All Categories

Live arena is for Spenders

Search
May 17, 2024, 00:3705/17/24
04/26/20

Why is it I'd really don't have problems going in live Arena until I have to go against the Spender somebody it's dumped $1,000 into this game to have jacked up champions you can't even be because oh wait because they're jacked up because they've spent thousands of dollars on them I wish they would try to control that a little bit but you know how much rain shadow Legends loves their money

Views
Comments
Comments
May 17, 2024, 00:5605/17/24
11/01/22

How many years of play do you think your opponents have into the game?

May 17, 2024, 20:2205/17/24
03/26/24

Live arena is a joke. 80% of my matches are straight up unwinnable and a waste of time. Terrible, terrible matchmaking 

May 17, 2024, 20:5405/17/24
12/19/19

Cry, cry, cry.... low effort... other than g4 it's like classic arena (except you win 50% instead of 99%).  You just need to put in the effort to get to gold.  Lazy spoiled brats...

May 17, 2024, 23:2705/17/24
01/31/20
Trips

Cry, cry, cry.... low effort... other than g4 it's like classic arena (except you win 50% instead of 99%).  You just need to put in the effort to get to gold.  Lazy spoiled brats...

You are always so hard core.  😂  

Some of my clanmates have shared screenshots & horror stories of the whale teams that skipped Live for the past year and are now climbing the ranks with their insane rosters.  There are s-tier teams dominating in silver & bronze becasue of the new missions.  

May 18, 2024, 01:4605/18/24
May 18, 2024, 01:48(edited)
12/18/19

Can only do so much without proper pvp champs, while im reaching g2 any day now, i see every day how unfair it is when people keep popping in their udks, siphis, pythions, duchesses, rotos-s etc etc. While im trying to have fun there, trying out some meme comps once in a while, the reality still hits quite often, when youve not had the luck of pulls then youre in such a fking disadvantage

May 18, 2024, 04:0705/18/24
01/31/20
sharkium

Can only do so much without proper pvp champs, while im reaching g2 any day now, i see every day how unfair it is when people keep popping in their udks, siphis, pythions, duchesses, rotos-s etc etc. While im trying to have fun there, trying out some meme comps once in a while, the reality still hits quite often, when youve not had the luck of pulls then youre in such a fking disadvantage

I don't remember the forum thread it was in, but you posted your 3v3 teams a few weeks back, and you have good enough toons to get you into Gold 3v3.  It is just a matter of gearing and tuning.  If you need help with team synergy & tuning, I would be happy to help you.  Just LMK.    

May 18, 2024, 15:4705/18/24
05/17/24
Trips

What effort is a 60 account in bronze or silver with throwaway champs supposed to do against consistent lvl 100 accounts with perfectly tuned comps?

You obviously don't see whats happening in other tiers. Raid isn't a game of skill, it's all about luck and simple math.

May 18, 2024, 15:5305/18/24
12/16/21

I'd like to see the content creators do a new challenge where they start up fresh, totally FTP accounts and race to get to tag gold 1

May 18, 2024, 16:0405/18/24
12/19/19

I've asked a million (slight exaggeration) times for people to post screenshot of 10 battles, nobody ever does... we see the 1 or 2 tough matchups.  Just saying 

May 18, 2024, 17:0605/18/24
01/15/21
WileyMan

You are always so hard core.  😂  

Some of my clanmates have shared screenshots & horror stories of the whale teams that skipped Live for the past year and are now climbing the ranks with their insane rosters.  There are s-tier teams dominating in silver & bronze becasue of the new missions.  

I have finally started doing live arena as i want the champ and got blocked at a mission 'equip impulse'

Moving through lower silver, a good chunk of the teams i am facing are similar to those in G3 tag, so i suspect there is power based matchmaking going on. Its no big deal though, i win enough. 

Occasionally i get paired with a newbie and feel a bit bad. I imagine even though i am ftp, to someone new to the game i may look like a 'whale account'

May 18, 2024, 17:1805/18/24
May 18, 2024, 17:19(edited)
12/16/21
Trips

I've asked a million (slight exaggeration) times for people to post screenshot of 10 battles, nobody ever does... we see the 1 or 2 tough matchups.  Just saying 

I average 4-5 wins per 10. I'd be happy to post mine, but theres not gonna be anything surprising. Sometimes I get grotesquely outmatched, sometimes my opponent does. Most fights come down to whoever gets the first turn wins.

I'm in gold 3 live, and I'm *almost* ftp. I've bought the monthly gem pack a few times, and done a forgepass once.

Edit: it certainly *feels* like I'm the only person in gold without a Siphi.

May 18, 2024, 17:1905/18/24
02/03/22

Just dont participate in it if you don't like it. Plarium is not going to change it as it is perfect for they're target audience. Why would they want to screw that up for someone who doesn't invest heavily in the game. I never spend a dime on this game and if I ever try to do live arena, I know that I will loose the vast majority of the battles so I rarely even bother. It is like 3v3 Arena. I doubt I'll ever make it to silver so I'll never finish the missions. It is what it is bro. Be thankful that they give us free login champs from time to time.

