All Categories

Another Plea for Iron Twins! Please Please remove the Energy Cost so it's Viable

Another Plea for Iron Twins! Please Please remove the Energy Cost so it's Viable

Search
Comments
Apr 22, 2024, 23:1804/22/24
01/31/20
harleQuinn

There's like five to ten "forum people"... You think I would waste my own time placating such impressive staggering numbers of people with PR nonsense?

Totally off-topic, but there are a surprisingly low number of active forum posters.  I was active way back in 2020 and then absent until maybe 6 months ago.  It seems like there are a lot fewer active posters now, while the game has actually gotten much bigger.  That seems upside down?      

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Apr 22, 2024, 23:5304/22/24
06/24/19
WileyMan

Totally off-topic, but there are a surprisingly low number of active forum posters.  I was active way back in 2020 and then absent until maybe 6 months ago.  It seems like there are a lot fewer active posters now, while the game has actually gotten much bigger.  That seems upside down?      

I dont think it's an extensive amount of the player base that's actively on any of the social media platforms.  But those that are are probably pretty scattered nowadays.  I'd venture discord is the largest but even on discord there is a large number of servers players would be spread thru.

Apr 23, 2024, 00:0704/23/24
12/16/21

Yeah, i'm sorta the unoffical forum rep for my cluster of ~150 players.

I let them know about anything interesting that comes up here, and pass along any good suggestions they have.

Someone else keeps an eye on facebook, someone else on the twitter, etc

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 23, 2024, 00:4604/23/24
Apr 23, 2024, 00:46(edited)
12/30/20

A lot of folks tend to stick to their clan servers - especially if in a cluster - and spend most of their Raid social time in there. At least that's what I've gathered in my 3 or so years on Discord and other platforms. 

With Reddit, FB, in game, Discord, Twitter and the forum (off the top of my head) there's quite a few ways for folks to have discourse about the game now. 

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 23, 2024, 00:5904/23/24
Apr 23, 2024, 13:13(edited)
02/24/19
Trips

To be clear, the idea suggested will clearly never happen.  I have no doubt you pass along everything you say you will.

And does my maturity level at least bring the perceived age down a bit? Maybe more sophomoric humor will help?

How is live arena going? I've 100% turned live into classic on days I only have 10 minutes. 

You were correct the times you said I'd find Live not bad at all these days. Moved up into Gold from the bottom of Silver since you posted this. 

And side note, Gold is just way easier than the Silver 4 minefield. Went from many fights of Armanz plus 3+ Mythicals (commonly some combo of Krixia, Galathir, Lazarius, Segfrund) to much more steamrollable opponents that I basically beat in champ selection.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 23, 2024, 01:0304/23/24
02/24/19
WileyMan

The boys seemed to have covered this, but basically my clans do most of their talking in oir private discord server, and use the forum and official discord for news mainly.

Apr 23, 2024, 01:5304/23/24
12/19/19
harleQuinn

You were correct the times you said I'd find Live not bad at all these days. Moved up into Gold from the bottom of Silver since you posted this. 

And side note, Gold is just way easier than the Silver 4 minefield. Went from many fights of Armanz plus 3+ Mythicals (commonly some combo of Krixia, Galathir, Lazarius, Segfrund) to much more steamrollable opponents that I basically beat in champ selection.

You had me at "you were correct" 😆 

But yes, gold is more fun. Though I'm doing 1 a day  between the 30 and 40 live win missions.  That was too much for 1 day lol.

Apr 23, 2024, 02:1404/23/24
07/01/22

Kinda surprised this got necro'd a few months after the fact, but I still hope they remove energy costs. I finally got a team that does Stage 15 on Auto but still, especially with the new Soul changes to stats, a lot of F2P people can't do this. Heck that new Bookbinder is built for IT (as well as Sand Devil), it's clear the Devs want more people to engage

Apr 23, 2024, 08:5104/23/24
06/07/23

I feel there are quite a few players that don't use the forum more often, because they feel nothing will be accomplished by voicing an opinion.  

As for IT, I initially liked the awakening aspect when it was introduced. You could quickly see it was going to play a large role in moving out of Mid Play and into Later/End Game. I don't spend a lot maybe 60 bucks a month but even with that I'm selective in what I spend it on. That being said I'd rather spend money on ancient shards than soul stones, at least one I can turn into a chicken at the end of the day.. I'm not worried about energy as much because if I didn't pass it the first time then I go back a stage because I'm obviously not ready for it. I do wish something better could be done about getting soul stones for champions players need them regardless cost. I don't mind putting in the time, energy and effort like every other aspect but when I'm ready to get that fourth star I'd like to be able to go use the resources saved to go get it. Just a thought not everything needs to be RNG.

