All Categories

Upgrading artefacts - please show support

Search
Mar 24, 2020, 15:3403/24/20
10/29/19

Please comment on this post and get devs to listen to us. 

The success rate of upgrading artefacts is crazy i just spent nearly 2m silver to upgrade an artefact to level 16. This is ridiculous and we need to do something about it. 

Please follow and comment on this post if you share my opinion and lets get the devs to listen to us and make the success rate a lot better for upgrading artefacts. 

Thank you for your support. 

Tadwin. 
Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 24, 2020, 17:0403/24/20
02/20/20

2m is about right. This is "normal".

If you grind, you can get 10m quite quickly in Brutal 12-3

I agree it is very high (!), but that is the game...
Mar 24, 2020, 17:5103/24/20
Mar 24, 2020, 17:52(edited)
03/22/20
Ethan said:

2m is about right. This is "normal".

If you grind, you can get 10m quite quickly in Brutal 12-3

I agree it is very high (!), but that is the game...
The point is if there is a basic average on how much silver it costs to fully upgrade an item why keep it RnG instead of just making each individual level a cost amount? Why not just be transparent about the costs to upgrade?
Mar 24, 2020, 19:3303/24/20
10/29/19
Thanks for the comments and I understand the grind but its still outrageous considering how many characters you get and its so hard to spend all of your silver upgrading and it costs you all the silver you have saved. The success rate of upgrading from 12 - 16 is so crazy and just fails until most your money is gone. We need a better solid solution or the success rate to be improved.  
Mar 24, 2020, 19:3403/24/20
10/29/19
Thanks for the input and please keep the feedback coming!!
Mar 24, 2020, 19:3703/24/20
Mar 24, 2020, 19:37(edited)
03/22/20
Tadwin said:

Thanks for the comments and I understand the grind but its still outrageous considering how many characters you get and its so hard to spend all of your silver upgrading and it costs you all the silver you have saved. The success rate of upgrading from 12 - 16 is so crazy and just fails until most your money is gone. We need a better solid solution or the success rate to be improved.  
If they gave us a solid solution like a set cost amount then they wouldn't be able to tweak the RnG rates of the upgrade attempts to run your pockets dry and push you towards microtransactions. Either for silver itself or energy pots to farm said silver.
Mar 24, 2020, 22:5003/24/20
06/20/19
Call me snuggles said:

Tadwin said:

If they gave us a solid solution like a set cost amount then they wouldn't be able to tweak the RnG rates of the upgrade attempts to run your pockets dry and push you towards microtransactions. Either for silver itself or energy pots to farm said silver.
That's not quite right>  If they gave us a set amount, that would remove the chances of great luck v. Bad luck.  Everyone hopes for great luck.  It's called gamblig.  It's the same principle that Dog Trainers use to reward dogs for desired behavior.  It increases revenue.
Mar 24, 2020, 23:1803/24/20
Mar 24, 2020, 23:38(edited)
03/22/20

Angwil said:

Call me snuggles said:

Tadwin said:

That's not quite right>  If they gave us a set amount, that would remove the chances of great luck v. Bad luck.  Everyone hopes for great luck.  It's called gamblig.  It's the same principle that Dog Trainers use to reward dogs for desired behavior.  It increases revenue.

It's called exploitation of that "gambling" aspect in hopes of hooking a new "whale" to cash in on while creating a speed bump for other players.

And do keep in mind this is a game they almost exclusively advertise to a younger audience via youtube sponsorships/ads. So having predatorial gambling aspect in said game to push more revenue is pretty scummy
Mar 25, 2020, 07:4203/25/20
02/20/20

Advice: don't +16 gear all your characters. Seriously, only +16 upgrade is expensive, +8 to +12 is quite easy and cheap.

Think about it, team:

1. PvP: your arena team should be 4, maybe defence and attack is slightly different = 6.

2. PvE: your dungeon and clan boss must have some overlap, as well as overlap with PvP. 

So I don't have more than 8-9 characters with 16 gear. Rest are using either retired gear or +12 gear. 

Mar 25, 2020, 08:3003/25/20
01/27/20

Taking the RNG out of the upgrade by having fixed Prices per Tier wouldn't Change much of the "Gambling aspect" as you still gamble on which of the sub-stats it updates.

It also doesn't take out "too much" from the "silver burner" factor, as it still would be quite expensive. But now it would at least be a fixed cost everyone can grind for instead of a "lets hope this time 1.5m is enough and I don't Need 2.5m again because I get stuck on 15-16" ….

