All Categories

Advanced quests: silver keys

Advanced quests: silver keys

Search
Comments
Mar 20, 2021, 13:1203/20/21
09/29/20
raistlinpharm

Third  day  in  a  row  with  this  quest.    Tried  for  15  minutes  to  get  past  level  7  of  doom  tower.    Still  failing.    Kael  60,  rel  tend  50,  tyrnat  60,  gorbab 50.    Tried  a  bunch  of  combinations  with  other  units.    Nothing  worked.

No  need  for  this  level  of  frustration  for  a  daily  quest.    Again,  please  consider  removing  this  quest  From  the  roster.   

Also  this  community  doesnt  seem  to  care  about  new  players.    instead  of  a  try  This  team  we  gwt  omg  people  are  slow.    Sad  really.    was  a  good  game.  

Then you are doing something really really wrong with the way you are building these champs.

i

Just some random gear on these champs, no 6-star or lego pieces.

Mar 20, 2021, 14:4203/20/21
01/17/21

@skadi.    Tried  it  with  heoes  as  close  to  yours  as  i  have.    Still  cant  clear  floor  seven  doom  tower.    War  maiden  50 ,  kael  60,  rel  ten  50,  and  gorgorab  60.    

thanks  to  everyone  for  your  support  and  suggestions.    Nice  to  see  some  of  the  community  has  Constructive  criticism.    

honestly  i  feel  like  the  shut  up  and  grind  comment  came  directly  from  Plarium  lol.    Good  luck  to  those  in  my  boat  that  cant  clear  tower...  spend  or  shut  up  and  grind  :s

Mar 21, 2021, 00:4803/21/21
03/17/20

Ill re-comment. I have the ability to clear this quest. I commented as a whale as well. I've spent money to get ahead like a few people have.... 

but an entry level account will never be able to accomplish this. They will be stuck without the rewards they need to progress at a needed rate because this game is exactly that.. a Grind fest. 

It should not be. lol.  Energy, in its own right, is useless. All it does is bar people from playing.. This concept started in times like early Facebook games.. Farmville/Mafia Wars. It's just something developers do so people feel like they can come back later. ( Also apparently a detterent to addication, which is absolutely incorrect lmao ) 

It doesnt last long. People stop coming back when they find something they can do for longer. That's just going to happen. 

So, when you make the game hard just to make it hard... You are basically saying, "We dont care. Give us Money." 

Im certain by now thats a broken record expression in these forums.

- So to end this with a proper conclusion, even whales and paying players think these changes are absolute garbage. And Plarium sincerely needs to re-consider time-gating and walling. 

All it does is diminish your player base. And get you bad reviews as a developer. LOL

Mar 22, 2021, 03:5703/22/21
01/17/21

Finally  cleared  level  7  doom  tower.    After  that  floor  cleared  everything  to  21  without  a  loss.    

to  those   who  offered  constructive feedback,  thank  you.    I  used  your  advice  to  change  my  team  several  tines  to  try  and  past  the  blanket  heal  reductions  in  the  wave,  which  was  really  tough  as  i  didnt  have  a  hero  to  deal  with  it.  

my  builds  for  my  heroes  worked  on  evey  floor  since  but  the  complete  loss  of  healing  on  floor  7  was  rough.

I  still  feel  that  using  silver  keys  doesnt  need  to  be  a  daily  quest  and  there  are  many  other  better  options.   more  creative  ones  that  would  be  a  much  more  enjoyable  option  to  players.    

Mar 22, 2021, 05:3003/22/21
10/09/20

I tried attacking the same dungeon twice but it did not help. the keys are not getting used up. this stops me from getting one energy refill. we do not get that many refills as it is

Mar 22, 2021, 10:3303/22/21
03/11/21
Lxzy

The quickest way to go about this would be just doing the first boss on Normal 5 times on multi-battle. 

can we hit the first boss 5 times every day?

Mar 22, 2021, 10:4603/22/21
10/15/20
DakshinKali

I tried attacking the same dungeon twice but it did not help. the keys are not getting used up. this stops me from getting one energy refill. we do not get that many refills as it is

Only boss stages work. Attacking another stage twice won't help. 

Mar 22, 2021, 10:4903/22/21
03/11/21

if we have to use 5 silver keys everyday , will we not run out of options after  reaching a certain level? unless we have a team that can clear all floors ? but how many people have teams who can clear all floors?

Mar 22, 2021, 17:2703/22/21
05/26/20

I'd rather they took away or reduced the tag team daily if they were going to change anything on advanced quests.....and that's just because I hate tag arena because it's boring.

That being said, anyone at mid-game or above should be able to beat most of those daily quests easily. The only two that might be a challenge is beating a classic/tag arena team of a higher power. You are kind of at the mercy of matchmaking when it comes to that (though you should be able to pull off the tag arena one within you 20 tokens per day).

Regarding advanced quests I think people are more annoyed at the new reward of 5 additional silver keys per day instead of something more useful.....

Mar 22, 2021, 17:2803/22/21
05/26/20
TaurusT

if we have to use 5 silver keys everyday , will we not run out of options after  reaching a certain level? unless we have a team that can clear all floors ? but how many people have teams who can clear all floors?

No, you won't run out of options. Replay the first boss five times and you're done.

Mar 22, 2021, 19:2603/22/21
04/18/20

Doom  tower  isnt  end  game  if  its  in  advances  ...... the  comparison  between  end  boss  content  and  things  like  using  charms  at  the  forge  is  really  silly.

