All Categories

Hydra Megathread (Please share your teams and strats!)

Hydra Megathread (Please share your teams and strats!)

Search
Comments
Dec 8, 2021, 20:0212/08/21
03/19/20

Im  only  about  two  years  in  this  summer  will  be  2  years  and  ill  Be  honest  it  beat  my  ass  i  mean  crushed  my  team  i  know  the  champs  you  have  play  alot  into  it  as  well  im  just  not  there  with  the  champs  i  have  i  Have  every  type  of  gear  you  can  imagne  but im  just  not  ready  but  ill  come  right  Back  in  a  week  ready  to  crush  or  be  crushed  

Dec 8, 2021, 20:3412/08/21
Dec 8, 2021, 20:36(edited)
10/15/20

One stealing all buffs (of course all of them!) on his A1, without a cooldown, and one head removing debuffs (block buffs debuff on head no. 1).

I have a good idea for a future Hydra head. Head of Great Game Design: whenever an enemy uses a skill, the hp of that enemy drops to zero. That effect irgnores block damage and unkillable buffs and can not be resisted.

Dec 8, 2021, 20:5712/08/21
05/05/19

42M is the max I've seen: Duchess, Trunda, Lady Kimi, Venus, Rotos and Tuhanarak. 

Mine was 19M with the same, swapping Venus and Tuhanarak for Lydia and Roxam

Dec 8, 2021, 21:0112/08/21
06/25/20
Skadi

One stealing all buffs (of course all of them!) on his A1, without a cooldown, and one head removing debuffs (block buffs debuff on head no. 1).

I have a good idea for a future Hydra head. Head of Great Game Design: whenever an enemy uses a skill, the hp of that enemy drops to zero. That effect irgnores block damage and unkillable buffs and can not be resisted.

Yeah. Really not a fan of the design. Pigeonholes us into a very specific set of strategies :/

All the top teams are running Duchess for exactly that reason. AOE Perfect Veil + high resist.

Dec 8, 2021, 21:0312/08/21
03/19/20
Senda

42M is the max I've seen: Duchess, Trunda, Lady Kimi, Venus, Rotos and Tuhanarak. 

Mine was 19M with the same, swapping Venus and Tuhanarak for Lydia and Roxam

i  Need  duchess  so  badly  its  killing  my  team  without  her  im  hydra  

Dec 8, 2021, 21:0512/08/21
03/19/20
kramaswamy.kr

Yeah. Really not a fan of the design. Pigeonholes us into a very specific set of strategies :/

All the top teams are running Duchess for exactly that reason. AOE Perfect Veil + high resist.

I  love  the  desing  but  i  wish  they  made  it  alittle  more  playable  with  people  who  does  not  have  duchess

Dec 8, 2021, 21:2012/08/21
Dec 8, 2021, 21:23(edited)
10/08/17

I am more interested  in how a clan member  of mine got 5 Hydra Keys? I cannot  buy them with gems, so how exactly do you get extra Hydra keys???

(my clan member never responded to my question)

I do personally love that all chests offer a chance at getting fragments for the new Lego 👍

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 8, 2021, 21:4212/08/21
02/24/19
PriestGuardian

I am more interested  in how a clan member  of mine got 5 Hydra Keys? I cannot  buy them with gems, so how exactly do you get extra Hydra keys???

(my clan member never responded to my question)

I do personally love that all chests offer a chance at getting fragments for the new Lego 👍

There was a bug while they were first turning on Hydra that you could attempt a run and it might not charge a key. Looks like it happened for your clan mate.

Dec 8, 2021, 21:4612/08/21
Dec 8, 2021, 21:47(edited)
10/15/20

Most unfair bs in the history of video games. No way to prevent that buffstealing and spreading without 300 res gear on everybody - on 18 champs. Great design that block buffs doesn't do anything because it's removed.

Countered by the head of uninstall. Thank you for nothing.

Dec 8, 2021, 21:4912/08/21
06/25/20
Skadi

Most unfair bs in the history of video games. No way to prevent that buffstealing and spreading without 300 res gear on everybody - on 18 champs. Great design that block buffs doesn't do anything because it's removed.

That's not entirely true. The buff stealer will always target the visible champ with the most buffs. I used Versulf as a way of getting around that - his A1 gives him a shield, which makes him almost always have the most buffs, and he also has like 350 RES, so resists the steal.

