All Categories

Message from CMs about recent exploits

Message from CMs about recent exploits

Search
Comments
Dec 13, 2021, 09:3812/13/21
01/22/21
harleQuinn

You had to be around the forums during the giveaway. We had the code for the Fayne packaged pinned right to the top of the forums. All you had to do was visit. Limited time offers are just that, limited.

no matter what it was, from that escape / theft / gift, etc. the beauty of the game is gone, and the epic hero from the daily logs starts to be a joke against the players, from 1 epic for sure per month I reached a big crap of weak epic in 2 months, it would have been "nice" to put 1 fragment for this epic :)) 

Dec 13, 2021, 11:1512/13/21
06/20/19
dany77

no matter what it was, from that escape / theft / gift, etc. the beauty of the game is gone, and the epic hero from the daily logs starts to be a joke against the players, from 1 epic for sure per month I reached a big crap of weak epic in 2 months, it would have been "nice" to put 1 fragment for this epic :)) 

I didn't get the 5 shards either, but did get the Fayne package.  Did you get the Fayne package or not that  one either.

Dec 13, 2021, 11:1912/13/21
01/22/21
dthorne04

As has been written all over the place, including in this thread: 

The links/QR codes that resulted in players getting the sacreds, lego book, energy and silver were manipulated and were not codes that were used as intended. These were not gifts, more akin to stealing than something freely given. 

you don't want to understand that no matter what it was, some players benefited and most didn't ... this led to what is seen, many players feel frustrated by this injustice, because neither the shards nor the heroes withdrew after those accounts, in the end I don't think Plarium can even prove that those players had the shards or the heroes or the heroes that came out of those shards. 

Dec 13, 2021, 11:5812/13/21
06/20/19
dany77

you don't want to understand that no matter what it was, some players benefited and most didn't ... this led to what is seen, many players feel frustrated by this injustice, because neither the shards nor the heroes withdrew after those accounts, in the end I don't think Plarium can even prove that those players had the shards or the heroes or the heroes that came out of those shards. 

I don't think it's a question of anyone not wanting to understand what you're saying.  In fact I think almost everyone does understand.  You don't seem to understand that your point is falling on deaf ears b/c it doesn't stand up.

The liquor store down the street from my house got robbed.  Someone benefitted and I didn't.  This is injustice and the liquor store should give me give give me, or we should all boycott the store and it should go out of business.

That does not resonate with most people.

You're response to that is that someone doesn't want to understand you?  You say that no matter the reason (theft) plarium is responsible.  You say plarium should immediatly remove the shards from accounts and the players responsible.  Agreed, but don't you think the liquor store would try to prosecute if they could find the guy and get their property back.

It's not that anyone doesn't want to understand you.  IMO it's that reasonable people are ... understand the argument but find it unreasonable.

Dec 13, 2021, 12:0012/13/21
01/22/21
Angwil

I don't think it's a question of anyone not wanting to understand what you're saying.  In fact I think almost everyone does understand.  You don't seem to understand that your point is falling on deaf ears b/c it doesn't stand up.

The liquor store down the street from my house got robbed.  Someone benefitted and I didn't.  This is injustice and the liquor store should give me give give me, or we should all boycott the store and it should go out of business.

You're response to that is that someone doesn't want to understand you?  You say that no matter the reason (theft) plarium is responsible.  You say plarium should immediatly remove the shards from accounts and the players responsible.  Agreed, but don't you think the liquor store would try to prosecute if they could find the guy and get their property back.

It's not that anyone doesn't want to understand you.  IMO it's that reasonable people are ... understand the argument but find it unreasonable.

Don't you think that those who have financially supported Plarium deserve more than your comments? 

Dec 13, 2021, 12:0912/13/21
Dec 13, 2021, 16:12(edited)
06/20/19
dany77

Don't you think that those who have financially supported Plarium deserve more than your comments? 

First off, like what?  What do they deserve?  5 sacreds?

Second, I did not supply my comments as compensation for everyone who did not get to get in on the theft.

Third, don't you think that those who have financially supported Plarium deserve more than your rant?

Dec 13, 2021, 12:1212/13/21
01/22/21
Angwil

First off, like what?  What do they deserve?  5 sacreds?

Second, I did not supply my comments as compensation for everyone who did not get to get in on the theft.

Third, don't you think that those who have financially supported Plarium deserve more than your rant?

I don't want to give you water at the mill anymore, it's an expression from Romania, it gives 5 sacred shards and with that I finished no matter what you write on this topic 

Dec 13, 2021, 12:1612/13/21
Dec 13, 2021, 16:09(edited)
06/20/19
dany77

I don't want to give you water at the mill anymore, it's an expression from Romania, it gives 5 sacred shards and with that I finished no matter what you write on this topic 

Really? My post just above was a reasoned rational explaination that tried to describe in a serious way why most people, imo, just do not sympathize with your postion.  And your response to me was basically that you weren't interested in any other person's opinions unless it agreed with yours.  Nevertheless, if you are finished, I'm successful.

