All Categories

Plarium screwing the f2p players Part 2: The dupe system.

Search
Nov 22, 2021, 16:1111/22/21
07/04/20

I said this from the first minute. Plarium never wanted a solution in the dupe problem. Cirilla's interview with Ash proved it. When Ash asked how many life tokens will the legos cost , Cirilla avoided the answer and mentioned twice that they are giving us 3 ways to take advantage for our dupes.

Now that we know all details of the dupe system we very well understand  that the dupe system screws even more f2p players and favours, not just whales , but mega whales. Sir Nicholas will cost 8 dupe legos!!!

What does f2p players get with the dupe system? Close to nothing. They have to keep their useless legos and give them a slight bonus by assigning them as guardians. What does that mean? A few seconds faster runs in dragon or spider(even that is not even certain) maybe slightly faster runs in doom tower (again not certain) and that's all.

Practically , dupe system solves absolutely no problem while it maintains the existing one and makes them even bigger. The gap between mega whales and f2p becomes even bigger. Even the gap of mega whales and whales becomes even bigger.

Yes , I know they would do that and partly I even understand it.  What I don't undersrand is the sweet look of Cirilla when she was saying that they care about players and they try to help ALL players with the dupe system. She has become an expert in deceit. I'm sure a great career in politics awaits her if she ever decides.

Feel free to delete it and I am sure the good and helpful moderators will want to. It will be in reddit too and you can't delete it there.

p.s.And for those that think I am the only one believing that , take a look here: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/RaidShadowLegends/comments/qy3xm8/rip_raid_shadow_legends_20192021/

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 22, 2021, 16:1611/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 16:17(edited)
01/04/20

We don't delete negative opinions as long as there are no insults, false information, or raging. Disagreeing and arguing is allowed so long as it remains mostly respectful. Oh, and we also have Reddit moderators in case you were wondering 🙂

Nov 22, 2021, 16:2911/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 16:30(edited)
07/04/20
Harbby

We don't delete negative opinions as long as there are no insults, false information, or raging. Disagreeing and arguing is allowed so long as it remains mostly respectful. Oh, and we also have Reddit moderators in case you were wondering 🙂

So you are saying that Plarium decides what posts will be deleted in reddit? You show your true face. Keep it up!!!

Nov 22, 2021, 16:5711/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 16:57(edited)
01/04/20
SirPoopTheIII

So you are saying that Plarium decides what posts will be deleted in reddit? You show your true face. Keep it up!!!

I'm saying that as long as you are respectful your posts won't get deleted? I literally said that in my comment. 

Nov 22, 2021, 17:1211/22/21
04/14/20
SirPoopTheIII

You do realize that moderators don't work for Plarium and are just volunteers, right? 

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 22, 2021, 17:1711/22/21
12/30/20

Raid (and every other gacha game) has always favored spenders over non spenders. This is nothing new.

I find it odd that you're so certain of the effects the dupe system will have with regards to whales/spenders vs. F2P/nonspenders, but are not certain about the effects it will have for dungeon runs, doom tower, etc. Anyone that's been playing for any sizable amount of time and has kept epic dupes, for example will be able to either relax gear requirements for certain content, or hit higher thresholds, depending on what they're playing.

In the end there's zero harm in taking a wait & see approach here, and there's certainly no need to be insulting/rude and try to make yourself out to be a martyr by telling the mods to delete your post. Get your points across without being rude. If the points you're trying to make are valid and well reasoned, you can get them across without the other garbage.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 22, 2021, 18:0511/22/21
02/24/19

Also, once again Clouseau, there is absilutely no need to personally attack the Community Managers delivering the update news, nor the moderator team.

You want to disagree on a release or feature? Go ahead. I'd love to hear your thoughts, as would the CMs. We try very hard to listen to player feedback on the forums.

But personally attacking the interviewees, CMs, or even just the people talking to you on this forum? That needs to stop.

Nov 22, 2021, 18:1411/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 18:17(edited)
01/04/20
harleQuinn

Also, once again Clouseau, there is absilutely no need to personally attack the Community Managers delivering the update news, nor the moderator team.

You want to disagree on a release or feature? Go ahead. I'd love to hear your thoughts, as would the CMs. We try very hard to listen to player feedback on the forums.

But personally attacking the interviewees, CMs, or even just the people talking to you on this forum? That needs to stop.

Well said as always, thank you. I noticed the comments about Cirilla, but wanted to make it clear that he was free to express his opinions in a respectful way. 

Nov 22, 2021, 18:1711/22/21
04/02/19
dthorne04

Raid (and every other gacha game) has always favored spenders over non spenders. This is nothing new.

I find it odd that you're so certain of the effects the dupe system will have with regards to whales/spenders vs. F2P/nonspenders, but are not certain about the effects it will have for dungeon runs, doom tower, etc. Anyone that's been playing for any sizable amount of time and has kept epic dupes, for example will be able to either relax gear requirements for certain content, or hit higher thresholds, depending on what they're playing.

In the end there's zero harm in taking a wait & see approach here, and there's certainly no need to be insulting/rude and try to make yourself out to be a martyr by telling the mods to delete your post. Get your points across without being rude. If the points you're trying to make are valid and well reasoned, you can get them across without the other garbage.

You're correct about gacha games - though quite a few went to far and shot themselves in the foot - imo this is the direction Plarium is taking Raid, there are a few reasonable additions but in the main it's about making a players base stronger, dupes increasing base stats, a nice example here Dupe Upgrades   which shows just how much (if you have the dupes of course).