Also they have more than enough other ways to burn silver on top of that, including the gear-switch-Costs, pot-upgrade-Costs, etc. ;)

Changing this one bit of the game away from RNG wouldn't do much harm to the game Overall, as EVERY ASPECT is rng anyway and would just be one QoL improvement for many of us (some have great luck all the time, some have shitty luck all the time -- lets even the odds and everyone knows exactly what he Pays to upgrade his item from 1-16 --- still different Prices for 1*-6* but at least known FINAL Prices --- just like Prices WITH tax compared to US habbits of displaying all items with Prices pre-tax. doesn't make a big difference but still is nicer of the customer to see the REAL final Price instead of having to guess it roughly  ;) ) 

Mar 25, 2020, 17:3203/25/20
10/29/19
Great feedback from everyone keep them coming so they will do something about it 
Mar 26, 2020, 08:5603/26/20
01/27/20

Tadwin said:

Great feedback from everyone keep them coming so they will do something about it 

sadly, beside the fact that we know About it and talk About it there won't be much of a Change..... even if they ask for Feedback they rarely take it into account (see the plat-gear sets from the chests). And since Valdys is not mod of this Forum anymore you'll not even get much of a "seen it, will Forward it" info anymore, as she was the most active mod in the Forums.

Plarium thinks only discord is the true community channel and they really don't seem to care much About the Forum (and Feedback in General - sorry if that's wrong but it Looks that way seeing when/how they reaquested Feedback and what they finally did with the Feedback they got in the last 12+ Weeks).

So don't get your hopes up too high.... :( 

Mar 26, 2020, 18:2103/26/20
10/29/19
Thanks Ethan that level 12:3 is a good grind and getting more silver now. Well until the next tournament starts then I’ll be using my energy on that in dungeons. 
Mar 26, 2020, 18:2303/26/20
10/29/19
If you are in the discord channel can you paste the link to this post please mate??
Mar 31, 2020, 18:1903/31/20
10/29/19
Keep this post going. Been grinding for days and just cannot get enough to upgrade rank 6 artefacts to lvl 16. The success rate from 12-16 is just crazy. Game devs please address this as it is putting people off the game especially with so little energy to use each day. 
Mar 31, 2020, 18:2603/31/20
02/27/20
It's not supposed to be simple and easy to upgrade to level 16.  Many games have been ruined by people constantly asking to make things easier.
Apr 1, 2020, 05:5604/01/20
02/13/19

Hi, Guys!

Thanks for your feedback, but Ethan and Victory March are right.
Apr 1, 2020, 07:0004/01/20
Apr 1, 2020, 07:01(edited)
01/27/20

Valdys said:

Hi, Guys!

sadly, no. It's not About making it easier. It would be, if the stats would be pre-determined or everyone would have the same rng. Which, arguably is true or not, but if it is then everyone is screwed (Looking at how many upgrade attempts it takes me to get something to 16... yes, I actually kept tap of that the last 4 weeks and 15 to 16 is ON AVERAGE 15 tries --- also 12 to 13 "jumped" for me from an average of 5 to an average of 8 tries per upgrade).

In General as there is a multitude of RNG Building upon RNG which Feeds more RNG at least something should be fixed. Even if we get leggy gear with all the substats we Dream of we still don't know what it'll roll. And most of us live with Epic gear and have to hope for a good 4th Slot.

1) it is already RNG what mainstat we get 

2) plus what substats we get 

3) and "how good the substats are" (as even those numbers are not fixed but in a range of X) 

4)or how good the Quality of the upgrade is (as even if we 4x roll a leggi on exactly the substat we want it could be a good 4x roll or a 4x roll Always at the lower spread of the spectrum giving us just as much Points as a decent 3x roll would give and the 4th evaporates into mists while the good 3-times-roll with a great 4th roll on a different stat could have been the far supperior item)

5) how much we pay for finding out if it is a usefull item in the end or not

at least this last part could be steam-rolled for everyone. It is already so much RNG baked upon RNG feeding more RNG that at least some of this should be "known" / fixed to encourage People to actually try out new sets and set combinations. Besides the Point of how frustrating it is to spend 500k-1m silver to swap gear on a char it's even less "fun to try out something new" if you can't even say "O.K. the stuff is decent, let's spend 6m silver and see how far we get" because with bad rng that will be 12-15m silver --- and at the end the item might not even be worth it and you start over again, not knowing if you'll spend 500k, 1m or 4m to upgrade the "this might be O.K."-item to 16.

