All Categories

Plarium screwing the f2p players Part 2: The dupe system.

Plarium screwing the f2p players Part 2: The dupe system.

Search
Comments
Nov 22, 2021, 21:3711/22/21
10/15/20
kramaswamy.kr

The downside is that you can't use the same six champions for each of the three keys. You need to build an entire set of fully-geared champs for each key, and you'll need to build even more for different affinities.

I guess, that is exactly what Plarium wants to achieve with the Hydra. Once you have done all content, there is no need to build new champs anymore - and that stands for no need to use shards anymore. Players building new champs are players buying shards and books. 

I don't think that is bad. It keeps the game alive. I just hope, they don't exaggerate and we can use some of the champs that are good at CB or dungeons as basis for the teams. Building some new champs in addition to our existing teams to clear new content is ok. Building 18 new champs, because no strategy from CB or other bosses works vs. Hydra would be to much.

Nov 23, 2021, 01:3111/23/21
11/16/20
kramaswamy.kr

The downside is that you can't use the same six champions for each of the three keys. You need to build an entire set of fully-geared champs for each key, and you'll need to build even more for different affinities.

Idk but I kind of like that you will need a lot of champions. I'm always leveling up champions even though I won't use them much if at all. Or older champions I've used and replaced in comps.

This gives a new goal and something large to work for on a long run. I don't know anything about the mechanics of the fight but probably could field 3 different teams, having good enough gear on all 3 teams is another story. I think this will give a lot of the playerbase something to work towards on overall account progression. It won't be fast so it keeps you with something to always be working toward.

Nov 23, 2021, 03:4811/23/21
11/29/20
kramaswamy.kr

I see it as end game content for people who already have 1 key UNM CB teams and have already beaten doom tower hard, and maybe they've even beat the secret rooms.

Won't really be my concern for awhile, but once you get through FW, you should have more than enough champs ready to go.

I know plarium is against speeding up the game, but if they could throw us a bone and give us 10x speed for CB at the very least, would be very much appreciated with the new content being added.

Nov 23, 2021, 08:4411/23/21
Nov 23, 2021, 09:33(edited)
07/04/20
L9753

You do realize that moderators don't work for Plarium and are just volunteers, right? 

Who asigned moderators the "job", Plarium or an indipendent authority? Can Plarium remove them and assign the "job" to someone else? 

Nov 23, 2021, 08:5011/23/21
07/04/20
harleQuinn

Also, once again Clouseau, there is absilutely no need to personally attack the Community Managers delivering the update news, nor the moderator team.

You want to disagree on a release or feature? Go ahead. I'd love to hear your thoughts, as would the CMs. We try very hard to listen to player feedback on the forums.

But personally attacking the interviewees, CMs, or even just the people talking to you on this forum? That needs to stop.

You have things very confused. Calling a liar someone that lies is not personal attack , it's the truth.

And because this is an unknown word for you and everyone that works for Plarium(even if he is "volunteer" as you like to call yourselves) here are some dictionary links so that you don't need to google it.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/truth

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/truth

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/truth

You welcome! 

Nov 23, 2021, 08:5511/23/21
04/02/19

The downside is this isn't a power creep, it's a full blown power bomb - having trouble with one Arbiter in the arena?  Whales have multiple Arbiters, so now the 'one' Arbiter can have massively improved  stats equiped with the new artifacts.

The Dupe system?  isn't a dupe system it's trade, and it looks like its going to be about six of ours for one of theirs - that isn't a dupe system it's a whale market, ftp won't have many dupes, whales self proclaimed can have 50+ dupes, so they can trade and also upgrade their base stats with other dupes

Plarium 'We don't want to bring in super legendaries'

Plarium  'In this update we're bringing in a way to make super legendaries'

The Hydra is the big sell, it's to hide the rest of the update, it's what politicians do, release bad news on a day like the budget so it gets lost with the budget talk

Nov 23, 2021, 10:5811/23/21
07/04/20

Far less f2p friendly. It's quite user friendly for whales. 

Nov 23, 2021, 11:1811/23/21
Nov 23, 2021, 11:21(edited)
07/04/20
harleQuinn

I think this is excellent for newer players. Making your rares better is great! Getting to dungeon 20s will be a lot easier with better Kaels, Athels and Apothecaries. 

I can even see using your dupe Login Champs to make your epics better. I know pulling a second High Khatun on an early acct has just been a chicken before, but now you have something more you can do with it. More options are good.

A "volunteer" moderator in Plarium forums showing his "exemplary neutrality", expressing his opinion and not his boss' opinion. Yeah , sure , and I am the Pope. 

Of course you conveniently ignore the long term loss or you are obviously incapable to see a few months ahead(I'm absolutely sure it's the first one , Plarium didn't randomly picked you guys , they are not stupid). 

So let me tell you. Players will be forced to keep almost ALL their useless legos since the trading prices are so high that hardly any of them will have the chance to get a decent lego. Even if they manage eventually to get one , Plarium has secured that to get to this point you have to be constantly unlucky for months and pull several  useless legos OVER A NUMBER OF THOUSAND PULLS. If, and only if  that happens, you can get a useful one. And you think that will help the players Mr Neutral Volunteer Moderator! Yeah sure it will!  

So a slightly higher powered apothecary which in turn means  MAYBE a few seconds faster Dragon 13 runs and maybe getting to Dragon14 a week earlier, in exchange for keeping in your vault any useless lego you will get the next years with void, sacred shards and ancient shards. Oh my God!!! That is so nice of you!!! Where can I send a "thank you" card?