All Categories

GET LOUD FOR 5*CHICKEN AND SACRED SHARD! WE WANT IT BACK, PLARIUM !!!

GET LOUD FOR 5*CHICKEN AND SACRED SHARD! WE WANT IT BACK, PLARIUM !!!

Search
Comments
Dec 4, 2021, 09:3712/04/21
02/08/20

Even though a majority of players will disagree with me, but I found the initial change of 270+ day login rewards not bad. Getting a useful and unique legendary instead of 4 sacred shards and 4 five star chickens is better in my opinion. 

The loss of chicken was for me never a loss. I regular particapte in fusions and therefore I have normaly an abundance of food champions anyway. Due to the limit storage size and tournament requirements I have to level them anyway. On the other hand the loss of sacred shard was painful and had negative consequences for my particpation ability in summon rush tournaments. 

After reading Scion kit again and again I still do not find any value in him. Honestly, for me this he is as bad as Yaga the Insatiable and he is the worst of all free login champion in my opinion.  For me it is a slap in the face to get a very bad epic after 450 days. I leveled some non-meta champions, because they have a value for me, but Scion's kit is really terrible. In my opinion almost all epic champion can be usefull, but some are really bad. Unfortunately Scion is one of the really bad ones.

In this particular case getting a terrible epic champion instead of 2 5 star chickens and 2 sacred shard is a very bad deal. I understand that we will not get an overpowered champion via the login rewards, but I expected that we get a useful one like Dark Elhain, Grush the Mangler, Visix the Unbowed, Scyl of the Drakes or Cleopterix.

Why did Plarium choose this weak epic champion? I understand they do not want to provide 5 star chickens and sacred shards without doing stuff in the game. These are valuable items so I understand their argument. 

If they do not have a useful login champion for us than it would have been a possibility to provide us a XP barrel and a feast via those login rewards. Everybody, who has approached midgame and beyond knows how many champions you have to level up to beat certain content in the game (e.g. secret rooms, faction wars, etc). 

As Christmas is approaching I hope Plarium improves the kit of Scion, so that he is at least useful (currently he is not) or we get some different rewards like XP barrel, feast or as other people proposed life tokens or the sacred shard and the 5 star chicken instead of this epic.

Dec 4, 2021, 19:1612/04/21
02/13/21
Trips

Would you trade Ninja, S1mple, Yannica, Cleo for the "stolen" login rewards from the last few months?

Sure more free stuff is always great, but everyone looks at the login rewards in a vacuum.  The bigger picture is completely lost on almost everyone (not saying you specifically Evil -- thought that was needed as I quoted you, and too lazy to unquote and retype lol). 

I'm not sure I follow this argument

Are you suggesting that the Ninja/S1mple free lego was only given because of the removal of the sacred and chicken?  If so, do you have any sources that back this up, because I 100% believe they would have still done these regardless.  The goal of Ninja/S1mple was to target audience for other games and bring them to raid, and Plarium spent a lot of money in executing these.

Yannica I also believe would have been introduced regardless of the chicken/sacred decision.  They had to provide some sort of reward in the clan gold shop.  Still, I'd be fine if this was removed as Yannica isn't changing anyones accounts.  I'd also be fine with Cleo being removed.  

Dec 4, 2021, 20:5612/04/21
12/19/19
RoseRoyal

I'm not sure I follow this argument

Are you suggesting that the Ninja/S1mple free lego was only given because of the removal of the sacred and chicken?  If so, do you have any sources that back this up, because I 100% believe they would have still done these regardless.  The goal of Ninja/S1mple was to target audience for other games and bring them to raid, and Plarium spent a lot of money in executing these.

Yannica I also believe would have been introduced regardless of the chicken/sacred decision.  They had to provide some sort of reward in the clan gold shop.  Still, I'd be fine if this was removed as Yannica isn't changing anyones accounts.  I'd also be fine with Cleo being removed.  

No, they were removed because other free items were put in place.

This is how intelligent business is run.  They put in free legos to attract new customers, you are correct. But because they also gave them to all existing players, they removed something else.

The clan shop is just another shift to giving away free stuff for activity/engagement not just logging in.

Everything they do is $$$ driven of course, so the f2p crowd getting loud over this is falling on deaf ears. 

Dec 4, 2021, 22:2612/04/21
04/22/21

They give you Visix and 2 sacred all in the same month. I don't see why they can't give fragments and shards after playing this game for a year. They should change the fragments so you can use them on any champ you can use fragments for.