Mar 22, 2021, 20:2203/22/21
02/29/20

Think  of  the  rewards  as  a  bonus.  Its  easy,  but  if  you  think  it  is  hard,  that  is  why  they  are  advanced  quests.  Plus,  thousands  of  players  were  able  to  easily  progress  into  end  game  before  these  challenges  were  even  implemented.

Mar 22, 2021, 22:5403/22/21
Mar 22, 2021, 22:55(edited)
12/22/20

Yeah all you have to do is beat any of the doom tower bosses 5 times

Mar 24, 2021, 10:3303/24/21
03/23/21
DakshinKali

If you attack a "normal" romm twice, you will not use a key and don't get any rewards. So unless you want to have "training" battles for certain team compositions that's useless at all.

You have to attack a boss that you've allready done before to use a silver key.

Mar 24, 2021, 15:4503/24/21
01/31/21

Well, you will not be able to kill all faction bosess on lvl 7 as well, this mission also appears in adv quests. so be it  you wont be able to complete all adv quest each day starting from lvl35, but you will eventually when your chaps progress. I also have couple of times in week that have missions for kill FW boss and not getting extra 100 energy, but this risk i can handle as next day or two will get missions that can fully complete

Mar 26, 2021, 23:5203/26/21
02/24/21

I think the only thing I would say to this is, it doesn't really make sense to me that attempting a floor of the tower and failing doesn't consume a key. In every other activity in the game, if you attempt it and fail, the resource is consumed right? I don't keep my energy if the Dragon kills me, I don't keep my token if I lose my pvp battle.

Why does attempting a tower floor and dying not consume a key? That would make it exactly the same as all the other activities in the game, and completely nullify this roadblock.

Unrelated note, while I appreciate the "this is an advanced quest, you have to be advanced to do it" argument, and it isn't wrong, it rings a little false when the "advanced quests" are a set of 10 quests, 9 of which you can do easily by 1 - 2 weeks in, and one you cannot complete until potentially months into the game. That....doesn't seem well designed to me. But it would be moot if the keys just worked like literally every other resource in the game, so I accept the premise that only advanced players, by whatever subjective standard any reader considers "advanced" to be, should be able to complete the advanced quests.

Mar 27, 2021, 11:5003/27/21
03/23/21
Mordraine

I think the only thing I would say to this is, it doesn't really make sense to me that attempting a floor of the tower and failing doesn't consume a key. In every other activity in the game, if you attempt it and fail, the resource is consumed right? I don't keep my energy if the Dragon kills me, I don't keep my token if I lose my pvp battle.

Why does attempting a tower floor and dying not consume a key? That would make it exactly the same as all the other activities in the game, and completely nullify this roadblock.

Unrelated note, while I appreciate the "this is an advanced quest, you have to be advanced to do it" argument, and it isn't wrong, it rings a little false when the "advanced quests" are a set of 10 quests, 9 of which you can do easily by 1 - 2 weeks in, and one you cannot complete until potentially months into the game. That....doesn't seem well designed to me. But it would be moot if the keys just worked like literally every other resource in the game, so I accept the premise that only advanced players, by whatever subjective standard any reader considers "advanced" to be, should be able to complete the advanced quests.

If the keys would work like this, the quest would be to win 10 battles in doom tower instead. 

The only daily and advanced quests that can be completed just by activity are arena related. All other quests, like beat 3 campaign bosses, get 3 artifacts from dungeons and so on, require a victory.

And crypt keys work in the same way like doom tower keys, they are also not consumed if you fail. 

Mar 28, 2021, 04:0103/28/21
Mar 28, 2021, 04:02(edited)
02/24/21

I mean, I guess, but that's not really a counterargument to my proposed solution? Not to mention, you can repeat *any* level of faction wars, incuding the first, and it consumes a key every time, so that's not really comparable. 

I don't know, why not just have every floor of the tower be repeatable for a minor reward, instead of arbitrarily making it only every 10 levels? That would be exactly like Faction Wars. Just let people who can at least beat the first floor (no mean feat imo) get credit by beating that floor 5 times for some sort of meager reward like just silver or silver/xp?

In the end, the number of posts on this subject, plus how absolutely odd it is to be able to complete 9/10 quests of the meta quest for months before you can complete the 10th, is just incredibly odd and worth pointing out to the developers.

Mar 28, 2021, 10:2703/28/21
03/23/21

The number of posts to this subject is high because a lot people don't know how to use silver keys. 

• I tried attacking the same dungeon twice but it did not help. 
  • if we have to use 5 silver keys everyday , will we not run out of options after  reaching a certain level? unless we have a team that can clear all floors ? but how many people have teams who can clear all  floors? 
  • This seemed a good idea and just tried this, but it doesnt use a key  

The number of people complaining they are not able to beat the first boss 5 times is not higher than the number of people that answer "it's an advanced quest". Plarium doesn't have to make end-game content easier just because some people say so.

Mar 28, 2021, 16:4003/28/21
03/08/21

So I was kinda stuck aswell on this but what you have to do is get to floor 10 and then beat the magma dragon (boss). If you are able to do this then you can do this every day and you wont have issues with completing your advanced quest.

If you cannot do that yet then you just need to grind some more. I did this with a l60 keal and 4x 50 spirithost, diabolist, warmaiden and shaman/Ursine.