I don't say "make it easy". I just say "make it transparent". Even if you double the Costs for the Upgrades (starting at 8 or 12 to Keep it fair for low Level Players) it would still be O.K. for everyone. Heck, even if you ask for 100k or 150k flat out for 15 to 16 it would still be fine, as it would be that ALL the time (and not one time 150k and one time 1.5 Million). It doesn't make the game easier, as you still might upgrade an item from 12 to 16 and then it rolls the wrong stat and it's not better than what you got. But at least the way there is clear and you know how much credits you'll Need to farm before ((which "makes it easy" to plan a hero upgrade --- but not easier in the way you're Talking About. It just helps with planning and pre-farming everything you Need --- the lvl, the gear, the silver for the Upgrades, the potions)).

Just saying " a flat silver Price per lvl upgrade is making it easier and taking fun out of the game " would be like changing the potion System for ascention to a "you have a 50% Chance this works and a 25% Chance to get less stats on your hero than anyone else --- why? we wanted to increase the fun of upgrading champ ascentions! isn't it fun not knowing if your champ ascends and if he's a god-roll-god-lvl-leggo or just a mediocre leggo?" …..

Apr 2, 2020, 21:3004/02/20
Apr 2, 2020, 21:48(edited)
02/27/20
The game is free to play, and we don't have to play it if we don't want to play it.  I don't think it's that difficult to level up gear to 16.  You just have to devote the requisite amount of time and energy in order to enough silver.  Figure around 1 million per piece of gear to take it from 12 to 16.  It could require more, it could require less.  If you wanna be on the safe side, gather up 1.5 million per piece of gear.
Apr 3, 2020, 10:0904/03/20
02/13/19
gothikguardian said:

Valdys said:

Hi, Guys!

sadly, no. It's not About making it easier. It would be, if the stats would be pre-determined or everyone would have the same rng. Which, arguably is true or not, but if it is then everyone is screwed (Looking at how many upgrade attempts it takes me to get something to 16... yes, I actually kept tap of that the last 4 weeks and 15 to 16 is ON AVERAGE 15 tries --- also 12 to 13 "jumped" for me from an average of 5 to an average of 8 tries per upgrade).

In General as there is a multitude of RNG Building upon RNG which Feeds more RNG at least something should be fixed. Even if we get leggy gear with all the substats we Dream of we still don't know what it'll roll. And most of us live with Epic gear and have to hope for a good 4th Slot.

1) it is already RNG what mainstat we get 

2) plus what substats we get 

3) and "how good the substats are" (as even those numbers are not fixed but in a range of X) 

4)or how good the Quality of the upgrade is (as even if we 4x roll a leggi on exactly the substat we want it could be a good 4x roll or a 4x roll Always at the lower spread of the spectrum giving us just as much Points as a decent 3x roll would give and the 4th evaporates into mists while the good 3-times-roll with a great 4th roll on a different stat could have been the far supperior item)

5) how much we pay for finding out if it is a usefull item in the end or not

at least this last part could be steam-rolled for everyone. It is already so much RNG baked upon RNG feeding more RNG that at least some of this should be "known" / fixed to encourage People to actually try out new sets and set combinations. Besides the Point of how frustrating it is to spend 500k-1m silver to swap gear on a char it's even less "fun to try out something new" if you can't even say "O.K. the stuff is decent, let's spend 6m silver and see how far we get" because with bad rng that will be 12-15m silver --- and at the end the item might not even be worth it and you start over again, not knowing if you'll spend 500k, 1m or 4m to upgrade the "this might be O.K."-item to 16.

I don't say "make it easy". I just say "make it transparent". Even if you double the Costs for the Upgrades (starting at 8 or 12 to Keep it fair for low Level Players) it would still be O.K. for everyone. Heck, even if you ask for 100k or 150k flat out for 15 to 16 it would still be fine, as it would be that ALL the time (and not one time 150k and one time 1.5 Million). It doesn't make the game easier, as you still might upgrade an item from 12 to 16 and then it rolls the wrong stat and it's not better than what you got. But at least the way there is clear and you know how much credits you'll Need to farm before ((which "makes it easy" to plan a hero upgrade --- but not easier in the way you're Talking About. It just helps with planning and pre-farming everything you Need --- the lvl, the gear, the silver for the Upgrades, the potions)).

Just saying " a flat silver Price per lvl upgrade is making it easier and taking fun out of the game " would be like changing the potion System for ascention to a "you have a 50% Chance this works and a 25% Chance to get less stats on your hero than anyone else --- why? we wanted to increase the fun of upgrading champ ascentions! isn't it fun not knowing if your champ ascends and if he's a god-roll-god-lvl-leggo or just a mediocre leggo?" …..

Yeah, I agree with this.
Apr 3, 2020, 10:2304/03/20
01/27/20

Valdys said:

Yeah, I agree with this.

Lady, I missed you in this part of the Forum, but I feel like someone took over your account !!! oO ? You. Agree. With. Something. I. posted.

this cannot be real *lol* ;)