All Categories

Arena needs to be changed Now

Arena needs to be changed Now

Search
Comments
Jul 30, 2020, 08:0207/30/20
05/03/20

This is my 2nd week in Bronze 4.  I am up to 1232 in score.  88 days and I have never been this high.  It doesnt feel right to be this high.  The game must be broken. 

:)   :)    :)
GreenKnightCommunity Manager
Jul 30, 2020, 12:4307/30/20
04/06/20

Hi!

Trips said:

NickFrost said:

Why do so many believe the problem is caused by old/inactive accounts?

Because they just don't get it, unfortunately I don't think plarium does either. 

Inactives are a small problem. 

Inactive accounts are not the main problem that caused the current situation, but they still contribute to the issue, and we are making some adjustments to the current system to resolve this problem.

SCARMOURY said:

I've finally managed to dip my toe into Silver, but dont stay there long..
I dont think these players purposefully stay in Bronze, but rather are stuck there like the rest of us because of the increasingly high level of competition. Gold iv is now Bronze iv.. theres some really good and well managed (built) teams in Bronze atm. The gear used is definitely late-game 

This is the case for some players, and we are working on flattening the difficulty curve of the Classic Arena. The solution to this problem should also improve the situation with the Arena Missions.

OZZLEE said:

that was my idea I think, to introduce a checkpoint, that anyone who have reached silver should not be able to degrade further than Silver 1, so is for those who have reached gold and platinum should not degrade further than gold 1. This is a fairly common practice in a lot of other gacha games of this kind

Currently, we are working on the addition of a similar system, but a bit different mechanically. We do not want to block players in the leagues that they can access but might not have the power to compete in just yet.

SIRE1985 said:

arena is a lotery...
I have 300 speed, and i'm not start turn... even with lead +33%speed boos on arena... 
I have resist 190 and i can ressitd def. derese debuf... 
I have over 3000 Attak, 100%cryt rate + 260% cryt dmg. - my hit 840 dmg... how? why? it is work ? 

Most likely, your target had a Red Arrow above it.

When in battle, you will often see that the arrow above your target’s head changes color, depending on which Champion is selected. This is determined by the Elements that the current Champion is attuned to.

• Red Arrow: the Champion’s Element is weak against this target. The damage that he or she deals will be reduced by 20%, the Critical Rate will be reduced by 15%, and the attack has a 35% chance of being a Weak Hit, which can never place a debuff on the target unless its description specifically states that it overcomes the effects of the Elemental weakness and decreases damage by further 30%;

• Yellow Arrow: there will be no bonuses or penalties for the damage or effects that your Champion’s attack deals to this target.

• Green Arrow: the Champion’s Element is stronger than the target’s. The Critical Rate of the attacking Champion increases and there is a 30% chance of inflicting a Strong Hit, which deals 30% additional damage.

Have a nice day and stay safe.

Jul 30, 2020, 14:2007/30/20
07/05/19

GreenKnight said:

Hi!

OZZLEE said:

that was my idea I think, to introduce a checkpoint, that anyone who have reached silver should not be able to degrade further than Silver 1, so is for those who have reached gold and platinum should not degrade further than gold 1. This is a fairly common practice in a lot of other gacha games of this kind

Currently, we are working on the addition of a similar system, but a bit different mechanically. We do not want to block players in the leagues that they can access but might not have the power to compete in just yet.

If I may add, totally blocking someone from degrading their tier after a checkpoint eventually will not be a problem... it would be like a dam, after a while it would create a pool of players similar in power and capabilities, it would force player to keep going up.

But Arena's problem right now is that there are so many players that are capable of getting high tier but somehow get into lower tier (either by choice or by condition), before setting up those "checkpoint" markers I do hope that you move these players to their respective tier.

My suggestion is to those who have silver medals should be put on silver 1 (if they're lower than silver 1) and those who have gold medals should be put on gold 1 (if they're lower than gold 1)

My other suggestion, if you do have some permeability for players to move down tiers, I honestly think you should have a total blocking system for some condition. My suggestion, base the condition on Great Hall upgrades.

Once a player have made a silver level Great Hall upgrade, they should be blocked from going down lower than silver 1, and for those who have make a gold level GH upgrade, they should be blocked to go down further than Gold 1.

