the same time, i agree.

I do think feeding him to rares in a fit of pique is childish though if people are doing that. ..hes free at the end of the day

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 13, 2021, 19:5912/13/21
02/24/19

A "good one" is better than "food"

Ithos is a void champ, and I definitely don't have him. And Vlad is a legendary you had to earn. 

For a new account he is a crazy good champ. AoE Dec Def or Nuker, depending on who your initial pulls are. And for someone just starting who got both Ninja before he phased out, and now gets Aleks? That's quite the headstart compared to me farming Spirithosts and Warmaidens to pair with my Athel.

Dec 13, 2021, 21:0612/13/21
10/15/20
harleQuinn

A "good one" is better than "food"

Ithos is a void champ, and I definitely don't have him. And Vlad is a legendary you had to earn. 

For a new account he is a crazy good champ. AoE Dec Def or Nuker, depending on who your initial pulls are. And for someone just starting who got both Ninja before he phased out, and now gets Aleks? That's quite the headstart compared to me farming Spirithosts and Warmaidens to pair with my Athel.

Yeh i agree eating him is silly and would never do it myself, definitely very useful for progression.

As a new player i would still prefer a stag knight for drop defence, or a dhukk (easier to book and better to keep alive), but ...i agree good for progression.  And most importantly, he is free ! :)

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 13, 2021, 21:0712/13/21
Dec 13, 2021, 21:13(edited)
02/24/19
trevor.wilson

Yeh i agree eating him is silly and would never do it myself, definitely very useful for progression.

As a new player i would still prefer a stag knight for drop defence, or a dhukk (easier to book and better to keep alive), but ...i agree good for progression.  And most importantly, he is free ! :)

I mean, IF you were to pull those champs. I STILL don't have either on my account.

This one they just hand to you. Here you go! :D

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 13, 2021, 21:0812/13/21
12/30/20

Perhaps he's not Ithos/void nuker territory, but that kind of feels like missing the forest for the trees. 

Dec 13, 2021, 21:2012/13/21
12/19/19

I think entitlement pretty much summed it up :)

The constant griping about free stuff not being good enough would be comical if it wasn't borderline pathetic 🙄 

Though I agree using warmaiden, stag (or 1 of many aoe def down epics) makes more sense for f2p noobs.  But just getting quick easy 50s expedites progression.  So to contradict myself, using aleks unbooked at 50 probably makes most sense at start? 

Plarium is smart giving out legos like candy now. Though we will just see more threads that books are too scarce.  

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 13, 2021, 21:2312/13/21
12/30/20
Trips

I think entitlement pretty much summed it up :)

The constant griping about free stuff not being good enough would be comical if it wasn't borderline pathetic 🙄 

Though I agree using warmaiden, stag (or 1 of many aoe def down epics) makes more sense for f2p noobs.  But just getting quick easy 50s expedites progression.  So to contradict myself, using aleks unbooked at 50 probably makes most sense at start? 

Plarium is smart giving out legos like candy now. Though we will just see more threads that books are too scarce.  

The fact that Aleks comes out of the box able to get to 50 without making any food/using chickens is kind of huge for earlier accounts, for sure. 

Also there are a ton of legos who work just fine with minimal/no books. I think given the context Aleks is one of them. 

Dec 13, 2021, 21:2612/13/21
12/19/19
dthorne04

The fact that Aleks comes out of the box able to get to 50 without making any food/using chickens is kind of huge for earlier accounts, for sure. 

Also there are a ton of legos who work just fine with minimal/no books. I think given the context Aleks is one of them. 

Scyl is one of best that doesn't need books. A good pinned topic would be legos that are really good without books. 

Dec 13, 2021, 21:2712/13/21
12/19/19

Drexthar, also. Pretty crazy 2 free legos are 2 of best unbooked. That had to be a mistake by plarium 😆 🤣 

Dec 13, 2021, 21:4212/13/21
Dec 13, 2021, 21:42(edited)
10/15/20
Trips

Drexthar, also. Pretty crazy 2 free legos are 2 of best unbooked. That had to be a mistake by plarium 😆 🤣 

I booked both of them. 🙀

Scyl is a fantastic healer without books, but I want it all and use her as fantastic healer that can also stun enemies. The stun chance is much higher with books.

And Drexthar... I just wanted to increase the chance of his passive to land burn. Spider dungeon made me crazy when most of the Spiderlings had no burn. Maybe not the most efficient way to use lego books, but after a 7/10 multibattle I was in rage in used them on Drex.

Dec 13, 2021, 21:4612/13/21
12/19/19
Skadi

I booked both of them. 🙀

Scyl is a fantastic healer without books, but I want it all and use her as fantastic healer that can also stun enemies. The stun chance is much higher with books.

And Drexthar... I just wanted to increase the chance of his passive to land burn. Spider dungeon made me crazy when most of the Spiderlings had no burn. Maybe not the most efficient way to use lego books, but after a 7/10 multibattle I was in rage in used them on Drex.

Lol @rage book usage

I've only rage opened shards.  Never went well. 

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 13, 2021, 21:4712/13/21
02/24/19
Trips

My mistake personally, Trips, going by the statements from the new folks visiting the last few days.

BUT DON'T YOU WORRY. Next time I will make sure the free leggo champs require 10-12 books per skill. And a secret skill you can only upgrade when you unlock it, possibly through an elaborate quest where you have to ascend 20 other legendaries to 6 first.