Apr 23, 2024, 12:3404/23/24
12/19/19
Onikage55

Kinda surprised this got necro'd a few months after the fact, but I still hope they remove energy costs. I finally got a team that does Stage 15 on Auto but still, especially with the new Soul changes to stats, a lot of F2P people can't do this. Heck that new Bookbinder is built for IT (as well as Sand Devil), it's clear the Devs want more people to engage

I think reducing the gem cost significantly for extra keys would be better than eliminating energy myself. 50 gems and I'd probably burn it daily. 

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 23, 2024, 13:1504/23/24
02/24/19
Trips

I think reducing the gem cost significantly for extra keys would be better than eliminating energy myself. 50 gems and I'd probably burn it daily. 

I'll put this back into the feedback loop, the slight twist is nice. I would also burn it daily for that, and I'm sure many would, which is a net positive for them if they're looking at resource use as one of the metrics driving changes.

Apr 23, 2024, 13:4404/23/24
12/19/19
harleQuinn

I'll put this back into the feedback loop, the slight twist is nice. I would also burn it daily for that, and I'm sure many would, which is a net positive for them if they're looking at resource use as one of the metrics driving changes.

Mutually beneficial suggestions is my aim. Seems more likely to be implemented than give us more free shit lol.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 23, 2024, 13:4704/23/24
02/24/19
Trips

Mutually beneficial suggestions is my aim. Seems more likely to be implemented than give us more free shit lol.

You mean I'm less likely to pass along nonstarters like "DAILY SACREDS" or "FREE CAMPAIGN RUNS"??

i

Don't be crazy, Trips

Apr 23, 2024, 14:5504/23/24
11/16/20

I think thes best thing they could do to improve engagement in iron twins is to make the rewards not suck so bad. Ive farmed my 6 keys and 12 on sundays every single day since it was released, and I often wonder why I waste energy, gems, and time for almost zero reward.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Apr 23, 2024, 15:1904/23/24
06/24/19
harleQuinn

I too would happily burn 50 gems daily too.  

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Apr 23, 2024, 15:1904/23/24
06/24/19
evilized6666

I think thes best thing they could do to improve engagement in iron twins is to make the rewards not suck so bad. Ive farmed my 6 keys and 12 on sundays every single day since it was released, and I often wonder why I waste energy, gems, and time for almost zero reward.

This would be the ideal improvement definitely.  I'll take whatever small improvements I can get thoufh.

Apr 23, 2024, 15:4804/23/24
12/19/19
evilized6666

I concede the rewards are lower than anyone would like, but that won't change regardless of any buff lol.

But other than the 150 gems on Sunday, I consider the 120 daily energy to be a mandatory fixed cost even with the rewards as is.

Apr 23, 2024, 17:0304/23/24
01/31/20
Trips

I concede the rewards are lower than anyone would like, but that won't change regardless of any buff lol.

But other than the 150 gems on Sunday, I consider the 120 daily energy to be a mandatory fixed cost even with the rewards as is.

I agree that running the 120 nrg on IT15 is a daily must, even with the low rewards.  It is that something is better than nothing philosophy that Plarium is counting on.

However, if we are genuinely looking at ways to make IT more worthwhile, then I say they should expand IT to 20 levels, improve the drops and add Immortal Soul Coins to the drops for the new levels.

After almost 2 yrs, who was really asking for a nerf to the boss versus giving us better rewards?   

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 23, 2024, 17:1104/23/24
02/24/19
WileyMan

I agree that running the 120 nrg on IT15 is a daily must, even with the low rewards.  It is that something is better than nothing philosophy that Plarium is counting on.

However, if we are genuinely looking at ways to make IT more worthwhile, then I say they should expand IT to 20 levels, improve the drops and add Immortal Soul Coins to the drops for the new levels.

After almost 2 yrs, who was really asking for a nerf to the boss versus giving us better rewards?   

Almost no one engaged enough to be on the forums or discord... instead, it is to make the boss vastly more accessible for the large silent majority that tried it for a few stages, got stuck midway through, and have never done it again.

Apr 23, 2024, 17:1904/23/24
01/31/20
harleQuinn

Almost no one engaged enough to be on the forums or discord... instead, it is to make the boss vastly more accessible for the large silent majority that tried it for a few stages, got stuck midway through, and have never done it again.

Point Taken.

However, no reason they can't simultaneously expand IT to 20 levels with improved drops for the serious players.