I think it's just not fair for those who have higher grade GH upgrade to challenge someone with lower grade.

that is my suggestion.
Jul 30, 2020, 15:1807/30/20
06/30/20

GreenKnight said:

Hi!

Most likely, your target had a Red Arrow above it.

When in battle, you will often see that the arrow above your target’s head changes color, depending on which Champion is selected. This is determined by the Elements that the current Champion is attuned to.

• Red Arrow: the Champion’s Element is weak against this target. The damage that he or she deals will be reduced by 20%, the Critical Rate will be reduced by 15%, and the attack has a 35% chance of being a Weak Hit, which can never place a debuff on the target unless its description specifically states that it overcomes the effects of the Elemental weakness and decreases damage by further 30%;

• Yellow Arrow: there will be no bonuses or penalties for the damage or effects that your Champion’s attack deals to this target.

• Green Arrow: the Champion’s Element is stronger than the target’s. The Critical Rate of the attacking Champion increases and there is a 30% chance of inflicting a Strong Hit, which deals 30% additional damage.

Have a nice day and stay safe.

Your assumption is simple & laughable, that we all have to fight against strong elements, my team is blue and all my opponents are red, my team is red then all my enemies are green. If so, FIX THE ARENA LIST, make it normal again, our enemies must be mixed weak, normal, strong.

Have a good day. 

Jul 30, 2020, 17:3307/30/20
07/16/20

Yep.play for 1 week and abrupt end to progress thanks to needing to achieve arena qualification for questlines

No pvp fun as even refresh battles leads to zero beatable teams as a noob with only rare/epic at appropriate levels for time played etc.

Massive grind in game but the energy rewards which you might have gotten via quests is dried up as cant progress at arena and so on....mindless...needs fixing NOW not some point in the future
Jul 31, 2020, 04:3207/31/20
05/21/20
There are too many legendary high end players in the bronze levels. To fulfill the missions quest it is near impossible to get to that level. 
Jul 31, 2020, 14:3707/31/20
05/13/19

Haven't you all figured it out by now? The real problem?

The real problem starts with Plarium - They run under a short sighted plan.

They spend all of there efforts getting new players hooked on the game.

They try to get those new players to spend on the game.

Than when the players end up becoming Veteran players.

Plarium often doesn't give them any reason to continue playing the game.

Raid Shadow Legends has the worst player retention I have ever seen in any game.

They want new players to join - old players who stop spending to quit.

This is how they run there business.

The problem is when you do this sort of business practice.

You offend a lot of the older Veteran players who originally loved your game.

And the result is those players become spiteful.

They come up with ways to make the game go down with them!

Thus, what we reach the subject at hand "Arena".

Those high level players have decided to de-level themselves to Bronze 1 to frustrate new players into quitting the game.

It's a sinister plan, but that is what happens when people get upset.

Most of the new players which don't quit the game.

They often begin complaining - blowing up the support/help chats with complaints.

This is more or less what you see is happening.

So there you have it!

Those players are not inactive - They are taking a stand!

Jul 31, 2020, 14:4107/31/20
05/26/20

GreenKnight said:

This is the case for some players, and we are working on flattening the difficulty curve of the Classic Arena. The solution to this problem should also improve the situation with the Arena Missions.

Eagerly looking forward to seeing how this solution pans out. Most of us aren't looking for easy wins. We just want fair fights at the appropriate level for our progress in the game. Bronze through Silver should "feel" like a steady progression so that when you start approaching Gold you have had time to acquire both a decent roster of champs and the experience/gear to tune them up for the end-game competitive environment.

And while the mission rewards aren't make or break by any means, every little bit helps along the way.

As an aside, it would make better gameplay if speed wasn't the end-all stat for Arena. The options for strategy are pretty limited when most battles are determined primarily by who gets to go first, and whether RNG has granted them one or more of the handful of champs that dominate in PvP. I don't expect to see that change though. Certain mechanics would need a massive overhaul and would have side effects on other aspects of the game.