This won't affect a lot of the player base, but this aligned with the new (and overpowered) gear will probably have a detrimental effect on the classic arena, and more pertinantly to players in the additional progress missions stuck trying to get from S4 to G1 will find even more of a block

Nov 22, 2021, 18:2911/22/21
05/13/19

Is  the  OP  spreading  false  information or  will  Sir  Nicholas really  cost  8  dupes?  

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 22, 2021, 18:5011/22/21
12/30/20
forrestleigh

You're correct about gacha games - though quite a few went to far and shot themselves in the foot - imo this is the direction Plarium is taking Raid, there are a few reasonable additions but in the main it's about making a players base stronger, dupes increasing base stats, a nice example here Dupe Upgrades   which shows just how much (if you have the dupes of course).

This won't affect a lot of the player base, but this aligned with the new (and overpowered) gear will probably have a detrimental effect on the classic arena, and more pertinantly to players in the additional progress missions stuck trying to get from S4 to G1 will find even more of a block

I would guess this will negatively affect a significantly smaller portion of the player base than most think. I also think this will help a lot more players than it harms. 

But like I said, I'd like to see how this plays out first. 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 22, 2021, 18:5411/22/21
02/24/19
dthorne04

I would guess this will negatively affect a significantly smaller portion of the player base than most think. I also think this will help a lot more players than it harms. 

But like I said, I'd like to see how this plays out first. 

I think this is excellent for newer players. Making your rares better is great! Getting to dungeon 20s will be a lot easier with better Kaels, Athels and Apothecaries. 

I can even see using your dupe Login Champs to make your epics better. I know pulling a second High Khatun on an early acct has just been a chicken before, but now you have something more you can do with it. More options are good.

Nov 22, 2021, 19:0311/22/21
06/25/20

The only part of the update which I have a problem with, is the hydra key mechanic part. And unfortunately, I *do* think it will just kill this game completely.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 22, 2021, 19:3411/22/21
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

The only part of the update which I have a problem with, is the hydra key mechanic part. And unfortunately, I *do* think it will just kill this game completely.

Why do you think that? 

For me, I am glad I dont have to hit BOTH clan bosses every day. I really don't have that kind of time. I'm already over the limit of the amount of time I can spend. :(

Nov 22, 2021, 19:3611/22/21
06/25/20
harleQuinn

Why do you think that? 

For me, I am glad I dont have to hit BOTH clan bosses every day. I really don't have that kind of time. I'm already over the limit of the amount of time I can spend. :(

Because FTP players don't have the resources to be able to create three different teams of six champs, to be able to make use of the three keys per week that we get.

Nov 22, 2021, 19:5411/22/21
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

What is the Hydra mechanic?  And is a link available to exactly what is being discussed.  LOL, I missed it all...

Nov 22, 2021, 20:0111/22/21
06/25/20
Trips

What is the Hydra mechanic?  And is a link available to exactly what is being discussed.  LOL, I missed it all...

Hellhades has a synopsis on his site (https://hellhades.com/whats-next-in-raid-november-2021-2/)

The specific paragraphs of relevance:

"Hydra will be a second Clan Boss added in addition to the Demon Lord we all know and love. The Hydra, like the Demon Lord, will be unkillable, and the whole point of the fight is to stay alive for as many turns as you can and do as much damage as possible whilst staying alive. Like the current Clan Boss, The Hydra will be taken on by a Clan to earn rewards, however, unlike the Demon Lord, the Hydra will be on a weekly reset with a total of 3 keys per player per reset."

"You will take 6 of your Champions into battle against the 4 Hydra Heads, however, each team can only be used for one of the 3 Hydra keys per week, and you cannot reuse Champions in teams meaning you will need 3 completely unique 6 Champion teams, but be warned every month the script may well be flipped."

So, tl;dr - not only will you need eighteen champs for a specific month, the champs may need to be different in subsequent months due to affinity changes.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 22, 2021, 20:3111/22/21
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Because FTP players don't have the resources to be able to create three different teams of six champs, to be able to make use of the three keys per week that we get.

That is gonna be tougher, yeah. I've moved into the part of the game where I have enough 

I think I'm definitely gonna be moving my best gear around, while not being able to touch my current CB team stuff. This is gonna put a new pressure on my account, for top line gear, for 60s, etc....

Nov 22, 2021, 20:5811/22/21
12/19/19

Thanks for info Kram, I still have no clue exactly how it works but I like only 3 keys per week instead of another 21!  

And nothing changed with regular CB, correct?  So not sure why there is any fuss?  

New content - good

Only have to do 3x per week -- really good

doesn't impact CB rewards -- really good

Where is the downside?

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 22, 2021, 21:0011/22/21
02/24/19
Trips

Thanks for info Kram, I still have no clue exactly how it works but I like only 3 keys per week instead of another 21!  

And nothing changed with regular CB, correct?  So not sure why there is any fuss?  

New content - good

Where is the downside?

I don't see it as downside. Just more to build and do. It's gonna push my roster though, and I think it's pushing Krama's much more than mine.

Nov 22, 2021, 21:1811/22/21
06/25/20
Trips

New content - good

Where is the downside?

The downside is that you can't use the same six champions for each of the three keys. You need to build an entire set of fully-geared champs for each key, and you'll need to build even more for different affinities.