All Categories

arena

arena

Search
Comments
Aug 8, 2020, 20:3408/08/20
05/03/20
Its not the developers.  They tend to be very geeky and want to build a great product.  It is the management who will not authorize the necessary upgrades.  Either management is stupid, cheap or both. 
Aug 8, 2020, 20:3608/08/20
05/03/20
Player J said:

ClosedPoly - You have amazing heroes to make a Tanky Arena Composition.

The only issue is they are not fully leveled up to level 60.

Spirithost ---> Zelotah ---> Mountain King ---> Umbral

Spirithost ---------> Immunity gear or Resist gear ----> SPD - RESIST - DEF - HP

Zelotah ------------> Shield gear ---------------------------> SPD - RESIST - HP - DEF

Mountain King ---> Immortal gear -----------------------> SPD - RESIST - C.RATE - C.DMG 

Umbral ------------> Frost gear ----------------------------> SPD - ACC - RESIST - DEF

I wish I could but I dont have most of that gear.  Or it is 2* or 3*.  I have to break up sets, use the best pieces and try to get the desired results. 
Aug 14, 2020, 03:0308/14/20
05/03/20
NickFrost said:

OzzLee said:

There's other ways to add the speed outside of the sets

1. The boot's primary stats

2. All the other equipment sub stats

3. Glyphs

4. Upgrade on equipment raising sub stat

You may have 3 speed sets but that doesn't necessarily mean you have more speed.

And about score, it is based on your relative position of you compared to the opponent in the tier and NOT based on team power.

It's not always a case of poor gear.

I had my Apothecary at 278 (280 now) for quite a while, and this was certainly not the highest, or enough to ensure I won every match, but it was enough to enable me to win more than half of my offensive battles while I was in Gold IV (4).

Seemingly overnight, nearly all of the teams I challenge start first, even those without a speed aura are starting off first as if everyone increased their speed to 300+ at the same time.

I have the same problem in arena defense.  I put out a defense that can win a few battles, but mostly makes the enemy not want to attack me.  No attack means I dont lose as often.  Within several weeks the defense is being beat constantly.  I build a new defense.  It works for a few weeks.  Repeat, repeat. 
Aug 14, 2020, 03:1308/14/20
05/03/20

ClosedPoly said:

Player J said:

Spirithost ---------> Immunity gear or Resist gear ----> SPD - RESIST - DEF - HP

Zelotah ------------> Shield gear ---------------------------> SPD - RESIST - HP - DEF

Mountain King ---> Immortal gear -----------------------> SPD - RESIST - C.RATE - C.DMG 

Umbral ------------> Frost gear ----------------------------> SPD - ACC - RESIST - DEF

I wish I could but I dont have most of that gear.  Or it is 2* or 3*.  I have to break up sets, use the best pieces and try to get the desired results. 

@Player J, 

All of Mountain King's skills come from HP/ATK.  But the gear focuses on SPD/RESIST.  This is the kind of thing that keeps me confused.  Can you help me to understand?
Aug 14, 2020, 08:3308/14/20
05/13/19

ClosedPoly said:

ClosedPoly said:

Player J said:

@Player J, 

All of Mountain King's skills come from HP/ATK.  But the gear focuses on SPD/RESIST.  This is the kind of thing that keeps me confused.  Can you help me to understand?

The game tries to maintain a Balance.

Attack heroes often have high base speed, but are squishy

Tank heroes often have low base speed, but can withstand hits.

Your team will be a Tanky team.

Your opponent team might be an Attacking Speed team.

It is normal for the Attack team to get the first hit vs. Tank team.

What you have to be mindful about is your opponent being to fast!

It’s ok - if you have a back & forth fight.

Example:

Your opponent team goes First 

Your team goes Second

Your opponent team goes Third

Your team goes Fourth

It’s not ok - If your opponent team moves 3 time to your team moving 1 time.

Example:

Your opponent team goes First

Your opponent team goes Second

Your opponent team goes Third

Your team goes Fourth

You can’t allow the rival team to have consecutive turns uncontested against you.

You will lose.

Thus, you want Speed in your gears Substats if you can manage it.

You don’t need triple speed rolls or anything.

You just want your gears to have some speed on them so your team can “keep up” with enemy team

———————————————————————

The next thing you have to think about is what your enemy will do to you.

They have first move.

If they are using a Speed Nuking team, They might try to do Defense Down or Crowd Control move on you.

This is were having Resistance can be helpful

You can try to resist there attempts of debuffing you.

——————————————————————

Hopefully, you can begin to see why HP/ATK don’t play a huge role at the start.

HP/ATK only helps Mountain King when he attacks with 1 of his moves. 

If your Mountain King is slow, He will die.

If your Mountain King has low resistance, He will be frozen the entire time.

A dead Mountain King can’t do any of his moves.

A frozen Mountain King can’t do any of his moves.