Dec 4, 2021, 22:4412/04/21
Dec 4, 2021, 22:45(edited)
02/13/21
Trips

This is how intelligent business is run.  They put in free legos to attract new customers, you are correct. But because they also gave them to all existing players, they removed something else.

The clan shop is just another shift to giving away free stuff for activity/engagement not just logging in.

Everything they do is $$$ driven of course, so the f2p crowd getting loud over this is falling on deaf ears. 

100% is was a business move to remove the chicken and shards from the daily logins, despite the rhetoric saying that it was to introduce players to new champion meta (remember, that was their official stance).  They were removed because Plarium saw a chance to improve sales of shards and chickens, not because they were going to offer free legendaries through other means.  

For people to participate in summon rush or fragment/fusion events, they need shards.  By reducing the access to free shards, they increase the likilhood of someone buying them, driven around promotion of large events with their rewards.  Additionally, they have always sold chickens but because people got 2 a month for free there wasn't value in them.  Now that there are 50% less there they are hoping it will change, and it likely has

The above is a targeted business strategy towards long term players, and the goal of the 271+ day rewards was to keep player retention.  I remember reading somewhere (I think it might have been one of Cirilla comments) that they had done metrics around how long the average player remains with the game, and this reward cycle is key to that.

Unrelated to that, there is a separate business strategy for Plarium to drive new player growth by offering one time legendaries for a couple of months.  This is by targeting player bases of other games and utilizing popular figureheads in those areas.  

These are 2 different strategies

Dec 5, 2021, 00:3112/05/21
10/15/20
Trips

Would you trade Ninja, S1mple, Yannica, Cleo for the "stolen" login rewards from the last few months?

Sure more free stuff is always great, but everyone looks at the login rewards in a vacuum.  The bigger picture is completely lost on almost everyone (not saying you specifically Evil -- thought that was needed as I quoted you, and too lazy to unquote and retype lol). 

For me, yes i would rather have shards and chickens, ninja is a decent champ but i dont use him (to be fair i probably should) - yannica i have not bothered getting frags for, and cleo will be an FW only champ (skinwalkers are to be fair the last faction i havent completed). S1mple will stay in my vault forever.

I know you consider sacreds over valued and i get that. I dont personally see any value in a champ, free or not unless i will actually lose them somewhere.

I do think people moan a lot, just got to be honest, for me personally i would prefer chickens and shards

Dec 5, 2021, 15:4112/05/21
12/19/19
trevor.wilson

For me, yes i would rather have shards and chickens, ninja is a decent champ but i dont use him (to be fair i probably should) - yannica i have not bothered getting frags for, and cleo will be an FW only champ (skinwalkers are to be fair the last faction i havent completed). S1mple will stay in my vault forever.

I know you consider sacreds over valued and i get that. I dont personally see any value in a champ, free or not unless i will actually lose them somewhere.

I do think people moan a lot, just got to be honest, for me personally i would prefer chickens and shards

Lol.... so 3 legos that would help you.  

Ninja, absolutely for DT at least

Yannica, Tag 

Cleo, for the toughest faction and get Lydia 

And as for S1mple, too early to have an opinion. 

So even someone who clearly is better off with the changes wants the shard...

Pass the crack pipe :)

Dec 5, 2021, 16:0112/05/21
02/14/21

Your math seems off to me

Ninja and S1mple both would have been offered even if the chickens and shards were still in the dailies as they are PROMO LEGOS to get a new audience to play.

Yannica is offered in the clan store as they had to offer something of value or no one would care about the clan store ( not sure any on does care but sounds good 😀)

So that leaves Cleo 1 Lego that replaces 4 shards and 4 5* chickens.

While I understand that long term players may not need or care about the shards or chicken, as i newer player it sucks losing these resources which helped greatly durning fusion events. It really sucks that next they are having it be an epic that you have to wait 4 months to get and from all accounts a really bad epic that will be food.

Oh well I do not think it matters how much we complain they will not be coming back.

Dec 5, 2021, 19:4512/05/21
12/19/19

Smh... I give up.  All of the additions to the game are the reason they SHOULD and did nerf login rewards... 

My math is spot on, unfortunately anything beyond simple addition will be lost on this crowd.

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 5, 2021, 20:0512/05/21
12/30/20
Trips

Smh... I give up.  All of the additions to the game are the reason they SHOULD and did nerf login rewards... 

My math is spot on, unfortunately anything beyond simple addition will be lost on this crowd.

I for one appreciate your ability to understand the context of it. 

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 5, 2021, 20:3212/05/21
02/24/19
dthorne04

I for one appreciate your ability to understand the context of it. 

