Live arena is for Spenders

Live arena is for Spenders

Search
Comments
May 19, 2024, 03:1105/19/24
01/31/20
Trips

Aka effort  ;) lol

G3 live is easier than g3 tag for sure. It's just a frequency measure tbh. Obviously easier the stronger your account but the 4000 ratings are filling fast with midgamers.

I've seen you say that in a couple of threads now, but I have found low G3 to be uber-competitve and no one I am fighting is throwing matches at all.  

Since I got Quintus, I went back to only doing live a couple of days per week, so I had not climbed very far yet, and then went 8 losses in a row (last 3 last night and all 5 today), which was just enough to kick me to 3999 again.

G3 Tag is way easier than my first foray into G3 Live.  It is all the luck of the draw, but that is my experience so far.  

May 19, 2024, 06:0005/19/24
12/18/19
Trips

Aka effort  ;) lol

G3 live is easier than g3 tag for sure. It's just a frequency measure tbh. Obviously easier the stronger your account but the 4000 ratings are filling fast with midgamers.

I am putting in work, i did regear and tune my champs and it got me to silver 4, my current teams are not good enough to climb to g1 tho atm, now i know what bs you run and this is exactly the bs you need to get to gold, pythion, warlord, siphi, yumeko.....talk about "effort" lol.

i

You know what you should do, you should drop down to silver 1, then pull out 12 warboys and get to gold 1 with them, surely you can do it if you "just put in enough work" 😁  

Jokes aside next free gear removal i will redo my teams again, probably will post roster here on forum too for help, maybe i can get to gold

May 20, 2024, 16:1305/20/24
01/31/20
WileyMan

I've seen you say that in a couple of threads now, but I have found low G3 to be uber-competitve and no one I am fighting is throwing matches at all.  

Since I got Quintus, I went back to only doing live a couple of days per week, so I had not climbed very far yet, and then went 8 losses in a row (last 3 last night and all 5 today), which was just enough to kick me to 3999 again.

G3 Tag is way easier than my first foray into G3 Live.  It is all the luck of the draw, but that is my experience so far.  

Followed up my 8 losses in a row by winning 8 of 10 yesterday, so right back to 4031, which is where I was before losing the 8 in a row.  😁

May 20, 2024, 17:4205/20/24
12/19/19
WileyMan

Followed up my 8 losses in a row by winning 8 of 10 yesterday, so right back to 4031, which is where I was before losing the 8 in a row.  😁

Crazy what happens when the sample size increases....

I won 10 in a row for first time yesterday, next 20 or so was under 40%....

ShortOnSkillzModerator
May 20, 2024, 21:2305/20/24
06/24/19
WileyMan

I think you dont get those type matches until you start throwing yourself. 

harleQuinnModerator
May 20, 2024, 22:2305/20/24
02/24/19
WileyMan

If you never throw, Live is a much different animal. Much more difficult. Matchups can be very tough.

@ShortOnSkillz has been testing this for a couple weeks and found the optimal numbers to get much easier matchups all the time. 

Trips might be finding it easier than you since he's matching his other account and getting a decent number of throws in regularly. 😆 😆 

ShortOnSkillzModerator
May 20, 2024, 23:5905/20/24
06/24/19
harleQuinn

If you never throw, Live is a much different animal. Much more difficult. Matchups can be very tough.

@ShortOnSkillz has been testing this for a couple weeks and found the optimal numbers to get much easier matchups all the time. 

Trips might be finding it easier than you since he's matching his other account and getting a decent number of throws in regularly. 😆 😆 

It's a bit sad but much like classic Arena the optimal strategy seems to be "tank for 

May 21, 2024, 00:1505/21/24
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Unfortunately the increased play in live means I rarely get to throw against myself... but tanking does work fabulously.  I do not have skillz top secret algorithm though.

harleQuinnModerator
May 21, 2024, 01:1305/21/24
02/24/19
Trips

Unfortunately the increased play in live means I rarely get to throw against myself... but tanking does work fabulously.  I do not have skillz top secret algorithm though.

He didn't even share it cause his post got cutoff, smh 😆 

harleQuinnModerator
May 21, 2024, 01:1805/21/24
May 21, 2024, 01:19(edited)
02/24/19
sharkium

I am putting in work, i did regear and tune my champs and it got me to silver 4, my current teams are not good enough to climb to g1 tho atm, now i know what bs you run and this is exactly the bs you need to get to gold, pythion, warlord, siphi, yumeko.....talk about "effort" lol.

i

You know what you should do, you should drop down to silver 1, then pull out 12 warboys and get to gold 1 with them, surely you can do it if you "just put in enough work" 😁  

Jokes aside next free gear removal i will redo my teams again, probably will post roster here on forum too for help, maybe i can get to gold

Gosh what a sad state of affairs that screen is.

Was very nice to pull so much good arena champs lately.

May 21, 2024, 02:0305/21/24
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Gosh what a sad state of affairs that screen is.

Was very nice to pull so much good arena champs lately.

The majority of that screen are fusions/fres champions 

May 21, 2024, 02:2605/21/24
01/31/20

@ShortOnSkillz 

@TripsB 

@harleQuinn 

Okay, Enlighten a Live Arena Newbie to this magic formula....

