All Categories

Message from CMs about recent exploits

Message from CMs about recent exploits

Search
Comments
Dec 15, 2021, 00:4512/15/21
05/22/21
dthorne04

The public statement given is pretty normal and what is expected in situations like this. If your expectations are public lynchings or something similar for players who got the sacreds, then they are incorrect. 

We can be pretty certain Plarium doesn't want this to happen again due to the value of those packs and the optics. 

I'm not asking for "public lynchings", stop exaggerating and why are you always so hard on to defend Plarium? There is plenty of both praise and criticism of how they handle the game, yet every post I have seen from you, you been defending them with all you got. 

Account rollbacks for whoever got the shards should be more than possible and transparency without going into too much details is a great way to show you do care about the game's longevity, perhaps I expected something like that instead of your "public lynchings". 

Dec 15, 2021, 00:5412/15/21
Dec 15, 2021, 00:56(edited)
01/04/20

Lynching may be the wrong term, since I'm pretty sure in this case you and the rest of the mob want to replicate the "illegal" action that was carried out and not illegally punish the exploiters yourselves. 

But saying that you're calling for a public hanging would be correct, you want to see someone punished. You seem to think that it will make you feel better to know that they were punished and how badly. 

That being said, who cares who he supports? He often says he understands both sides of the issue. He is keeping a level head and not letting his emotions make him do things like mock the stance that someone chooses to take on an issue. 

Dec 15, 2021, 01:0612/15/21
Dec 15, 2021, 01:07(edited)
05/22/21

I don't want to get anyone punished to enjoy seeing the sight of them hanging and twisting viciously :)

Seeing mistakes like this and then no actions taken makes me feel like developers don't care about game enough, which in turn makes me feel like it will go same road as plenty of gacha games have.

Honestly, both you and Harlequin seem way less biased than the penguin dude is, which is kind of..weird.

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 15, 2021, 01:0912/15/21
Dec 15, 2021, 01:12(edited)
12/30/20
Aute

I'm not asking for "public lynchings", stop exaggerating and why are you always so hard on to defend Plarium? There is plenty of both praise and criticism of how they handle the game, yet every post I have seen from you, you been defending them with all you got. 

Account rollbacks for whoever got the shards should be more than possible and transparency without going into too much details is a great way to show you do care about the game's longevity, perhaps I expected something like that instead of your "public lynchings". 

I can accept public lynching may have not been the right term to use. I'll change that stance to: if you're expecting public punishments, then that's probably a bridge too far. That's very rarely the norm in these cases. Nonetheless, I think the sensible stance is to want to see that things like this don't happen again, rather than needing to see public punishments. I don't gain anything from that, just like I didn't really lose anything from people who exploited the system.

As for your take on me and what stances I decide to take: you might want to read the thread about today's deterrence nerf. That said, most of the time I think when people take umbrage with things that happen in the game, they overreact, misintepret and make bad faith arguments. 

Dec 15, 2021, 01:2812/15/21
Dec 15, 2021, 01:29(edited)
01/04/20
Aute

I don't want to get anyone punished to enjoy seeing the sight of them hanging and twisting viciously :)

Seeing mistakes like this and then no actions taken makes me feel like developers don't care about game enough, which in turn makes me feel like it will go same road as plenty of gacha games have.

Honestly, both you and Harlequin seem way less biased than the penguin dude is, which is kind of..weird.

I thank you for saying that we seem unbiased. Quinn fights the good fight for all players. She is fully f2p and understands the aches and pains well.I on the other hand am very biased fair minded.. also. 

I have seen D thron ee take every side since he joined the forum. From understanding why Plarium did something and trying to explain it since it may not have been well written in the announcements, to critiquing them when he thinks they did a goof. And in between those two were cases where he was indifferent to whatever may have happened that day or week. I personally think I am far more biased than he is. 

Dec 15, 2021, 01:2812/15/21
05/22/21
dthorne04

I can accept public lynching may have not been the right term to use. I'll change that stance to: if you're expecting public punishments, then that's probably a bridge too far. That's very rarely the norm in these cases. Nonetheless, I think the sensible stance is to want to see that things like this don't happen again, rather than needing to see public punishments. I don't gain anything from that, just like I didn't really lose anything from people who exploited the system.

As for your take on me and what stances I decide to take: you might want to read the thread about today's deterrence nerf. That said, most of the time I think when people take umbrage with things that happen in the game, they overreact, misintepret and make bad faith arguments. 

You keep missing the point, punishment is not a goal there but simply a consequence, when you see screw ups like this happening, it is a like red flag which makes you consider if the game trying to convince you into spending hundreds and thousands for it's virtual goods even qualifies for what it is advertising itself, and then when you see there is no certain statement about how this is going to be handled, it is another red flag, and all it does is makes the game and developers look unprofessional, so how I am incorrect if I expected something more than a general "you bad bad" statement?

Perhaps I had higher expectations for this game since your expectations seem so low if you indeed feel they handled it right, so I'll just stop arguing there.