Aug 1, 2020, 20:1208/01/20
Aug 1, 2020, 20:13(edited)
02/26/20
I requested for refund after they change the pvp portion of the game which made my arbiter quest impossible now. Explained to iTunes that I spent money to complete the quest which was obtainable. After the pvp update, I have no chance. I purchased multiple packs month or 3 before the change and I got it all back. Maybe if more people got their money back, then Palrium will fix the pvp issue asap. I need to get hall to 10 and need 1000 gold. Was in g4 and got kicked down to s3. Can’t even get back to g1. Was on the final stretch too. I don’t bother with arenas anymore now. I just log in every few hours to use my key and do my dailies. 
Aug 20, 2020, 12:3808/20/20
11/27/19

drone said:

However I dont think you should blame end-game players lowering their team on purpose as an excuse. I am one of them, but I would never go below gold IV, since I would then lose my bonuses and the medals that is the sole reason for lowering my team.

God, you don't dare go below Gold IV?!? I've got a team at 145k power and on a good day I can barely raise myself to Silver I only to get slapped around by a 60k team. Arenas are so broken they're just not worth playing. They've singlehandedly turned me from a fan of the game (almost flawless daily play for 10+ months) into a rabid, frothing-at-the-mouth hater. I'm so disgusted by arenas (and the utter lack of visibility or response on what's being done about them) that I'm pretty much done with this game. I'm going to take my disposable income (which I don't mind spending on games I like) and just move along. There's competitors out there and they'll be happy to take it.

Cheers.
Aug 20, 2020, 13:3808/20/20
06/20/20

The problem with the arena is that the difficulty increases at the average level of the players. there's no point in leveling up my team to get to silver if everyone in bronze does the same thing. The only result is to increase the difficulty of the arena.

To set the difficulty of the arena objectives to those of the same level as the other objective challenges, it is necessary to make this difficulty independent of the growth of the players.

Solution:

fixed-score defensive teams managed by the IA who will come out more or less frequently as opponents in the various refreshes.

Aug 25, 2020, 22:4008/25/20
08/25/20

So I'm a month in and was really frustrated with the Arena matchmaking - I haven't seen a player below my level and usually see players 20+ levels (forget power level for a hot minute, I'm not super interested in photo'ing a bunch of other player cards, but they're also typically 10K above my team's levels) above me no matter where I am in Bronze. Came here to see what the deal is. Read (most of it... y'all are... exhausting) this thread and have come away with one question:

So you're telling me that the ENTIRE player base is in the same arena? It's not segmented at all? By regions? by relative sign up time? by timezones (frankly, I was happy I didn't need to rush "arena" at a specific time to hit my payout, but this isn't better)? by literally any means?

Well, there's your problem. I've never played another game like this where the entire player base operated out of the same "arena." 

I dipped my toe into Bronze 3 one time and now I feel like a god that I did that in my first 2-3 weeks of playing. But, based on everyone in here, I don't think I'll sniff silver before I move on from the game. Upfront dolladollabills, not long term dolladollabills seems to be the goal then eh? 

Aug 26, 2020, 05:1508/26/20
07/05/19

Muad333Dib said:

So I'm a month in and was really frustrated with the Arena matchmaking - I haven't seen a player below my level and usually see players 20+ levels (forget power level for a hot minute, I'm not super interested in photo'ing a bunch of other player cards, but they're also typically 10K above my team's levels) above me no matter where I am in Bronze. Came here to see what the deal is. Read (most of it... y'all are... exhausting) this thread and have come away with one question:

So you're telling me that the ENTIRE player base is in the same arena? It's not segmented at all? By regions? by relative sign up time? by timezones (frankly, I was happy I didn't need to rush "arena" at a specific time to hit my payout, but this isn't better)? by literally any means?

Well, there's your problem. I've never played another game like this where the entire player base operated out of the same "arena." 

I dipped my toe into Bronze 3 one time and now I feel like a god that I did that in my first 2-3 weeks of playing. But, based on everyone in here, I don't think I'll sniff silver before I move on from the game. Upfront dolladollabills, not long term dolladollabills seems to be the goal then eh? 

My first post about arena is exactly the same, I was at bronze 3 as well at the time, that was 2,5 months ago.