I don't. Trips is a THORN IN MY SIDE!

Lets riot. Trips you in?

(J/K, no riots. Especially not from Trips! I'm WATCHING YOU TRIPS. XD XD )

Dec 5, 2021, 21:1512/05/21
Dec 5, 2021, 21:17(edited)
10/15/20
Trips

Lol.... so 3 legos that would help you.  

Ninja, absolutely for DT at least

Yannica, Tag 

Cleo, for the toughest faction and get Lydia 

And as for S1mple, too early to have an opinion. 

So even someone who clearly is better off with the changes wants the shard...

Pass the crack pipe :)

The only one i will level is cleo, since i havent finished that FW.

I have more champions waiting to be levelled than i have resources, so i want chickens.

I also want the chance at game changing champs such as valk.

It is not like you to be so agressive about this, i dont start posts along the lines of 'omg i hate the game'? For a very long time my biggest issue with this game is the time it takes to do things.

I just expressed a preference and was honest about it.

Dec 5, 2021, 22:0912/05/21
02/14/21

Sorry Trips

I did not understand that your veiw was that these free Legos are the reason they removed them from the daliy log ins.

Shrug then as I am with Tervor I would rather have a chance at a game changer then so so freebies , yes i know Ninja is awesome but the other 3 are so so.

Dec 6, 2021, 01:2912/06/21
12/19/19

No need for anyone to apologize to me, lol.  I thought I put a smiley in my post.  Where I still think shards are way overvalued:) 😃  I think people just enjoy opening them, like you said for the chance... a virtual Xmas every sacred lol. 

It would be awfully boring without different perspectives on things.

Dec 6, 2021, 01:5212/06/21
10/30/21

Definetly  want  the  shard  and  chicken .  Both  resources,  being  steady,  help  with  tournaments  AND  events.  This  is  the  reason  they  took  them  away.  They  dont  want  us  having  these  resources  to  use  in  events  and  tournies,  they  want  us  to  SPEND  SPEND  SPEND.  I  mean  they  know  how  long  it  would  take  for. F2P  to  save  enough  shards  to  get  the  last  item  from  an  event  or  tournament.  Every  shard,  chicken,  book,  gems,  silver  they  take  away,  they  know  what  they  are  doing.  All  they  want  is  for  you  to  spend  your  money.  EBITA  is  the  bottom  line.

The  shallow  'reasons'  they  are  changing  these  things  is  so  see  through  its  laughable.  

No  one  a  year+  Into  the  game  needs  cleo  or  scion  to  clear  some  content.  Its  really  a  joke.

Dec 6, 2021, 01:5312/06/21
11/29/20
Trips

No need for anyone to apologize to me, lol.  I thought I put a smiley in my post.  Where I still think shards are way overvalued:) 😃  I think people just enjoy opening them, like you said for the chance... a virtual Xmas every sacred lol. 

It would be awfully boring without different perspectives on things.

The big loss with the shards is the summon rush points for fusions in my opinion, not necessarily the champ you pull or dont pull.

Someone else pointed out that even if you pull all epics from your shards, it gets you closer to mercy, so it was still worth it to them.

The very least they could do is give this epic a massive buff.

Dec 6, 2021, 04:1612/06/21
Trips

"They put in free legos to attract new customers" such as Cleo isn't  ??? Over chickens and shards.

New customers who playing more then 1,5 years. Thats really new customers. LOL

Dec 6, 2021, 04:3812/06/21
10/11/20

Either speak with your wallet - or not at all. 

All else is folly. 

Dec 6, 2021, 06:2712/06/21
Dec 6, 2021, 08:08(edited)
08/18/21

I  just  hopped  on  the  forums  to  check  for  a  promo  code  and  also  make  a  post  about  rank  five  chickens!  i  saw   this  after  posting !  

i  love  getting   new  champions  and  always  looking  to  mess  around  and  max  stuff  out  to  experiment  with,  however  even  as  a  pay  to  play  person  the  process  of  making  a  single  six  star  character  is  such  a  drain.  The  feeling  you  get  when  grabbing  ONE  five  star  chicken  is  like ......  holy poopies!  That  just  saved  me  a  nights  grind !

Edited by moderator - Harbs. 

No swears, even veiled

Dec 6, 2021, 08:1812/06/21
04/02/19

If they had even given another so-so Legendary (for most players Cleo will sit in the vault in the hope of a buff) they might have avoided this player revolt

But they didn't, they have put in a useless epic and tried to justify it, however we're not stupid and their reasons are laughable, as many have posted,  I agree, removal of shards and chickens is purely to increase player spend