What counts as "throwing a fight"?  

If we define "throwing a fight" as (1) Leaving as soon as the battle loads or (2) Shutting down the phone during team selection, then so far, the only fights I throw are when I get matched against the same OP opponent multiple fights in a row or multiple fights over a few days so that I still remember the toons they are gonna pick to kick my Azz.  

There are other fights that I quit, but not tpyically before there is no coming back even though it might take a while to actually lose.  Earlier tonight, I let an Armanz get control of the battle flow, so even though they had no real damage dealer left, I was not going to get another turn.  I quit fights like that, but I would not think something like that counts as throwing the fight, but who knows what the matchmaking AI counts as throwing?  

My overall winrate in Live is 56.3%, and so far, my winrate in G3 is consistent with that.

May 21, 2024, 02:2805/21/24
01/31/20
Trips

I can't ever seem to hyperlink you in the text of a post.  

The only thing that comes up when I try is this:  @TripsB 

But that profile is not you, even though it is the same banner lord pic.... 

May 21, 2024, 02:4105/21/24
12/19/19
WileyMan

You don't have to shut down the phone.  Just click the x in upper right when selection screen pops up. I don't think "forfeits" are treated any different than other losses in determining future matchmaking.  It's just a more efficient way to get thru tokens.

I am certain multiple factors are used to group within tier, possibly a rolling average for recency WR and/or ranking within tier.  

@trips  lol I can't tag myself either 

harleQuinnModerator
May 21, 2024, 03:0605/21/24
02/24/19
Trips

The majority of that screen are fusions/fres champions 

I meant my defensive lineup 😆 

harleQuinnModerator
May 21, 2024, 03:1305/21/24
May 21, 2024, 03:17(edited)
02/24/19
WileyMan

@ShortOnSkillz 

@TripsB 

@harleQuinn 

If we define "throwing a fight" as (1) Leaving as soon as the battle loads or (2) Shutting down the phone during team selection, then so far, the only fights I throw are when I get matched against the same OP opponent multiple fights in a row or multiple fights over a few days so that I still remember the toons they are gonna pick to kick my Azz.  

There are other fights that I quit, but not tpyically before there is no coming back even though it might take a while to actually lose.  Earlier tonight, I let an Armanz get control of the battle flow, so even though they had no real damage dealer left, I was not going to get another turn.  I quit fights like that, but I would not think something like that counts as throwing the fight, but who knows what the matchmaking AI counts as throwing?  

My overall winrate in Live is 56.3%, and so far, my winrate in G3 is consistent with that.

Throwing is just when you purposely lose one (or ten in a row++) so the game stops dunking you into the center of the earth with matchmaking. 

I'm not throwing at all, have a very solid WR in Gold 1 & 2  (about 85%) and every fight but one tonight I had to choose to ban Galathir or Krixia, all those people had both of them, and there was always a Narses, Seigfrund and/or Lazarius for damage. Yesterday I fought three opponents from MAD (I would say the top PVP clan in the game) ofc with solid empowered champs and mythicals.

Meanwhile Skillz is higher than me in rank but is purposely quitting out of 5 or so fights a day and he says it's easier than G5 Classic, his opponents are a cakewalk.

Basically the game seems to really really really value recent WR as a major factor in the sheer krakenness of your opponents.

May 21, 2024, 12:5805/21/24
05/26/22

Just quit out of the ones you can't win and focus on the ones you can. If I am put up against a team I can't win against, what's the point. Just drop and go onto the next. 

ShortOnSkillzModerator
May 21, 2024, 14:5705/21/24
06/24/19
harleQuinn

Throwing is just when you purposely lose one (or ten in a row++) so the game stops dunking you into the center of the earth with matchmaking. 

I'm not throwing at all, have a very solid WR in Gold 1 & 2  (about 85%) and every fight but one tonight I had to choose to ban Galathir or Krixia, all those people had both of them, and there was always a Narses, Seigfrund and/or Lazarius for damage. Yesterday I fought three opponents from MAD (I would say the top PVP clan in the game) ofc with solid empowered champs and mythicals.

Meanwhile Skillz is higher than me in rank but is purposely quitting out of 5 or so fights a day and he says it's easier than G5 Classic, his opponents are a cakewalk.

Basically the game seems to really really really value recent WR as a major factor in the sheer krakenness of your opponents.

Speaking of I need to do my fights today....

ShortOnSkillzModerator
May 21, 2024, 15:0005/21/24
06/24/19
WileyMan

@ShortOnSkillz 

@TripsB 

@harleQuinn 

As Q pointed out recent WR seems to be very highly weighted so throwing gets me very easy fights when I do actually try and win.  I'll point out too I only throw 1/4 to 1/3 at the start of the month.  It's after my quartz is maxed, or at an amount a 4th chest would be very inefficient, that I throw more than 50%.  Also should mention I hit G4, so no more milestone rewards and most of my important Area bonuses are maxed so not a ton of value lost there.

May 21, 2024, 15:1105/21/24
12/19/19
WileyMan

i

A typical day in live for me. 😀