Took me 1 month and $0 to get to silver 1 using a team everyone said I wouldn't get me to silver 1
Sep 15, 2020, 18:3909/15/20
06/26/20
Well sayd... Either they want to get the players frustrated to spend money or they completely fucked up the balancing. I am frustrated.... But won't pay the bill to get them lazy. 
Sep 16, 2020, 11:2109/16/20
08/30/20

Arena is a complete joke. It halts mission progression like a deadstop - from 500KM/h to 0 on mission progression in an instant (Reach Silver 1).

How am I supposed to reach silver 1 when I face team power 167K in Bronze II?

Soon Plarium will have a handful of Krakens beating each other in Gold IV/Plat and no new players. And believe me the ones spending 10-20K euro in an instant on a Flash Player game (lets face it, this is a mobile title) will not stay long, and won't come as often as a regular player.
Sep 17, 2020, 00:3409/17/20
Sep 17, 2020, 00:35(edited)
07/11/20

So arena is broken and Plarium is not doing anything.... shameful!!  Cmon Plarium fix it!! 

I think Plarium should expand beyond platinum to Platnium 4, they can call platinum 4 some elite name. Push current gold players by enough points so that 80% of them find themselves in platnium, same goes to silver to gold and bronze to silver.

The other problem that Plarium should fix is the whales in lower levels (for multiples reasons).  I would fix this by running server side battles, this would push forward strong account and lower weaker ones.  

Finally, players should be matched against players within 50 points at most!  
Sep 17, 2020, 01:0309/17/20
07/05/19

hlnovicegamer said:

So arena is broken and Plarium is not doing anything.... shameful!!  Cmon Plarium fix it!! 

I think Plarium should expand beyond platinum to Platnium 4, they can call platinum 4 some elite name. Push current gold players by enough points so that 80% of them find themselves in platnium, same goes to silver to gold and bronze to silver.

The other problem that Plarium should fix is the whales in lower levels (for multiples reasons).  I would fix this by running server side battles, this would push forward strong account and lower weaker ones.  

Finally, players should be matched against players within 50 points at most!  

They can add the tiers to infinity, but the simple problem is, there is just not enough points to go around, if there's enough points for a new tier, the points on top platinum tier should be increasing weekly, but after 2.12 fix the point drops, indicating that there is just not enough points are available in classic arena.

Sep 17, 2020, 06:1409/17/20
02/01/20

i been playing for a while and was barely making it to silver .. now i cant even finish bronze 4.. i don't have a weak team .. and if i do we pore people don't have alot of money to buy our way too the top most of my bronze is at lvl 3 and can't go anywhere because i cant make it to silver.. and some of us don't have the team to compete against other teams.. some of us dont have a lot of money or luck.. to get the best champs for the arena.. fix this crap or people going too stop playing.. im already losing interest is this garbage you turn this into.. 

im using athel lvl 60 fully ascended and mastery at max with some lvl 3 bronze

apothecary lvl 60 214 speed and ok def fully amended 

katun lvl 50.. some mastery

harvest jack lvl 60 fully amended and mastery at max.. with 280 acc and 180 speed and hp 40 50 thousand.. ok def for what i have not too bad .. but i have teams that beat me like i started 2 weeks ago and i have been playing almost 200 days .. 
Sep 17, 2020, 20:5109/17/20
04/12/20

No one can say thats not broken.

Using a 24% speed aura and apoth with 278 at silver II, and still, almost all my opponents are faster them me, its just Silver II......... I had to adjust so going as a tank team with lots of resistence,, but even so.... when i face a rotus plus madame and i see her debuffing champs with 400res..... im just dead if no good RNG with my Fu-Shan landing the stuns. Getting in Silver 2 lvl 75 players... with endgame comp and almost endgame. How can this be balanced ?

Sep 18, 2020, 02:1509/18/20
08/05/19
What arena progress do you moderator guys are talking about if I was always at Gold 3-4 till your game was broken and I've descended to Silver 2 less than in a week? It isn't normal by any means I guess. I can't finish my last arena mission for more than 3 months and it still remains the one and only which doesn't give me my FREE-to-play Arbiter. All my auto battles are completed long ago at 20th stages, I am able to damage Nightmare clan boss as tiny cosy HELL so why just not to fix all how it was for I'll be able to collect my lacking 271 golden medals to 1000?