May 18, 2024, 17:2905/18/24
10/08/17
Shifty

Just dont participate in it if you don't like it. Plarium is not going to change it as it is perfect for they're target audience. Why would they want to screw that up for someone who doesn't invest heavily in the game. I never spend a dime on this game and if I ever try to do live arena, I know that I will loose the vast majority of the battles so I rarely even bother. It is like 3v3 Arena. I doubt I'll ever make it to silver so I'll never finish the missions. It is what it is bro. Be thankful that they give us free login champs from time to time.

Target audience  ???  what is that in your opinion ? PVP?

again someone making assumptions  of the playerbase and claiming to know...

I personally do not play LIVE arena daily. I think the rewards are good and great hall upgrades awesome...But just do not because I do not have the patience or time...or quality of champions to do anything  until the mercy kicks  in and gives  me that easy fight

Yep I am a huge spender in this game and prefer classic arena and  PVE!  How  much do you think my spending actually affects your play?

ok maybe  in CVC .. I can give you that..but my Hydra team only does less than 200 mil  so based on the ranking for Hydra  probably you will not  meet my clan either

This  whole  nonsence about Pay to Win and whales  is rediculous as  most players never get to directly deal with ACTUAL WHALES/KRAKENS.......so get over it and collect all your FREE rewards as  a free to play and enjoy the game

May 18, 2024, 17:5205/18/24
12/18/19

I think the target audience meant here are people who are more willing to spend when they meet an obstacle as in stronger opponent, shoving people together in pvp will likely yeald them a really big chunk of their profits

May 18, 2024, 18:2205/18/24
May 18, 2024, 19:54(edited)
01/31/20
PriestGuardian

I personally do not play LIVE arena daily. I think the rewards are good and great hall upgrades awesome...But just do not because I do not have the patience or time...or quality of champions to do anything  until the mercy kicks  in and gives  me that easy fight

Yep I am a huge spender in this game and prefer classic arena and  PVE!  How  much do you think my spending actually affects your play?

ok maybe  in CVC .. I can give you that..but my Hydra team only does less than 200 mil  so based on the ranking for Hydra  probably you will not  meet my clan either

This  whole  nonsence about Pay to Win and whales  is rediculous as  most players never get to directly deal with ACTUAL WHALES/KRAKENS.......so get over it and collect all your FREE rewards as  a free to play and enjoy the game

Oh, look who's a grumpy troll this morning.  Come over here you cutie, and let me tickle you under the chin where you like it....

I am a fairly consistent low spender (gem packs, a couple of forge passes, an annual Black Friday Pack), and I face genuine Whale accounts in Live Arena, 3v3 & Hydra evey day/week.  The leader in our current Hydra Clash is the Rank #66 clan and they have 49B on 43 keys.  We are hopelessly out-matched.       

May 18, 2024, 18:3105/18/24
01/31/20
Trevor Wilson

I have finally started doing live arena as i want the champ and got blocked at a mission 'equip impulse'

Moving through lower silver, a good chunk of the teams i am facing are similar to those in G3 tag, so i suspect there is power based matchmaking going on. Its no big deal though, i win enough. 

Occasionally i get paired with a newbie and feel a bit bad. I imagine even though i am ftp, to someone new to the game i may look like a 'whale account'

I do not know for certain, but I do not think the matchmaking takes account power into account for the matchmaking.  I think it is just randomized based on who is available to fight within your tier (or even +/- one tier) when you initiate a fight. 

Seeing G3 Tag quality teams in Silver Live is exactly my point (and the point of the OP).  Newbies are hopelessly out-matched against them, and you.

May 18, 2024, 18:4605/18/24
May 18, 2024, 18:47(edited)
12/16/21

Sometimes I feel bad when i see my opponent is like level 55...

... up until their first pick is a +4 Taras

May 18, 2024, 19:5805/18/24
01/31/20
MooredRat

Sometimes I feel bad when i see my opponent is like level 55...

... up until their first pick is a +4 Taras

Followed by a +4 Galathir, 😂!  

I had a fight in Live the other day where all five opponent picks were empowered & highly awakened Mythicals.     

Fights like that are over at the drafting stage.    

May 18, 2024, 22:1605/18/24
02/03/22
PriestGuardian

Go vent your spleen somewhere else; your agression is uncalled for.

May 18, 2024, 22:3105/18/24
12/19/19
WileyMan

I don't remember the forum thread it was in, but you posted your 3v3 teams a few weeks back, and you have good enough toons to get you into Gold 3v3.  It is just a matter of gearing and tuning.  If you need help with team synergy & tuning, I would be happy to help you.  Just LMK.    

Aka effort  ;) lol

G3 live is easier than g3 tag for sure. It's just a frequency measure tbh. Obviously easier the stronger your account but the 4000 ratings are filling fast with midgamers.