P.S.  Thanks for the new expression.

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 13, 2021, 15:5612/13/21
12/30/20
dany77

No, I understand just fine. You're just being a bit dramatic, again.

I also understand that other people exploiting a system doesn't also mean I should reap the benefits of exploiting a system. We're not entitled to anything here, including players such as myself who have spent money on the game.

I understand that this is an annoying situation for many players. But you need to relax.

Dec 13, 2021, 15:5812/13/21
01/22/21
dthorne04

No, I understand just fine. You're just being a bit dramatic, again.

I also understand that other people exploiting a system doesn't also mean I should reap the benefits of exploiting a system. We're not entitled to anything here, including players such as myself who have spent money on the game.

I understand that this is an annoying situation for many players. But you need to relax.

and I spent money on it, I'm upset 

Dec 13, 2021, 16:1512/13/21
06/20/19
dany77

and I spent money on it, I'm upset 

I know it's rough.  I try not to go through life being emotianlly attached to things I can't control.  I find that meditation helps with this.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 13, 2021, 17:2312/13/21
02/24/19
Angwil

This is very well said.

If the person in front of me ordered a coffee and ran out without paying, that doesn't mean I should demand the barista give me "free coffee" too. The coffee wasn't free, it was taken.

Dec 13, 2021, 17:3012/13/21
09/11/20

and where is the problem?? ban these players! also would be nice if you could deal with speed hackers , they still continue using that. lol cirilla texted that much, when it comes to answers- silence

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 13, 2021, 17:4112/13/21
02/24/19
CatNorris

and where is the problem?? ban these players! also would be nice if you could deal with speed hackers , they still continue using that. lol cirilla texted that much, when it comes to answers- silence

I do not know what sanctions or actions will be taken against players who used the hacked code. I know that Plarium can do such a thing if they wish.

I ask you though, how does it affect your account personally? Does it make it harder to do Doom Tower? Fight Clan Boss? Hydra? 

Getting Fayne for free SHOULD be a huge deal for most people and most accounts. But, we'd rather riot and talk about silence. This message is from Friday, not weeks ago.

Dec 13, 2021, 18:4912/13/21
06/20/19

How does anyone know they haven't already removed the ill-gotten gains from accounts and banned the hackers?

In both government and the private sector is almost always frowned upon, ususlly against agency/company policy, and quite often illegle to discuss disciplanary actions in non-discrete manner.  Even if it's not against policy/law it opens up the possibility of civil liability.

Usually a simple public statement along the lines of 'we are addressing the issue' is all you will get, and quite frankly all you are entitled to.

I realize this is dealing with customers rather than employees, but the principle would seem to be the same to me.

This whole situaton is obviusly bad for them.  If money is the goal, then I trust Plarium to act in their own best interest and do what ever they can to address this issue, and frankly to do whatever they can to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Dec 14, 2021, 20:0312/14/21
04/02/19

You didn't get something for nothing, neither did I, so what?  You are actually no worse off than you were before.

Would you feel different if a code was put out for limited time use, say 2 hours and you/we didn't get it?

Something we aren't entitled to was available by accident not design, to make a fuss about it smacks of entitlement when there is none

Dec 15, 2021, 00:0812/15/21
Dec 15, 2021, 00:08(edited)
05/22/21
dthorne04

As has been written all over the place, including in this thread: 

The links/QR codes that resulted in players getting the sacreds, lego book, energy and silver were manipulated and were not codes that were used as intended. These were not gifts, more akin to stealing than something freely given. 

So will there be anything at all done about it, apart from the CM message being like

i

I mean thats what, free 200 bucks for people abusing whatever Plarium managed to mess up again?

Just gives more bad reputation for a game I try to enjoy and would love to stick with.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 15, 2021, 00:1012/15/21
02/24/19
Aute

So will there be anything at all done about it, apart from the CM message being like

i

I mean thats what, free 200 bucks for people abusing whatever Plarium managed to mess up again?

Just gives more bad reputation for a game I try to enjoy and would love to stick with.

I think I should quote Angwil here:

Usually a simple public statement along the lines of 'we are addressing the issue' is all you will get... This whole situaton is obviously bad for them.  If money is the goal, then I trust Plarium to act in their own best interest and do what ever they can to address this issue, and frankly to do whatever they can to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Dec 15, 2021, 00:2712/15/21
05/22/21

So basically nothing at all, great.

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 15, 2021, 00:3712/15/21
12/30/20
Aute

So basically nothing at all, great.

The public statement given is pretty normal and what is expected in situations like this. If your expectations are public lynchings or something similar for players who got the sacreds, then they are incorrect. 

We can be pretty certain Plarium doesn't want this to happen again due to the value of those packs and the optics.