That being said - this idea, along with those aforementioned Duchess builds, are likely to get absolutely crushed against the higher-difficulty dungeons :/

Dec 8, 2021, 22:1712/08/21
03/18/20

im enjoying the concept its going to be a lonnnnnngggggggggg time before im end game hydra ready lol but til then will be interesting i guess my saving grace pulling 3 shamaels during the event he was offered when i got my guaranteed serris :)

Dec 8, 2021, 22:2712/08/21
10/08/17
harleQuinn

There was a bug while they were first turning on Hydra that you could attempt a run and it might not charge a key. Looks like it happened for your clan mate.

OK thanks for reply

I tried to buy keys and  not an option then just suspected some kind  of special shop offer celebrating HYDRA , I may of  missed

But it was a bug so I can accept that. Yes a clan member  of  mine used 5 keys today , the rest of us only 3

Dec 8, 2021, 22:3012/08/21
10/15/20
Skadi

Its certainly tough if you do not have key champs, but give it a week or two and options not utilising duchess, shamael etc will come out i imagine.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 8, 2021, 22:3912/08/21
02/24/19
Skadi

I mean, it's day one Skadi. I wasn't expecting to crush the new content day one, were you?

I'm sure we'll see a number of strategies develop over the next couple weeks.

Dec 8, 2021, 23:4512/08/21
06/20/19
Trips

i

Just ran auto.  Tried watching, but over 100 turns i learned very little. I had no clue what was going on.  Duchess actually died first but came back... I don't have any strategy yet and really doubt we will learn much on the easy level.  Like DT, nothing that works on easy will translate to hard.

What I did notice:

Ninja was good. But I don't even understand Ninja kit, let alone hydra...lol

Doompriest clearing fears is good 

A high resistance Duchess just always seems like a good choice 

Draco, Astralon, skullcrown useless

Thinking inquisitor dude maybe?

Duchess and Inquisitor on different teams.  

Head of Torment default can place a fear on one enemy, then attack all enemies with a fear/true fear.  Has an AoE that increases damage the more debuffs you are under. Places an unblockable, irresistible True Fear on anyone that attacks it unless they have a Perfect Veil active.  

To avoid the unblockable irresistible True Fear you need Perfect Veil provided by Duchess or maybe Rector.  Shamael on the other hand instantaneously removes any Fear/True Fear as it's placed.  Or you need someone to remove the debuffs, e.g. Doompriest.

I haven't tried it yet b/c I need masteries/gear on a few other champs first.

Dec 9, 2021, 00:0412/09/21
Dec 9, 2021, 00:05(edited)
01/04/20

I have a rector, that team did the worst for me. My fault for letting the key finish and not making adjustments. 

My next two runs were much better without a perfect veil. 

-----------------------------------------------

Second team used a 

speed lead - Anyone 

AOE poisoner and in this case def down - Tomb Lord 

single target cleanser (meh) & BUFF STRIPPER - Sethalia

shielder - Brogni. 

DPS - Rotos & Septimus.

‐--------------------------------------------------

Third team was 

Speed lead - Fu shan 

Aoe def down / dps - Hurndig 

Cleanser - Doompriest 

Shielder - Nekhret (died way too easily without a healer of course)

Dps - I guess Tyrant Ixlimor counts

BUFF STRIPPER - Kymar.

This team did better than either of the first two teams. Probably because of Doompriest.

---------------------------------------

Since I was an idiot and let my keys finish... next week I will try the following first.

Spead lead - Fu shan

Def down/poisons - Tomb Lord 

BUFF STRIPPER - Sethalia

Cleanser - Doompriest

Shielder - Brogni 

Final DPS - Rotos or Septimus.

I think with a Doompriest and a BUFF STRIPPER any team without perfect veil can go quite a bit further than they would have otherwise. 

Dec 9, 2021, 02:1012/09/21
12/19/19
harleQuinn

I mean, it's day one Skadi. I wasn't expecting to crush the new content day one, were you?

I'm sure we'll see a number of strategies develop over the next couple weeks.

No, we need full auto solutions today please. Get on it Q!

I think what we have is true end game content here.  I am late game and expect to struggle mightily, I fin  

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 9, 2021, 06:0812/09/21
02/24/19
Trips

No, we need full auto solutions today please. Get on it Q!

I think what we have is true end game content here.  I am late game and expect to struggle mightily, I fin  

All on me, hmm? 0_0

i

Dec 9, 2021, 08:4212/09/21
01/07/21

I don't have Shamael but it would be possible to create a mastery loop with a 20% chance of counterattacking when an enemy places a fear debuff. I said that I said nothing 

Dec 9, 2021, 13:2212/09/21
09/24/21

Shamael is god teir for Hydra, no doubt about it!

Healing decreases Max HP and AOE's have reduced damage.  Single target nukers work well